• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can kind of check their 'canon' class in the Future Past to decide which way they're supposed to go on the branch. I keep my characters in their native classes lines as well and used the DLC to determine the class for the children characters.

Noire - Sniper

Cynthia - Falcon Knight

Nah - Manakete

Yarne - Taguel

Inigo and Severa - Hero

Laurent - Sage

Brady - War Cleric

Owain - Swordsmaster

Kjelle - General

Gerome - Wyvern Lord

It'd help if you actually post what classes you're going to end your children as instead of speculating. I mean Brady is a War Cleric, by his DLC class so if you're following that, it's going to have an impact on what you might want.

Those all look great. I've yet to play that DLC, or even use most of the children characters, so I wasn't aware of what their native classes are. Assuming that those are the classes that they'll end up as, what would you recommend as far as fathers go? I'll just go from there and change things around to suit personal preference.

Those all look great. I've yet to play that DLC, or even use most of the children characters, so I wasn't aware of what their native classes are. Assuming that those are the classes that they'll end up as, what would you recommend as far as fathers go? I'll just go from there and change things around to suit personal preference.

Chrom x Maribelle, (if you want to prioritize Morgan above Lucina, Brady at least gets a neutral-ish Father despite not getting anything particularly useful for War Cleric Brady)

Chrom x Olivia (If you feel like playing with a little luck Inigo + Aegis, Pavise, Sol, and Rightful King amuses me personally, but I'd hardly call it 'optimized' otherwise it gives Inigo Luna and better mods for Lucina as a mother IMO)

Lissa x Libra (Swordmaster Owain is a throw away IMO so give him some combination of Hex/Anathema/Dual Support+/Swordfaire/Aggressor/Limitbreaker, I'd personally not pass Galeforce from Lissa on the pure basis that I find physical Owain pretty lackluster, just pair him with somebody that has it.)

Olivia x Stahl

Maribelle x Henry (Axefaire, Hex, Anathema)

Sully x Donnel

Sumia x Frederick

Cordelia x Gregor (Axefaire from Gregor isn't a total loss, plus you should use what you like)

Cherche x Vaike

Panne x Kellam (Throw away character, you can use Dual Guard+ it's not great, but I'd not give up Henry or Libra for Yarne personally)

Miriel x Ricken

Noire x Gaius

Nowi x Lon'qu (Attempt to salvage speed I guess another throw away character or you can take Libra or Henry for better support skills and give Lissa or Brady something else depending on who you're going to pair Nah with.)

Chrom!Brady is bad if you want him to end in War Cleric. Henry/Gregor/Vaike are better because of Axefaire. Stahl!Owain can work as a Swordmaster, but the class is awful like WC.

I said Chrom Brady didn't get anything useful, but he's not actively poor either. It's up there for Morgan not Brady. 1. Gregor is take by Cordelia because he wants that pairing, 2) Owain is pretty useless as a Swordmaster buffing his support skills makes him more usable and without Axefaire Brady still offers Rescue support so he can live without his Faire. 3) Henry is mentioned for Brady if he decides not to do Chrom x Maribelle for the modifiers for Lucina which his Avi is going to Marry. Morgan >>> Brady especially when that Brady is going to be sub-par anyway you slice it. Stahl doesn't bring much to a support Owain and why you'd try to make Owain a front runner being left in the Swordmaster class is beyond me, it's not like Owain needs Galeforce and if he's paired with somebody who has Galeforce which is most of the female children it's not even THAT useful to have them both with Galeforce. 4) Vaike is better served where he can be more useful.

Edited by Dwlr

Well actually the purpose of Stahl!Owain is mainly so that Owain can be used physically, and that Stahl provides procs such as Luna. While Owain is probably the least effective out of the rest of the Galeboys (Inigo, Brady & MMorgan), there's really no reason to not have Galeforce at all when you think about it.

Edited by Formerly Colm

Any tips for who Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan (+mag -str avatar father) will need as a husband? Morgan is likely going to be a sorc/sage/dark flier. I might want to give her Ricken!Laurent, but is there anyway to further boost her magical damage output?

Hey, I'm not sure if this is really the right place to ask this, since it's not vanilla Awakening, but I've got two questions about optimizing a gay run of Awakening for Apo. I figured this would be okay, since I saw someone mention optimizing around gay marriage a few pages back, but let me know if there's a better place to ask this.

First, if Sully has to marry either Sumia or Cordelia, which is better? Sumia can also marry Lissa, and Cordelia can also marry Olivia and Tharja. Sumia and Cordelia can marry each other, but that's probably a bad idea, since it leaves Kjelle without Galeforce. At a glance, Sully/Sumia makes Kjelle a good TF Sage/DF with -2 0 +5 +6 1 -2 +2 mods plus a pretty much base Cynthia with better Spd and slightly worse Str/Mag, while Sully/Cordelia makes Kjelle a potential VV Sorc and gives Severa a proc (Luna), with 1 0 +5 +5 0 0 0.

Second, is it better for Chrom to marry Gaius or MaMU? The former gives Lucina Galeforce, which is incidentally the thing that rules out all his other potential spouses, while the latter makes Lucina and F!Morgan pretty much set for life (plus Morgan gets Aether instead of RK, since she's a girl), with the two caveats that MaMU can't really use his back-of-pair tools nearly as well as normal, since Chrom lacks Galeforce, and Luci and Morgan can't marry each other.

Thoughts?

Edited by aeroblast

I have a Spd/Luck MU(F) and I'm wondering who should I pair up.

Some variant of Yarne, or Chrom.

Hey, I'm not sure if this is really the right place to ask this, since it's not vanilla Awakening, but I've got two questions about optimizing a gay run of Awakening for Apo. I figured this would be okay, since I saw someone mention optimizing around gay marriage a few pages back, but let me know if there's a better place to ask this.

Disclaimer: I have no clue how that patch works, so my advice might be off the mark a little.

Giving Yarne, Gerome and Laurent GF and procs is pretty important, so you'll want to stick Sumia and Cordelia on two of them (I wonder if Panne would pass Wyvern to Severa?). Whoever doesn't get one would probably get Lissa or Olivia, or maybe Robin-F if you don't want to mess up a Galeboy. Maybe just bench Gerome and Nah.

Gaius!Lucina sounds interesting. Kjelle wouldn't mind missing him, she can get GF from Lissa or Olivia instead. Lissa!Noire would work out, I bet.

Also, I'm curious what happens if Chrom!Cynthia tries passing Aether to Morgan-M.

Any tips for who Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan (+mag -str avatar father) will need as a husband? Morgan is likely going to be a sorc/sage/dark flier. I might want to give her Ricken!Laurent, but is there anyway to further boost her magical damage output?

Anyone?

Another Sage. Owain, Brady, maybe Laurent. If you're not doing Apo, there won't be any thresholds to worry about, so maybe pick one of the Galeboys. Remember that you can change your class on the fly after your pairings are set, so you can switch to Dark Flier later if you like- it's not a permanent decision.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Right, all of that looks pretty solid. I'm pretty sure Panne passes Wyvern to girls - class inheritance is gender-based. The main issue with giving the non-Galeboys Galeforce is that none of Cordelia, Lissa, or Olivia come with native Luna, and I'm pretty sure none of the boys have it either, meaning that at least one ends up either procless or GF-less. Which one'd mind that the least?

Okay, last question. Which is best: Miriel/Sumia and Panne/Maribelle, Panne/Sumia and Miriel/Maribelle, or skipping a proc on Yarne with Chrom/Sumia and Miriel/Maribelle? If Chrom doesn't marry Sumia, he can also marry Cordelia, Gaius, or MaMU (who I'm using) thanks to the hack, as well as all the other usual options, though I'd prefer not to give him Olivia this time. If Astra's also a viable proc for Apo, that'll free up my options a little (since Lissa's sons get it), but I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as good as Luna.

Edited by aeroblast

I'd definitely do Miriel/Maribelle. With that, Sumia/Cordelia can cover Gerome and Yarne (respectively), and then with Lissa/Tharja and Olivia/Kjelle, you have procs/GF on everyone but Nah (unless Robin-F x Nowi is used- does this give Morgan-M Manakete?). Lucina should still get Gaius.

...Unless the patch also allows the Spotpass Six to marry and pass down their classes. That would change stuff up. Does it?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Alright. The Spotpass Six, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, and Flavia can't marry anyone besides MU at the moment, I'm pretty sure. Either way, though, there's a weird bug with different-gender class passdowns which basically results in Priam and Basilio not being able to pass Peg, so I'd have to use Emmeryn or Aversa for DF (with Aversa being girls-only, since I think she forces passing Shadowgift). Thanks for all the help.

Edited by aeroblast

Not all male classes become Peg, you know. Vaike doesn't pass it, for one.

I don't believe Aversa's passdown is forced, though I haven't used her in forever so I don't remember.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hey, had a quick question regarding a pairing - for Ricken!Gerome, is that Gerome still going to be a hard support as like a Warrior? Or are the mods enough to make him useful in a magic class?

Additionally, is it better in general to pair a Male MU with a 1st Generation for skills/double Morgan or a second generation character?

Ricken!Gerome can go either physical or magical, with Warrior for high physical damage output, Sage for high magical damage output, and Bow Knight for +Spd. Make him into whatever your team needs at the moment.

Robin-M can go either first gen or second gen. First gen is typically better for ingame and teams that use only a few kids, second gen is important if you want to deploy all thirteen. Good first gen options include Sumia, Cordelia and Lissa. The former two work with +Mag/-Def, the latter two work with +Spd/-Def (so Cord works with both- the kids will be set up for Wyvern/Valkyrie either way; +Spd is slightly better for Wyvern and +Mag is slightly better for Valkyrie). Good second gen options include pretty much anyone with GF not fathered by Donnel.

Starting up the old Awakening save again and I wanted to get some advice. I'm going to use both Sumia and Cordelia and want one of them to be a Falcoknight and the other a Dark Knight. I know Sumia can get both Healtouch and Tomefaire which would complement Falcoknight and Dark Flier respectively. I going to pair Sumia with Frederick and Cordelia with Stahl if that affects the answer. Thanks in advance!