What do you all think?

First off, what are you doing? Apo? Non-Apo DLC? Lunatic(+) nogrind? Different pairs are good at different things, and different game mechanics apply in different situations- in Apo, you're only ever going to care about your ending class/skillset, your mods and your S support, ingame mods barely matter and you're more interested in bases, growths, availability, class path and potential children.

Assuming it's Apo, patching up weaknesses doesn't really work as a gameplay strategy. You think you want your tank to have good Def? There's an enemy (3 of them, actually) there that requires you to have less than 30 Def to OHKO you, but more than 110 not to be 2HKOed. +3 Def from Kellam's mods is not going to even remotely scratch that. Bowbreaker and Aegis? They're random, either you can survive without them 100% of the time (aka they don't help you stay alive), or an activation saves you and a failure kills you, which means you put your fate in the hands of the RNG, which is something you should never, ever have to do in Apo.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more satisfying to get a "perfect" team by looking at a list everybody else has access to than it is to do hours of calcs and theorycrafting to make something perfectly tailored to yourself?

Suit yourself. I'm sticking with my 100% DS team.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

That's so unsatisfying though.

Rephrase it like this: wouldn't the "one" team be the team that is catered specifically to you? A team that you personally meshed into a specific niche which separates your team from everyone else's?

This can mean multiple ideas. Just because you have the same pairings as someone else doesn't mean that you run the same skills and ideology. But at the same time, you are getting a unique experience working on a team you want rather than a team that looks good.

Robin x sibling Lucina/Cynthia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Virion/Lon'qu

Panne x Virion/Stahl

Cord x Virion/Lon'qu

Nowi x Vaike/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Libra

Cherche x Henry/Stahl

Some of those are still pretty one-sided (Sully, Cherche, Sumia, Tharja, Chrom), others have quite a few contenders for at least 2nd, and should be taken with a grain of salt (Tharja, Olivia, Cherche, Lissa, Chrom). Robin-M is assumed, otherwise it would be Chrom/Yarne (and Robin instead of Maribelle).

Hmm? Stahl!Gerome was on that list. Virion and Stahl are pretty similar dads for Yarne and Gerome.

As for the other two, Virion is superior in both cases, but Yarne benefits a bit more (5/10 Hit) than Brady (75 Spd with a DF support).

I'm surprised about some of these haha.

Robin X Lucina

Chrom X Sumia

Sumia x Chrom

Lissa x Stahl

Sully X Donnel

Miriel X Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Gaius x Noire

Vaike x Nah

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Henry

Virion x Severa

Panne x ???

For child pairings.

How would these look?

Sumia! Lucina x Robin

Lucina! Morgan x Ricken! Laurent

Virion! Severa x Libra! Inigo

Lon'qu! Brady x Vaike! Nah

Stahl! Owain x Chrom! Cynthia

Gaius! Noire x Henry! Gerome

Donnel! Kjelle x ? Yarne?

How would these look?

Sumia! Lucina x Robin

Lucina! Morgan x Ricken! Laurent

Virion! Severa x Libra! Inigo

Lon'qu! Brady x Vaike! Nah

Stahl! Owain x Chrom! Cynthia

Gaius! Noire x Henry! Gerome

Donnel! Kjelle x ? Yarne?

Robin: Asset/Flaw?

Morgan: Good. Consider Brady instead to make better use of Valk's +Spd, assuming +Mag/-Def.

Severa: OK. Wyvern Severa doesn't like Galeboys much though, if you really want a GF Berserker, use Paladin Cynthia (or maybe Gaius!Kjelle).

Brady: Once again OK.

Cynthia: Assuming Bow Knight for Owain? Works well.

Noire: She likes having a Berserker support, but since she'll always be attacking at range with Bowfaire, Hex won't work and Gerome will be very sad.

Kjelle: Consider swapping Gregor onto Laurent, Ricken onto Owain and Stahl onto Yarne. This will annoy Cynthia, though. Kjelle will want to go Wyvern.

I don't really have much to say about pairings from that top two list. They're so standard, there's nothing extra you need to do to make them work, just plug them in and they'll be B tier or above.

I went Lon'qu!Severa on my Aversa!Morgan file and am starting to wish I had gone with Virion for Bow Knight with Bowfaire. Can Bow Knight Lon'qu! Severa still work with Galeforce/Vengeance/Limit Breaker/Swordfaire/All Stats+2 ? Are Bow Knights even usable on Apo?

Right now I only have Aversa x Robin, Lon'qu x Cordelia, and Sumia X Chrom with Maribelle and Ricken and Lissa with Stahl ready to go!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Yeah I got what you were saying. I was posting my own suspicions that Brady works best as a sage, as opposed to a dark Knight or something. Thanks.

Actually, he'd do pretty well as a DK too (Lon'qu, right?). Since it doesn't involve changing anything permanent, you might want to just try both and see which you like more.

I went Lon'qu!Severa on my Aversa!Morgan file and am starting to wish I had gone with Virion for Bow Knight with Bowfaire. Can Bow Knight Lon'qu! Severa still work with Galeforce/Vengeance/Limit Breaker/Swordfaire/All Stats+2 ? Are Bow Knights even usable on Apo?

Right now I only have Aversa x Robin, Lon'qu x Cordelia, and Sumia X Chrom with Maribelle and Ricken and Lissa with Stahl ready to go!

As one of the three +3 Spd male classes, BKs are automatically viable on Apo. They're good for females too though, particularly Gaius!Noire.

They have the second lowest BST of any promoted class (behind GK, and ahead of Griffon) which is pretty offputting on paper, but 8-Mov Bows is exclusive to them, and they give nifty pairup bonuses too- similar to but typically better than Hero. They also have a fairly flexible base 41 Spd, which at 1 higher than Paladin offers a few useful advantages. They're not something you want to spam freely, but they're very good if you have a specific job for them. If you do use them, try to stick to Bows, since Sword-wise they're usually inferior to Paladins. Usually. Not always.

Unfortunately, in Lon'qu!Severa's case, a BK with All+2 and a +0 Spd support gives the ever-awkward 74 Spd. You'll probably want to use AT instead of All+2 for her so you can chuck around Ragnell instead.

Yes, both of them will hit it with a Berserker and no additional assistance. More specifically, they'll overshoot it, which is why it's unfortunate that they can't do it without- inefficiency isn't bad and is sometimes unavoidable, but is never a good thing.

Yes, both of them will hit it with a Berserker and no additional assistance. More specifically, they'll overshoot it, which is why it's unfortunate that they can't do it without- inefficiency isn't bad and is sometimes unavoidable, but is never a good thing.

What would be the best husband/ support for Bow Knight Virion! Severa then? A +1 from something like a Paladin? I know I'm using Lon'qu! Severa as a Wyvern Lord since she can't really do anything else and Vaike! Severa for Hero because it's where her stats/parent skills really shine.

Also, these are my +Magic, -Defense Pairings with Aversa! Morgan

Male Robin (+Magic, - Def) @Grandmaster X Aversa @Dark Flier

Aversa! Morgan @Dark Flier or Valkyrie X Ricken! Brady @Sage

Sumia! Lucina @Great Lord or Sniper X Stahl! Owain @Assassin

Lon'qu! Severa @Wyvern Lord X Henry! Gerome @Berserker

Chrom! Cynthia @ Paladin or Sniper X Yarne or Laurent?

Kjelle X Inigo?

Not really sure what I want to do with Chrom! Cynthia, Inigo, Yarne, Noire, Laurent, and Kjelle. It's nice to not have to worry about Nah! I'm trying to avoid having to stack classes for Apo, but I don't know what to do. Is there any way to rearrange these pairings so everybody can have unique classes? I just wish there was a way to do Apo without only Dark Fliers, Sages, and Snipers. Is there no way for Tricksters, Falcon Knights, War Clerics, Sorcerers, or Assassins to have their uses?

Bow Knight Severa? Dunno, anything with +Spd. Avoid stuff reliant on Hex if you plan to attack at range, though.

Just Dark Fliers, Sages and Snipers? What about Berserkers and Paladins, everyone uses those! Or Wyverns, Warriors, Falcos, Valkyries, Bow Knights, and Heroes? Maybe a situational DK or GK, or even Brides and Dread Fighters? All of those are great in Apo if you play them to their strengths. Even things like Griffon can be useful (fastest male flying class).

Very few classes are actually useless in Apo. Tricksters have the dubious distinction of having the lowest Atk in the game, Monks and Sorcs are essentially worse Berserkers and Sages respectively, and nobody likes Taguels. There are also a few cases like Assassin and General that look good on paper, but the way the children work out there's just nobody capable of benefiting from their strengths and not being harmed by their weaknesses at the same time.

Bow Knight Severa? Dunno, anything with +Spd. Avoid stuff reliant on Hex if you plan to attack at range, though.

Just Dark Fliers, Sages and Snipers? What about Berserkers and Paladins, everyone uses those! Or Wyverns, Warriors, Falcos, Valkyries, Bow Knights, and Heroes? Maybe a situational DK or GK, or even Brides and Dread Fighters? All of those are great in Apo if you play them to their strengths. Even things like Griffon can be useful (fastest male flying class).

Very few classes are actually useless in Apo. Tricksters have the dubious distinction of having the lowest Atk in the game, Monks and Sorcs are essentially worse Berserkers and Sages respectively, and nobody likes Taguels. There are also a few cases like Assassin and General that look good on paper, but the way the children work out there's just nobody capable of benefiting from their strengths and not being harmed by their weaknesses at the same time.

Could Frederick or Libra!! Inigo work as a pair-up for Virion! Severa's Bow Knight or does she want a hard support like Gerome still? What about Stahl! Owain? I'm interested in seeing if Virion! Severa could be paired with either of those Galeboys if you're assuming that I'm using her for Sniper, Bow Knight, Sage, or Dark Flier rather than Wyvern?

I'm really tempted to redo my pairings around Lucina X Robin and Virion! Severa now. It's SO silly, I get all kinds of worked up about certain classes. After seeing Virion! Severa's versatility and refined hair color, I don't know if I can imagine her having anyone else now.

BKs are great for pairing with Galeboys, she'll prefer one of them to a hard support.

Hmm, would she prefer Frederick! Inigo @Hero or Stahl! Owain? I have absolutely no idea which classes work best on Stahl! Owain since I always go Ricken or Libra for him. Same issue with Libra! Inigo--no idea who I would pair up with him either.

In general, I like Frederick better than Gregor or Kellam, so I rarely bench him. I also equally enjoy Severa's supports with both Inigo and Owain. I guess the nice thing about Bow Knight is that it is an offense-neutral support like Hero, which means if I do Inigo X Severa, I know I can be flexible with class choices!

Out of Libra! Inigo, Frederick! Inigo, Stahl! Owain, Ricken! Owain, or Libra! Owain, who will benefit Virion! Severa the most as a Bow Knight while also retaining her other classes?

I'd go with a Paladin, probably. You don't need the +1 Spd from Hero, so you might as well grab a +Str boost instead. Stahl!Owain and Fred!Inigo can both do that. Other good Stahl!Owain classes are Sniper, BK and Dread Fighter, and he can also stick with Sage if you want. He even has Hit+20 Berserker, though the utility of that is limited since you'd pretty much have to make him a hard support (if Severa wants to switch to Wyvern, it would be useful).

As much as I like Lon'qu!Owain, I highly doubt that its any good for Apo because Lon'qu doesn't give Owain any procs. Its a real shame because I really appreciate Lissa x Lonqu, its so appealing in-terms of canon...

Edited by Formerly Colm

I'm thinking of doing some random walkthrough, and I was wondering if Lon'qu!Gerome is any good?

Nah not really, doesn't get +hit or any of the faires to run his Zerker/Warrior classes, and he can't take much advantage of Lon's spd/skl. Though he could probably run Sword Hero support if you really wanted to make it work.