There's a deployment cap (20 in Apo's case). There's just no room to field every, single, individual unit and pair. You might not even want to field all the kids (who typically replace 1st gen units sans Avatar/Chrom/Spouses.

For classes, Manakete and Taguel are subpar because they lack good weapons (read: braves/long bow). It won't make the maps impossible, but you are literally halving your potential damage. You don't want to field out of obligation, you want to field your best units. Sometimes, even a rescue bot is better than a child.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a deployment cap (20 in Apo's case). There's just no room to field every, single, individual unit and pair. You might not even want to field all the kids (who typically replace 1st gen units sans Avatar/Chrom/Spouses.

For classes, Manakete and Taguel are subpar because they lack good weapons (read: braves/long bow). It won't make the maps impossible, but you are literally halving your potential damage. You don't want to field out of obligation, you want to field your best units. Sometimes, even a rescue bot is better than a child.

I'm definitely aware of that, yeah. I kinda just thought to list everyone off because why not? XP

There will, no doubt, be some bots involved. Just need to think of who..

In terms of bots,

Rally Bots range from 1-4 (I use 2)

Rescue Bots fill in the rest of the slots. The more you have the more movement tools you have at the cost of combat units (how many combat pairs do you want?). If it's something like Chrom/Sumia + Avatar/Lucina + 3 Combat Pair children + Olivia, then you have room for 9 bots. Adding in more combat units simply lowers bot count.

Please rate my pairings :) [i'm new to playing FE]

First playthrough: FeMU asset skill, physical type

FeMU x Inigo (not sure of parent yet)

Chrome x Sumia

Stahl x Sully

Lonqu x cordelia

Ricken x lissa

Gaius x nowi

Donnel x tharja

Vaike x cherche

Henry x maribelle

Gregor x miriel

Help me pick?:

Fred!Inigo or virion!Inigo (hair color badass)

Or libra!Inigo

Or Fred!Yarne

Or virion!Yarne

Or kellam!Yarne

Leaning more towards virion!Inigo (for hair color)

Thanks all :)

Edit: that "chrome" there means Google.(...actually it was autocorrect)

Edited by Tinong9

Please rate my pairings :) [i'm new to playing FE]

Welcome to the forums, and to the series!

First playthrough: FeMU asset skill, physical type

FeMU x Inigo (not sure of parent yet)

Chrome x Sumia

Stahl x Sully

Lonqu x cordelia

Ricken x lissa

Gaius x nowi

Donnel x tharja

Vaike x cherche

Henry x maribelle

Gregor x miriel

There's a mix of well-regarded and...less-well-regarded pairs here (not surprising, since you're new--I made many 'mistakes' myself). Note that, in this thread, most people are assuming you're trying to go for Apotheosis (aka "Apo"), the "ultimate challenge" DLC map. If you aren't trying to do that, and are just playing the game--do whatever pairings you like. It doesn't matter what you choose, you'll be able to win the game, even on the highest difficulty setting.

With that in mind, here's my review:

Chrom (no e!) x Sumia -- Perfectly good choice. Neither parent has many options to begin with, anyway!

Stahl x Sully -- A choice most wouldn't recommend, I think. Stahl is a great dad if you care about skills more than modifiers, but Kjelle already has most of the things Stahl can give her. More importantly, Stahl!Kjelle misses out on Galeforce. It's not the end of the world, but there are better choices--for both Stahl and Sully.

Lon'qu x Cordelia -- A strong choice. It was recommended to me, a long while back, and I've been quite pleased with how LQ!Severa has performed.

Ricken x Lissa -- Another strong choice. Lissa's already Mag-focused, and Ricken is the best dad for Mag kids.

Gaius x Nowi -- An acceptable choice, if you want Nah to have Galeforce. I think most would recommend a different choice, but you're at least taking advantage of Gaius' GF inheritance.

Donnel x Tharja -- I suspect most would recommend that you switch to Donnel x Nowi and Gaius x Tharja. Donnel!Nah has weaker modifiers, but Gaius!Noire is much better at being a Sniper, a strong class (especially for Apotheosis).

Vaike x Cherche -- Just fine. Vaike!Gerome gets Berserker, which is one of the best male classes, especially for a non-Galeboy like Gerome. Note, however, that Vaike's high Str mod means he is desirable in other places too (Vaike!Nah is a common choice).

Henry x Maribelle -- Acceptable. Allows Brady to be a Berserker if for some reason that's desirable (but really he should stay a Sage), gives Dark Mage to round out Brady's kit.

Gregor x Miriel -- A strong choice, one that nearly everyone seems to recommend.

Help me pick?:

Fred!Inigo or virion!Inigo (hair color badass)

Or libra!Inigo

Or Fred!Yarne

Or virion!Yarne

Or kellam!Yarne

Leaning more towards virion!Inigo (for hair color)

Thanks all :)

Kellam's modifiers are very poor for Apotheosis (emphasizing Defense over everything else), and his class options aren't very good either, so you'll rarely (if ever) see people recommending him as a dad. And Libra!Inigo is unwise, if you're going for a physically-inclined FeMU. It doesn't end up making a large impact, but it leaves Morgan's modifiers uncomfortably flat.

This leaves us Virion!Inigo vs. Fred!Inigo. Virion!Inigo has lower Str, but higher Spd, at the cost of some "useless" points in Mag. Interestingly, both fathers will get you the same Skl bonus (+8). Since class inheritance is no concern, if you're going for a physically-oriented FeMU, Fred!Inigo is probably your best choice. Also, Virion!Yarne has been recommended to me in the past. I have Fred!Inigo in my current file and he's definitely solid.

So, of the list, Chrom x Sumia, LQ x Cord, Ricken x Lissa, and Gregor x Miriel are ones I would say "keep these." Fred!Inigo and Virion!Yarne are also pretty good choices. The others could improve with careful shifting around, though you'll want to be careful about certain things (e.g. Gaius and Donnel should always marry one of Tharja, Sully, and Nowi; ideally, Gerome's dad should be Vaike or Henry if they're available).

Edited by amiabletemplar

Welcome to the forums, and to the series!

-snip-

Thanks a lot for the detailed analysis.

The main reason for the pairings is well, how they look good together. I realized about Stahl and Sully being redundant a bit too late lol but I don't really regret the choice.

As for shifting, I'll probably do that in the next playthrough but I'm thinking of Cynthia's possible "good" fathers other than Chrom (sorry bout the e it's autocorrect-I'm using phone) and Henry (just happen to read about it). I'd like to try Henry x lissa but that leaves Sumia with Chrom again, and it's just personal but I don't really want to repeat the same pairings.

So considering your advise and some other stuff I read, here's the new set (for the next playthrough) :

FeMU x Chrom!Inigo (FeMU stays physical but asset would probably be spd)

Chrom x Olivia

Stahl x cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x tharja

Gregor x cherche (who else would be a good dad for gerome)

Henry x ?? Sumia or lissa (if Sumia, lissa ends up with Ricken or libra; if lissa, Sumia ends up with ??)

Ricken x ??

Vaike x nowi

Lonqu x miriel*

Virion x maribelle *

Spares most prolly Fred x Panne

*is interchangeable?

Thanks again, appreciate all the feedback :)

Here is the list of pairings for my MaMu run that isn't for Apo (although if I can get the team to pull off apo that would be nice, but not needed):

~Chrom x Maribelle
~Lissa x Ricken
~Frederick x Panne
~Sully x Donnel
~Miriel x Virion
~Sumia x Henry
~Cordelia x Libra
~Nowi x Gregor
~Tharja x Gaius
~Olivia x Stahl
~Cherche x Vaike
~MaMu x Lucina

Thanks a lot for the detailed analysis.

The main reason for the pairings is well, how they look good together. I realized about Stahl and Sully being redundant a bit too late lol but I don't really regret the choice.

As for shifting, I'll probably do that in the next playthrough but I'm thinking of Cynthia's possible "good" fathers other than Chrom (sorry bout the e it's autocorrect-I'm using phone) and Henry (just happen to read about it). I'd like to try Henry x lissa but that leaves Sumia with Chrom again, and it's just personal but I don't really want to repeat the same pairings.

So considering your advise and some other stuff I read, here's the new set (for the next playthrough) :

FeMU x Chrom!Inigo (FeMU stays physical but asset would probably be spd)

Chrom x Olivia

Stahl x cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x tharja

Gregor x cherche (who else would be a good dad for gerome)

Henry x ?? Sumia or lissa (if Sumia, lissa ends up with Ricken or libra; if lissa, Sumia ends up with ??)

Ricken x ??

Vaike x nowi

Lonqu x miriel*

Virion x maribelle *

Spares most prolly Fred x Panne

*is interchangeable?

Thanks again, appreciate all the feedback :)

I'm afraid I don't quite have the brainpower to do a proper analysis here, but more or less you end up with the following calculus:

1. Chrom MUST marry someone, because the Maiden is *the worst* parent, bar none, since she gives nothing at all. Sully is strongly discouraged because she is the only mom that won't give Galeforce access, and missing it is criminally wasted potential. However, Chrom only has four possible wives (ignoring the Avatar): Sully, Maribelle, Sumia, Olivia. Since Sully's out, most people choose either Sumia or Olivia.

2. Sumia needs to be your next choice, because she also has an unusually limited pool of options. Her only valid husbands (excluding the Avatar) are Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, and Henry. Gaius is strongly discouraged because he can give Nah/Kjelle/Noire GF, and you've already decided Chrom will marry someone else. Thus, your only choices are Frederick and Henry; Fred!Cynthia is kind of meh, since the only real gain is the Wyvern Rider line, whereas Henry!Cynthia has decent overall mods and the best Mag mod (+2) that Cynthia can get.

3. Get your two "optional" Galegirls: any one of Gaius, and Donnel, x Tharja/Nowi/Sully. Typical choice is Gaius x Tharja and Donnel x Sully, because Donnel!Kjelle loses little from getting Donnel's crappy stat mods, but gains a wealth of class options (Donnel!Kjelle is the only child, AFAIK, that gets 7 class-lines, though Knight/Cavalier naturally has some overlap).

4. Pick everyone else.

You don't want to lose out on any of the children, and Cynthia is a pretty good unit, so Sumia's small pool of options leaves you with *very* few choices if you don't marry her to Chrom or the Avatar. However, if you're okay with Fred!Cynthia, that frees up Henry to be a dad for a son that wouldn't normally get Berserker (e.g. Gerome).

I'm afraid I don't quite have the brainpower to do a proper analysis here, but more or less you end up with the following calculus:

1. Chrom MUST marry someone, because the Maiden is *the worst* parent, bar none, since she gives nothing at all. Sully is strongly discouraged because she is the only mom that won't give Galeforce access, and missing it is criminally wasted potential. However, Chrom only has four possible wives (ignoring the Avatar): Sully, Maribelle, Sumia, Olivia. Since Sully's out, most people choose either Sumia or Olivia.

2. Sumia needs to be your next choice, because she also has an unusually limited pool of options. Her only valid husbands (excluding the Avatar) are Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, and Henry. Gaius is strongly discouraged because he can give Nah/Kjelle/Noire GF, and you've already decided Chrom will marry someone else. Thus, your only choices are Frederick and Henry; Fred!Cynthia is kind of meh, since the only real gain is the Wyvern Rider line, whereas Henry!Cynthia has decent overall mods and the best Mag mod (+2) that Cynthia can get.

3. Get your two "optional" Galegirls: any one of Gaius, and Donnel, x Tharja/Nowi/Sully. Typical choice is Gaius x Tharja and Donnel x Sully, because Donnel!Kjelle loses little from getting Donnel's crappy stat mods, but gains a wealth of class options (Donnel!Kjelle is the only child, AFAIK, that gets 7 class-lines, though Knight/Cavalier naturally has some overlap).

4. Pick everyone else.

You don't want to lose out on any of the children, and Cynthia is a pretty good unit, so Sumia's small pool of options leaves you with *very* few choices if you don't marry her to Chrom or the Avatar. However, if you're okay with Fred!Cynthia, that frees up Henry to be a dad for a son that wouldn't normally get Berserker (e.g. Gerome).

1. Chrom x Maiden gets more tempting the more people describe how bad it is. But maybe in the future lol

2. Fred / Henry are my only choices then. I imagine Libra!Owain wouldn't be so bad if Henry gets taken by Sumia. I guess Henry!Cynthia's hair is better than Fred!Cynthia's. But Henry!Owain wouldn't be bad, right, just that Cynthia's gonna be left out if Chrom/Henry isn't the dad.

3. I will go DonxSul and GaiusxTharja for the GFG (galeforce girls).

4. Aight, ty so much. :)

1. Chrom x Maiden gets more tempting the more people describe how bad it is. But maybe in the future lol

2. Fred / Henry are my only choices then. I imagine Libra!Owain wouldn't be so bad if Henry gets taken by Sumia. I guess Henry!Cynthia's hair is better than Fred!Cynthia's. But Henry!Owain wouldn't be bad, right, just that Cynthia's gonna be left out if Chrom/Henry isn't the dad.

3. I will go DonxSul and GaiusxTharja for the GFG (galeforce girls).

4. Aight, ty so much. :)

Well, the real issue with the Maiden is simply wasted opportunity, on both narrative and mechanical levels. You certainly can do it...but you'll never see any support convos (AFAIK), and her lines will be covered by Chrom and the Avatar in the Chapter 13 post-battle cutscene. (That is, Chrom covers most of the lines normally spoken by Lucina's mother, and the Avatar is the one to look into Lucina's eyes to see the brand.) Further, Lucina's mods will be just Chrom's +1, and she'll have the same class-list as her father, making her strictly worse than even Gregor!Inigo (who gets no new classes at all, but at least gets Gregor's modifiers).

So, I mean, you totally CAN do it. But if you do, you'll have a bit of a rough go with Apo. It's probably still possible, but Lucina will drop from "top tier" to "not very good," which cuts into your margin of error. And as I said before, it's possible to beat the game, even on the highest difficulty setting, with *any* group. Downgrading a single good unit won't change that.

And yeah, Sumia's pretty much limited to Chrom, Fred, and Henry. Chrom is her best husband mostly for providing Aether to Cynthia (though getting Archer is really nice too). If Chrom is out, it's a toss-up between the remaining two. Once you marry off Chrom, Sumia, and Donnel/Gaius to "potential" galegirl moms, you really do have close to free rein over the remainder. Some choices are better than others, e.g. LQ!Severa is a good one while Gregor!Inigo is...not so good, but honestly it's hard to screw things up enough to really hurt things at that point.

More or less, if you completely ruthlessly optimize every character (there are many equally valid ways of doing so), with all DLC in play, the ideal strategies, and heavy number-crunching, you can easily win Apotheosis. However, each step away from these things--excluding DLC skills, using sub-optimal class choices, choosing sub-optimal or even "bad" pairings (e.g. Maiden!Lucina, Kellam!Morgan), not using forged Brave weapons whenever possible, etc.--cuts into that margin of error. Doing one or two less-optimized choices will make almost no noticeable impact; doing even one or two "bad" choices probably won't stop you. It's more of a spectrum than a binary state. Sort of like...imagine putting coins on a two-dish scale. As long as you put most of your coins on one side (say the left side), the scale will favor that side. If you put *all* the pennies on that side, well it will dramatically favor that side. You can shift a few pennies or dimes and it won't make much difference--those are small coins. If you have a whole handful of coins, you can probably shift several quarters or a dollar coin to the other side, and the scale will still favor the left side. But if you shift enough things, whether many small ones or one too many big ones, the balance tips.

Maiden!Lucina is a big coin shifted to the right. Not getting Cynthia because Sumia has no one to marry is another big coin shifted to the right. Whether you have Gregor!Laurent (the typically-recommended choice) or someone else, like Ricken!Laurent? That's a small coin.

Here is the list of pairings for my MaMu run that isn't for Apo (although if I can get the team to pull off apo that would be nice, but not needed):

~Chrom x Maribelle
~Lissa x Ricken
~Frederick x Panne
~Sully x Donnel
~Miriel x Virion
~Sumia x Henry
~Cordelia x Libra
~Nowi x Gregor
~Tharja x Gaius
~Olivia x Stahl
~Cherche x Vaike
~MaMu x Lucina

Anyone?

Anyone?

Sorry, I've been pretty out of it lately and had D&D yesterday--that always eats up my whole evening. :)

As for what you've got...

~Chrom x Maribelle -- An acceptable pair. Definitely means that, for Lucina, DF or Sage is your best bet, as Maribell gives the highest Mag modifier Lucina can get (though Bride presents an intriguing possibility...). Chrom!Brady picks up the Archer line, but I'm not sure if that's a better pick than sticking to his usual choices.
~Lissa x Ricken -- Quite good. Plays up Owain's natural Mag inclination into a true focus, and gives both Luna and the Archer line, two solid benefits.
~Frederick x Panne -- Eh, acceptable I guess. Mods aren't great, but aren't strictly bad either--tied for second-best on Str and Skl, though the Def points are "wasted." Classes have a lot of overlap, but give Luna which is always good, and the Wyvern Rider line, "fixing" his maternal inheritance.
~Sully x Donnel -- Recommended, so no major comments there.
~Miriel x Virion -- Acceptable, I think? Sort of an odd choice, though. Modifiers are fair, but classes don't provide you much other than Archer...and Laurent is probably better as something else (typically Sage or Berserker).
~Sumia x Henry -- Standard pick for Sumia if she doesn't marry Chrom, so generally expected. Henry!Cynthia will probably end up a DF or Sage.
~Cordelia x Libra -- Eh, not so great. Libra!Severa has no focus--she's got just a bit of everything, which is undesirable.
~Nowi x Gregor -- Not so great. Gregor is a great dad for the right kids, but Nah will struggle to make use of the potential he provides since she lacks GF.
~Tharja x Gaius -- Recommended, so no major comments here.
~Olivia x Stahl -- Pretty good. Decent mods, gives both Luna and the Archer line. Definitely a physically-oriented Inigo.
~Cherche x Vaike -- Acceptable. Gets Gerome Berserker, which is the main thing he needs as a non-Galeboy.
~MaMu x Lucina -- Standard pick. Given Maribell!Lucina, I hope you're going either +Mag or +Skl, to capitalize on the mods provided by Maribell.
Overall? It looks alright, though I'm very very far from an expert. I think I'd recommend switching Libra and Gregor--Severa can really make use of the potential Gregor provides, especially Axefaire. More or less, Libra's a low-tier parent, and Nah's a low-tier child, so you'll probably be better off in the long run sticking them together and saving the "good" parents for other things.
From what I'm seeing, with the changes I recommended, of your girls, you end up with Severa, Kjelle, and Noire as physical units, and Cynthia, Morgan, and Nah as mag units. Of your boys, you'll have Gerome, Yarne, and Inigo as physical units, and Brady, Owain, and Laurent as Mag units. Your MaMu will either be a versatile unit (if +Skl) or a mag unit (if +Mag, natch); with all child units plus MaMU and Chrom/Maribelle, you're looking slightly Mag-heavy but not badly so. From there, it's really just a matter of looking at who's going to be lead units (generally someone with GF), deciding what class you like for them, and then picking someone who has a good support match for that class. For example, Gregor!Severa can get Axefaire, making a great Hero. She'll want someone with a strong physical support class, so Vaike!Gerome or Virion!Yarne would be good choices. Or consider Gaius!Noire: she will probably do best as a Sniper, so a Bow Knight support is right up her alley, meaning Stahl!Inigo is worth thinking about, though Virion!Laurent is also an option.
If you're really set on Nowi x Gregor, you can more or less switch Severa and Nah's places in the first sentence of the previous paragraph. You won't have her leading, though; lacking GF means she should be supporting, most likely as a Wyvern Lord, though Bow Knight and Assassin are valid alternatives.
Edit: Better yet, listen to HR, and ignore me wherever we disagree. :P:
Edited by amiabletemplar

Anyone?

So...

As a whole, your pairings are decent. Most of your kids should be useful. Apo will be doable, especially in No Holds Barred where you can crush even the Secret Path easily.

In details...

Lucina : Maribelle is unusual, but you should get by. She gets to play with a decent magic stat and good classes. For Apo, make her husband GM in the backline (LB/Agg/Tomefaire/AS+2/Filler). For non-Apo, Lucina should be supporting Nosfertank MU (since he seems to be magic)

Brady : He's Brady-got everything he needs for Apo. What Chrom brings to him is RFK-it can fun to use (100% Aegis/Miracle, by example.) but is generally impractical. Stick Brady to what he does best-skirmishing.

Owain : Typical, and good. Make him a Sage for Apo, and GF+Agg skirmisher outside of it.

Yarne : He's got decent mods, but no Hit booster for hard support Zerker-General will have to suffice in Apo. For non-Apo, you could try a tanking set with PavGis, or a support for a GF skirmisher.

Kjelle : For non-Apo, she is decently quick, and get Sol+AT+Vantage to almost guarantee victory in mass EP melees, and GF gives her decent mobility. For Apo, she has good options for skirmishing, since Apo is nothing but PP combat.

Laurent : Unusual, but it'll work. For Apo, Laurent has eveything he needs in his base set. Since Virion do not hurt his magic, he'll be good. For non-Apo, have him supporting.

Cynthia : She'll be alright for Apo and outside of it. For Apo, you have Valk and DF for magical offense. Also, she can inherit Axefaire from her dad-if War Cleric is your thing... For non-Apo, just have her Nosfertank everything.

Severa : Non-Apo : Nosfertanking. Need I say more ? For Apo, you'll have to slip by with Vengeance DF or Sage-she gets Tomefaire to play with from her dad. She's unusual, but she'll work.

Nah : For non-Apo, no issue whatsoever, as AT Manakete owns. For Apo, it's less good... The problem is that she only gets Astra, and it's kind of unreliable... You could attempt a specialized build maximising Str+Skl, or don't use her in Apo. Moreover, you may have to end up to marrying her to Inigo, which is a problem (the support line is atrociously bad).

Noire : Awesome. For non-Apo, you can Nosfertank or skirmish. For Apo, you get Sniper, Bride, BK, Levin Sword DK, possibly Assassin... You'll have to find your favorite option-each have perks and flaws. My personal recommandation would be Sniper (always good to have one).

Inigo : Very similar to Chrom!Inigo. Note that you may have to marry him to Nah. For non-Apo, your best option is most likely Hero with AT/Sol and Tomahawks, to send into melee similarly to Kjelle. For Apo, you can make him a Sniper, a Hero, a Paladin... check Spd thresholds (75 for everything, 69 for almost everything) to adapt his eventual wife's class (no matter who it is) so he can reach them.

Gerome : He does get Axefaire, but no Hit booster... For non-Apo, you can make him a flying Sol tank as a WL. For Apo, choose a non-Zerk axe class in the backline, such as Warrior.

Morgan : Valk or DF in Apo, Nosfertank out of it. Marry her to a magic boy.

If you are willing to switch... Switch Stahl and Fred, and Vaike and Gregor. This will give Nah Luna (much better in reliability) while keeping AT+Sol, and Gerome will keep Axefaire. Yarne gains Hit+20 for Zerker, and Inigo loses next to nothing from the switch.

*snip*

If you are willing to switch... Switch Stahl and Fred, and Vaike and Gregor. This will give Nah Luna (much better in reliability) while keeping AT+Sol, and Gerome will keep Axefaire. Yarne gains Hit+20 for Zerker, and Inigo loses next to nothing from the switch.

I wasn't planning on giving Nah galeforce. For what it's worth Gregor is the easier father to get for Nah but Vaike seems better choice. That said I am thinking of these as alternatives:

Miriel x Gregor (the suggested pairing for Laurent)

Virion x Panne for a speedy bunny

Nowi x Vaike

Cherche x Stahl

I wasn't planning on giving Nah galeforce. For what it's worth Gregor is the easier father to get for Nah but Vaike seems better choice. That said I am thinking of these as alternatives:

Miriel x Gregor (the suggested pairing for Laurent)

Virion x Panne for a speedy bunny

Nowi x Vaike

Cherche x Stahl

Not giving Nah GF is standars practice-none of the GF dads (except for MU, but he's a special case) give a reliable proc, and she'd need both to be useful. So without GF, a reliable proc is the better choice, as she'll still pack a decent punch. Nah will need to inherit her dad's Axefaire.

If you do these switches (which I recommend)

For Non-Apo :

Laurent can Nosfertank with AT, which is godly in non-Apo.

Yarne gotta have to support somebody, I think. Make him a Zerk and slap him on a physical girl with GF.

Nah is a Manakete with AT and Sol. She tanks everything.

Gerome could attempt tanking with Sol, or support using his Swordfaire or Bowfaire.

For Apo :

Laurent support a as Sage.

Yarne support as a Zerker using his dad's Hit+20.

Nah... needs a husband with GF, so Owain, Inigo or Brady. You have her husband take a kill, than you switch on her to use Agg to its maximum capacity. Her best class is most likely Hero.

Gerome is a Warrior with Bowfaire for maximum damage output. Depending on your choices, perhaps you could change classes to accomodate special needs (Spd) for his wife, but I do think Warrior is best here. Marry him to a physical Galegirl.

Hello all..again XD Back again with another inquiry regarding pairs.

In truth, I'm sort of stuck as to whom to marry Panne, Cherche and Miriel off to. .-.

Remaining are Frederick, Lon'qu, and Gregor.

(New playthrough, by the way..)

uhhh...Gregor!Nah can't get Galeforce anyways...

Does Gregor not pass down the Pegasus Knight tree? I'm fairly certain he does.

In truth, I'm sort of stuck as to whom to marry Panne, Cherche and Miriel off to. .-.

From the given list...Miriel x Gregor, Fred x Cherche, Panne x Lon'qu. Gregor!Laurent is a great unit, from what I've been told. It's really a tossup on the remaining two, though. I would normally recommend Fred!Yarne, but Lon'qu!Gerome's modifiers are *painfully* flat. Fred!Gerome doubles down on Gerome's natural focus, and LQ!Yarne gets truly impressive Spd (+6) and Skl (+7). The class inheritances aren't great, but one must work the bread one has. So, just to be clear (since it might get lost in that paragraph):

Miriel x Gregor

Fred x Cherche

Panne x Lon'qu

Does Gregor not pass down the Pegasus Knight tree? I'm fairly certain he does.

Nope. The only fathers who can pass down PK are Donnel and Gaius. Now, admittedly, I've never TESTED this, personally, but it's been repeated so many times here in this thread, and is corroborated by every website I've seen. I'd be real damn surprised if this somehow slipped through the notice of so many people. Edit: To be more specific, Gregor passes down the Troubadour line, not the Pegasus Knight line.

Edited by amiabletemplar

Alright... no matter your choices, somebody will get the short end of the stick.

No matter what, Fred should go with Panne (Fred!Gerome is bad because no Faire, and he'd kill Laurent's Magic)

As for the other two, it's a throw-up...

Basically, Greg!Laurent > LQ!Laurent, but Greg!Gerome > LQ!Gerome.

Really, you'll have to pick.

I did a bit of shuffling of my pairings and here's what I have so far for my planned non apo MaMu run:

~Chrom x Maribelle
~Lissa x Ricken
~Frederick x Panne
~Sully x Donnel
~Miriel x Gregor
~Sumia x Henry
~Cordelia x Libra
~Nowi x Vaike
~Tharja x Gaius
~Olivia x Virion
~Cherche x Stahl
~MaMu x Lucina
I'm pretty sure that I'm missing someone as a switch (but letting Inigo get bowfaire is too good to pass up). I'm hoping that this set up will lead to some fun. If not, well I tried to get them to work out.

I did a bit of shuffling of my pairings and here's what I have so far for my planned non apo MaMu run:

~Chrom x Maribelle
~Lissa x Ricken
~Frederick x Panne
~Sully x Donnel
~Miriel x Gregor
~Sumia x Henry
~Cordelia x Libra
~Nowi x Vaike
~Tharja x Gaius
~Olivia x Virion
~Cherche x Stahl
~MaMu x Lucina
I'm pretty sure that I'm missing someone as a switch (but letting Inigo get bowfaire is too good to pass up). I'm hoping that this set up will lead to some fun. If not, well I tried to get them to work out.

Looks decent to me. Since HadesRayne recommended Fred!Yarne of the limited set available to silvRboLt, it's probably the best you could do with Yarne given the other pairings you're committed to. Since you're not gunning for Apo, a lot of strategies are viable anyway, so you'll almost certainly be fine.

I use both Maribelle!Lucina (And I have My Unit married with Brady) and Fred!Yarne and they're both fine in my opinion (and two of the three pairings I'll never change, with CherchexHenry)... or at least for my experience. And, yes, I completed Apotheosis multiple times, without issues, with them.

Maribelle can benefit from a Dreadfighter Chrom (only boost in magic avaiable between his classes) and if used in apotheosis she's an awesome rescue-user and she's perfect to carry around staves in sage class. As Galeforcer she can also support with finishing certain units and then running away (and rescuing the units she helped).

Lucina is good. I use mages all around so for me it was love. She has all she needs to be a great dark flier, especially paired with a sage (I don't S-support children units so she was wit her nephew Morgan at A rank) and iI had her with Aether, Luna, Tomefaire, LB and Galeforce. I'm far from an optimizer but she cleared her fair share of units in apotheosis just fine.

Brady... can be good as sage. He really needs nothing from his father, Brady is just +that+ good.

Fred!YArne for me... is a support unit. I have him usually paired with Severa or Kjelle and he is a berserker who hits really hard from the sidelines. Pair him with a strong unit in the front and will offer nice dps bonuses. I have him with LB, Aggressor, Axefaire, all stats+2 and, for the rare times he is alone, Wrath. the skillset is limited, sadly, and he could benefit from a sniper line... still, like in Maribelle and Chrom's case, I really enjoy the parent-pairing and I learnt to like him as he is.

My only suggestion here?

~Cordelia x Libra

I think Severa preferes a physical dad, if you are avaiable for a switch of sort... Lon'Qu makes a great dad for Severa and she gets insane speed growth. With galeforce, all stats +2 (if you have the dlc) you already have 54 of speed, Swordmaster would grant her access to Astra and swordfaire and she'd probably be able to dps her way around with ease.

That being said, if you like the pairing of Cordelia and Libra, just roll with it ;)

Actually--yeah, *that's* what is missing. I'm not seeing Lon'qu married to anyone. That seems like kind of an oversight? He looks like he can be a good dad for both Yarne (if you're not getting Yarne the Archer tree for that fat Hit bonus) and, even moreso, Severa. LQ!Severa is a great unit.

But yeah if you're partial to Cordelia x Libra, roll with it, especially with non-Apo.

Actually--yeah, *that's* what is missing. I'm not seeing Lon'qu married to anyone. That seems like kind of an oversight? He looks like he can be a good dad for both Yarne (if you're not getting Yarne the Archer tree for that fat Hit bonus) and, even moreso, Severa. LQ!Severa is a great unit.

But yeah if you're partial to Cordelia x Libra, roll with it, especially with non-Apo.

I'm actually trying Libra!Severa. Something about a tomefaire dark flier so she can keep up with Cynthia...

Then roll with it ;) Severa is a good unit in any case, You may want to pass her down galeforce directly from her mother and tomefaire from her father because her start will be a bit slow (I have one save file with it, even if it's just one of my 'to collect logs' one so it's not going to run in apo or anything) and you'll want to train her a bit. And keep in mind her mag growth will still be... a bit lower than her strenght since she gets

+4 Skill.

+3 Speed.
+2 Strength.
+1 Magic, Defense and Resistance.
-1 Luck

Lifetaker and Sol can make her pretty resistant if you want to throw her in the front line with Cyn. A better mage!Severa would be Ricken!Severa and on the other hand Owain would be a Top Tier character with Libra as father (Probably the best one, as far as I know) If you'll ever considered to switch. That being said, if you're going in because you like the couple (they *are* lovely, I admit it :P) just ignore everything I've said and enjoy your game like I do with my non-optimized pairs :P