• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of those four, I'd go Vaike!Nah, Virion!Brady, Stahl!Yarne and Henry!Gerome.

Hmmm....

I think i like Henry!Nah actually.... how would you do the remaining three then?

brady x virion, libra

yarne x virion, libra, stahl

gerome x virion, stahl

Do Virion!Severa and Stahl!Yarne. Severa gets high speed as well as the faires to run Sniper/BK, Dark Flier, and Wyvern Lord. Stahl makes her speed just average (and her hair looks bad). Yarne is fine with either but Stahl's extra str is more valuable than Virion's speed.

Virion is definitely better for Severa. Stahl makes her into a good unit, but Severa is someone who really should be above average, and Virion's Spd lets her do that well- she can also put all three of his class trees to use.

Inigo will mostly depend on how your girls turn out and whether you need an extra physical support or an extra magical one.

Thanks for the input!

Right now I really don't have any idea what I should be doing with Inigo. My plans so far

Owain - Sage

Brady - Sage

Lucina - DF/GL

Cynthia - DF/PLD/Sniper

Noire - Sniper

Based off my searching, the recommendations I saw were

Severa - Hero

Yarne- Zerk Support

Gerome- Zerk Support

As for Morgan I forgot mention in my previous post, but I am a Mag+/Str Female. I'll be passing down Galeforce, with 2nd gen father. Mostly likely making him a sorc/sage.

The rest of the kids right now are just wildcards right now since I don't have a solid idea of what roles I really want them to play hence why haven't strictly committed to my marriages yet.

You still have Vaike left if I read your pairing correctly because you're doing Henry!Nah? You should bench Fred and pair Stahl and Olivia because Stahl is the best Luna dad for the sons.Then do:

Vaike/Virion!Gerome

Virion/Libra!Yarne

Libra/Virion!Brady

Bench Fred and Kellam because of their bad speed mod and evergreen classes that every kid seems to inherit.

Ehhhhh....

I'm not a fan of vaike!gerome at all. The big sell is axefaire zerker gerome but he doesn't get anything to help his hit...

Thanks for the input!

Right now I really don't have any idea what I should be doing with Inigo. My plans so far

Owain - Sage

Brady - Sage

Lucina - DF/GL

Cynthia - DF/PLD/Sniper

Noire - Sniper

Based off my searching, the recommendations I saw were

Severa - Hero

Yarne- Zerk Support

Gerome- Zerk Support\

Virion!Severa doesn't have the right faire to run Hero. She does the stuff I mentioned in the previous post.

For Inigo, you might want to consider what your second gen pairings might be, and see if he fills a more useful role as a physical or magical galeboy (though Libra could do both).

Hmmm....

I think i like Henry!Nah actually.... how would you do the remaining three then?

brady x virion, libra

gerome x virion, stahl

Think I'm leaning towards stahl!gerome

virion!brady / libra!yarne vs libra!brady / virion!yarne is my sticking point

Hmmm....

brady x virion, libra

gerome x virion, stahl

Overall, that won't be as nice as going with Vaike!Nah, because Gerome sees a larger drop from not having Henry than she does (Henry!Nah and Vaike!Nah are pretty equal).

You'll want Libra!Brady, and Yarne and Gerome can split Virion and Stahl (doesn't matter how).

Overall, that won't be as nice as going with Vaike!Nah, because Gerome sees a larger drop from not having Henry than she does (Henry!Nah and Vaike!Nah are pretty equal).

You'll want Libra!Brady, and Yarne and Gerome can split Virion and Stahl (doesn't matter how).

Not a fan of stahl!gerome?

any thoughts on libra!yarne/brady vs virion!yarne/brady

For Brady: Libra only gives him Dark Mage via Vengeance for extra punishments to satisfy his really low Def, while Virion gives a reasonably good mods in speed, and some useful -breaker skills (Lancebreaker, Bowbreaker).

As for Yarne: idk...

Edited by Formerly Colm

For skills? Pretty much. Always GF, +Mov is helpful and anti-magic could be good in 1.

Virion is definitely better for Severa. Stahl makes her into a good unit, but Severa is someone who really should be above average, and Virion's Spd lets her do that well- she can also put all three of his class trees to use.

Inigo will mostly depend on how your girls turn out and whether you need an extra physical support or an extra magical one.

Robin x Sumia!Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia > Lon'qu/Virion/Vaike!Severa/Gaius!Kjelle > Sumia/Cordelia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Chrom/Fred/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

The husbands are listed in order obtained, not usefulness, by the way.

If you had to narrow the top two fathers down for each child, what would they be?

Robin x sibling Lucina/Cynthia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Virion/Lon'qu

Panne x Virion/Stahl

Cord x Virion/Lon'qu

Nowi x Vaike/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Libra

Cherche x Henry/Stahl

Some of those are still pretty one-sided (Sully, Cherche, Sumia, Tharja, Chrom), others have quite a few contenders for at least 2nd, and should be taken with a grain of salt (Tharja, Olivia, Cherche, Lissa, Chrom). Robin-M is assumed, otherwise it would be Chrom/Yarne (and Robin instead of Maribelle).

Not a fan of stahl!gerome?

any thoughts on libra!yarne/brady vs virion!yarne/brady

Hmm? Stahl!Gerome was on that list. Virion and Stahl are pretty similar dads for Yarne and Gerome.

As for the other two, Virion is superior in both cases, but Yarne benefits a bit more (5/10 Hit) than Brady (75 Spd with a DF support).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Robin x sibling Lucina/Cynthia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Virion/Lon'qu

Panne x Virion/Stahl

Cord x Virion/Lon'qu

Nowi x Vaike/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Libra

Cherche x Henry/Stahl

Some of those are still pretty one-sided (Sully, Cherche, Sumia, Tharja, Chrom), others have quite a few contenders for at least 2nd, and should be taken with a grain of salt (Tharja, Olivia, Cherche, Lissa, Chrom). Robin-M is assumed, otherwise it would be Chrom/Yarne (and Robin instead of Maribelle).

Hmm? Stahl!Gerome was on that list. Virion and Stahl are pretty similar dads for Yarne and Gerome.

As for the other two, Virion is superior in both cases, but Yarne benefits a bit more (5/10 Hit) than Brady (75 Spd with a DF support).

Was mostly referring to the idea that henry->stahl for gerome is somehow more of a drop off than henry->vaike for nah.

Hmm based on this list to get the most people with one of their best 2 you'd do something like:

Sumia!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Lucina!Morgan

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Ricken!Owain

Gregor!Laurent

Vaike!Nah

Lonqu!Severa

Virion!Brady

Henry!Gerome

Stahl!Yarne

Libra!Inigo

So I'm down to the last 3 units, which are Inigo, Noire, and Nah. The fathers left are Ricken/Libra (owain gets one of them, almost assuredly Ricken), Fred, Kellam, Vaike, Donny. The only unpaired kid now is Brady, so he'll take noire or nah.

My question is the best alignment here. I would assume that Brady would like whomever vaike fathers, simply because that will be the best unit capable of fighting on their own. My question is, which of the two girls is an overall better unit for Brady? I'm fine benching the remaining two if it means a better Brady partner. I know that both lose quite a bit when vaike isn't fathering them, but just wondering what you guys think.

Was mostly referring to the idea that henry->stahl for gerome is somehow more of a drop off than henry->vaike for nah.

Hmm based on this list to get the most people with one of their best 2 you'd do something like:

Sumia!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Lucina!Morgan

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Ricken!Owain

Gregor!Laurent

Vaike!Nah

Lonqu!Severa

Virion!Brady

Henry!Gerome

Stahl!Yarne

Libra!Inigo

Vaike!Nah has a perfectly fine Axefaire/Luna Hero that can soft support physical and magical alike. Stahl!Gerome is forced to be a +0 Spd Warrior, or a much weaker Hero/Paladin, which is a big drop from Henry!Gerome's +Hit Berserker.

That's not The One Team. There is no The One Team. Think of each child like puzzle pieces- all of those children would be shapes that are good at patching chinks and fit easily in many places, but they also mainly fill the same role. By running them this way, you pass up an entire other class of units- those who are situationally very powerful, but also only fit in a couple of specific places, and either need to be ran specifically to fill certain roles or have other places in your team specifically set up to accommodate them.

Running with the top, most versatile pieces from a list also precludes doing calcs- if you choose your parent pairings before looking at your child pairings, it's easier to get mismatches and wind up with loose ends. Even if those kids can fit in the most places possible, they can't fit everywhere and there's a very good chance you'll be looking around at the end and realize that what you have left is not what you need.

My team, which I spent weeks crafting and running calcs on, uses stuff that's not even on the first list. I'm packing Vaike!Yarne, who is normally restricted in Apo and horrible in non-Apo postgame, simply because what he does have fits my needs precisely. I've got Ricken!Gerome, a jack of all trades/master of none, paired with Morgan. And I'm using Fred!Noire. But the whole team would break if I changed any of them- they're not there because they're hard to mess up, they're there because they're what I need.

So I'm down to the last 3 units, which are Inigo, Noire, and Nah. The fathers left are Ricken/Libra (owain gets one of them, almost assuredly Ricken), Fred, Kellam, Vaike, Donny. The only unpaired kid now is Brady, so he'll take noire or nah.

My question is the best alignment here. I would assume that Brady would like whomever vaike fathers, simply because that will be the best unit capable of fighting on their own. My question is, which of the two girls is an overall better unit for Brady? I'm fine benching the remaining two if it means a better Brady partner. I know that both lose quite a bit when vaike isn't fathering them, but just wondering what you guys think.

Why not Ricken!Noire for Brady? +6 Mag Luna Sage? Owain can take Libra, and Nah can have Vaike.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

What, exactly, determins growth rates/basic stats/etc?

I have Lissa and Ricken paired together together. I've heard that Owain could get godly Mag if Ricken is the father and Owain is classed into a mage asap.

Now, does the class affect his magic or is it just Ricken himself? Like if I reclass Ricken to something that isn't Magic based to pass down a certain skill for Owain, will that affect it? A related question would be does having Ricken stay as a Sage give him the Magic boost or is it just Ricken's character itself?

Thanks, I'm working on this right now and couldn't find a good answer through google searching.

Finally decided that I would give this a shot. I normally just don't care, but wanted a challenge.

Lissa - Ricken for Sage Owain

Sully - Kellam for General Kjelle

Miriel - Henry to support Laurent's magic

Maribelle - Gregor - Leftover

Panne - Vaike - Leftover

Cordelia - Lon'qu - Supports Severas attack

Nowi - Donnel - For Nah to have insane growth rates

Sumia - Gaius - Leftover

Olivia - Chrom - Rightful King and other select skills makes Inigo devestating.

Cherche - Virion - Bow Breaker

Tharja - Libra - To help counter Noire being critted (and for Renewal)

Female Avatar - Gerome - Child Character to boost from 4 characters as grandchild. Dont remember why I chose him, but seems fair.

What do you all think?

Edited by Integrity

Kjelle - Kellam makes Kjelle really bad in terms of class overlap, poor mods, and no Pegasus Knight. Either Gaius or Donnel is infinitely preferable here for Galeforce; Gaius has the better mods.

Laurent - Henry is OK here, but Henry is a valuable dad because of magic mods, Barbarian, and Dark Mage, so giving him to a kid who already has all of those three is pretty wasteful. If you want the magic mod, using someone lesser in demand like Libra might work. Gregor!Laurent is considered valuable because he gets Vantage, as well as Sol and Armsthrift run some crazy sorc builds for non-Apo, as well as the flexibility of magic or physical support for Apo.

Brady - He'll be fine with practically anyone, but Gregor doesn't give him the ideal mods...unless you just really want to run War Monk for some reason. May want to consider either a +spd or +mag dad.

Yarne - He's okay since he has Berserker at base, but the massive class overlap means he can't do much else, and he doesn't get the +hit skills he needs. Vaike!Yarne would probably work better as Axefaire Hero than Berserker.

Nowi - Galeforce and Aptitude look nice on paper, but nice growths become less useful once she quickly hits her caps - which will be poor thanks to Donnel's mods. May want to put Henry or Vaike her instead.

Cynthia - She's good no matter what, and Gaius's mods are great, but usually Gaius is considered to be really desired by either Sully or Tharja. Henry is usually the favorable non-Chrom option for Dark Flier. Fred also sort of works - but more because Cynthia can't be ruined even by a father that almost no one else wants.

Gerome - Virion!Gerome works as a Bowfaire Warrior, though if you want him backing up your FeMu, may want to consider Berserker for better pair-up bonus. Though that only works with Henry, so if you don't want to do that, this is the next best thing.

Also you're not using Stahl anywhere? I would highly suggest giving him to Panne so Yarne can be a Berserker with Hit+20.

Edited by Radiant head

Doesn't Kellam as Kjelle's father give her some really good defense stats which would help her out as a tank?

I'm currently not using Stahl anywhere, or Fredrick. I really only did Sully because shes the mother and it's just required.

I've never been a big fan of any of the first characters the FE games give you, other than the healers and the main character. It just seems as chapters goes on, I never use the ones I started out with. Maybe because I'm more of a diverse player and want to play and try out all the characters I keep earning.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll be reconsidering a few of them now.

My method of planning was figuring out who the mothers were and marrying them off. The guy they would be with would try to enhance the child's strengths or support their weaknesses with the extra skills I would get for them through mother and father.

Example Sully with Kellam as a general for defense would output a Kjelle with equal or more defense right? Then have skills to enhance that or save her. Like shaving off magic damage with Aegis. I have a specific class I want the child to be, so I would want to get them skills to compliment that class. Bowbreaker for the wyvern rider just goes hand in hand right?

Again, thank you for the advice.

Edited by wesman2232

Well you don't have to really use them to get their children. Like I think Donnel is garbage, and I don't ever use him in main-game, but I use him just to recruit Kjelle. You generally don't have room to deploy every single mother anyway.

Nah, I think I would've gotten the best children characters I could get then go with just them. I'm not completely sure myself since It's my first run actually trying for good stat/skill child characters. Which is why I also posted this thread here http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59590

Just being a sponge currently.

What, exactly, determins growth rates/basic stats/etc?

I have Lissa and Ricken paired together together. I've heard that Owain could get godly Mag if Ricken is the father and Owain is classed into a mage asap.

Now, does the class affect his magic or is it just Ricken himself? Like if I reclass Ricken to something that isn't Magic based to pass down a certain skill for Owain, will that affect it? A related question would be does having Ricken stay as a Sage give him the Magic boost or is it just Ricken's character itself?

Thanks, I'm working on this right now and couldn't find a good answer through google searching

eh kind of fucked up the flow of the thread but i put your post here

I would take a look at the links in Czar_Yoshi's signature. Or go here http://serenesforest.net/awakening/

What people usually look for stat-wise, are the cap modifiers. Each class has a set of caps, and a unit has unique modifiers that add/subtract (or you know, modify) from the class cap. That's also the outcome of when you choose the asset flaw of your avatar. If you do +spd/-def, your avatar gets +4 spd on top of the class's cap, and -3 def as well.

So for children, the mods are calculated by adding both parents, and then adding 1 to all of them. So Ricken!Owain has +5 mag and -2 str when you had Ricken and Lissa's mods, and +1. That's why Sage is suggested, because that's how he can take advantage of his high magic, and doesn't have to worry about his low strength that he won't be using. I personally like using him as a Dread Fighter, because that class usually has a low mag cap, but because of the +5 mod, it becomes a good cap.

Almost didn't even realize there's more to SF than the forums. My first day here actually.

So it's both. I would want to figure out the class caps, then add on the unique character modifiers. Thought I read a article with the child formula being to add all their rates then divide by 3?

No wonder I never tried all this before. It's all confusing with there being a lot of different information out there. Oh well, time to learn. Thank you Integrity for including my post.

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, January 6, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, January 6, 2016 - No reason given

Doesn't Kellam as Kjelle's father give her some really good defense stats which would help her out as a tank?

Not really.

Kjelle's base mods (which is basically her mom's mods then +1): 0 Str, 0 Mag +3 Skl +3 Spd +1 Lck 0 Def +2 Res

Kjelle is fast and her biggest strength is being a strong frontliner because she has the speed, a good proc skill in Luna, and Paladin. She wants a dad that gives her more good skills (Galeforce) and a better attack (physical or magical) mod. Kellam only drags her down by screwing up her best mods and giving her classes she doesn't want. Kellam!Kjelle is not even that great of a tank because almost every variant of Gerome and Nah will have more defense than her and gameplay wise, tanking is outclassed by the good avoid you get from multiple reclassing with seals, pair-up bonuses/Dual Guard+, and Sol/Nosferatu/Avessa's Night.

If you want to calculate, use this calculator to see the what your pairings do to the childrens mods.

So it's both. I would want to figure out the class caps, then add on the unique character modifiers. Thought I read a article with the child formula being to add all their rates then divide by 3?

Nope, it's mom's mod + dad's mod + 1 to each stat

Sully mods: -1 Str, -1 Mag +2 Skl +2 Spd 0 Lck -1 Def +1 Res

then add

Kellam's mods: +1 Str, 0 Mag +1 Skl -2 Spd -2 Lck 3 Def 0 Res

then add one to each stat which equals:

Kellam!Kjelle mods: +1 Str, 0 Mag +4 Skl +1 Spd -1 Lck 3 Def +1 Res

You don't even have to do the calculations by yourself, just use the calculator that I linked.