Why Gregor!Yarne!Morgan? Gregor's strength and skill are nice, but Yarne gets nothing he needs to be good, unless you're going for Axefaire hero or something, then maybe he's okay...

Gregor is for Swordfaire, and the Skill mod is necessary. Both the Yarne and Morgan pairs add up to 160 Skill with a dad who has +2 Skill. I'm not sure I understand what Gregor!Yarne is lacking? He gets everything he needs to be a great hard support no matter who his dad is, as far as I can tell.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregor is for Swordfaire, and the Skill mod is necessary. Both the Yarne and Morgan pairs add up to 160 Skill with a dad who has +2 Skill. I'm not sure I understand what Gregor!Yarne is lacking? He gets everything he needs to be a great hard support no matter who his dad is, as far as I can tell.

Ah, you're going for swordfaire assassin? Fair enough. Generally I've heard that Yarne needs Hit+20, but then, who am I to judge, my Lon'qu!Yarne doesn't have that either (though he does have amazing skill).

If for 160 total Skl you should plan a SagexSniper for one more VV100%DS by the Morgan couple because only the Morgan couple achieves this.

Other 160s won't have total +14 SKL mod which locks them to Sniper/Assassin x Sniper/Assassin/Hero.

* SniperxSniper requires +8

* AssassinxAssassin requires +9

* Sniper/AssassinxHero requires +10

* HeroxHero requires +12

* SagexSniper requires +14

Edited by MelonGx

Thanks, but I wasn't planning on VV, just 100% DS. My idea was to get pairs who can reach 160 without giving up faires, procs, or Galeforces. That's why I was going for Sniper x Assassin.

I would have done Lon'qu!Yarne too, but that 1 more point of Skill is overkill. I think Hit+20 is for if he's a Berserker.

Edited by isetrh

So which of the three do you think my Morgan's better off with? Agg, AS+2, or Astra?

Agg.

The whole point of procstaccing isn't to increase maximum damage, it's to increase the chance of getting a proc (unless you're Aether Morgan, who does do it for the damage). So non-Aether Morgans will want an Ignis/Luna stack. You could do that for a near 100% proc rate (Astra/Luna@88 Skl: 7.92% chance of failure, Ignis/Luna: 1.44% chance of failure).

If for 160 total Skl you should plan a SagexSniper for one more VV100%DS by the Morgan couple because only the Morgan couple achieves this.

Other 160s won't have total +14 SKL mod which locks them to Sniper/Assassin x Sniper/Assassin/Hero.

Nope. I've got a 2nd gen Falco in my 100% DS team.

I recommend Hit+20 on Yarne because it goes very well with his natural Berserker (and his mods well support being a support Sniper, which comes with Hit+20). He's not going to need it on any of his high-Skl options, definitely.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I'd still go Ignis/Luna for the massive reliability boost.

Alright, I'll take that into consideration, see which works out better. Also, there was a tiny first question I asked that probably got lost in the rest of it: What's a good class/skill setup for +Skl -Def FeMu and Lon'qu!Yarne?

Going to post this again because while I got some other advice, I'd still appreciate it if I could get some help on this.

Would my Inigo (marrying Gaius!Noire) be better as Libra!Inigo or as Stahl!Inigo? For Libra!Inigo they could do a Sniper x Sage pair. I'm not sure what Stahl!Inigo could do well that isn't already covered by another pair in my team.

The rest of my team:

Sumia @ Dark Flier x Chrom @ Bow Knight

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier x Henry!Owain @ Sage

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier x Lon'qu/Libra!Brady @ Sage (depending on who Inigo's dad is)

Virion/Lon'qu!Severa @ Wyvern Lord x Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker

+Skill -Def FeMU @ Sniper x Gregor!Yarne @ Assassin

Donnel!Kjelle @ Assassin x Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper

Edit: Alastor, they can get 100% DS pretty easily with AS+2 on both and Sniper x Assassin.

Edited by isetrh

Thanks, that might work. As for your issue...

Is that a recurring thing with your pairs? You make sure that every pair does something different?

Not really. It's just that I don't see the point in having another Sniper x Assassin pair, especially since FeMU x Yarne and Morgan x Kjelle do the job much better.

Vantage + Vengeance + 100% DualStrike makes the battle much easier & faster because this building KOes enemies with only one operation a turn.

Galeforce here is just an assistance for KO-ing any tough enemy unit with in player phase who can't be tanked (you should realize Aggressor, which increases your pair's max output limit, is player phase only. If no Gale you can't return back to VV tanking mode after Aggressing unless you still have an unused Dancer).

I know the pros of VVDS+, but I wanted to avoid it because it makes things boring. The results have been shown over and over again.

I wanted to know if putting MU on Lucina had other uses or if this would just give me GF&Support pair.

Going to post this again because while I got some other advice, I'd still appreciate it if I could get some help on this.

Edit: Alastor, they can get 100% DS pretty easily with AS+2 on both and Sniper x Assassin.

It is up to you for Stahl vs Libra on Inigo. Both of the roles they cover are done by someone else on your team.

So why exactly is Male Morgan x Lucina considered a good pair? It just occurred to me that I might have made a big mistake pairing Morgan with Chrom!Cynthia for similar reasons to this:

Chrom!Cynthia, Lucina, and Lucina!Morgan all use Aether, which is a damage booster that only works from the front. Which means that they should be in the front most of the time. Which means that whoever is their partner won't get as much front time. Which means that when Lucina or Chrom!Cynthia is paired with Morgan, most of their devastating damage potential is undermined whenever Morgan, generally your best unit, is in the front. Shouldn't Morgan and any unit with Aether always go with a hard support to maximize use of the most powerful units?

The only 2nd characters that can get Aether are female characters, Aggressor is better from the back than it is from the front. I don't see why that would be a waste at all. You still get two attacks with your aether-user in the front. And if you pair male morgan with Lucy you can have nuke morgan with 100% dual strike.

Edited by Diabeasty

Does magical Inigo often cause issues with magical/physical imbalance? It seems like there are roo many physical girls and too many magical boys with this route. What do people usually do about this?

Dread Fighter Bride combo is a great solution to this, considering their excellently complementing pair up bonuses, though Dread Fighter's magic is a little bit low.

Does magical Inigo often cause issues with magical/physical imbalance? It seems like there are roo many physical girls and too many magical boys with this route. What do people usually do about this?

If you use Henry!Nah she can go magic or with Virion as her father she can be a bride, but if I remember right you were benching her. Almost all the male 2nd gen characters are magic based, and Inigo can go either way. Magic/Bride Nah actually makes pairing a little easier since she is more flexible and makes a good support. Laurent is capable of going physical as well with the right father. (I think you were benching him as well?) With Vaike as his father Brady can pull off either physical or magical as his mods are balanced, that's actually not too bad of a pairing in my opinion as he can go Axefaire hero if you really need him to be physical. Owain can go Physical with Stahl as his father. There are a lot of options to have children fill some needs within your team if you really want them to, they aren't the best but they can work. WIth Virion as her father Severa can be a DF with tomefaire if needed. And, as said above, Bride/Dreadfighter are good options as well.

Magical Inigo is good, but if you have Nah benched you may need to move some things around.

I guess Dread Fighter works for this. The class itself doesn't seem that great though. 8 less Magic, 3 less Skill, and 1 less Speed are enough to make me question whether taking better advantage of pair up bonuses is worth it. Bride seems solid enough, though the Skill drop from Sniper is kind of big.

I was planning to bench both Laurent and Nah, but either one is flexible. I could put them back on the team without hurting anyone else much (Henry!Nah x Lon'qu!Brady, Chrom!Cynthia x Libra!Owain, and Sumia!Lucina x Ricken!Laurent). One reason I don't is that then I could only bring two Staffbots for Apo. The other is that my main goal is to make everyone amazing--while Nah x Galeboy will end up as an inferior version of Galegirl x hard support, if Nah sticks to maps outside of Apo and uses her Manakete class she sticks out as the best non-Morgan tank in the game.

What I'm gathering is that magic Inigo is easiest to find a spot for if you made some fun but non-optimal decisions on other pairs. A few dozen pages ago Czar Yoshi listed Libra for Inigo when someone asked who the best non-Avatar parent in a vacuum was for each child. I wonder what the reasoning was for that.

I know the pros of VVDS+, but I wanted to avoid it because it makes things boring. The results have been shown over and over again.

I wanted to know if putting MU on Lucina had other uses or if this would just give me GF&Support pair.

It has a few- Avatar can support physical Lucinas excellently as a Berserker, with freedom from all the issues support Berserkser usually have thanks to DS+ and his large pool of +Hit skills. In general though, Lucina has top priority for choosing a husband since her DS+ is so rare and valuable, and Avatar-M is the best hard support husband in the game (some Yarnes can outdo him as a Berserker, though they're not worth losing Aether on Morgan), so it makes sense to pair them together.

I'm leaning toward Libra!Inigo then. Does Sniper x Sage need 100% DS to be good?

They need it for VV, but not for magical Dual Strikes on a 3 range weapon. Those are the pair's two primary uses.

So why exactly is Male Morgan x Lucina considered a good pair? It just occurred to me that I might have made a big mistake pairing Morgan with Chrom!Cynthia for similar reasons to this:

Your damage is undermined mainly because Agg is half as powerful in the front, not due to lacking Aether. And Cynthia still gets two turns to lead (non-VV Galeboys shouldn't end their turn up front), so it's not like she's losing any power compared to marrying a non-Galeboy.

Noire, Nah and (in a pinch) Kjelle can all be swapped into magical roles without much trouble. Nah does best, as a Sage or (in Henry!Nah's case) Valkyrie, Noire and Kjelle both have Dark Flier open. They lack TF, but it's not too important since they both have procstacks and Agg supports. But don't try to change what the boys do (Inigo and Morgan are the only neutral ones).

Also, I'd like to point out that Libra!Inigo is actually pretty good at physical combat.

Your damage is undermined mainly because Agg is half as powerful in the front, not due to lacking Aether. And Cynthia still gets two turns to lead (non-VV Galeboys shouldn't end their turn up front), so it's not like she's losing any power compared to marrying a non-Galeboy.

Actually since I'm not using brave weapons, Aggressor is equally powerful in the front and back, though aggressor generally means that boys still do better in the back.

So if guys are generally relegated to the back 66-to-100% of the time, doesn't that mean that I should make sure that the one paired up with Nah is my strongest, or at least the one with the biggest difference between front and back performance with their build?

Also, when not using brave weapons, vantage is totally worthless in Apo, right?

Edited by Alastor15243

Agg is actually still marginally better in back due to never getting its damage halved by PavGis. Though it does lose much of its effect with no Braves.

I'd give Nah whoever is best at leading (so long as they don't mind having only one support turn). That's likely going to be anyone you can get a procstack on (if you're willing to forfeit a Faire, of course).

Agg is actually still marginally better in back due to never getting its damage halved by PavGis. Though it does lose much of its effect with no Braves.

I'd give Nah whoever is best at leading (so long as they don't mind having only one support turn). That's likely going to be anyone you can get a procstack on (if you're willing to forfeit a Faire, of course).

So the +Skill-Def Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan@Assassin with the LB/GF/Agg/Luna/Ignis skill set you recommended would have been better suited with Nah than Cynthia?

Also, what do you mean by "only one support turn"? I assume you're talking about not having a galegirl partner, but I haven't heard it phrased like that before...

Edited by Alastor15243

They need it for VV, but not for magical Dual Strikes on a 3 range weapon. Those are the pair's two primary uses.

Noire, Nah and (in a pinch) Kjelle can all be swapped into magical roles without much trouble. Nah does best, as a Sage or (in Henry!Nah's case) Valkyrie, Noire and Kjelle both have Dark Flier open. They lack TF, but it's not too important since they both have procstacks and Agg supports. But don't try to change what the boys do (Inigo and Morgan are the only neutral ones).

Also, I'd like to point out that Libra!Inigo is actually pretty good at physical combat.

Thanks! That Sniper x Sage for magic DS on 3 range is good was all I needed to hear. I will probably go with that for Noire x Inigo.

I never considered Libra!Inigo as a physical unit, but that makes sense when I consider that Libra gives Vengeance while not decreasing Strength and Inigo gets Faires from his mom.