1. Depends on what you want Inigo to do. If you want Luna on him, consider Ricken, Fred, Stahl, or Kellam. Inigo's pretty versatile thanks to coming with access to plenty of good classes and weapon-faire skills. This is assuming postgame.

2. I'm guessing you mean Gaius!Noire since you said she has Counter from Gaius and Henry is Brady's dad. Not sure which (if any) DLC you have. Good skills on Gaius!Noire: Galeforce, Bowfaire, Luna, Astra, and filler. Limit Breaker if you have it, but Counter works fine outside of Apotheosis.

3. He should, at some point, be getting Tomefaire, Luna, and Aggressor if you have the Dread Fighter DLC. You could second seal him to Cavalier if you really want Discipline and Outdoor Fighter (neither of which are bad skills at all), but you will have to deal with E rank weapons, including lack of range until getting to D Lances. Alternatively, you could promote him to Sage, second seal him to Great Knight for Luna, and when/if you go through Dread Fighter is up to you. If we're talking strictly ingame, he'll be just fine promoting to Sage and staying there.

4. Lucina can only pass down Aether. MU should be passing down Axefaire (the only male-exclusive skill that matters outside of a Wrath-based dedicated crit setup). If you're not grinding, pass down whatever most useful skill MU has learned - I'd normally recommend Veteran, but Lucina!Morgan starts as a Tactician and comes packing it anyway.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm going against apotheosis without a full set of children, how many rally bots are necessary because I'd like to replace the 2nd gen pairing I lost with a quality 1st gen duo if possible, to ensure that I make it to the secret path.

What skills and classes should my units have? Limit breaker is not an option. Which children should my children marry and who should play the supporting roles?

Edited by Rabbattack

Two is the minimum recommended, especially if you don't have LB. Three or four can be used for extra leeway if you like (my team currently runs three). If you have extra room though, adding more Staffbots will help more than adding more Rallybots (give them +Mag/Mov skills).

Each unit who is ever going to be up front needs Luna/Vengeance, a Faire and GF if they have it. Since your hitrates will be 20 lower across the board due to no LB, also consider adding +Hit skills (Hit+20 is best).

Morgan x Laurent and Cynthia x Yarne, alongside Chrom x Sumia and Avatar x Lucina, are very solid. Sage Brady x Hero Kjelle will work as well. Between all those, you should have enough.

Thanks for the help. I have another question (I'll be asking plenty in this thread, sorry - first runthrough that I'm taking seriously)

What should I do for Lon'qu!Severa? Right now Lon'qu has avoid +10/Grant Avo +10, Astra, Vantage, Swordfaire, and lethality. I kinda threw him into assassin as a final class, so I don't really want to go out of my way for another skill unless it's necessary. But out of those five, which should I pass down to Severa? On top of that, how should I run Severa? I've heard a lot about her being a good assassin, but I've also heard she's a good hero as well. I have 2 assassins, though (Gaius and Lon'qu), so I'm not sure if another one is the best option. Thoughts? x_x

LQ!Severa's primary role is Lancefaire Wyvern, but Swordfaire Assassin or Hero works. Vengeance is her primary proc.

Her build is something like -faire/Galeforce/Vengeance/LB/AS+2

Quick question about FeMu. at Dark Flier her speed is 44 which is one point away from the magic number of 45. Is it worth it to include All Stats +2. Also this is the skill set Im planning on LB/Gale Force/Ignis or Luna/Tomefaire/All Stats + 2. Is it better to have two procs Ignis and Luna? Keep in mind she is pairing up with Sage Ricken!Owain. And at 46 spd (+2 from All Stats) will that be enough to double Anna with a Sage pair up?

Sage only gives +3 speed in pair-up (the generic bonus when having at least 30 speed), so she'll only hit 71. She'll be 4 speed short.

A unit with 44 +2 = 46 speed after their class, personal stat cap mods, and All Stats+2 needs a partner who gives +7 speed or more to double Anna.

Classes like Paladin, Grandmaster, Dark Flier, Assassin, Swordmaster, Great Lord, Berserker, etc. are what would accomplish this.

Hi everyone! Days ago I finished Lunatic+ (as FeMu) with pairs prepared for apotheosis (so is grinding time), and meanwhile I started a new file as MaMu on Lunatic (to at the end recruit it on my Lunatic+ run and make him a rallybot). I would try apotheosis on that file too and how the unit carries the pairings do in his recruit card (would be lol that x dude's friend is married with his wife in that outrealm), so I decided the following conditions:

a) Can't do the same marriages (no SullyxGaius twice)

b) A dude can't marry his friend's Lunatic+ wife (for example means this Frederick can't Marry Sumia since is Married with Henry -Frederick's friend- in my lunatic+ file)

c)A dude can't marry the friends of his lunatic+ wife (for example this Frederick can't marry Panne neither Maribelle since are Olivia's friends -Frederick's wife in my Lunatic+ file-)

d)Gen1 Marriage for MaMu Speed+/Def- (So there is gonna be 1 unmarried Gen2 girl)

e)Original Tree classes for children in preference (exceptions are Owain as Dreadfighter, Yarne as Assassin/Berkzeker and Nah as Sage)

f) the archest of archers Virion should always be married

g) who is Kellam? (seriously I always leave him unmarried)

Here I did the allowed combination based on those points without couting MaMu:

[spoiler=Allowed Pairs]

Lissa x Frederick/Stahl/Donnel/Vaike/Lon'qu/Libra/Gaius

Maribelle x Chrom/Stahl/Donnel/Vaike/Lon'qu/Gaius/Gregor/Henry

Cordelia x Frederick/Ricken/Lon'qu/Virion/Libra/Gaius/Gregor

Sully x Frederick/Stahl/Ricken/Donnel/Vaike/Virion/Gregor

Tharja x Frederick/Ricken/Vaike/Lon'qu/Virion/Gaius/Gregor/Henry

Nowi x Frederick/Stahl/Ricken/Vaike/Lon'qu/Henry

Olivia x Stahl/Ricken/Donnel/Lon'qu/Libra/Gaius/Gregor

Panne x Ricken/Donnel/Virion/Libra/Gaius/Gregor/Henry

Miriel x Frederick/Stahl/Ricken/Donnel/Virion/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Frederick/Stahl/Donnel/Vaike/Virion/Gaius/Henry

Sumia x Chrom (lol the destiny is made of pies)

I would love your suggestions and recommendations of whichs good pairs I can make with those conditions. Special mention is to Kjelle, since from her allowed fathers, only Donnel gives her galeforce, lancefaire and axebreaker but her speed mods are mediocre as General (compare to her super speed mods as Gaius!Kjelle), should I marry her with a specific gen2 user to solver her speed, give her a father that gives good mods but no galeforce or bench her?

Thanks for your consideration (is much text ikr).

Note: No have R&R3 = No have Limit Breaker (and no money for it), but does have LB2 = So gonna use aggressor skill.

Just make sure you have no units with less than 60 Spd when leading and a few 66+ Spd pairs to tackle bosses, and no LB should be manageable. Donnel!Kjelle will want to stay far away from General though, even with a good +Spd support she'll be dropping doubles all over the place and generally being extremely underwhelming. She'll do OK as anything with base 40 Spd or higher as long as she gets a +3 Spd support (ex: Paladin x Hero or something).

If having to stick with her original class gets in the way of that... She's completely screwed (All+2 with an Assassin support as a GK could get her to 60, but that's asking a lot and I don't see any Assassins on your roster). She'll be a decent consideration for the bench (along with Nah). If you do want to use her, Vaike with no GF will probably get you the best mileage out of her. She can give nice Dual Strikes from him, at least (Axefaire passdown), and with All+2 as a GK she could hit 60 for one lead turn with an Inigo support (be warned, GK has incredibly bad hitrates and you're already down -20 from no LB. Expect to see her missing a lot- +25 forges are pretty much mandatory and you may want to use Swords instead).

I'll post more later, right now I've got to go.

Just make sure you have no units with less than 60 Spd when leading and a few 66+ Spd pairs to tackle bosses, and no LB should be manageable. Donnel!Kjelle will want to stay far away from General though, even with a good +Spd support she'll be dropping doubles all over the place and generally being extremely underwhelming. She'll do OK as anything with base 40 Spd or higher as long as she gets a +3 Spd support (ex: Paladin x Hero or something).

If having to stick with her original class gets in the way of that... She's completely screwed (All+2 with an Assassin support as a GK could get her to 60, but that's asking a lot and I don't see any Assassins on your roster). She'll be a decent consideration for the bench (along with Nah). If you do want to use her, Vaike with no GF will probably get you the best mileage out of her. She can give nice Dual Strikes from him, at least (Axefaire passdown), and with All+2 as a GK she could hit 60 for one lead turn with an Inigo support (be warned, GK has incredibly bad hitrates and you're already down -20 from no LB. Expect to see her missing a lot- +25 forges are pretty much mandatory and you may want to use Swords instead).

I'll post more later, right now I've got to go.

So would I give her breaker skills (axebreaker & lancebreaker) to give her extra hit rate? (ABr/LBr/SF/Luna/All+2).

That's definitely an option. You may want a slot for Deliverer, though. But skills come later- you should hammer out your actual pairings first and then decide what to do with your filler/anti-RNG slots.

[spoiler=Each child's needs]Stahl is hands-down Owain's best DF father. You can't go wrong with him that way. With any +Spd pairup (Dark Flier Cynthia is a good option for magical, Hero/Bow Knight Severa can go either way), he'll hit 60 Spd before All+2 (note; I'm never including All+2's bonuses in my calcs unless I specifically say so, but am always including Tonics).

Brady will want/need to be a Sage. With a +2 Spd father (Virion is a great choice), he can hit 60 Spd with any pairup, making him very receptive to a Sage Nah support. If All+2 is used though, he can do it with a +0 father (Henry comes to mind).

Severa has a lot of Spd potential and will likely want to be as fast as possible for fighting the top bosses- 69 Spd is a good threshold to aim for. Fathered by Lon'qu and as a Hero with All+2, she'll have 62 Spd before pairing up, letting her reach 69 with a +2 support or better. Assassin Yarne is your best +Spd support, so let's look at him for now- she's got 42(base) +6(mods) +10(Rally) +9(Yarne) +2(All+2) +2(tonic) =71 Spd with him. That's 2 points of leeway for doing other things. Notable things you could do with it: remove All+2 (-2, gives another skillslot), switch to Bow Knight (-1, more Mov and ranged Braves), switch Yarne to Berserker (-1, much more power), and switch to Virion as the father if Brady doesn't want him (-1, gives Bowfaire if going BK). You could also give Cordelia a +Spd/-Def Avatar, which would boost Severa's Spd by 1 over Lon'qu (Berserker x Hero with no All+2 would become an option, as would taking a different +3 support) and also be the best option for Morgan and Avatar's performance. Morgan herself would have 61 Spd with All+2 before pairup, and could either happily lead Laurent at 60+ or shoot for 69 herself (needs a 2+ support and All+2).

Tharja should really be going with Gaius. Not much question about it there. Sniper Noire needs a +Spd support to hit 60 if she lacks All+2- using it and taking Gerome is a good option for her.

Nah will likely want Henry if he's free, and can also use Ricken to lesser effect. Brady is already reserved for her no matter who she gets.

Inigo has two +Spd supporting classes, making him very valuable, but not many options for his own Spd while retaining existent Str and a proc. Libra as a father and Lucina as a wife sound like good options.

Yarne is going to be supporting one of your top units, and is thus likely to be fighting lots of bosses, and thus needs lots of Skl/Hit. Virion is his best option with Hit+20, high Skl and Bowfaire, but since he's in very high demand already, Gregor is capable of providing nice mods and Swordfaire for Assassin. Henry can give similar mods to Gregor except without Swordfaire, but with some useful +Hit skills. I'd advise using Virion if marrying Avatar!Severa and Henry otherwise, though Nah would miss him a lot. Lucina is another partner who would greatly appreciate him.

Laurent is going to stay in the back as a Sage. All he really cares about is firepower, making Ricken a strong option (Lon'qu is good too and has high availability). Morgan can take him if she won't be aiming for 69 Spd, and Cynthia will be happy with him otherwise.

Gerome is stuck in Wyvern with no Lancefaire access, and thus requires Axefaire and a ton of +Hit skills to be useful. He's got his own set of Breakers already, so it mostly comes down to Vaike and Gregor for him. Vaike is busy with Kjelle if she doesn't get benched, Gregor is backup for Yarne. Henry's in too high of demand to be considered.

Lucina has the highest base Spd class of any female out there and a +5 Spd mod to boot. Alone with All+2, that comes out to 63- any +Spd support, including Dread Fighter Owain, will take her to 69, and any +3 support (Inigo and Berserker Yarne are strong candidates) will take her there without All+2. If you were really serious, you could give her All+2, Spd+2, Defender and an Assassin Yarne support, taking her all the way to 75- but that would rob her of room for her procs. She's a +4 Spd support herself, and could actually get a Virion!Yarne@Assassin with All+2 to 75 if he wanted to come up front, which with DSt+ would likely be guaranteed curtains for Anna even though she lacks Agg and Yarne lacks a proc- that's a much more viable option if you really want to do it.

Cynthia will definitely want to be a Dark Flier, and has no Spd worries of her own- she's happy to take Laurent or Owain. With All+2, Spd+2 and Owain (or just All+2 and a +3 Spd support), she hits 69, but you've probably got enough of those already.

[spoiler=Putting it together]So, overall you're looking at:

Stahl!Owain

Virion/Henry/Ricken!Brady

Lon'qu/Virion/Avatar!Severa

Vaike/Bench!Kjelle

Gaius/Bench!Noire

Henry/Ricken!Nah

Libra!Inigo

Virion/Gregor/Henry!Yarne

Ricken/Lon'qu!Laurent

Vaike/Gregor!Gerome

Sumia x Chrom

Three are already fixed. Kjelle is probably a stronger choice for benching than Noire due to the way fathers work out; a free Vaike is more useful than a free Gaius. Cordelia really is Avatar's strongest wife, and unless you specifically don't want to do that I'll assume it's OK too. Lon'qu is thus completely free for Laurent, letting Nah have Ricken and making Henry a little freer. Virion/Henry!Brady and Virion/Gregor/Henry!Yarne are the two big ones left that most of the other pairs will revolve around then- I feel like giving Virion to Yarne is better because Brady only gets an extra skillslot from him. Now we're looking at:

Stahl!Owain

Henry!Brady

Vaike!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Ricken!Nah

Libra!Inigo

Virion!Yarne

Lon'qu!Laurent

Gregor!Gerome

Sumia x Chrom

Henry and Ricken are both loosely attached and Nah does better with Henry, so it looks like she can have him after all. Ricken can also go to Laurent to give Brady Lon'qu, which is a good trade as well. If Kjelle winds up benched, Vaike can be swapped onto Gerome for a minor Str buff, if not, he's hers- I'll assume she is getting benched for now. Final parent pairings:

Stahl!Owain

Lon'qu!Brady

Bench!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Henry!Nah

Libra!Inigo

Virion!Yarne

Ricken!Laurent

Vaike!Gerome

Chrom x Sumia

That's a pretty strong team. It's almost done- now for 2nd gen pairings. Priority for choosing husbands goes to the girls aiming for 69 Spd, then to those who have to reach for 60, then to everyone else. Brady x Nah is pretty much reserved, so I won't mention that one. In terms of +Spd, Owain gives +1, Morgan +2, Severa +3, Noire +0/3, Inigo +3, Yarne +3/4, Laurent +0, Gerome +0, Cynthia +3 and Lucina +4. Laurent and Gerome will never lead, Yarne only cares if he's married to Lucina. Noire is going to use All+2 and take Gerome. A lot of the remaining four are fairly lax about who they get; Severa and Lucina need fast ones (Yarne and Inigo), Morgan and Cynthia care less (Laurent and Owain are left). Thus:

Brady x Nah

Noire x Gerome

Severa/Lucina x Inigo/Yarne

Morgan/Cynthia x Laurent/Owain

There you go. I'd advise using Lucina x Yarne for his 75 Spd vs Anna and Morgan x Owain for the mutual +Str bonuses so they can be mixed. All+2 is good filler anywhere, but will need to be on Yarne for 75 Spd against Anna and Noire for 60 Spd with Gerome (only as a Sniper. BK Noire can go without it). Severa's class is also up in the air with Hero vs BK, I'll go with Hero as you've already got plenty of BKs.

Final pairings:

Lon'qu!Brady@Sage x Henry!Nah@Sage

Gaius!Noire@BK x Vaike!Gerome@Wyvern Lord

+Spd/-Def Avatar!Severa@Hero x Libra!Inigo@BK

Sumia!Lucina@GL x Virion!Yarne@Assassin

Stahl!Owain@DF x +Spd/-Def Cordelia!Morgan@GM

Chrom!Cynthia@DF x Ricken!Laurent@Sage

If that all works for you, I'll do skillsets next.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Final pairings:

Lon'qu!Brady@Sage x Henry!Nah@Sage

Gaius!Noire@BK x Vaike!Gerome@Wyvern Lord

+Spd/-Def Avatar!Severa@Hero x Libra!Inigo@BK

Sumia!Lucina@GL x Virion!Yarne@Assassin

Stahl!Owain@DF x +Spd/-Def Cordelia!Morgan@GM

Chrom!Cynthia@DF x Ricken!Laurent@Sage

If that all works for you, I'll do skillsets next.

That was pretty awesome analysis over there and I like very much those pairings.

Oh btw, I never considered before (and was unexpected) Libra!Inigo outside of VV Sage, so as BK is he gonna use vengeance's powered brave bows?

I gonna switch Laurent with Gerome for Cynthia, since NoirexGerome is the only repeating pairing from my lunatic+.

and the skillsets too? that would very much help :3

Inigo is likely going to want to stick to Brave Swords because he has Swordfaire and no Bowfaire. He can keep one on hand anyway in case he gets a chance to use it, but without LB (and with Agg up front as well) your offense will be a little low so having a Faire active is important.

If it's a matter of aesthetics Gerome and Laurent can be switched without any Spd penalties, but keep in mind that right now Gerome's Str and Laurent's Mag bonuses match up with who they're supporting, and if you switch then they won't and you'll lose a good deal of power. There might be another way to get rid of Noire x Gerome if you don't want to use them- I'll check in the morning (Hero Donnel!Kjelle comes to mind (bench Noire)- Cynthia and Laurent can stay together).

that last paragraph made me think well on those pair up bonuses for my lunatic+ file, most of the gen2 kids are no married yet (Have already A support done) and I did some changes on mind.

the pairs are now the following:
+Spd/-Def Avatar!Lucina@GL x Lon'qu!Laurent@Sage (already married by in-game purposes)

Chrom!Morgan@GM x Libra!Nah@Sage

Ricken!Owain@DF x Donnel!Noire@Sniper

Gaius!Kjelle@General x Frederick!Inigo@Hero
Stahl!Severa@BK x Gregor!Gerome@WL
Virion!Brady@Sage x Henry!Cynthia@DF

in that way no longer repeat the pairings that u already suggest.

Edit: Anyway, thanks so much for your help Czar :D

Edited by Joycdonnell

For the most part my team is set, but I'm just considering a few small tweaks and testing the viability of a few sets. For reference, here is what I had and decided on, as well as their current/possible setups.

Sumia!Lucina + Libra!Owain (Sniper + Sage/Berserker)

+Skl/-Def Avatar + Chrom!Cynthia (Falco + Sniper)

Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan + Stahl!Laurent (Sniper + Sage, Wyvern + Berserker)

Lon'qu!Severa + Virion!Yarne (Wyvern + Berserker, Hero + any pair up, considering Dark Flier + Sage)

Gaius!Kjelle + Frederick!Inigo (Dual Assassin, Wyvern + Berserker/Hero and probably a few other things too)

Henry!Brady + Vaike!Nah (Sage + Hero, Dual Sage or Sorc + Sage, considering Berserker + Wyvern Lord)

Donnel!Noire + Gregor!Gerome (leftovers) (Bride + Berserker/Assassin)

Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (+Skl/-Def) x Stahl!Laurent

-This was the 100% Dual Strike + 75 speed Sniper/Sage setup I had set out to kill things at 3-range. Morgan runs LB/GF/AS+2/Spe+2/Defender and Laurent runs LB/AS+2/Skl+2/Agg/TF.

For the most part I'm finding myself very happy with this setup - This pair more than exceeded my expectations in terms of how well they compliment each other both physically and magically. However, I am considering moving Gregor over to Laurent, mostly because I'm running into a few deployment issues with kids. Donnel!Noire + Gregor!Gerome did end up getting benched most of the time, so I'm trying to see if there's a better place to put Gregor since I know he benefits a few kids. As you might guess, Laurent is a strong candidate to give him more mileage as a unit. The big downside of giving him to Laurent, however, is that I lose the setup that was its selling point to me. Stahl with Archer gives just enough skill to run the setup I want, and Gregor is 1 skill short due to lacking Archer, meaning either I don't get 100%/75 speed, or Morgan has to drop Galeforce to get it, which is a pretty big sacrifice.

The only other options to maintain 100 DS/75 speed Sniper/Sage would be Virion, who doesn't give Vantage(not needed in a support, but it's nice to have) or Lon'qu who gives enough skill, but is very much liked by Severa.

Lon'qu!Severa + Virion!Yarne

If I'm making Severa strong physically, it's a little tempting to move Stahl over to Yarne if he has a chance of being free if only for the extra firepower. But again, this is largely dependent on whether or not it's worth moving Stahl off of Laurent with his and Morgan's setup. Losing Sage isn't a huge deal, but I could see it hurting Severa if she goes 75 speed Dark Flier. Dark Flier Severa might want a magic pairup due to lacking Tomefaire. Basically, it's trying to determine whether or not upgrading to Stahl for Yarne is worth losing the prior setup with Morgan and Laurent and weakening Severa's Dark Flier option.

Henry!Brady + Vaike!Nah

In the end I did stick with this setup. I did strongly consider Gregor!Brady + Henry!Nah like was suggested earlier, but decided to forge ahead with this, mostly because they're still quite strong hitting both physical and magical sides of the spectrum, but also because since 69 speed was the main benchmark after 75, I figured that if I couldn't hit 75 with Henry!Nah/Gregor!Brady, it'd just be better for Nah to go Sage instead for the power/hit difference meaning that I wouldn't need Valkyrie. (Vaike!Nah seems to be OK with 0 mag since she can run Tomefaire) However, given the potential father shuffles outlined earlier, there may be a chance to improve this setup a bit. The only issue is that if I want to justify using Nah as a Valkyrie, Brady would need a faster father to take maximum advantage of her speed boost.

I'm also considering possibilities for a physical set to play around with, since Henry passes a few classes and good enough physical mods. I run Berserker + Wyvern Lord with them, although I'm worried that Brady as a Berserker Galeforce lead is problematic, especially since both partners use axes. Given their speed stats, Brady can afford to run Hex or Anathema over All Stats+2, which mitigates this a bit, although it might still be a little concerning.

Edited by HeoandReo

So, I tried to do a Hard/Permadeath run (it's my first FE, I'm a newbie, please don't hate me D': ) after a Normal/Casual one, and I wanted to have solid pariings and children. I should have posted here before, though xD I sadly didn't give Owain and Inigo Galeforce, but that's pretty much the only mistake I did. (A big one, though ;_; ) So, here are my pairings, that I balanced between usefulness and personnal tastes !

Male MU x Cordelia (Linfan and Severa are beasts. Monsters. Goddesses. Even more than that x') )

Chrom x Sumia

Libra x Olivia

Lon'Zu x Lissa

Gaius x Maribelle (Brady, you're so awesome, pal)

Vaike x Zelcher

Stahl x Palne (Yarne, I like you so much xD)

Ricken x Nowi (I first paired her to Stahl, but it was too close to pedophilia for my taste D: )

Virion x Miriel

Frederick x Sully

Henry x Tharja

I don't know if they are the best possible pairings, but the dialogues between them all were really great, and their children are awesome. ^^

-This was the 100% Dual Strike + 75 speed Sniper/Sage setup I had set out to kill things at 3-range. Morgan runs LB/GF/AS+2/Spe+2/Defender and Laurent runs LB/AS+2/Skl+2/Agg/TF.

You've got 100% Magical DSes. Before spending valuable skill space on multiple +2 skills to get 75 Spd, it's probably a good idea to check if any if the targets you want it for will actually survive without it.

Throne Anna has 58 Def/Res. Your Morgan has 89 Atk (Brave Bow) =15 damage, Laurent has 99 Atk (Celica's) =20 damage. Together that's 110 damage- she's going down whether you ave 75 Spd or not.

I don't know if they are the best possible pairings, but the dialogues between them all were really great, and their children are awesome. ^^

Sounds cool. Are you asking for advice for a future playthrough, wanting me to rate your pairings or...

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You've got 100% Magical DSes. Before spending valuable skill space on multiple +2 skills to get 75 Spd, it's probably a good idea to check if any if the targets you want it for will actually survive without it.

Throne Anna has 58 Def/Res. Your Morgan has 89 Atk (Brave Bow) =15 damage, Laurent has 99 Atk (Celica's) =20 damage. Together that's 110 damage- she's going down whether you ave 75 Spd or not.

OK. Looks like Anna should be fine then. To be honest, I'm much less worried about Anna and much more worried about the Sniper though. Running the calcs with their attack power, I get 4 + 26 + 26 = 56 per hit assuming Brave Bow. (I think that's what it is with forged max might Longbow too after Dragonskin/Pavise+) Brave Bow beats the Sniper, but not anything else.

If that's the case, I might then still be able to get away with using Gregor!Laurent rather than Stahl!Laurent. I'd just have to run Skill+2 on Morgan instead and use Brave Bow on the Sniper when it comes, assuming I opt to combat him with Morgan + Laurent if it's convenient for them to do so. Alternatively, that could still give me room to have another skill fill in for Speed+2. (Maybe AT or Bowfaire or something) The main reason why 75 speed is important is to deal with Anna/Sniper at 3 range though, so I might still look into that.

Dealing with Anna at 3 range is nice, but fighting NS at 3 range is actually no different than fighting him at 1 range. 3 range is nice to take down his mooks, who have Counter (note: nice, not necessary) but isn't any different against him than a good melee pair (or magical 1-range).

If you need that 75 Spd/100% magical DS, you may want to drop Stahl!Laurent in favor of someone with more Skl, say, Virion!Yarne. You're a few points of Atk above what you need for Anna when doubling, but are tight on Skl, so switch your asset to Spd, can Spd+2 for something else, and get a higher Skl husband. Laurent can fulfill many of the roles Yarne is currently doing for Severa, so they may be a good choice.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I've already got a base team of seven pairs of units I'm currently rolling with on my latest hard classic save. However, I'm considering adding another child pair to the roster. Here are the available kids and dads.

Kjelle

Noire

Nah

Gerome

Yarne

Vaike

Gregor

Henry

Libra

Gaius

Frederick

Ricken

What are some good pairings with the current mix of available fathers, and is it worth it to train them? (I've got the necessary DLC)

Thanks in advance.

Gaius!Kjelle stands out pretty massively from the rest of the pack, there. If you want another unit, definitely use her.

She makes a great Paladin with LB/GF/Luna/Astra and your choice of Swordfaire or Lancefaire, along with a +3 Spd support (Berserker, Hero, Bow Knight). She can also be a very capable Wyvern Lord with the same set (swap out Astra or the Faire for All+2 if you want to use her in Apo).

Those are her main sets, though she also has a very high Skl Assassin for 100% DS builds and a moderately speedy General.