• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to optimize for my current file, but I have one huge problem: Who do I pair up with Chrom?? I've never paired Chrom with anyone either than Sumia before, however I believe that the consensus now is that SumiaxChrom is the superior pairing. For me I never use RFK on Inigo anyways, and Aether + Luna Cynthia sounds really tempting. Btw my Avatar is FeMu(who will be a sorcerer) with +Mag/-Str and will pair up with either Brady or Owain so I can have another dual Galeforce pair. I want to have a variety of different classes but optimization comes first.

If Chrom is paired up with Olivia:

Olivia!Lucina (Great Lord/Dark Flier)

Gregor!Laurent (Sorcerer with armsthrift)

Frederick!Gerome (Wyvern Lord? Ik he is going to be full support though)

Chrom!Inigo (Hero?)

Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin)

Stahl!Severa (Hero I kind of want her to pair up with Chrom!Inigo though)

Kellam!Yarne (Berserker full support)

Ricken!Owain(Sage)

Ricken!Owain!Morgan

Henry!Cynthia(Dark Flier)

Lonqu!Brady (Sage)

Gaius!Noire (Dark Flier)

Vaike!Nah(Axefaire General or Hero) I heard general is a bad class endgame so not stoked about that.

Because of the odd ratio of male magic units and female magic units 4:3 Lucina might have to be a Dark Flier but I would prefer for her to stay as a Great Lord)

Summary: If ChromxOlivia the pairings will look like this:

Olivia!Lucina

Chrom!Inigo

Ricken!Owain

Ricken!Owain!Morgan

Henry!Cynthia

Donnel!Kjelle

Stahl!Severa

Kellam!Yarne(throwaway pairing)

Frederick!Gerome

Gaius!Noire

Gregor!Laurent

Lonqu!Brady

If I do end up using these pairings which Child unit do I pair up together?

However I have doubts of using ChromXOlivia. Is SumiaxChrom better?

The only things that will change if I use ChromxSumia is that:

Sumia!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Stahl!Inigo

Lonqu!Severa

Henry!Brady

If I use SumiaxChrom which child units should pair up with who? Also feel free to criticize any pairings regarding Laurent, Yarne, and Gerome because they just got the fathers that were leftovers.

Edited by eclipse
Hooray for merging

Chromia is the better pairing, but if you want to try something different, try Maribelle x Chrom.

Stahl should go to either Yarne or Gerome, Severa can take Virion. Whoever didn't get Stahl should take Libra for the +hit skills since Henry is taken. Everything else is okay.

Now that's a team straight out of yesteryear. Tip: don't trust GameFAQs.

From your own argument it sure sounds like Chrom x Sumia is the better option (it is). Chrom x Olivia, in addition to providing only average Lucina and Inigos, tends to force your hand on other pairings by requiring Henry to go on Cynthia. It basically limits a lot of options and tends to telegraph your team into a few other suboptimal pairings.

That said, everything there is at least average and won't let you down. Except Fred!Gerome, who is very bad at everything.

General Vaike!Nah is quite useful. She also makes a nice Hero, if you really don't like the way Generals look.

I'm looking into doing some challenge runs with a new team. I'm not skilled enough for a full No DLC/Rally S.Apo run, but I would like to try something fun and challenging. For reference, I've previously done No Damage and No Brave (aka the run that made me appreciate Berserkers). I'm also looking into doing a 100% DS run, but I have no clue where to start on that. Thoughts?

Opinions on my current pairings, I am planning on taking on Apotheosis secret path normally: Chrom!Cynthia, Sumia!Lucina, Stahl!Yarne, Gregor!Gerome, Lucina!Morgan, Ricken!Laurent, Libra!Brady, Donnel!Kjelle, Gauis!Inigo, Vaike!Owain, Frederick!Nah.

Cordelia and Tharja are still available for breeding purposes. I was planning on having Tharja mate with Henry and Cordelia reproduce with Lonqu.

What classes should I make them amd which skills would go well with my children.

I heard that Frederick is a mediocre father, even though it's already set in stone I'd still like to know who would have been a better choice.

Edited by Rabbattack

I researched and went read posts here on the past and I have a better idea of who to pair up with, but I just need advice on which classes they should be and their build. I'm definitely sold on Chromia, but I have no idea what class to make Lucina. Here are the pairings I have with your guy's input taken in(Really though thanks for helping me out with pairings, I'm really excited for Virion!severa for Her blue hair, but also because it's a pairing that I never considered before) Oh and I'm optimizing for Apotheosis I know you don't need to really fret over optimization for any part of the game, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want the best child units I can get.

Sumia!Lucina(need help deciding which class she should be! I don't plan on using pavgis because I heard those skills are worthless in Apotheosis)

Chrom!Cynthia -Dark Flier (Aether, Luna, Dualguard, Gaale force, Limitbreak)

Ricken!Owain -Sage(Galeforce, Agressor, Luna, Limitbreak) for the fifth slot tomefaire vantage or dual guard?

*Gregor!Laurent(Sorcerer or Sage I'm going to research more for his build I'm interested in learning more about 100% Dual strike with Lucina)

Gaius!Noire (Dark flier)

*Virion!Severa (I'm really interested in this one because I always thought as Virion as one of the worst Parents ever, help on her class and skill build would be appreciated)

*Frederick!Inigo(Stahl is going to Yarne and I would prefer not to make indigo a sorcerer because there aren't enough magical female units, but correct me if I'm wrong)

*Stahl!Yarne (Im really curious on who I should pair up with and his skill set)

*Henry!Gerome (Dread Fighter Gerome seems badass, I have no experience with this pairing and need advice on this one)

Vaike!Nah (General with Armsthrift, Axefaire, Luna, Limitbreak, and ___, she is also going to hold helswath)

Donnel!Kjelle (I would like to make the best of use with her gale force and advice on who to pair her up with)

And finally Ricken!Owain!Morgan who will either be with Dark Flier Lucina or Cynthia.

The units I need the most help with are Virion!Severa, Stahl!Yarne, Henry!Gerome, Chrom!Lucina, Frederick!Inigo, and Gaius!Noire(she is def becoming a Dark Flier).

Yarns and Gerome are going to mainly support as they lack Galeforce, and because they arent as impressive compared to other children. Nah will go to Inigo I guess, but then it won't be a dual gale force pair if I did KjellexInigo.

TLDR; Chrom-Sumia, Ricken-Lisa, Virion-Cordelia, Olivia-Frederick, Donnel-Sully(Can't change this one), Stahl-Panne, Henry-Cherche, Miriel-Gregr, Tharja-Gaius, Nowi-Vaike, Lonqu-Maribelle, and Robin-Owain. None of these pairings are final except for Donnel!Kjelle so if you see any improvements to be made dont be afraid to criticize.

I researched and went read posts here on the past and I have a better idea of who to pair up with, but I just need advice on which classes they should be and their build. I'm definitely sold on Chromia, but I have no idea what class to make Lucina. Here are the pairings I have with your guy's input taken in(Really though thanks for helping me out with pairings, I'm really excited for Virion!severa for Her blue hair, but also because it's a pairing that I never considered before) Oh and I'm optimizing for Apotheosis I know you don't need to really fret over optimization for any part of the game, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want the best child units I can get.

Sumia!Lucina(need help deciding which class she should be! I don't plan on using pavgis because I heard those skills are worthless in Apotheosis)

Chrom!Cynthia -Dark Flier (Aether, Luna, Dualguard, Gaale force, Limitbreak)

Ricken!Owain -Sage(Galeforce, Agressor, Luna, Limitbreak) for the fifth slot tomefaire vantage or dual guard?

*Gregor!Laurent(Sorcerer or Sage I'm going to research more for his build I'm interested in learning more about 100% Dual strike with Lucina)

Gaius!Noire (Dark flier)

*Virion!Severa (I'm really interested in this one because I always thought as Virion as one of the worst Parents ever, help on her class and skill build would be appreciated)

*Frederick!Inigo(Stahl is going to Yarne and I would prefer not to make indigo a sorcerer because there aren't enough magical female units, but correct me if I'm wrong)

*Stahl!Yarne (Im really curious on who I should pair up with and his skill set)

*Henry!Gerome (Dread Fighter Gerome seems badass, I have no experience with this pairing and need advice on this one)

Vaike!Nah (General with Armsthrift, Axefaire, Luna, Limitbreak, and ___, she is also going to hold helswath)

Donnel!Kjelle (I would like to make the best of use with her gale force and advice on who to pair her up with)

And finally Ricken!Owain!Morgan who will either be with Dark Flier Lucina or Cynthia.

The units I need the most help with are Virion!Severa, Stahl!Yarne, Henry!Gerome, Chrom!Lucina, Frederick!Inigo, and Gaius!Noire(she is def becoming a Dark Flier).

Yarns and Gerome are going to mainly support as they lack Galeforce, and because they arent as impressive compared to other children. Nah will go to Inigo I guess, but then it won't be a dual gale force pair if I did KjellexInigo.

TLDR; Chrom-Sumia, Ricken-Lisa, Virion-Cordelia, Olivia-Frederick, Donnel-Sully(Can't change this one), Stahl-Panne, Henry-Cherche, Miriel-Gregr, Tharja-Gaius, Nowi-Vaike, Lonqu-Maribelle, and Robin-Owain. None of these pairings are final except for Donnel!Kjelle so if you see any improvements to be made dont be afraid to criticize.

Sumia!Lucina - very versatile, but should be running DS+ instead of Dual Guard. She's generally a Sniper or Dark Flier, but she works well as a Sage, Falcon Knight, or Great Lord as well.

Chrom!Cynthia - have her run Tomefaire instead of Dual Guard. Otherwise very good. Sniper is another option, but Dark Flier Cynthia is very strong.

Ricken!Owain's final skill slot should be Tomefaire. In Apo, offensive skills will get you farther than defensive ones. Otherwise good.

Laurent should almost always be a Sage. If doing 100% DS with Lucina, I recommend Sniper Lucina and Sage Laurent. 3-range guaranteed magical dual strikes are very valuable (targets typically-low res, for one). Sage's non-defensive stats are better than Sorcs, so Sage is almost always favored unless Mire will be used.

Gaius!Noire doesn't have Tomefaire for Dark Flier, but can still work as one. I'd recommend LB/Galeforce/Luna/Astra/AS+2. She can be a great Sniper/Assassin/Falcon Knight/Bride, but she has options as a Dark Flier (she can also replace any of the non-LB/GF skills above with Hex, Anathema, or Vengeance depending on your team's needs). If she's a DF using lances, use Lancefaire instead of AS+2.

Virion!Severa is ridiculously versatile. With a +Spd support (like Berserker), she can double every enemy in the game, even in a slower class like Wyvern Lord. Thanks to Virion's Tomefaire, she can also be a Dark Flier. She should be running Galeforce, All Stats +2, Lancefaire/Tomefaire/Bowfaire (whatever is applicable), Vengeance (or Anathema if her husband needs the Hit), and Limit Breaker.

Fred!Inigo has Luna and can actually take Fred's Spd hit. What he does is up to you. He should be running LB, Galeforce, Aggressor, Luna, and the most applicable weapon-faire to his class.

Stahl!Yarne should be supporting one of your physical leading ladies. Depending on whether she needs a +Spd Support or not, he should be a Berserker or a Warrior - Berserker has a low skill cap, but Stahl gives him Hit+20 to compensate for that nicely. Berserker (the option that gives +Spd): LB/Aggressor/Axefaire/Hit+20/filler, Warrior should be the same but insert the Bowfaire that Stahl oh-so-nicely provides for him. These aren't Stahl!Yarne's only options (Sniper and Assassin come to mind), but they're very nice if you need powerful Dual Strikes. Looking at your units, he'd pair really nicely with Donnel!Kjelle, who I will get to.

Henry!Gerome could work as a Dread Fighter, but his real strength is as a Berserker with a +Hit skill (Hex or Anathema from Henry's Dark Mage). He should run LB/Agg/AF/(Hex/Anathema)/(Str+2 or Dual Support+). If Gerome's partner will only be using 1-range weapons, Hex will be better. Anathema will work fine otherwise, and also provides bonus crit if you're interested. Str+2 is for extra damage on Dual Strikes, and Dual Support+ is for if his partner needs the extra hit/avo for some reason. Use any two of those four skills (Hex/Anathema/Str+2/DSp+) as your team's needs dictate.

Vaike!Nah can work nicely as a General, however she really should be in the back unless she's doing a dedicated crit setup. She also should be using Brave Axes unless you're doing a challenge run or have some other condition. I recommend LB/AF/AS+2/filler/filler. For those fillers, Str+2 is an option (for a little extra punch on those Dual Strikes). This Nah could run Armsthrift if there's nothing better for her to do. Also note that changing her role to a Hero will give her partner +Spd on a pairup, which in this case is 5 Spd difference (+3 vs +8, counting support bonuses). She won't pack as much punch in her Dual Strikes as a Hero, so you'll have to decide what suits your team's needs.

Donnel!Kjelle has plenty of options. She isn't as versatile as Gaius!Kjelle due to weaker mods, but she can still hold her own. My favorite classes for her are Paladin and Falcon Knight. She typically runs LB/Galeforce/Faire/Luna/Astra, but there are exceptions (replacing Astra with AS+2 if she needs to meet a different threshold, or running with Donnel's Underdog for the extra Hit and Avoid). If you haven't recruited Kjelle yet, have her inherit Underdog instead of Aptitude.

Male Morgan's best marriage is generally considered to be with Lucina thanks to her Dual Strike+. This being a high-magic pairing, Ricken!Owain!Morgan should definitely be a Sage. I recommend LB/Galeforce/Faire/Agg/Ignis. Ignis is generally superior to Luna in terms of damage output, but you may want to run some calcs to make sure Ignis will be better for Morgan on your team.

Lon'qu!Brady (didn't see him up there?) should run the same as Owain - LB/GF/Agg/TF/Luna. If he's a dedicated lead, substitute Astra for TF as the average damage output will be higher, but only if he's a dedicated lead.

All this is assuming you're keeping the pairs above, which are indeed all very strong.

Edited by Cat1803

Some elaboration on the above:

Virion!Severa's three common sets are Wyvern Lord (LB/GF/LF/All+2/Vengeance) with a +3 Spd support (Berserker, Hero etc), Dark Flier (LB/GF/TF/Vengeance/anything) with a Sage support, and Sniper (LB/GF/BF/Vengeance/anything) with a Hero support. Wyvern is her flagship set (which she shares with Lon'qu!Severa) and doubles every enemy in the game with 8 flying Mov and enough Atk to kill pretty much anything regardless of luck. Dark Flier lets her go magical instead, as it's hot-swappable with Wyvern it's a good idea to pair her with someone who can switch between both support roles to increase your team's replayability (Henry!Gerome will work nicely, thanks to having +Hit skills for his Berserker and a +2 Mag mod for his Sage). Without a Dread Fighter pairup she'll be unable to double the three fastest enemies in Apo even with All+2, but the drop in power is pretty big so you may not want to do that. Her Sniper has a very large amount of Skl and can easily reach 100% DS with most +Skl Heroes, as well as doubling everything without All+2 (though you may want it anyway for the +Skl if it gives you 100% DS). Stahl!Yarne is a good partner for this set, having a high Str/Skl Sniper for DS builds.

Vaike!Nah is a non-GF lead- your current set for her is pretty good, though she'll want a Brave Axe for when she's supporting. Deliverer is a good candidate for her last skill- the idea with her is to move her, switch, attack + GF, switch back, and let her take the last kill to end with her in front.

Kjelle can't get the most out of her GF with Donnel. Even though he's her second best father, she misses so many thresholds Gaius!Kjelle hits that she likely has the widest performance gap in the game between any child's best and second best father (even moreso than Nah and Cynthia- both of them can still find their niches, Kjelle will be perpetually B-tier with Donnel). I would strongly recommend switching to Gaius for her (even though it's set in stone...), and either giving Noire Donnel or no GF. Here's what a potential Gaius!Kjelle would look like:

-Wyvern Lord (LB/GF/LF or Astra/Luna/All+2) x Hero/Berserker: a copy of Severa's flagship set with Luna over Vengeance. Considering how good Severa is, this is very useful.

-Paladin (LB/GF/LF or SF/Luna/Astra) x Hero/Berserker: same as above, but Paladin's +2 Spd over Wyvern let it swap All+2 for another proc while hitting the same thresholds, in exchange for no flying movement and significantly less Str. You do get a choice of Faires, though.

-Assassin (LB/GF/SF/Luna/Astra) x anything: high Skl set for DS builds. With 78 Skl from a neutral pairup, you have an 86.58% chance of getting a proc on each hit, rising to 89.97% with a +3 Skl pairup. You can also swap Swordfaire for All+2 to gain Bow use and a bit more DS/proc rate, if you like.

-General (LB/GF/LF/Luna/Astra) x +2 Spd pairup (Paladin/Hero/Berserker/Bow Knight): offers even more Str than Wyvern at the cost of a lot of Mov. Kjelle is fast enough to double everything except the three fastest enemies without All+2 with at least a +2 pairup. Paladin and Bow Knight are good choices to act as ferries, but Hero/Berserker can also be used if even more Str or Skl is desired. Consider Deliverer over Lancefaire or Astra if not paired with a mount, though it lowers your Atk significantly and makes Wyvern an almost purely better choice.

Donnel!Kjelle is still perfectly serviceable and can run many similar sets in similar classes, but with the -3 Spd/Skl over Gaius!Kjelle she misses every single one of those Spd thresholds and is no good for DS purposes. She's solidly B tier with no way out.

Wow, thanks for the clear and in depth advice you guys have. The good news is that I made a new save file and caught up to my other lunatic file. Im planning to use Gaius!Kjelle as you guys recommend and I have an idea on how to pair the children.

DF Chrom!Cynthia x Sage Ricken!Owain!Morgan

DF Donnel!Noire x Sage Lonqu!Brady

Sniper Sumia!Lucina x Sage Gregor!Laurent

Wyvern Lord Virion!Severa x Berserker Henry!Gerome

Wyvern Lord Gaius!Kjelle x Berserker Stahl!Yarne

Hero Frederick!Inigo x General Vaike!Nah

So the pairings will look like this: Chrom!Chnthia, Ricken!Owain!Morgan, Sumia!Lucina, Gregor!Laurent, Lonqu!Brady, Donnel!Noire, Gaius!Kjelle, Stahl!Yarne, Virion!Severa(blue hair Miku Hatsune lookalike!!), Henry!Gerome, Frederick!Inigo, and Vaike!Nah.

Thanks everyone especially Czar_Yoshi and Cat1803 for helping me formulate these pairings. Most of these builds come from you guys, so thanks! All of the information had a lot of depth and clarity, but you guys were still open minded and didn't act as if there is only one true pairing/class. If you see any room for improvements don't hesitate to speak. It was kind of you guys to help a newbie like me. I'm surprised of how the meta has changed, looking back at GameFaqs S rated children it differs so much from now.

I'm looking into doing some challenge runs with a new team. I'm not skilled enough for a full No DLC/Rally S.Apo run, but I would like to try something fun and challenging. For reference, I've previously done No Damage and No Brave (aka the run that made me appreciate Berserkers). I'm also looking into doing a 100% DS run, but I have no clue where to start on that. Thoughts?

How about no procs? Or 1 range only?

Wow, thanks for the clear and in depth advice you guys have. The good news is that I made a new save file and caught up to my other lunatic file. Im planning to use Gaius!Kjelle as you guys recommend and I have an idea on how to pair the children.

DF Chrom!Cynthia x Sage Ricken!Owain!Morgan

DF Donnel!Noire x Sage Lonqu!Brady

Sniper Sumia!Lucina x Sage Gregor!Laurent

Wyvern Lord Virion!Severa x Berserker Henry!Gerome

Wyvern Lord Gaius!Kjelle x Berserker Stahl!Yarne

Hero Frederick!Inigo x General Vaike!Nah

So the pairings will look like this: Chrom!Chnthia, Ricken!Owain!Morgan, Sumia!Lucina, Gregor!Laurent, Lonqu!Brady, Donnel!Noire, Gaius!Kjelle, Stahl!Yarne, Virion!Severa(blue hair Miku Hatsune lookalike!!), Henry!Gerome, Frederick!Inigo, and Vaike!Nah.

Thanks everyone especially Czar_Yoshi and Cat1803 for helping me formulate these pairings. Most of these builds come from you guys, so thanks! All of the information had a lot of depth and clarity, but you guys were still open minded and didn't act as if there is only one true pairing/class. If you see any room for improvements don't hesitate to speak. It was kind of you guys to help a newbie like me. I'm surprised of how the meta has changed, looking back at GameFaqs S rated children it differs so much from now.

Permit me to rant for a bit. Some of the S tier kids have withstood the test of time (Stahl!Gerome, lots of Severas, Chrom!Inigo, Gaius!Kjelle) but in general that was a time where DG+ was considered a good skill and it was galeforce+Luna or bust. There was less of an emphasis on +Hit skills and vengeance was not seen as a good independent proc. Virion was also seen as the absolute worst father. Hard support kids (Yarne and Gerome) were seen as irredeemable because no galeforce. People didn't really know what to do with Laurent. Sniper wasn't seen as anything special.

This time is something we call the "G/Dg+/L Meta". Where the goal was to get dual guard+, Luna, and galeforce on as many kids as possible without any regard for hit, mods, or class synergy. Frederick!Gerome is a good example of this. No +hit skills of nRFK, terrible class overlap, no faires. But hey, Luna and DG+.

Sumia x Chrom has a funny history. At first everyone liked it because Pavise/Aegis/RFK Lucina, then it fell out of favor because "Sumia gives her bad strength" and Chrolivia became the hype since RFK Lethality and Assassin access. Because magic was also hyped up during that time Henry!Cynthia was the best Cynthia because Chrom makes Cynthia physical and magic > physical therefore Henry > Chrom for Cynthia. Then at some point we realized Chromia's mods for Lucina and Cynthia are crazy high and that they have over 9000 classes to end it with -faires for all of them. Cynthia is also the only one of Chrom's kids who can rock Aether/Luna/Galeforce. She's effectively another Lucina without DS+. Going further, we also realized that both Chrom and Sumia are great post game units (Sumia can hit 75 spd while packing a proc and galeforce. That's very impressive for a gen 1 unit, Chrom has Aether/Luna and DS+. All are great post game skills). It's also convenient to make in game as well.

Virion!Severa's three common sets are Wyvern Lord (LB/GF/LF/All+2/Vengeance) with a +3 Spd support (Berserker, Hero etc), Dark Flier (LB/GF/TF/Vengeance/anything) with a Sage support, and Sniper (LB/GF/BF/Vengeance/anything) with a Hero support. Wyvern is her flagship set (which she shares with Lon'qu!Severa) and doubles every enemy in the game with 8 flying Mov and enough Atk to kill pretty much anything regardless of luck. Dark Flier lets her go magical instead, as it's hot-swappable with Wyvern it's a good idea to pair her with someone who can switch between both support roles to increase your team's replayability (Henry!Gerome will work nicely, thanks to having +Hit skills for his Berserker and a +2 Mag mod for his Sage). Without a Dread Fighter pairup she'll be unable to double the three fastest enemies in Apo even with All+2, but the drop in power is pretty big so you may not want to do that. Her Sniper has a very large amount of Skl and can easily reach 100% DS with most +Skl Heroes, as well as doubling everything without All+2 (though you may want it anyway for the +Skl if it gives you 100% DS). Stahl!Yarne is a good partner for this set, having a high Str/Skl Sniper for DS builds.

I never knew Virion!Severa was very versatile. Is lon'qu!Severa just as versatile? Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I see, Lon'qu!severa has Wyvern lord, Hero, Assassin and Dark flier to play around with as ending classes. Although for her specifically, Wyvern lord > Hero in many ways, Assassin is there mostly for 100% DS and she won't have tomefaire for her magic classes. This leaves her with Wyvern lord as her best option. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Lon'qu!Severa's other classes are useless but it just seems like her wyvern lord overshadows every other class she has. Again please correct me if I'm wrong this is all my opinion.

I'm having a hard time deciding between Donnel!Noire and Libra!Noire. Donnel gives GF but Libra gives TF and better mods. Suggestions and/or any advice?

lastly, can someone give me some feed back on this pairing/build:

Henry!Owain @Sorc (Vantage/Gamble/Warth/Anathema/GF) with Ruin for 50 crit

He will be paired up with FeMU with Anathema, DSp+ and Solidarity. this is meant for skrims on L+ and not Apo.

20(skill/2) + 20(warth) + 10(Gamble) + 50(weapon) + 10(solidarity) + 15(support bonus with DSp+) = 125 crit with two -20 crit avoid on enemies from Anathema. IIRC All L+ skrim enemies have a cap of 45 luck meaning I'll have 100% crit rate on this build. I could use a skill tonic on Owain and have FeMU be a Hero (or any other class that gives +8 skill pair up bonus) or i can use rallies to get my +10 skill so that i do not need to use DPs+. I don't know if Anathema stack or not.

Edited by bodybagfor8bucks

LQ!Severa is Virion!Severa without Bowfaire or Tomefaire, so she isn't as versatile. However, LQ!Severa is really strong and is taking a low demand father while Virion!Severa is taking a somewhat high demand father so it works out.

That build looks good. IIRC multiple auras of any kind don't stack.

Lon'qu!Severa has +1 Spd over Virion!Severa, and that's actually her main selling point. It doesn't seem like a big deal but with All+2 it lets you get 42 Spd classes to 75 with any pairup, as opposed to Virion's 43. Hero and Dark Flier both fall into this (Virion!Severa's DF has TF, but doesn't hit 75 (unfortunately Chrom!Cynthia's and Sumia!Lucina's fall into this too, which is why they're predominantly physical)), and while she doesn't have a Faire for DF Lon'qu does give her SF for Hero. This is particularly nice for taking either a Bowfaire Warrior Gerome (who doesn't have many others who can put up with his lack of +Spd, and has Bow Knight anyway if you really want to run Wyvern), or Sniper Yarne (who can easily get to 100% DS thanks to Severa's huge Skl, required All+2 and having Virion available).

Oh, sorry.

I'm in a hurry atm and will do it in ~2 hours. The only trouble pairs that stand out are Vaike!Owain, Henry!Noire and Gaius!Inigo. For a quick fix, use Gaius!Noire, Henry!Owain and find someone else for Inigo (Vaike!Nah and Fred!Inigo, maybe).

OK here you go.

Opinions on my current pairings, I am planning on taking on Apotheosis secret path normally: Chrom!Cynthia, Sumia!Lucina, Stahl!Yarne, Gregor!Gerome, Lucina!Morgan, Ricken!Laurent, Libra!Brady, Donnel!Kjelle, Gauis!Inigo, Vaike!Owain, Frederick!Nah.

Cordelia and Tharja are still available for breeding purposes. I was planning on having Tharja mate with Henry and Cordelia reproduce with Lonqu.

What classes should I make them amd which skills would go well with my children.

I heard that Frederick is a mediocre father, even though it's already set in stone I'd still like to know who would have been a better choice.

Lucina, Cynthia, Yarne, Morgan, Laurent, and Brady are all fine. So is Lon'qu!Severa.

Gregor!Gerome is average- he'd really like a +Hit skill, but doesn't have many options for that and will work anyway.

I just explained in a recent post (after yours) why Donnel!Kjelle is worse than Gaius!Kjelle. Check it out and use whichever one you prefer.

Gaius doesn't give Inigo anything he wants, and in fact has almost complete class overlap, only giving Inigo one new promoted class (Trickster). Inigo has a lot of potential and just wants a proc and some mods, and can take quite a lot of other fathers.

Vaike!Owain sounds tempting as the best way to fix Owain's Str so he can use his Sword Hand, but in reality has some of the worst mod clash in the game and winds up stinking in every single stat, with no mods above +2 (this puts him in a similar stat tier with Maiden!Lucina). Vaike doesn't even give Owain many new classes for his trouble, just Hero and Trickster when Owain really wants a proc. If you want a good physical Owain, use Stahl instead- his mods still won't be outstanding but he'll have enough good class and skill combinations to more than make up for it. Yarne can take Virion instead for an almost identical effect.

Fred!Nah doesn't do much. Like Fred!Gerome, she's supposed to be on hard support duty, but has neither any physical Faires nor good support classes to use them on. PavGis Manakete? Maybe, but not for Apo (and outside of it you've got a bad healing shortage for a tank).

Noire doesn't like Henry's classes much. She will have a +5 Mag mod and get Troubadour to use it with, but without Tomefaire to back it up she'll be on par with the likes of Vaike!Nah in terms of magical offense and not pull her weight. If she's going to be a non-GF support, she'd like Fred, Virion or Kellam much better.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

How about no procs? Or 1 range only?

Oooh, no procs sounds fun. It also will have me accomplishing one of the goals I try to accomplish with challenge runs: using pairs I wouldn't otherwise consider (like anyone but Stahl or Ricken on Owain because Luna). 1 range only also sounds fun (Hi, Thronie and Anna!). I quite like the sound of either. I think I'll try no procs first and see where that takes me. I'll still be sticking to Chromia since I like the class options both of them get, Aether or no.

@above pretty much everything Czar_Yoshi said. I'd like to add that Gerome and Vaike are good options for Noire (AF or Wrath for Hero/Crit setups, respectively). Both also offer Armsthrift if you hate maintenance and can't decide what to put in her last skillslot.

Oh, sorry.

I'm in a hurry atm and will do it in ~2 hours. The only trouble pairs that stand out are Vaike!Owain, Henry!Noire and Gaius!Inigo. For a quick fix, use Gaius!Noire, Henry!Owain and find someone else for Inigo (Vaike!Nah and Fred!Inigo, maybe).

OK here you go.

Lucina, Cynthia, Yarne, Morgan, Laurent, and Brady are all fine. So is Lon'qu!Severa.

Gregor!Gerome is average- he'd really like a +Hit skill, but doesn't have many options for that and will work anyway.

I just explained in a recent post (after yours) why Donnel!Kjelle is worse than Gaius!Kjelle. Check it out and use whichever one you prefer.

Gaius doesn't give Inigo anything he wants, and in fact has almost complete class overlap, only giving Inigo one new promoted class (Trickster). Inigo has a lot of potential and just wants a proc and some mods, and can take quite a lot of other fathers.

Vaike!Owain sounds tempting as the best way to fix Owain's Str so he can use his Sword Hand, but in reality has some of the worst mod clash in the game and winds up stinking in every single stat, with no mods above +2 (this puts him in a similar stat tier with Maiden!Lucina). Vaike doesn't even give Owain many new classes for his trouble, just Hero and Trickster when Owain really wants a proc. If you want a good physical Owain, use Stahl instead- his mods still won't be outstanding but he'll have enough good class and skill combinations to more than make up for it. Yarne can take Virion instead for an almost identical effect.

Fred!Nah doesn't do much. Like Fred!Gerome, she's supposed to be on hard support duty, but has neither any physical Faires nor good support classes to use them on. PavGis Manakete? Maybe, but not for Apo (and outside of it you've got a bad healing shortage for a tank).

Noire doesn't like Henry's classes much. She will have a +5 Mag mod and get Troubadour to use it with, but without Tomefaire to back it up she'll be on par with the likes of Vaike!Nah in terms of magical offense and not pull her weight. If she's going to be a non-GF support, she'd like Fred, Virion or Kellam much better.

Thank you. Any advice on how I can make use of the deadweight: Nah, Inigo, Owain, and Gerome? I'm guessing they'll work in the back of their pairs, but who should I pair them up with and what skills would work best on them for support role?

About Kjelle, did worse mean I had a bad Kjelle or that she was fine.

Donnel!Kjelle is solidly B tier. She's got a good set of skills and a good set of classes to use them on, just not the mods to back them up. She'll still be able to do the same things as the other GF girls, just with (significantly) lower numbers.

Those other four... Gerome can still support someone nicely. You'll probably want to bench Nah and one of the other two (Owain, since Inigo has better mods) and use the extra space for more Staffbots. Inigo will want to support someone with powerful DSes so he can get kills for his GF.

1 range only also sounds fun (Hi, Thronie and Anna!).

Funner still is Hammers Only/No Rescue. Everything else still goes, but figuring out how to safely take down the Counter bosses takes a lot of doing and accuracy is a constant factor.

Sounds brutal.

As an aside, I was having fun with some numbers and Fred!Cynthia could theoretically work in my run as a Wyvern Lord @ GF/AS+2/Spd+2/LF with an Assassin support. Replace LF with Defender if using Hero/Berserker. I'd rather give her Chrom so Lucina can have Sumia's Spd, but a pairing I'd never consider postgame just became somewhat viable.

Few questions:

1. Who should Olivia be paired with since I threw Chrom and Sumia together?

2. What skills should Gaius!Noire* have if I plan on keeping her as a sniper? I've already taken her through dark flier to get galeforce, and she has counter from Gaius (though I know counter is a widely debatable skill on snipers).

3. What path should I take Henry!Brady through? I'm completely, 100% lost on what to do with him and he's still a level 10 priest. I passed down vengeance and galeforce, for the record.

4. What should Lucina/MU pass down to FeMorgan? I've heard a lot about Rightful King vs Aether on this subject (I've even heard she doesn't have a choice), and I have no idea what MU should even do.

*Thanks for the correction, Cat1803

Edited by Mad Monk Rasputin