My new fave father for Several is Vaike actually. Screws her magic stat, but I really like her inheriting Axefaire while still getting access to Luna. Definitely prefer this pairing over Stahl, I've always preferred him with some one else like Panne or Cherche

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so I'm thinking that soon I'm gonna do another Awakening run. Is this good?

Spd/-Def M!Robin x Cherche

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Virion

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Olivia x Libra

Panne x Stahl

Comments on these pairings and ideas for end classes? I'm thinking the Cherche!Morgan ends up a Wyvern Lord?

On 2/6/2017 at 0:13 AM, Ebony said:

Alright so I'm thinking that soon I'm gonna do another Awakening run. Is this good?

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Virion

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Olivia x Libra

Panne x Stahl

Comments on these pairings and ideas for end classes? I'm thinking the Cherche!Morgan ends up a Wyvern Lord?

yeah morgan can do wyvern lord, unless you want her to hit 75 speed.

gerome can do anything.  hexathema berserker would be cool just as if henry was the dad, but depends on who you pair with and what speed thresholds you need, etc. 

owain - sage/sorcerer/dread fighter

lucina - great lord/sniper

cynthia - paladin/sniper

brady - sage

severa - sniper/wyvern lord/dark flier

noire - sniper/assassin

kjelle - paladin/wyvern lord/hero

nah - general/hero/wyvern lord

laurent - sorcerer/sage/nerdzerker/anything

inigo - dread fighter/hero/sage

yarne - berserker/assassin

3 hours ago, Sage of Ylisse said:

Am I a fool for shipping Stahl and Lissa?

it's good, gives owain luna and makes him a solid mixed attacker

On 06/02/2017 at 6:13 AM, Ebony said:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Virion

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Olivia x Libra

Panne x Stahl

Just fine. Everyone has what they need-at least for Apo (which is what this advice will be for)

Do note that you generally shouldn't use MaMU in Apo if his wife doesn't have Galeforce-which is the case here. Ah well, more staffbots never hurt.

Also, you'll have one girl too many if my calculations are correct, so you'll have to bench someone. Nah or Noire are most likely the least damaging choices, but it's up to you to choose.

Chrom and Sumia plays as Sniper x Sage.

Lucina has her legendary Sniper set with Zerk support. GL sports massive Spd and lance access (underwhelming in Apo, but hey, it's something).

Cynthia sports a good Sniper set. However, her access to a Faire makes other classes possible, such as Paladin (solid thanks to high Spd), Dark Flier (if married to a magic Galeboy), or Bride (high Spd, Bow access, +Mag bonus), among others.

Gerome is Hard Support Hit+20 Zerk, the typical.

Morgan's Wyvern Lord is a bit slow, but you could solve this problem with +Spd support. She'll do well in any physical class (other than GK) to make use of that tasty Str mod. Do note her Mag is neutral-this can help her Ignis. Have MaMU pass down Axefaire to enhance her class choice further.

Owain & Brady are Sages. You could try out Dread Fighter for Owain if you decide to marry him to a physical girl.

Severa can play around with Wyvern Lord and Dark Flier, along with some classes I probably forgot. Just don't use Sorc for Apo.

Noire got Sniper, BK w/Zerk support for 75 Spd and Levin Sword DK with hard Support Sage Laurent. Finally, you always have bench-warmer.

Kjelle can play around with Hero or Paladin, but she'll want +Spd support for the latter.

Nah is most likely Hero. She's too slow for anything else except Griffon Rider, which, well, is kind of a subpar class. I once saw someone play her as Sage, but it's honestly a massive waste of Vaike's Str. Or bench her.

Laurent is hard support Sage, or Zerk if you really need one. Nosfertanking Sorc for Non-Apo will makes pasta out of anything short of Lunatic+ (or Lunatic final boss). That's how I won my only Lunatic run, in fact (I prefer Apo optimization).

Libra!Inigo is most likely Vengeance Sage. If you need him physical, try Hero (or Warrior / Dread Fighter with + Spd support). Vengeance Zerk possible only if her wife has Anathema. Henry does physical sets a tiny bit better-swapping him and Libra is an option in that case. Owain would lose a bit of Skl and Str from the swap.

Yarne is Hit+20 Zerker, typical yet again. But so powerful...

Pairings tends to be more around class synergy and pair-up bonuses than any precise rules. Keep in mind Spd thresholds (66, 69, 75) and what you want (75 isn't really that critical if you have Snipers, and 69 is rather easy to reach).

On 07/02/2017 at 4:22 AM, Sage of Ylisse said:

Am I a fool for shipping Stahl and Lissa?

Stahl!Owain is most likely the best physical Owain you can get. Mods are a bit scattered and rather low, but nothing is negative and you can play with quite a few classes other than Sage :

-Hard support Zerk is an option (although why no Gale ?). Don't try Luna/Ignis + Zerk, low Skl makes it unreliable.

-Dread Fighter really amps the versatility up a notch, with 3 different weapons and capacity to attack efficiently thanks to Pavise / Aegis bypass and magic weapons.

-Warrior is a bit slow-nothing +Spd support can't fix, and is still quite strong.

-Paladin ? A bit slow and lacking in power in my opinion.

-Sniper, because more Snipers = better, especially in Apo.

An all-in-all rather solid choice, typical example of sacrificing some power for high versatility.

Edited by HadesRayne

Thoughts on these pairings:

Owain x Robin

Gregor x Lissa

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Ricken x Miriel

Libra x Maribelle

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Henry x Cherche

Virion x Panne

Stahl x Olivia

Gaius x Tharja

That leaves Kellam and Frederick single.  A friend at work is daring me to try out Gregor x Lissa, so that pairing won't be changed.   I'm also doing a no grinding run, so both Lissa and Maribelle won't be passing down Galeforce to Owain and Brady.  However Robin will be going into Pegasus Knight once she reaches level 10 at tactician.  So Morgan will be getting Galeforce.

Edited by MeddlingMage

28 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

yeah libra!yarne is pretty good since he can do hex/anathema berserker

Did not think of that...I usually make him into a Sorcerer with Vengeance, Counter, Tomefaire, Miracle, and like some other skill or Limit Breaker if I have it. I guess I'd have to try that out.

How inferior are Gauis!Kjelle and Donnel!Noire compared to Donnel!Kjelle and Gauis!Noire? I'm thinking about pairing Sully with Gauis and Donny with Tharja for my third file since I already did Gaius x Tharja and Donny x Sully on another one, and I don't want every pairing to be a repeat.

Also, would a +Mag/-Str be bad for Lucina? I want an OP Magic avatar, but I also wouldn't want to mess up Lucy's stats too much...

(and if it makes any difference for these questions, I'm not planning on doing Apotheosis.)

9 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

How inferior are Gauis!Kjelle and Donnel!Noire compared to Donnel!Kjelle and Gauis!Noire? I'm thinking about pairing Sully with Gauis and Donny with Tharja for my third file since I already did Gaius x Tharja and Donny x Sully on another one, and I don't want every pairing to be a repeat.

Also, would a +Mag/-Str be bad for Lucina? I want an OP Magic avatar, but I also wouldn't want to mess up Lucy's stats too much...

gaius!kjelle > gaius!noire > donnel kjelle > donnel!noire, so basically deciding on if you want an amazing kjelle and mediocre noire, or a decent kjelle and a good (though not amazing) noire. even the worst of these, donnel!noire, can do double bow armsthrift sniper, so it's not too bad, and the right pair-up partner can patch up her stats. 

that lucina would make a good dark flier, so you can def do mag only.  you can also do -def if you want str as an option 

Been getting into Awakening again, gonna marry Chrom to Sumia, then marry a magic-focused Avatar and Laurent to the resulting Lucina and Cynthia (doesn't matter which one they marry, just that they each marry one of them). Are there anyone here who could give me some builds to run for each possible pairing (Avatar x Lucina, Laurent x Cynthia, Laurent x Lucina, Avatar x Cynthia) and some possible magical Galeforce Boy options to marry the resulting Morgan to?

lucina and cynthia are mostly identical outside of dual strike+, so pair however you want.  both are probably optimal as dark fliers if you're doing maigc. 

laurent is good with anyone if he just wants to be a hard support sage for either of them, though gregor allows him to do really cool stuff like vantage vengeance, and armsthrift for forged aversa's nigh.  lon'qu/stahl is good for just the vantage part, and ricken/libra/etc is good for just boosting his magic support. 

as for morgan, virion or lon'qu brady can hit 75 speed sage if paired with morgan as a dark flier or grandmaster. 

15 hours ago, Radiant head said:

lucina and cynthia are mostly identical outside of dual strike+, so pair however you want.  both are probably optimal as dark fliers if you're doing maigc. 

laurent is good with anyone if he just wants to be a hard support sage for either of them, though gregor allows him to do really cool stuff like vantage vengeance, and armsthrift for forged aversa's nigh.  lon'qu/stahl is good for just the vantage part, and ricken/libra/etc is good for just boosting his magic support. 

as for morgan, virion or lon'qu brady can hit 75 speed sage if paired with morgan as a dark flier or grandmaster. 

5 minutes ago, Not_The_NSA said:

Lucina @ Great Lord

-Galeforce

-Luna

-Aether

-Dual Strike+

-Defender

Male Robin/Laurent @ Berserker

-Axefaire

-Hit Rate +20 for Robin or Dual Support+ for almost every Laurent      variant

-Hex

-Anathema

-Strength +2

Cynthia @ Dark Flier

-Galeforce

-Luna

-Aether

-Tomefaire

-Defender

Robin @ Grandmaster

-Tomefaire

-Hex

-Anathema

-Magic +2

-Dual Guard+

Apply broken DLC skills if you purchased them and cut the weaker skills for them like Aggressor over Strength +2/Magic +2 and Limit Breaker over Defender.

Thanks a lot to both of you. Now I have pairings for Robin, Lucina, Cynthia, Laurent, Morgan, and Brady down. I'll probably go with Gregor for Laurent (since I think that is the best Laurent and he kinda works in just about any kind of role I want him to if it's Gregor) and Virion for Brady (unless Virion works better for other characters, in which case Brady gets Lon'qu instead). Chrom is obviously gonna go with Sumia in order to facilitate Aether!Cynthia and give me more choices in terms of Aether!Morgan's mother.

I have the all the DLC so I guess I'll replace the bolded skills with Limit Breaker and Aggressor. I'm guessing that I shouldn't replace anything else? (Like putting Limit Breaker on any of the other skills for the males?)

I was thinking of going with a Valkyrie!Morgan, but Dark Flier and Grandmaster are the obvious better choices, I suppose.

I have been thinking of doing a HM run and since it is kind of new ground to me I was wondering if these pairs would work in game (they won't be used for apo but will be for the entire game until post game where I will work with everyone else)

Chrom x F!MU (with either +Mag/-Str or +Spd/-Lck I'm not entirely sure about which one to use)

Lissa x Libra (Trial pairing for a blonde magic Owain?)

Sumia x Henry

Miriel x Gregor

Sully x Donnel

Cordelia x Ricken

Virion x Maribelle

Chrom!Morgan x Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Owain x Ricken!Severa

Gregor!Laurent x Donnel!Kjelle (?)

Virion!Brady x MU!Lucina

On 2/15/2017 at 5:08 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

I have been thinking of doing a HM run and since it is kind of new ground to me I was wondering if these pairs would work in game (they won't be used for apo but will be for the entire game until post game where I will work with everyone else)

Chrom x F!MU (with either +Mag/-Str or +Spd/-Lck I'm not entirely sure about which one to use)

Lissa x Libra (Trial pairing for a blonde magic Owain?)

Sumia x Henry

Miriel x Gregor

Sully x Donnel

Cordelia x Ricken

Virion x Maribelle

Chrom!Morgan x Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Owain x Ricken!Severa

Gregor!Laurent x Donnel!Kjelle (?)

Virion!Brady x MU!Lucina

Anyone?

So I got some hypothetical first-gen/Robin pairings down:

1. Chrom x Sumia
  2. Robin x Cynthia (will be doing a run where I marry Lucina as well. Laurent goes to Cynthia in that run)
  3. Lissa x Henry
  4. Sully x Gaius
  5. Miriel x Gregor
  6. Maribelle x Lon'qu
  7. Panne x Virion
  8. Cordelia x Vaike
  9. Nowi x Frederick
  10. Tharja x Stahl
  11. Cherche x Ricken

How good/bad did I do, and would some of the bad kids still help me win Apotheosis with the right 2nd gen pairings? (Probably gonna bench three of the kids if that helps.)

yeah that's pr good.  

you may want to switch henry and ricken.  it's good as is, but henry wastes barbarian since owain a). has it, and b) doesn't use it. gerome's optimal build is hexathema berserker (or any axe wielding class).  libra x lissa is also pretty much identical to henry, but without wasting henry.  there might be a better pick for noire, but not sure. 

you could maybe do like: 

morgan (dark flier) x brady (sage)

kjelle (wyvern lord) x yarne/gerome (berserker)

severa (hero) x yarne/gerome (berserker)

owain (sage) x noire (sniper)

last one is a little shaky, though.