Hmm... If I give Gaius to Noire, then that leaves Virion, Lon'qu, or Kellam for Brady without reshuffling. I honestly have no idea which of them is better than the others. And I'm choosing pairings purely on gameplay. I was mostly choosing Tiki/Robin because I wanted a really good manakete with galeforce and Morgan fit that role, but I'm open to other options.

Edit: Okay, I went through and changed some things according to the advice I got.

Robin: +Str/-Def, Lifetaker, Renewal, Astra, Ignis, Limit Breaker. (Grandmaster)

Lucina: Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Astra, Aegis. (Great Lord)

Inigo: Astra, Rightful King, Galeforce, Sol, Luna.

Owain: Astra, Renewal, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Tomefaire (Sage maybe?)

Kjelle: Aegis, Pavise, Renewal, Galeforce, Astra. (General)

Cynthia: Galeforce, Renewal, Lifetaker, Luna, Vengeance.

Severa: Galeforce, Lifetaker, Luna, Sol, Pavise.

Gerome: Renewal, Astra, Luna, Sol, Lifetaker.

Yarne: Beastbane, Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Strength +2. (Taguel)

Laurent: Tomefaire, Magic +2, Lifetaker, Renewal, Luna.

Gaius!Noire: Galeforce, Astra, Lifetaker, Luna, Pavise.

Nah: Wyrmsbane, Renewal, Astra, Sol, Vantage, Lifetaker. (Manakete)

Thanks SO MUCH to the people who helped me today!

Edited by Leopard Gal

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Czar_Yoshi would be more qualified to give advice, but with any luck (that is, if I didn't mess up), what I said is what (s)he would have told you.

If the pair is mainly for Morgan's sake rather than Robin's, you might consider Nowi. She has the exact same class set as Tiki, and Nah gets her only father who gives both Galeforce and a proc--almost all the procs, actually!

When you do SR Apo, consider swapping out defensive and healing skills for skills that boost damage or consistency.

I'm planning on doing tons of grinding during the story and Apothesis.

So this is strictly a postgame team?

First off, LB is a skill and it needs to be equipped to do anything, so you're going to have to make room for it on all your units. You can automatically get rid of all your Counters and Lethalitys because they have no effect in Apo, but you'll still need to do some shuffling around. DS+ is also mandatory and is one of the best skills in the game.

You also need to pair up all your children. Having S supports on all your combatants is extremely important because it pushes your DS rate from around 85% to ~95%, which is a massive difference. Excluding Avatar and Morgan, there are 6 girls and 6 boys, so if you don't want to bench a girl to make room for Morgan (not always a bad thing), your Avatar will need to marry one of the 2nd gen units.

For your skills themselves, concentrate a lot less on self-healing/defensive skills and more on offensive skills. Most stuff in Apo will 2-3HKO you regardless of what your Def looks like, so offense is much more important than defense- you want more Luna/Faires/Aggressor (if you have it) and less Sol/Renewal/PavGis. It's also important to consider where offense is needed- supporting units can't use procs, so someone like Laurent (who has no Galeforce and will never want to be up front) won't see any effect from Luna, Renewal or Lifetaker. Also, never run Astra if you're not also using Luna. Just Luna will do more damage overall than just Astra.

For your Asset/Flaw, HP doesn't actualy lower your stats "more" than any other flaw- all flaws give -5 to your total stat pool, only most of them give -3 to one stat and -1 to another two. It's best to pick an asset that boosts multiple stats that you want and a flaw that lowers multiple stats you don't care about. There's a chart here: old.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

You want to avoid using both Luna and Sol at the same time. When you have both of them, the game first checks to see if Sol will activate, and it'll only check for Luna if Sol doesn't work. Because of this, it's impossible for Luna to have an activation rate above 25% (at exactly 50 Skl), and that's not acceptable for Apo. You also want to avoid using anything other than Brave weapons, so stay away from Manakete and especially Taguel.

So, assuming you lack all DLC except RaR3 and Apo, here are a few changes you could make to your skillsets (keeping the same classes except for Nah and Yarne):

Robin: +Str/-Def, Lifetaker, Renewal, Astra, Ignis, Limit Breaker. (Grandmaster) LB/Swordfaire/Str+2/Hex/Anathema

Lucina: Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Astra, Aegis. (Great Lord) LB/Aether/Luna/GF/DS+

Inigo: Astra, Rightful King, Galeforce, Sol, Luna. Paladin or Hero, LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Swordfaire

Owain: Astra, Renewal, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Tomefaire (Sage maybe?) LB/GF/Vengeance/Tomefaire/Anathema

Kjelle: Aegis, Pavise, Renewal, Galeforce, Astra. (General) LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Lancefaire

Cynthia: Galeforce, Renewal, Lifetaker, Luna, Vengeance. Dark Flier, LB/GF/TF/Anathema/Luna or Venegance

Severa: Galeforce, Lifetaker, Luna, Sol, Pavise. Hero, LB/GF/Axefaire/Luna/Anathema

Gerome: Renewal, Astra, Luna, Sol, Lifetaker. Warrior, LB/Bowfaire/Str+2/Hit+20/Prescience

Yarne: Beastbane, Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Strength +2. (Taguel) Berserker, LB/AF/Str+2/Outdoor Fighter/Tantivity

Laurent: Tomefaire, Magic +2, Lifetaker, Renewal, Luna. Sage, LB/TF/Mag+2/Hex/Anathema

Gaius!Noire: Galeforce, Astra, Lifetaker, Luna, Pavise. Sniper, LB/GF/Luna/Astra/BF

Nah: Wyrmsbane, Renewal, Astra, Sol, Vantage, Lifetaker. (Manakete) Hero, LB/SF/Str+2/Lancebreaker/Tantivity

Most of the +Hit skills are filler where other skills would go if you had them (All+2 and Aggressor in particular are important). These are also kind of generic sets since you don't currently have any 2nd gen pairings to build around.

I have a few questions, a couple about my Donnel!Noire @ General x Stahl!Inigo @ Assassin pair.

Is it better to focus on making a double Galepair strong while the girl is in the lead because she will be there more often, or while the boy is in the lead because he will have more difficulty getting kills? The latter is the approach I took here. In fact, Inigo might very well be a stronger lead than Noire.

I was going to have Noire use LB/GF/LF/Vengeance/AS+2. How much of an improvement would it be for her to have Luna/Astra instead of Vengeance/AS+2? If it's worth it, I could probably find a way to let Gaius be her dad.

How does this plan for skill inheritance look?

Ricken!Laurent and Vaike!Gerome: DSu+ (I probably won't ever use it, but it seems like the strongest option for either.)

Gregor!Yarne: Str+2 (Maybe Lancebreaker? He's going to be a SF Assassin, so he ends up with 77 Skill, and his wife FeMU @ Sniper can't double Anna. This one actually matters because whichever skill he inherits will be his filler in LB/Agg/SF/AS+2/?)

Donnel!Noire: Underdog (Probably won't use it, but everything else besides Aptitude is just not that great. Underdog looks to me like a weaker Hit+20 that's more annoying to use and also raises Avo.)

Gaius!Kjelle: Sol

Henry!Owain, Libra!Brady, Stahl!Inigo, and Yarne!Morgan: Speed +2

Speed +2 for the Galeboys was meant to be a joke, if it's hard to tell over the internet.

On no holds barred it doesn't really matter, on a challenge run you'd want to focus more on the Galeboy. Apo has a few really tanky units and a lot of mooks, though. It also slightly depends on the size of your team, with a full team it's probably better to focus on the Galeboys and on a smaller one the girls (because the whole point of small/large teams is consolidating/spreading power, so it fits with what the team is supposed to do).

Luna/Astra is pretty good, but if Gaius!Kjelle is doing something particularly useful with that extra Spd then it's probably not worth trying to get him back on Noire. Vengeance is just fine, it's just a different way of boosting damage than normal procs.

Alright, thanks. I will keep Donnel!Noire @ General and have fun with Vengeance then. Kjelle is using Gaius for 75 Speed and 100% DS with Morgan (Assassin x Sniper), though all she would have to do as Donnel!Kjelle is swap SF for AS+2. With Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire, the two are somewhat interchangeable.

I actually have Vengeance on every Apo pair besides Chrom x Sumia. Kind of interesting.

Edited by isetrh

Have a general pairing question, if you guys don't mind my asking.

I'm working on prepping and planning for my first Lunatic run and I've got my 1st Gen pairs all straightened out to figure out my kids, but I was trying to work on 2nd pairings at the same time as trying to tweak their skills and final classes... and I realized I had an extra kid. If you're marrying MU to a 1st Gen spouse (in my case, Chrom), what is the best way to handle the odd number of children? Obviously someone is going to end up without an S-support, but I'm not sure who I should resign to that fate (and also, therefore, the fate of very likely not being used as much). Perhaps that's dependant on what I do with the other pairings, too?

If it helps at all, my kids are: FeMU!Lucina, Chrom!Morgan, Rickon!Owain, Libra!Inigo, Lon'qu!Brady, Donnel!Kjelle, Henry!Cynthia, Stahl!Severa, Fred!Gerome, Kellam!Yarne, Gregor!Laurent, Gaius!Noire, and Vaike!Nah.

I'm well aware that the answer is going to be at least partially "well, it depends on what you plan on doing with each of them", but generalities would still help, since I was hoping to get pairs matched up before I finalized my skills/class paths to steer toward options that compliment the final pairs.

Hi Guys - Im relatively new to the community and I was already im midway of my first run when I realized the science behind pairing the characters.

I'm wondering if you could rate my new (will be doing a 2nd run) build? Also great if I could get insights on what skills to have and what would be the final class of the children (I've placed in curly braces{} beside those children with the best class (IMO) with regards to my given pairing. Please feel free correct me and help me create an optimal build on my characters

Brady!Virion {Sage}

Owain!Libra{Sorc}

Inigo/Lucina!Chrom

Noire!Gaius{Sniper} - I want to stay true to Noire's archer class (still open for change tho)

Kjelle!Donny

Gerome!Gregor

Severa!Stahl{Falcon Night}

Cynthia!Henry{Dark Flier}

Nah!Kellam

Morgan!Lucina

Yarne!LonQu

Hope you could help me out on this!

Have a general pairing question, if you guys don't mind my asking.

Well, either have Avatar marry someone else or don't use all the children. If you're going for the second, you'll either want to ditch Gerome, Yarne or Laurent (being non-Galeboys). Which one it is depends on several things, but I'd personally dump Gerome (unlike Yarne, he can't get both Hit+20 and Berserker, so unless you really need the DS+ boost or 1 more Str from Vaike!Gerome then Yarne's better). Fred!gerome is also pretty terrible due to having no Faires and no good support classes, so he won't be missed.

By the way, your team could be a lot stronger if you used Virion!Severa and Stahl!Yarne instead of Stahl!Severa and Kellam!Yarne. Just a suggestion.

Also, I'm assuming you're going for postgame with grinding here. For ingame, it's extremely difficult to take more than five pairs through Lunatic, and postgame optimizations often mesh poorly with ingame performance. If you mainly care about clearing Grima without any grinding, go check the The Lunatic Club thread and consider dropping a lot of pairs.

Hi Guys - Im relatively new to the community and I was already im midway of my first run when I realized the science behind pairing the characters.

I'm wondering if you could rate my new (will be doing a 2nd run) build? Also great if I could get insights on what skills to have and what would be the final class of the children (I've placed in curly braces{} beside those children with the best class (IMO) with regards to my given pairing. Please feel free correct me and help me create an optimal build on my characters

Brady!Virion {Sage} Good.

Owain!Libra{Sorc} Good.

Inigo/Lucina!Chrom Good.

Noire!Gaius{Sniper} - I want to stay true to Noire's archer class (still open for change tho) Good.

Kjelle!Donny Good.

Gerome!Gregor Not bad, but Gregor offers nothing over Vaike and has worse mods. Usually Gregor!Gerome is used when Vaike's busy with Nah or Severa.

Severa!Stahl{Falcon Night} I tend to dislike this pair, but it's still good.

Cynthia!Henry{Dark Flier} Good.

Nah!Kellam Good for everything but Apo, pretty lackluster there.

Morgan!Lucina Good.

Yarne!LonQu Good, but consider swapping for Virion!Yarne if you want a high Skl support. He's more versatile in other roles.

Hope you could help me out on this!

I can't do much for skill/class suggestions unless I know how the children are paired up. Otherwise you'll just get a super-generic cookie-cutter build.

Well, either have Avatar marry someone else or don't use all the children. If you're going for the second, you'll either want to ditch Gerome, Yarne or Laurent (being non-Galeboys). Which one it is depends on several things, but I'd personally dump Gerome (unlike Yarne, he can't get both Hit+20 and Berserker, so unless you really need the DS+ boost or 1 more Str from Vaike!Gerome then Yarne's better). Fred!gerome is also pretty terrible due to having no Faires and no good support classes, so he won't be missed.

By the way, your team could be a lot stronger if you used Virion!Severa and Stahl!Yarne instead of Stahl!Severa and Kellam!Yarne. Just a suggestion.

Also, I'm assuming you're going for postgame with grinding here. For ingame, it's extremely difficult to take more than five pairs through Lunatic, and postgame optimizations often mesh poorly with ingame performance. If you mainly care about clearing Grima without any grinding, go check the The Lunatic Club thread and consider dropping a lot of pairs.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is my first Luna runthrough, so I'm thinking it'll be something of a combination in-game and post-game team, and I don't really care about grinding one way or the other. I'm well aware that I'm very likely not going to be using all of the pairs, but I enjoy the planning, and I'd rather be overprepared and drop stuff in-run then end up with something half-assed. You do bring up good points about Gerome; I'd had the least planning done on him, and I can take a look at your other suggestions and see how they stack up.

I can't do much for skill/class suggestions unless I know how the children are paired up. Otherwise you'll just get a super-generic cookie-cutter build.

Thanks...might sound too much but given the said roster (and giving up greg for vaike as geromme's dad) what do you suppose is the best pairing for the children (to give way to a plausible class/skill build please) :) Im really new to these pairing and hadn't have the slightest insight in thus

I am wondering if my Gaius!Kjelle @ Assassin (LB/GF/SF/Luna/Astra) married to Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper (LB/GF/Agg/BF/Vengeance) would do better with AS+2 instead of SF. She would lose 3 Atk, but gain the ability to switch between Swords and Bows depending on the enemy. This is useful against Anna--Morgan can kill her with 100% reliability at full health with Longbow if Kjelle has AS+2 and Anna is aura'd. The other advantage is that she no longer needs Gaius's mods, so Noire can take Gaius.

Hey, I read something earlier in the thread a week or so ago that said that, exclusively in the front, Luna+Astra generally does more damage overall than Luna+Aggressor. So what about dropping the faire and going Luna+Astra+Aggressor on my Paladin Freddynigo? Surely if Astra slightly beats aggressor, surely Astra would beat out swordfaire too by a larger margin. Also, FYI, he's paired up with a Vaike!Severa I plan on making an axefaire hero with Galeforce, Luna and AS+2.

I imagine if this were the optimal choice then I would have seen it suggested somewhere, but if my thinking about dropping the faire for astra is wrong, I'd like to know why. Keep in mind also that I'm not using braves, so Aggressor and Faires do the same from the back as the front.

Thanks...might sound too much but given the said roster (and giving up greg for vaike as geromme's dad) what do you suppose is the best pairing for the children (to give way to a plausible class/skill build please) :) Im really new to these pairing and hadn't have the slightest insight in thus

Lucina x Avatar (because you said so)

Morgan x Inigo/Yarne/Owain/Brady

Kjelle x Inigo/Gerome/Yarne

Cynthia x Owain/Brady/Laurent

Severa x Inigo/Gerome/Yarne

Nah x Owain/Brady/Inigo

Noire x Owain/Brady/Inigo/Laurent/Gerome/Yarne

Pick from there.

I am wondering if my Gaius!Kjelle @ Assassin (LB/GF/SF/Luna/Astra) married to Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper (LB/GF/Agg/BF/Vengeance) would do better with AS+2 instead of SF. She would lose 3 Atk, but gain the ability to switch between Swords and Bows depending on the enemy. This is useful against Anna--Morgan can kill her with 100% reliability at full health with Longbow if Kjelle has AS+2 and Anna is aura'd. The other advantage is that she no longer needs Gaius's mods, so Noire can take Gaius.

When you consider that WTD against swords lowers Atk by 4, I'd say it's worth it. You probably can stomp everything else reliably anyway so it would just be a boost for Anna, but I'd check Thronie calcs one more time just to make sure the loss of Atk doesn't make a difference on whether or not you can kill him (both with the Throne and without). If it doesn't, I'd definitely go for All+2, if it does, SF might be slightly better.

Hey, I read something earlier in the thread a week or so ago that said that, exclusively in the front, Luna+Astra generally does more damage overall than Luna+Aggressor. So what about dropping the faire and going Luna+Astra+Aggressor on my Paladin Freddynigo? Surely if Astra slightly beats aggressor, surely Astra would beat out swordfaire too by a larger margin. Also, FYI, he's paired up with a Vaike!Severa I plan on making an axefaire hero with Galeforce, Luna and AS+2.

I imagine if this were the optimal choice then I would have seen it suggested somewhere, but if my thinking about dropping the faire for astra is wrong, I'd like to know why. Keep in mind also that I'm not using braves, so Aggressor and Faires do the same from the back as the front.

Agg in the front is doing +5 damage per attack. Let's say you've got 80 Skl (40% chance of Astra).

Astra effectively multiplies your damage by 2.5 when it procs. Since it has a 40% proc rate, it needs to boost your damage by 12.5 (5/.4) per proc to break even with Agg. To hit that, you'd have to be doing 10 damage before proccing (gotta round up here). So as long as you're doing at least 10 damage, Astra will have a higher average output than Agg.

There are three problems with this, though. First, you're not always leading. When you're in the back, Astra can't proc. I'll assume a best case scenario where you always end your turn with the Galeboy (so he gets to lead 66% of the battles). Astra now has an effective proc rate of 26.4%, so it now needs to boost your damage by ~19 per activation. You need a 14 damage baseline for that to work out in your favor.

Second is the issue of lost Luna procs. Your Luna proc rate will drop from 80% to 48%. I'm not sure what the average Luna boost on Def is, but let's say it's 12 (that's for 50 Def. Pretty common number). So Luna now goes from doing ~9.6 damage per turn to doing ~5.76 damage per turn, which is a 3.84 damage per turn loss. To pick that up, Astra will need an additional 14.5 damage boost. Round to 34. A boost of 34 requires a base damage of 24 before procs, which will be difficult to get in some places (PavGis+ don't affect this. Don't worry about them).

And finally, you run into the same problem that plagues RK setups: even if you break even in terms of averages, you're trading a higher guaranteed base in exchange for random damage spikes. That's not something you can easily weigh the cost of in numbers, but it's generally a bad thing (and in the event that I made a mistake somewhere in that math, this problem still exists and will plague you no matter how much extra Astra damage you pile on).

Now, the amount of damage you need to do to break even if you're talking about swapping it for a Faire is a little less (+24, 16 base required), which is a lot more easily attainable. Anyway, there's the math, the decision is up to you.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thanks! Killing Thronie with Kjelle in front is easy since Morgan does 15 damage per hit, eight guarranteed hits. Killing him with Morgan in front would definitely require Vengeance, but that shouldn't be necessary since Kjelle and other pairs can take care of him.

Either Donnel!Kjelle or Gaius!Noire works as a Sniper married to Morgan, so I can switch them if that would be better for Inigo. It doesn't seem like it would though--Noire would be a General while Kjelle would be a Wyvern Lord (Kjelle @ General would end up with 68 Speed), and the pair doesn't really need the extra movement since Inigo will get the Boots.

Lucina x Avatar (because you said so)

Morgan x Inigo/Yarne/Owain/Brady

Kjelle x Inigo/Gerome/Yarne

Cynthia x Owain/Brady/Laurent

Severa x Inigo/Gerome/Yarne

Nah x Owain/Brady/Inigo

Noire x Owain/Brady/Inigo/Laurent/Gerome/Yarne

Pick from there.

I ship the following ^_^

Lucina x Avatar
Morgan x Yarne
Kjelle x Inigo
Cynthia x Laurent
Severa x Gerome
Nah x Brady
Noire x Owain

You might be referring to my post, which said that Luna + Astra + Aggressor was stronger than Luna + Tomefaire + Aggressor. In other words, Astra is generally better than a faire for a lead. But your Inigo is in a double gale pair, which means he'll be supporting at least a third of the time, in which event Astra is useless.

I need help knowing who to marry who to get the best children out of them. My character is going to be +Hp/-lck if that help. Asset/Flaw can change if need be but want to be balanced. Yea new to the series so would love some help. Also this is for the all of story and DLC. I would also probably make my character Grandmaster unless a d of you think there is a better balance class.

Thanks,

Flip

I think I might have found a role that my Noire x Inigo pair can play that's different from any of my other pairs.

Gaius!Noire @ Sniper

LB/GF/BF/Luna/Astra

Libra!Inigo @ Sage

LB/GF/Agg/TF/Vengeance

When Noire is in front, the pair gets 3-range Celica's Gale damage. When Inigo is in front, Noire's dual strikes will be good enough since he won't be attacking bosses.

Noire's Atk: 41 +2 (mods) +5 (BF) +10 (LB) +10 (Rallies) +2 (tonic) +10 (Brave Bow) +2 (WRB) +5 (forge) =87, which is plenty against enemies with 55 or less Def.

Giving Libra to Inigo means I have to use Lon'qu!Brady, but that barely seems like a downgrade, just a different set of strengths.

I need help knowing who to marry who to get the best children out of them. My character is going to be +Hp/-lck if that help. Asset/Flaw can change if need be but want to be balanced. Yea new to the series so would love some help. Also this is for the all of story and DLC. I would also probably make my character Grandmaster unless a d of you think there is a better balance class.

Thanks,

Flip

Avatar x Lucina > Chrom!Cynthia < Noire/Kjelle < Sumia/Cordelia < Aversa < Nowi < Olivia/Lissa/Maribelle < Tharja/Sully < Everyone else

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Donnel/Gaius

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Lon'qu/Gregor

Cordelia x Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Donnel/Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra

Cherche x Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Gregor/Henry

Any of those will serve you well postgame.

I see that MUxLucina is a popular pairing and I wanted to do another postgame run with this, but then I realized it would short me a GF pair with easy 100% DS. Is having a Morgan with Aether worth losing a GF pair with 100%DS?

I'm not a fan of Vantage+Vengeance setups and I think that would be the best use of a MUxLucina pair. I may be missing something, but this pair seems bad if I don't want to Vantage+Vengeance my way to victory.

Alright, 2 things, one super short, the other super long:

1: What would be good setups for my +Skill -Def FeMU and her husband Lon'qu!Yarne?

2: Going by what you said about faire/agg vs astra, it looks like paladin freddynigo probably won't be doing enough damage to justify astra, I THINK. However, I suspect my Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan@Assassin with his wife Chrom!Cynthia@Sniper could work with LB, GF, Agg, Luna/Ignis and Astra, for two reasons:

First, he's got two weapon types, bows and swords, letting him attack aegis or pavise at his leisure. So swordfaire or bowfaire would only work on half of the enemies he'd attack. Which would mean that against any enemy with pavise, Morgan would be better off equipped with astra in all cases, unless the enemy's defense is ludicrously high.

Second, with a +5 strength mod and the sniper's strength bonus, his damage output is probably reasonably high enough to make use of Astra. Furthermore, with a no-brave run, I have access to weapons with higher per-hit damage values than most runs would, skewing the damage even higher, thus making the practicality of astra slightly more likely.

However, I also have some counter-arguments in my head: In the first instance, one could make the argument that I should just let Morgan focus on aegis enemies and have Cynthia focus on pavise enemies, having Morgan use bows only in emergencies, but that strikes me as something not always usable in practice. In the second instance, that damage increase, taking dragonskin into account, strikes me as relatively minor. Furthermore, the insurance of Astra kinda becomes laughable when I remember that my Mega Bunny Morgan reaches EIGHTY EIGHT SKILL, a mere 12% failure rate for luna or ingis procs, 7% if I use Mystletainn.

With that in mind, I suspect that the argument isn't between a faire and astra, but between astra and AS+2. Though my Mega Bunny Morgan is so fast that with LB and rallies he could double Anna without a partner, and thus the extra speed is kinda meaningless, it would result in three major benefits: a one point increase in damage against dragonskin, enough magic to equal another point of increased ignis damage against dragonskin, and a reduction in Luna/Ignis's failure rate from 7/12% to 5/10%.

So which of the three do you think my Morgan's better off with? Agg, AS+2, or Astra?

Edited by Alastor15243

Would my Inigo (marrying Gaius!Noire) be better as Libra!Inigo or as Stahl!Inigo? For Libra!Inigo they could do a Sniper x Sage pair. I'm not sure what Stahl!Inigo could do well that isn't already covered by another pair in my team.

The rest of my team:

Sumia @ Dark Flier x Chrom @ Bow Knight

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier x Henry!Owain @ Sage

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier x Lon'qu/Libra!Brady @ Sage (depending on who Inigo's dad is)

Virion/Lon'qu!Severa @ Wyvern Lord x Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker

+Skill -Def FeMU @ Sniper x Gregor!Yarne @ Assassin

Donnel!Kjelle @ Assassin x Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper

Would my Inigo (marrying Gaius!Noire) be better as Libra!Inigo or as Stahl!Inigo? For Libra!Inigo they could do a Sniper x Sage pair. I'm not sure what Stahl!Inigo could do well that isn't already covered by another pair in my team.

The rest of my team:

Sumia @ Dark Flier x Chrom @ Bow Knight

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier x Henry!Owain @ Sage

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier x Lon'qu/Libra!Brady @ Sage (depending on who Inigo's dad is)

Virion/Lon'qu!Severa @ Wyvern Lord x Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker

+Skill -Def FeMU @ Sniper x Gregor!Yarne @ Assassin

Donnel!Kjelle @ Assassin x Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper

Why Gregor!Yarne!Morgan? Gregor's strength and skill are nice, but Yarne gets nothing he needs to be good, unless you're going for Axefaire hero or something, then maybe he's okay...

Edited by Alastor15243

I see that MUxLucina is a popular pairing and I wanted to do another postgame run with this, but then I realized it would short me a GF pair with easy 100% DS. Is having a Morgan with Aether worth losing a GF pair with 100%DS?

I'm not a fan of Vantage+Vengeance setups and I think that would be the best use of a MUxLucina pair. I may be missing something, but this pair seems bad if I don't want to Vantage+Vengeance my way to victory.

Vantage + Vengeance + 100% DualStrike makes the battle much easier & faster because this building KOes enemies with only one operation a turn.

Galeforce here is just an assistance for KO-ing any tough enemy unit with in player phase who can't be tanked (you should realize Aggressor, which increases your pair's max output limit, is player phase only. If no Gale you can't return back to VV tanking mode after Aggressing unless you still have an unused Dancer).

Edited by MelonGx