Gaius!Kjelle really is something special. Being so similar to LQ!Severa is awesome.

I also see Henry!Gerome in there. That's definitely worth considering if you want to add a hard support to the team. Hexathema Berserkers are :wub:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which skill would be useful to pass down to stahl!Yarne? My yarne will be paired up with virion! Severa as a zerker and my run is on lunatic plus to play skrims and Apo. I can't think of a situation I'd want str+2 or the breakers except perhaps against Anna I could use lancebreaker but I should be using hit +20 anyways.

Hey there!

I currently plan to do another Lunatic run and kind of feel like marrying Lissa this time. I know it's by far not optimal to do so, but in the last few playthroughs before I always went for Gen 2 and just don't feel like doing so again, while she's one of my favourite first generation characters.

Now I liked to find out if there's any asset/flaw-combo for MU that's vastly superior in this case (for postgame stuff/Apo mostly, where both children will likely end up as magic users). I thought about +Mag/Spd in combination with -Lck/Skl/Def already, but then again -Def might not be so cool for Lunatic ingame.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Can someone explain why Sage with Celica's Gale is better than Sorcerer with Waste? Waste Sorc is stronger but Celica's Sage is more accurate. I've always considered Sage better, but I don't know how to respond when someone says that the extra power of Waste matters more. Is the accuracy thing enough to make CG better?

Can someone explain why Sage with Celica's Gale is better than Sorcerer with Waste? Waste Sorc is stronger but Celica's Sage is more accurate. I've always considered Sage better, but I don't know how to respond when someone says that the extra power of Waste matters more. Is the accuracy thing enough to make CG better?

copypasted from a different thread:

Waste has 10 Mt and 45 hit.

To gain this much, you need 10/1=10 forge points in Mt and 45/5=9 forge points in hit, so 19 points total. 19 units of raw power.

Celica's Gale has 4 Mt, 80 hit. That's 4/1+80/5=4+16=20. 20 units of raw power.

Celica's Gale is actually more powerful in this regard.

It's only when the unit has dozens of hit rating which entirely go to waste (sry lol) that the Waste tome pulls ahead of Celica's Gale.

Waste has potentially 6 more mt than Celica's, if you consider that your unit can reclass to sage instead, which has 2 more magic, that advantage of 6 mt shrinks to 4 mt only. But you lose 35 hit rating at base and 7.5 hit rating from the 5 skill that sages have over sorcerors. That's 42.5 hit rating.

If 4 might is worth 42.5 hit to you, then a sorcerer with waste is better, otherwise not. There are some other small things like pair-up bonuses, which were not accounted for, as well as sages having staff access.

Edited by Knusperkeks

In addition (and just for fun) there is an scenario using Libra -unpaired & without skilsets- attacking a random General -who have Apotheosis stats-

[spoiler=Example]
08 MT / 100 Hit Forged Celica's Gale
13 MT / 070 Hit Forged Waste (max Hit)
Libra- Sage w/Tonics
Mag Skl Spd Lck
49 46 44 46
Libra- Sorc w/Tonics
Mag Skl Spd Lck
47 41 42 46
Random General without Skillset
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80 75 55 66 50 60 65 50
General's avoid = 105
Libra-Sage's Attack = 49 + 8 = 57
Libra-Sorc's Attack = 47 + 13 = 60
Libra-Sage's Hit Rate = 100 + 92 = 192
Libra-Sorc's Hit Rate = 070 + 84 = 154
Hit Rate vs General -Sage = 87%
Hit Rate vs General -Sorc = 49%
Damage as Sage = 7 + 7 = 14
Damage as Sorc = 10 + 10 = 20....if you no fail both hits

Long time lurker on the forums just wondering if I could get some info on my current parings

ChromXSumia

SullyXGaius - Not sure what skills to pass down

Mu +Magic -Def x Lissa - What skills should my avatar be passing down, also classes builds for Morgan and owain

CordeilaXVirion - should I do lon'qu or virion and again not sure on skills

Parings I'm not so sure about are Panne,Nowi,Miriel,Tharja,Cherche,Olivia(Any I might have forgotten to post)

I do know that I want gerome,yarne,noire( giving up GF to be a hard support sniper or donnel for GF) and Laurent to be support units.

Edited by Scarlet Slayer

...I have never seen a Spoiler do that before.

*checks*

Huh. It looks like formatting the

text causes it to load, but not work.

really? I used the format from the BB code page http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode
maybe is obsolete, is a error or I'm doing wrong :/

Long time lurker on the forums just wondering if I could get some info on my current parings

ChromXSumia

SullyXGaius - Not sure what skills to pass down

Mu +Magic -Def x Lissa - What skills should my avatar be passing down, also classes builds for Morgan and owain

CordeilaXVirion - should I do lon'qu or virion and again not sure on skills

Parings I'm not so sure about are Panne,Nowi,Miriel,Tharja,Cherche,Olivia(Any I might have forgotten to post)

I do know that I want gerome,yarne,noire( giving up GF to be a hard support sniper or donnel for GF) and Laurent to be support units.

Gaius should pass Axebreaker (if she gonna use lances or have more breakers in general) or Sol (for grinding purposes) to Kjelle.

Owain & Morgan get an op +7magic / +3speed / -1attack so they can be both sages or try Dread Fighter/Dark Flier/GrandMaster (but sage is the fastest & strongest class mentioned for them)... of the skills to pass to Morgan idk, I only can see HP+5 (for vengeance builds) and Warth (for niche critical builds), the rest are not worth (no Axefaire since mostly she gonna use tomes).

Both Virion and Lon'qu are good fathers for Severa (but having as only proc Vengeance) and both gives good mods (but Lon'qu + point more on speed & skill than Virion). She can be a Wyvern Lord with any of those two, but with Virion she is more versatile since gives bowfaire & tomefaire (so she can be sage / dark flier / bow knight / sniper / etc), meanwhile Lon'qu make her a good Hero.

On the personal I like Donnel!Noire because makes her a good sniper by giving her galeforce, AT (because can't get I can't get other Double Bow) and HP+5 (increase little bit Vengeance damage, bu t can't put both together w/AT since 5 slots limit sniff..). The mods are fine (but not awesome compare to other children).

the rest is a world of combinations with Stahl & Ricken left, so at last can say that you can make Laurent full hard support with just a dad that boost his magic or give a Vantage father (like Lon'qu, Stahl & Gregor) for a VV set (but you should give him a wife with a big dual strike % like Lucina for example).

really? I used the format from the BB code page http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode

maybe is obsolete, is a error or I'm doing wrong :/

*Checks*

It's because you copy/pasted directly from the bbcode page- that text uses a different font size and color than normal. If you just type it normally it'll work fine.

My fav otp's are

ChromxOlivia

InigoxGerome

TharjaxLonqu

OK. Are you looking for advice or...?

and the skillsets too? that would very much help :3

Also I just realized I never got around to this, so here you go...

Lon'qu!Brady@Sage x Henry!Nah@Sage:

Brady will be using his standard set here of Luna/Galeforce/Aggressor/Tomefaire. You don't have LB for the last slot and can put whatever you like there as a result; All+2 is an option but it won't make a difference for his Spd. Lifetaker might be fun as he'll pretty much never need to be healed, Deliverer is also a good option since both him and Nah have only 6 Mov (I'd recommend this one, personally). He can also add Astra to have a much higher average damage output. Nah needs Tomefaire for her damage output, All+2 is an option on top of that for a little more. Anathema is very useful on her as well to patch up your -20 Hit from no LB- they'll likely be at 100% on most enemies with it. It also has the nice side effect of boosting your Crit, so you could put Focus on her as well if you feel like it (or Dual Support+ for Henry's crit). Nah will likely stay in the back because Brady is faster, but if she ever wants to come up front (against slower things), Vengeance or Deliverer are good options as well.

Gaius!Noire@BK x Vaike!Gerome@Wyvern Lord:

Galeforce on Noire is mandatory. Gerome is going to have some Hit issues (he normally does, so no LB makes it worse), so you'll definitely want to run Anathema as well to patch him up. You'll also need either Swordfaire or Bowfaire depending on what you want to use- Bows are generally better in Apo so I'd recommend that (however, Swords would put you at 1 range, meaning you can use Hex instead of Anathema). All+2 is an option if you want to use both, but isn't necessary. For the last two slots, using both Luna and Astra together is a very powerful combination that she should consider, though if Swordfaire is used it's also possible to use just Luna and run both Hex and Anathema. Gerome only cares about +Atk/Hit skills: Aggressor and Axefaire are definitely in, and All+2 is a very good option too. He's kind of low on general +Hit skills, unfortunately- you may have to make do with Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker. Using an inherited DSp+ is also an option.

+Spd/-Def Avatar!Severa@Hero x Libra!Inigo@BK:

Bosskiller pair here. Severa cleanly hits 69 Spd without All+2, so she'll want stuff with which to fight the Helswath Berserkers and Anna. Galeforce and Vengeance are very important here, as is a Faire. Which one you take doesn't really matter as they'll come out to the same Atk on the Berserker, your role against Anna is more likely to be pulling her off her Throne than actually fighting, as she lacks ranged Braves to bypass Counter (want to fix this? Switch to Bow Knight and use All+2). Lancebreaker is useful if you're staying in Hero since it gives Anna very little Hit on you. Either way, also consider using Armsthrift on one or both of them, as they're likely to be one of your most-used paires. Inigo will want GF/Agg/Vengeance as main skills, and should also bring Swordfaire. Anathema is a good option for his last skill, as their main job is to fight very high Avo enemies, but he can run Armsthrift too if he wants.

Sumia!Lucina@GL x Virion!Yarne@Assassin:

Another Bosskiller pair. Lucina hits 70 Spd without All+2, and Yarne hits 75 with it. Lucina will want to use her staple set of Dual Strike+, Aether, Luna and Galeforce- since you've got no LB, put Lancefaire in the last slot. Yarne's All+2 is given, he also needs Aggressor and Bowfaire. He has 67 Skl and 62 Lck supporting, giving him 131 base Hit- 231 with a +3/25 Brave Bow. Hit+20 will boost that to 251 (6 shy of 100% on Throne Anna, not that he'd want to be in the back for her), making Hit+20 a very worthwhile investment to complement his 100% DS. He's still got room for one more: Strength+2 is probably his best bet in this case (you've got guaranteed Dual Strikes, might as well make them stronger).

Stahl!Owain@DF x +Spd/-Def Cordelia!Morgan@GM:

Morgan has 65 Spd without All+2. She's not hitting 69 unless you use both All+2 and Spd+2 (which is an option...), but I think you've got a decent set of Bosskillers already. Adding just All+2 will put you at 67 though, which is enough not to get doubled by Anna if you ever want to fight her with them. It's up to you. Otherwise, Morgan will need GF, followed by a procstack: Ignis, Astra and Luna are all available, and you can choose two of them (I wouldn't advise not using Ignis). Finally, you can choose a Faire (or All+2 if you want to use both), or Anathema (especially if Owain wants to use Axes). Owain himself wants to do pretty much the same thing as Brady: GF/Agg/Faire/Luna/Astra. He can use whatever Faire you want (he's got them all), Morgan will boost both of them. He also has Hit+20 available, but I don't recommend using that.

Chrom!Cynthia@DF x Ricken!Laurent@Sage:

Cynthia is going to be doing exactly the same thing as Lucina, sans DSt+: GF/Luna/Aether/Tomefaire. In the last slot, you can do whatever: All+2 gives a little more power (no new Spd thresholds, though), and you could always run Hit+20 or something as well. Dual Guard+ is an old standby I hardly ever recommend, but it might be nice filler here as well. Laurent just wants power: Agg/TF/All+2 are good, and Hit+20 couldn't hurt either. Anathema works nicely in the last slot.

Those are all the child pairs, but Chrom and Avatar are very strong too, and you shouldn't brush them off:

Chrom@GL x Sumia@DF:

Since Chrom gives a huge +9 Spd boost on top of Sumia's +3 Spd mod, she's actually in a very good position to be a Bosskiller: 66 Spd as a DF before All+2. She'll hit 70 with All+2 and Spd+2, and has room for both with GF/Luna/TF as her other skills. Chrom himself will probably never come up front with a wife that good, so he just needs support skills: Agg, DSt+, Hit+20, All+2 and Charm are about all he has. However, giving him Skl+2 on top of All+2 will bump them up from 98% DS to 99% DS, which may be desirable (never as great as 100%, though- but you'll only get that with Mjolnir or Mystletainn on one of the two (if you do do that, you don't need Skl+2 on Chrom for 100%). Switching Sumia to Falco while keeping Skl+2 on Chrom would also bring them up to 100% (and let Sumia remove Spd+2), but the loss of Celica's Gale might hurt too much. It's up to you.

+Spd/-Def Avatar@GM x Cordelia:

Cordelia doesn't have very many lead skills: GF, Anathema and Vengeance are good, and she's got plenty of room to run Lifetaker and Armsthrift as well just because. Like Sumia, she'll have to choose between Falco and DF, but this time 100% DS isn't on the line. However, she won't be expected to fight Berserkers either, and has Lancefaire but no Tomefaire, so it's a lot closer (well, she could reach 69 Spd as a Falco with All+2 and Spd+2... But don't do that). Avatar can do pretty much anything- Agg and a Faire (or two Faires, or All+2) are obvious, and Hit+20 never hurts. Since Cordelia is using Anathema, you could put on Solidarity for a critstacking build, if you like, and of course there's always room for Armsthrift.

No summary this time because there are too many choices for that.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So I was just wondering,who is the best father for Kjelle to get GF?Gaius or Donnel?

I nor mainly go Donnel or I just don't bother with GF and go Vaike but I want to try something different and maybe go Gaius.

Advice?

Edited by Azz01

The biggest fiasco with Gaius and Donnel come with the matter of "am I bothering woth Noire and Kjelle." In a vacuum, Gaius is a more desirable father in general over Donnel in most situations on serenes.

Gaius is pretty massively superior to Donnel if you're trying to get out as much performance as possible, but often leaves you with few/no good options for Noire. If you're not going for perfection, you won't notice a difference between the two and could do either.

Currently trying to get the most usuable, strong units for fun. Only locked in marriage is Chrom/FeMU due to not trying it before. Dont have access to Dread Fighter yet. This isnt for clear purposes, just for fun/crushing stuff, maybe fool around with a good streetpass team.

In that case, you should focus on minimizing class overlap, spreading around high Mov options, and optionally trying to pair Armsthrift units together. Dark Knight, Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Dark Flier and Valkyrie are all good classes to spread around, as is access to Deliverer. Procs are fun but not terribly important, and everyone should have access to at least one reliable method of healing (Sol/Renewal/Lifetaker). Try to stay away from weaponlocked classes, especially Swordmaster and Trickster.

Severa has pretty much everything she needs, but Stahl, Virion and to a lesser extent Lon'qu can make her even better. Kjelle and Noire will want to split up Gaius and Donnel, who gets who doesn't matter too much but Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire will give a slightly better class distribution. Owain mainly wants Ricken, Stahl or Fred. Brady is similar to Severa and pretty much good to go, Henry/Gregor/Kellam/Lon'qu might be nice on him. Laurent likes Gregor; Fred and Virion are also options. Gerome would really appreciate Stahl, Ricken, Virion or Henry. Yarne likes Fred, Virion, and Stahl, Libra and Gregor are also options. Inigo really likes Fred, Stahl, Virion and Libra. Nah really likes Vaike and Henry, Fred and Kellam could be fun too (you could also give her Donnel/Gaius if Noire can do without one). Finally, Cynthia likes Fred and Henry (and only has three options, so don't be lazy about giving her one!).

You're going to have to leave one 2nd gen male unpaired, and I'd advise it being Yarne. He's very powerful in Apo, but extremely limited at the other things he can do, and I rarely enjoy using him in non-Apo postgame.

Alright, so first post here. I'm a long time Fire Emblem fan, and actually used to use this site all the time for figuring out growths, average stats etc. So always been a fan. Anyway, I played this game when it first came out. I haven't played in at least a year and a half though, and I couldn't remember who I paired up with everyone. Looking at this thread though, I can tell theories have changed a lot over that time. And I'm honestly not trying to be lazy, but there's just so much content in this thread that I feel like looking through every post trying to find the answer to my questions is going to do nothing but frustrate me int he long run. So when I was first playing, the general consensus were pairings that would give you the "nosferatank" build. Or the darkflier/sage support builds. And I just found that to be boring and redundant and it kind of burnt me out on the game. And not that either of those are out of the question necessarily, but variety is nice. So if anybody could help me out that'd be nice. Even if it's just like "Hey, these are some of the more accepted pairings today." Like apparently people like Virion now, who knew. Stuff like that. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Thanks Czar. The way I worked it out ended up:

Cordelia+Lon'qu

Sully+Donnel

Tharja+Gaius

Lissa+Ricken

Maribelle+Kellam

Miriel+Gregor

Cherche+Stahl

Panne+Frederick

Olivia+Virion

Nowi+Vaike

Sumia+Henry

Will post on how it goes afterwards. I dont think I messed up anywhere but we'll see. Posting from phone is tough. Be back.

Hey there!

I currently plan to do another Lunatic run and kind of feel like marrying Lissa this time. I know it's by far not optimal to do so, but in the last few playthroughs before I always went for Gen 2 and just don't feel like doing so again, while she's one of my favourite first generation characters.

Now I liked to find out if there's any asset/flaw-combo for MU that's vastly superior in this case (for postgame stuff/Apo mostly, where both children will likely end up as magic users). I thought about +Mag/Spd in combination with -Lck/Skl/Def already, but then again -Def might not be so cool for Lunatic ingame.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Noone really seems to have noticed this, so I guess I'll just bring it up again.

So when I was first playing, the general consensus were pairings that would give you the "nosferatank" build. Or the darkflier/sage support builds. And I just found that to be boring and redundant and it kind of burnt me out on the game.

That's probably because they actually are boring and redundant.

Anyway, real quick overview: ingame, you want to pair for the parent stat boosts early on, and then marry for giving children strong starting skillsets (and classes, where applicable). So for example, you might pair Fred and Sumia early on while she's getting started and he's still fighting, and then you could switch Sumia to Chrom and Fred to Lissa, so Cynthia can inherit Aether and good Spd/Str from Chrom, while Lissa can become a decent combat unit with Fred's Def boosts and Owain can inherit Luna from Fred. There's not a major science to it, and if you're playing below Lunatic there's no real penalty for doing things wrong (or much of a wrong way to do things, for that matter). Examples of pairings that pretty much everyone agrees are fantastic on Hard/Lunatic (not Lunatic+ though) are Chrom x Avatar, Chrom x Sumia, Avatar x Cordelia, Avatar x Nowi, and Gregor x Miriel. Other units, such as Fred, Libra, Lissa and Olivia can be easy to build support with off the front lines and are good for getting children, and still others like Stahl, Panne and Cherche can turn out to be great combat units with a little investment and will be fine going with whoever gives them their stats all the way.

Non-Apo postgame: I covered it in my previous post, check there.

Apo: what most people optimize for. In general, a pair with 75 Spd and 220 Hit can do just about anything you could ask of a pair (double anything in the game, have 100% hit on all non-bosses), and that Spd threshold can be brought down significantly (69, 66 and 60 are the next tiers down) if you're doing a challenge run or for whatever reason are short on Spd. But it's not a hugely difficult threshold to hit, anyway. 160 combined Skl will also give you a 100% DS rate, this is very useful but also takes up most of a unit's resources and isn't automatically something you should go for (I have it on everyone in my team and while it's a very solid team that was a lot of fun to make, I don't recommend it to others). Some typical builds used in Apo:

DF x Sage: only boring if your entire team consists of them- they're powerful and you should still keep one or two at all times.

Sniper x Sage: 3-range magical Dual Strikes are probably the best way to kill bosses. This is particularly potent if the Sniper is Lucina so you have 100% DS, but anyone can do it.

Sniper x Berserker: same principle as above, but more emphasis is placed on the Sniper's output and ability to double bosses.

Sniper x Assassin: a high Skl combo for 100% DS builds. Also enjoys high proc rates. Can be made up of any combination of Snipers, Assassins and Heroes, but this way is the most common.

Wyvern Lord x Berserker: Severa's flagship set. A Wyvern with a +5 Spd mod or better, All+2 and a Berserker support reaches 75 Spd while maintaining 8 flying Mov and 46 base Str. They sometimes have Skl/Hit issues but are so strong that they might as well be unsurvivable anyway.

Paladin x Berserker: Similar to the above but trades in flight and some Str for better Hit and lower Spd requirements.

You can mix and match classes and come up with your own sets, but those ones are the most common and generally very good. Occasionally you'll find uses for replacement classes: for example, Henry!Nah's Valkyrie is a good substitute for Dark Flier, and Heroes give the same Spd boost as Berserkers while completely alleviating any present Hit issues.

Skill wise, males typically want to run either LB/Agg/GF/Faire/Proc (Luna/Vengeance) or LB/Agg/All+2/Faire/Hit+20, and females run LB/GF/Faire, one of Luna/Vengeance, and Aether/Astra/Ignis if Luna or All+2 if Vengeance. Lucina replaces her Faire with DSt+.

There are a few other more character-specific builds out there that don't fit under a general analysis. Let me know what (if anything) you'd like elaboration on.

Noone really seems to have noticed this, so I guess I'll just bring it up again.

Oh, sorry. Def will actually be a manageable flaw ingame if you're high enough ahead of the curve- you might have some trouble with Cht.2 if you don't get good growths in Pro, but it's fairly easy to muscle through with some resets. Once you make it to Cht.4, you can use Renown to patch your stats up and get far enough ahead that you'll only be a few points off normal when the difficulty catches up. Just make sure you know how to funnel everything into Avatar and you'll be fine.

Mag is probably your best bet if marrying Lissa. Be really aggressive with her Heal and try to level her up as fast as possible to get GF in time for Owain- you'll likely want to go through Sage instead of Pegasus Knight.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thank you Czar. I know that the game itself is beatable without doing all this optimizing. And indeed even apo is, not by me, but by people. I've only ever tried apo once and didn't know about getting LB from RnR3. So I got my ass handed to me, hence my looking into all these things. Then it just kind of turned into a weird obsession and I barely even wanted to play the game anymore because I was like I MUST HAVE OPTIMAL PAIRINGS. And for some reason for me it's hard to not operate in that mindset. But it basically seems like you want to spread galeforce and luna around as much as possible, as well as snipers, presumable for the high skill and 3 range you mentioned. Which to me sounds a lot more fun. One question I do have though is, are faire/aggressor that much better than having another proc, say astra( not that it's the greatest, but with these high skill builds it seems like it could be fairly doable,) and proc stacking for the men?

Procstacks usually outdamage Faires (and sometimes Aggressor) up front... But they don't do anything in the back, whereas Agg's effect doubles there due to Braves hitting twice. I generally don't recommend going without it.

Remember, that's just a general summary- spreading GF and Luna everywhere will get you somewhere, but there are some places where doing that will passively or actively hurt your team and others where not doing it won't matter at all, so don't get overzealous about it.

I looked over my Crit stacking build I posted previously and realized that Henry!Owain @ sorc (V/V/W/gamble/GF) does not have focus and is only able to reach 125 crit with FeMU @ hero (DSp+/Anathema/solidarity/.../...) as support (the calculations include the sklill tonic and +10 skill from rallies). I prefer not to use DLC skills except rally love but i'll use them if needed. Does anyone have any better builds or perhaps any suggestions? This is for L+ skrims so all i need is 145 crit. I should mention that i don't care which unit the build will revolve around. I'm solely interested in getting a single unit to get 100% crit.

Edit: Just recalculated the math and I forgot to add Owain's base stats (skill/2=20) which gives me 145 crit. Idk what is wrong with my math today.

Edited by bodybagfor8bucks