You're talking about Priam and such from the extra maps, right? They're okay, they generally specialize in something more than any of the first generation parents do (such as Walhart's +4 strength and Defense) but they come extremely late and you'd still bench a child unit. If you really want one of these units they'd be better than a first gen unit if you only care about post-game stuff, but won't be as good as a child. You can play around with http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/maximum-stats/complete/ and see if the Post Game units get you stats for Morgan that you want that none of the children can provide.

If you really want to marry Priam or any of the others though, just do it and you'll be able to work with the consequences later.

Bane, you got it. I was talking about Priams, Aversas etc. Actually my girlfriend gained an extra Manakete by marrying MU and Tiki, and she always tells me to do that. But another cool option is to have a Ignis-Shadowgift'd Morgan for post-game. I love that combo.

Edited by Mr.Vercetti

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also get an extra manakete marrying Nowi or Nah.

I've done some theorycrafting for Aversa!Morgan for no dlc/no rally, but ended up opting for a non-Shadowgift alternative. Any other parent from the spotpass maps really don't provide anything that beats out any other generic parent.

for femu, i personally find marrying 2nd gen to be aesthetically off-putting, and marrying first gen usually makes spotpass preferable because the non-spotpass first gen fathers are either high in demand or not good.

for male though, marrying non-spotpass means two Morgans which is a no-brainer for me.

Hopefully thia looks good.

ChromxSumia

SullyxKellam

HenryxMiriel

+str/-luck!RobinxCordelia

VaikexCherche

VirionxTharja

GregorxOlivia

DonnelxNowi

MaribellexGaius

Lon'quxLissa

StahlxPanne

Any critics? I went for those who complimented each other nicely

Miriel and Henry make a magic monster out of Laurent

Vaike and Cherche give Batman extreme high strength.

Robin and Cordelia gives Severa and Morgan Galeforce and Severa can learn Sol on her own. And Morgan is nicely balanced with high spd,res,str and magic.

Chrom x Sumia - good

Sully x Kellam - Kellam is pretty much bad on anyone except Laurent and maybe Inigo. Kjelle wants either Gaius or Donnel for galeforce.

Henry x Miriel - good, though lot of class overlap for a father who is valuable elsewhere

Robin x Cordelia - good

Vaike x Cherche - decent

Virion x Tharja - too much class overlap, though Sage on Noire may be nice.

Gregor x Olivia - Inigo wants Luna or Vengeance, and doesn't get either here.

Donnel x Nowi - Galeforce in Nah is nice, but that's about all you get here. No proc and really bad speed.

Maribelle x Gaius - good, though maybe Gaius is really wanted on either Kjelle or Noire.

Lon'qu x Lissa - Owain doesn't really gain anything here except maybe speed.

Stahl x Panne - good

Robin and Cordelia gives Severa and Morgan Galeforce and Severa can learn Sol on her own. And Morgan is nicely balanced with high spd,res,str and magic.

If you every want to do Apotheosis I'd suggest a +spd/-def for Cordelia for the shenanigans you can run with a +7 spd modifier (75 Speed Wyvern Lord is really easy to hit and stomps most mooks flat before you start looking at skills.) but whatever you do Cordelia is a good choice.

Henry only drops 2 Strength from Vaike and still has Berserker and Axefaire, but he also gets Dark Mage to fix his own accuracy in Berserker and the accuracy of his partner. The simple choices for Gerome get him Barbarian but Henry is the only one to give him easy accuracy fixes.

I prefer fathers like Lon'qu and Gregor for Laurent. The magic mod drops, but with Gregor he picks up mercenary and myrmidon and if he gets passed Armsthrift he can trivialize the game from the moment you go fetch him. You could also pass him Vantage and he can grow up and grab Vengeance and even though it won't be 100% reliable it's a neasy V/V setup that will break this game in half anyway. He can also make a physical support with natural Berserker and Dark Mage (just like what I suggested for Henry) and Gregor gives enough muscle to make it feasible. I like Lon'qu only for stat mods if he's marrying +Mag/-def F!Robin, but otherwise I choose Gregor. I also noticed that you didn't use Ricken, he gives more magic than Henry so if you care about magic he's the best.

I don't want to go straight to the cookie cutter builds for the rest of your team, but if you want Gerome to beat things, Laurent to not run out of magic to cast while being tough, and Morgan and Severa to be ridiculously fast in the slowest classes feel free to give it a look. With RobinxCordelia, ChromxSumia, Morgan/Severa x Gerome/Laurent and Lucina/Cynthia floating around you can put together a decent Apotheosis team without really messing with the rest of your pairs so it you really like the rest of what you've got feel free to leave it as it is.

This advice is all based on you doing Apotheosis and if you don't care feel free to ignore it. You can do everything with the pairs you've got but some pairs make late-postgame stuff a little easier if you want to spent hours preparing for it.

Again, that's if you're doing Apotheosis and most of this advice will be couched in that so don't worry about changing things if you don't care.

Edited by Bane

What's the best set up for Gregor!Nah including class skills and classes? (Non apo please)

Honestly? With non apo you can do just about whatever you want. I at least try and get Armsthrift on her, but in general I'm a lover of that skill.

Hopefully thia looks good.

ChromxSumia

SullyxKellam

HenryxMiriel

+str/-luck!RobinxCordelia

VaikexCherche

VirionxTharja

GregorxOlivia

DonnelxNowi

MaribellexGaius

Lon'quxLissa

StahlxPanne

Alright... I'll be honest here, most of your pairs are rather poor, for Apo at least. Keep in mind one of the 2nd generation girls will have to be benched. I personally recommend Nah for benchwarming.

Let's begin by the good ones, shall we ?

Yarne will be just fine. Grab Hit +20, Zerker, and go to town.

Lucina & Cynthia are good as well. Sniper (at least one cuz Snipers rock Apo), DF (if nothing else), Paladin (with Lancefaire for Cynthia), and quite a few more.

Severa will be ok. +Spd would arguably be better, but comes a moment where you don't need that much speed (anything above 75 is basically wasted). Depend on class, thresholds, and DLCs. However, definitely go -Def, as -Lck hurt your offenses.

Morgan is pretty good no matter her mom, as long as there isn't extreme mod clash.

Now, for the others...

Kjelle wants GF. Give her Donnel. Kellam rarely ever find use, being essentially a watered-down, weaker, slower Ricken.

Laurent... if you want to Nosfertank in non-Apo business, use Gregor. For purely magic hard support, any dad that don't destroy his Mag can fit, really.

Gerome can use AF Warrior, true. Henry can also do that, and, even more, give him Anathema to actually make him viable as a Zerker. If you want Warrior, use Virion for Bows.

Never use Gregor on Inigo, ever. He gets almost nothing out of this deal. No new classes, just a few mods. Give him Vengeance (Henry for physical, Libra for magic) or Luna (Fred, or Ricken for magical Luna... but Owain and Brady already do that).

Owain wants Luna (Ricken) or Vengeance (Libra. Henry works, but he likely has better to do).

Brady wants Spd. But putting Gaius on a son (or Cynthia) is a waste of Pegasus Knight, don't do that. Give him L'Q, he's less in demand and he has more speed.

Nah will most likely be benched. If she isn't, you could put Vaike or Henry on her. Failing that, any leftover dad will do.

Noire ideally wants GF (from Gaius). She can work without it, but it's just much simpler to give her Gaius and be done with it.

Hey guys I'm letting you pick my pairings except for the following:

Chrom x Sumia

Robin x Lissa

Gaius x Tharja

Have fun. Also don't use Frederick. I don't plan on using him.

I would say you're in the wrong thread for this, but whatever.

Olivia/Stahl

Sully/Vaike

...and I can't think of anything else.

For my run that I plan to use in Apotheosis

FeMU x Chrom

Lissa x Ricken

Olivia x Frederick

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Sully x Donnel

Sumia x Henry

Cordelia x Stahl

Cherche x Vaike

Panne x Virion

Mirel x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Kellam

I'm mostly figuring out which husbands to swap around for Olivia, Cordelia, Cherche and Panne. Any help and criticism would be great.

oops yeah that would work, though libra might be interchangeable on both

For my run that I plan to use in Apotheosis

FeMU x Chrom

Lissa x Ricken

Olivia x Frederick

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Sully x Donnel

Sumia x Henry

Cordelia x Stahl

Cherche x Vaike

Panne x Virion

Mirel x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Kellam

I'm mostly figuring out which husbands to swap around for Olivia, Cordelia, Cherche and Panne. Any help and criticism would be great.

I would switch stahl and virion. severa gets really nice speed and some sweet class/faire sets. yarne is fine with either since he gets hit+20 but stahl will be a bit bulkier for hard support.

vaike!gerome is missing an accuracy fix, but given that henry, stahl, and virion are off the table that may be your best remaining option anyway.

nowi x kellam is bad, nearly anyone else would be better

Edited by Radiant head

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try out a hard playthrough and here are the pairings:

Sabrina x Chrom

Frederick x Olivia

Stahl x Panne

Donnel x Tharja

Libra x Lissa

Henry x Sumia

Vaike x Cherche

Kellam x Nowi

Gaius x Sully

Ricken x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel.

Virion is the only dad without a kid. Thoughts? Is it possible to switch Ricken and Gregor switch wives? Also not sure about Kellam.

Edited by MeddlingMage

yeah don't do kellam x nowi, she won't really get anything useful and will have poor mods. since virion is on the bench, the easiest fix here would be to do virion x nowi. or, you can do virion x cherche for a bowfaire warrior gerome, and then do vaike x nowi, for an axefaire hero/general nah.

donnel x tharja is also shaky because noire will have a basically cancelled out mods. but galeforce and armsthrift are good pass downs for double bow sniper, so with the right pair-up partner this can be passable i guess.

I decided to try out a hard playthrough and here are the pairings:

Sabrina x Chrom

Frederick x Olivia

Stahl x Panne

Donnel x Tharja

Libra x Lissa

Henry x Sumia

Vaike x Cherche

Kellam x Nowi

Gaius x Sully

Ricken x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel.

Virion is the only dad without a kid. Thoughts? Is it possible to switch Ricken and Gregor switch wives? Also not sure about Kellam.

Yeah, Kellam is not a good dad--anything else is usually better. Virion may not be an amazing dad for Nowi, but he's better than Kellam, especially since that means Nowi can at least support as a BK or perhaps Bride. Vaike x Cherche is usually the preferred choice when you won't have a bench character in the second gen, but since I assume "Sabrina" means your Avatar, you're going to have an extra boy, and Gerome is the prime candidate for benching. That would make Vaike!Gerome a significant waste. Consider instead (as Radiant head noted) Vaike x Nowi and Virion x Cherche.

It is certainly possible to swap Gregor and Ricken, but the question is whether it's worthwhile to do so. Gregor!Laurent is so frequently recommended because he gets a really great kit and literally zero "wasted" modifiers (with the possible exception of the +1 Str if you intend to go for just Mag stuff). The only things Laurent gains from Ricken instead are +3 Mag, Luna, and Archer/Sniper--but the latter two are not especially important for him because, without Galeforce, he's a support (especially if Miriel gives him DSup+).

Ricken!Laurent and Gregor!Brady won't be bad units. Gregor!Brady is a little scattered mod-wise, but becomes more versatile from Gregor's classes, since Berserker means he could go for a more physically-oriented build (he just won't be very good at it with +0 Str). Ricken!Laurent is a potent mage, but doesn't have much else to show for it (I've got Ricken!Laurent on my current file and he's fine, just pigeonholed.)

Donnel!Noire has weak mods in two key stats--Skl and Spd--and doesn't get anything worthwhile in the exchange. Valkyrie is an alright class, to be sure, but if that's what you really want, Falcon Knight is probably better and you get that from both Donnel and Gaius. Donnel's mods mean she'd be better supporting, but as a galegirl you want her in the front leading the attack, that's the whole point of having Donnel or Gaius as her father. By going Gaius!Kjelle and Donnel!Noire, you're robbing Noire of significant potential in order to get a modest increase with Kjelle. Kjelle can thrive even with Donnel's shitty mods; Noire will suffer under them. Note, though, that it's still perfectly possible to do this and have successful units, you'll just be taking a small hit overall by doing it this way. Every little bit helps, and little sacrifices can add up.

Edited by amiabletemplar

• 2 weeks later...

How are these pairings, guys:

Chrom x Sumia

MU x Tharja

Henry x Lissa

Stahl x Olivia

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x Nowi

Ricken x Maribelle

Vaike x Cherche

Frederick x Panne

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel

It leaves Virion, Kellam, and Libra single. I'm just not sure about Gaius. Usually I put Gaius with Tharja. But I wanted to try out the MU x Tharja pairing.

Edited by MeddlingMage

Yarne really prefers virion to fred.

Henry and owain wastes Henry's barbarian passdown, may want to consider libra x lissa and henry x cherche. though I'm getting deja vu here, so if you prefer those pairs aesthetically they will work fine.

MU x tharja is good for noire obviously. gaius x nowi doesn't work as well as it seems. no proc and some mod clash. donnel x sully is decent, but if gaius isn't on noire then he makes kjelle insanely good, so may want to consider that. nah might just take the bench because you have a female morgan anyway.

Yarne really prefers virion to fred.

Henry and owain wastes Henry's barbarian passdown, may want to consider libra x lissa and henry x cherche. though I'm getting deja vu here, so if you prefer those pairs aesthetically they will work fine.

MU x tharja is good for noire obviously. gaius x nowi doesn't work as well as it seems. no proc and some mod clash. donnel x sully is decent, but if gaius isn't on noire then he makes kjelle insanely good, so may want to consider that. nah might just take the bench because you have a female morgan anyway.

Who should Donnel go to:

So it would be this:

Chrom x Sumia

MU x Tharja

Libra x Lissa

Gaius x Sully (I kinda want to try this out)

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Virion x Panne

Henry x Cherche

Stahl x Olivia

Vaike x Nowi

Gregor x Miriel

Ricken x Maribelle

Leaves Donnel, Kellam, and Fred single.

yeah those look good. donnel is pretty much only good on kjelle, and fred is only good on inigo. kellam is good for no one.

gaius!kjelle is extremely good, on par with lon'qu!severa and sumia!lucina. usually is a speedy lancefaire wyvern lord, but can do other stuff as well.

yeah those look good. donnel is pretty much only good on kjelle, and fred is only good on inigo. kellam is good for no one.

gaius!kjelle is extremely good, on par with lon'qu!severa and sumia!lucina. usually is a speedy lancefaire wyvern lord, but can do other stuff as well.

Thanks. I got really bored having the Avatar marry Chrom, Lissa, or Lucina. So I'm trying something out and Tharja is my favorite magic user in the game. Plus I really do like Noire.