If you ask me, I shouldn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to get a situation where RFK shines.

I'm not saying RFK is great. It's mediocre at best, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. The statement I made is this:

RFK Inigo is great ingame, for example.

The point is that Inigo can make great immediate use of RFK. It's about him primarily, not about RFK.

If I got to choose between Aether and RFK, I would pick RFK on Ingio, for ingame. Because forged weapons and Armsthrift love +5 luck (thats what RFK contributes towards AT). Incidentally, if you hate leveling Olivia, he can get +4 Luck from her as well, which will give Inigo +18% armsthrift at base without any luck.

He might be a player, but he is really careful with his equipment.

I also think that the Myrmidon tree doesn't offer many skills that I'd want, along with the alternative being one of my favoured classes.

Well if you do it like me, you read a book and spam dance for half an hour to reach lv 30 and instantly reclass into Assassin. These 5 levels until she learns Lethality are gone by quickly.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I find 10% Sol/AT to be a pretty big deal on a kid that quickly, especially with such high exp gain.

Then again, I never have had much trouble with his Paralogue, so I usually wind up getting him early. Having Olivia as a Lv.15 DF makes a really big difference.

I'm not saying RFK is great. It's mediocre at best, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. The statement I made is this:

The point is that Inigo can make great immediate use of RFK. It's about him primarily, not about RFK.

If I got to choose between Aether and RFK, I would pick RFK on Ingio, for ingame. Because forged weapons and Armsthrift love +5 luck (thats what RFK contributes towards AT). Incidentally, if you hate leveling Olivia, he can get +4 Luck from her as well, which will give Inigo +18% armsthrift at base without any luck.

He might be a player, but he is really careful with his equipment.

Well if you do it like me, you read a book and spam dance for half an hour to reach lv 30 and instantly reclass into Assassin. These 5 levels until she learns Lethality are gone by quickly.

I'm not trying to say it's bad - just that it's uses are, sadly, rather limited. I can't think of much other than those two ideas you brought up.

Not going to argue against that, but that doesn't mean nearly as much for someone like me who rarely, if ever, forges.

I hate getting bored, so that's instantly off the table. I mean, hey, that's a half-hour that I could've invested in another game.

I'm thinking about starting the apotheosis grind again, except on normal casual so it takes less time. Only does that make apotheosis easier?

No, it doesn't - Apo is equally hard no matter the difficulty.

How far are you into the game, and how much do you plan on deploying Gerome?

Playing Hard Classic I grind quite a bit. Just beat the chapter where you get Say'ri. I'm kinda just experimenting with things as I go.

Edited by LordTaco42

Playing Hard Classic I grind quite a bit. Just beat the chapter where you get Say'ri. I'm kinda just experimenting with things as I go.

In this case, I believe Aptitude is the way to go. Think of it like this: Every 10 level ups you gain with aptitude active means that Gerome gains an "All Stats+2" skill. Additionally, Hero is a great class by itself. Reclassing Gerome into a Hero is a great move to give him balanced stats and recycle his base Axe weapon rank.

Essentially, I believe that inheriting Aptitude and working towards Sol is a better call than inheriting Sol and having to go through 10 levels of suck as Villager just for Aptitude.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Okay, I got a new copy of Awakening from a friend who didn't like it.. and I decided to complete his save file up to apotheosis. And his pairings are kind of a mess...?

Anyway, my real issue is with his MU who kinda married Miriel and doesn't even seem magically inclined (he's never been reclassed so far because he's still a grand tactician with its skills and his highest stat is speed. With magic being the second-lowest). Anyway, the big point is, considering that at least Laurent gets to choose everything in the skill department, basically, what skillset would you give him considering he's going to serve as a support, probably paired up with Lucina? I usually go tomefaire, LB, DS+, AS+2, Magic+2 to have him as a.... literal nuker (with him being Ricken's son) but with so many classes to choose from I'm not sure to go with it?

As for Morgan, I do really have to see how her stats go up. (it's just me or miriel is probably one of the 'common' wives who gives one of the worst kids outcomes?)

Okay, I got a new copy of Awakening from a friend who didn't like it.. and I decided to complete his save file up to apotheosis. And his pairings are kind of a mess...?

Anyway, my real issue is with his MU who kinda married Miriel and doesn't even seem magically inclined (he's never been reclassed so far because he's still a grand tactician with its skills and his highest stat is speed. With magic being the second-lowest). Anyway, the big point is, considering that at least Laurent gets to choose everything in the skill department, basically, what skillset would you give him considering he's going to serve as a support, probably paired up with Lucina? I usually go tomefaire, LB, DS+, AS+2, Magic+2 to have him as a.... literal nuker (with him being Ricken's son) but with so many classes to choose from I'm not sure to go with it?

As for Morgan, I do really have to see how her stats go up. (it's just me or miriel is probably one of the 'common' wives who gives one of the worst kids outcomes?)

The children's base stats partly depend on their parents stats. It pays off to train the parents for a bit as long as they level up easily.

For pure support Laurent as Sage good skills are:

Aggressor or Magic+2 or Anathema

All+2

Tomefaire

Dual Support+

Hit+20

He can also be a Berserker support, even if he is predisposed for magic.

Aggressor or All+2

Hex if Lucina is phyiscal melee, otherwise Hit+20

Anathema or All+2

Axefaire

Limit Break

You should take your time training up units, that map can be really difficult if you go in blindly without sortieing stat capped units.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Play two games at once then.

Ehhh, that's going kinda far to make up for the fact that dance abusing just so Olivia doesn't gimp Lucina is as exciting as watching paint dry. Personally, I consider the pairing as a whole rather underwhelming for all the crap I have to go through just to make it happen, so I absolutely refuse to do it.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I don't know if this is the right spot but what would be the best pairings and skills to inherit to make strongest possible manakete?

I was thinking making a manakete with armsthrift ignis galeforce sol and vantage but I have no idea how to go about getting the skills inherited as as far as I under only the last skill from parents get inherited so would it even be possible to get such a manakete?

Well Armsthrift on a Manakete I personally never find useful since it's not like they have anything else and they're fairly cheap. For all of those skills though you'll yourself need to marry Nah or Nowi, though for Nah you could do Gaius for Galeforce, Vantage, Sol (look at me pushing my favorite ship) he's not recommended if you plan on keeping her a Manakete though. Morgan is your best bet for the strongest possible Manakete. Kellam!Nah I wouldn't suggest because of the -3 speed mod (With the -2 from both parents and the +1 from being a kid), Vaike!Nah gives great mods with 5 strength and the +strength Avatar giving morgan +9 strength mods, and +6 defense.

Marrying Nowi though will give Nah AND Morgan the moveset you want since the avatar passes everything, so you get two great kids there with not as great mods. Plus I do believe it's preferred to marry a Galeforce user if you have a male Avatar for DLC Apotheosis reasons in which case if you feel a need to do so, you'd have to marry Gaius!Nah or Donnel!Nah since Nowi or any other Nah can't have galeforce. Donnel!Nah gives Armsthrift, Galeforce and Sol from your preferred Moveset and Gaius again gives Sol, Vantage and Galeforce from it. Though, Kjelle and Noire make use of it a lot better then Nah can.

If you want two great kids with said moveset marry Nowi.

If you want one great kid and aren't worried about your avatars use outside Main game Marry vaike!Nah (this can also be fixed by A rank with Lucina, or if you don't really value Galeforce that high then go for it.)

If you are worried about non-Gale partner and still want good Manakete kid Marry Gaius!Nah.

I don't know if this is the right spot but what would be the best pairings and skills to inherit to make strongest possible manakete?

I was thinking making a manakete with armsthrift ignis galeforce sol and vantage but I have no idea how to go about getting the skills inherited as as far as I under only the last skill from parents get inherited so would it even be possible to get such a manakete?

Assuming you mean strongest at caps, it's some variant of Nah!Morgan, often Kellam!Nah!Morgan for maximum tinking. If you want the strongest in-game, without grinding, it's probably the Nah and Morgan who result from Avatar x Nowi. Also, even if you are grinding, while Nah!Morgan is slightly stronger than Nowi!Morgan, Avatar!Nah is a lot stronger than anyone else!Nah, so you still might consider Avatar x Nowi for two amazing dragons instead of one amazing dragon.

The Manakete(s) will have to get most of the skills herself/themselves. You'll want Veteran early on to make getting the skills faster. You could inherit it, or it's a quick reclass to Tactician. Once you have all the skills you can reclass back to Manakete.

Armsthrift - Mercenary 1

Ignis - Grandmaster 5

Galeforce - Dark Flier 15

Sol - Hero 5

Vantage - Myrmidon (forgot the level, not sure why you want it on a Manakete)

That skillset has very poor synergy and won't work well on anything, especially a Manakete.

The strongest (in terms of minmaxing/Apo) is Nah!Morgan. There are a couple things she can do but mostly she'll just want to procstack (Luna/Ignis or Ignis/Astra) to make up for her lack of Brave weapons. However, since Manaketes are primarily ingame units with high growths and tanking potential but a huge dropoff once other units catch up, that's far from the most useful thing you can do with them.

For that, you'll want to be either a +Def or +Spd Avatar on Hard or Lunatic (not Normal or Lunatic+), reclass to Merc and marry Nowi. Nowi should stay in Manakete for the entire game. Nah and Morgan should either inherit Veteran and reclass to whatever they want immediately- probably Merc or Cavalier- or something else (Sol, AT or Ignis) and reclass to Tactician. After 1-2 non-Manakete base classes, have them go through two promoted classes, one of which is Dark Flier, before reclassing back to Manakete and staying there for the whole game.

All right, I asked for advice on pairings a couple of pages ago, and got some nice feedback. I have a few more questions based on some of my decisions to tweak what I had.

-I decided to drop Nah and Laurent, and now I find myself with a Gregor!Noire (this cannot be changed, Tharja and Gregor are already married). To anyone who has used this pairing: what's a good class and skillset for her? I'm torn between a few different ideas. Her husband will be Libra!Inigo. Is there anything notable that Gregor should pass down?

-Speaking of Inigo, what are good classes for him with this particular wife and father?

-I want to make Gaius!Kjelle a Paladin, just for some variety (I already have a Wyvern Lord in Virion!Severa, which will hopefully be worth those awful Virion and Cordelia supports). I'm planning on her husband being Henry!Gerome. Is Berseker still a good support class for a Paladin, or would something else be better? I can swap Gerome with Stahl!Yarne if I must, but I prefer Yarne being paired with Severa.

-Luna or Ignis on a Sage Morgan? His parents will be Ricken!Owain and +Mag-Def FeMU.

All right, I asked for advice on pairings a couple of pages ago, and got some nice feedback. I have a few more questions based on some of my decisions to tweak what I had.

-I decided to drop Nah and Laurent, and now I find myself with a Gregor!Noire (this cannot be changed, Tharja and Gregor are already married). To anyone who has used this pairing: what's a good class and skillset for her? I'm torn between a few different ideas. Her husband will be Libra!Inigo. Is there anything notable that Gregor should pass down?

-Speaking of Inigo, what are good classes for him with this particular wife and father?

As a pairing between anon-Galeforce female and a Galeforce male, Inigo will want to take the first kill to secure a Galeforce activation. So you'll want Noire in a class that does decent damage from the support role preferably. Gregor's only notable skill is Axefaire, so pass that on if you want her to be an Axe-wielding Hero for example (the only notable class she has that uses Axes).

Gregor!Noire does lack Tomefaire, so you may want to go physical in this instance, but it's a matter of preference since thanks to Tharja she has even Str & Mag mods.

Inigo can run as anything really, he has well-balanced mods and can go for Tomefaire as a magical class, or use his inherent Sword/Axefaire as a physical. He'll likely just run the standard Maleforce setup:

Limit Breaker / Galeforce / Aggressor / -faire / proc (Vengeance)

The pairing is pretty flexible overall, so you'll really want to decide what class Inigo will want to be before deciding Noire's classes.

One setup just off the top of my head would be Gregor!Noire @Sniper (LB / Bowfaire / Luna / Astra / Hex) with Libra!Inigo @Hero with the setup listed above. Gregor!Noire @Hero would be another if you want Inigo to hit 75 Speed, but then you lose out on 2-3 range utility.

-I want to make Gaius!Kjelle a Paladin, just for some variety (I already have a Wyvern Lord in Virion!Severa, which will hopefully be worth those awful Virion and Cordelia supports). I'm planning on her husband being Henry!Gerome. Is Berseker still a good support class for a Paladin, or would something else be better? I can swap Gerome with Stahl!Yarne if I must, but I prefer Yarne being paired with Severa.

-Luna or Ignis on a Sage Morgan? His parents will be Ricken!Owain and +Mag-Def FeMU.

Yes, Berserker is a great option for Gaius!Kjelle @ Paladin (and physical classes in general). She'll hit 75 Speed (doubles everything in the game), so just slap on LB / Galeforce / Luna / Lancefaire / Astra or some variation thereof and you're good.

Henry!Gerome will likely run a standard LB / Aggressor / Axefaire / Hex / Anathema or some variation to secure guaranteed hit on most enemies.

Luna vs. Ignis mainly comes down to personal preference IMO.

Ignis increases damage by 1/2 of your Str, Luna increases your damage by 1/2 of your enemies' Res. So if your enemies' Res > than your Morgan's Str, then Luna > Ignis, otherwise Ignis > Luna.

Ricken!Owain!Morgan w/+Mag asset will have 28 base Str as a Sage, EDIT: 53 total when factoring in LB, rallies, tonics, and Pair Up (assuming a no Str Pair Up). So if enemies have more Res than this (only a few in Apotheosis), then Luna is marginally better, but against the majority Ignis will be superior.

Edited by burgerkong

I would like to add that Wrath is also good alternative from Gregor if you no want to pass Axefaire to her. She have access to Sniper & Assassin (so have 50 skill without LB & Inigo's Hero/BK boost and have more crit increasing skills like Anathema/DSt+).

That skillset has very poor synergy and won't work well on anything, especially a Manakete.

The strongest (in terms of minmaxing/Apo) is Nah!Morgan. There are a couple things she can do but mostly she'll just want to procstack (Luna/Ignis or Ignis/Astra) to make up for her lack of Brave weapons. However, since Manaketes are primarily ingame units with high growths and tanking potential but a huge dropoff once other units catch up, that's far from the most useful thing you can do with them.

For that, you'll want to be either a +Def or +Spd Avatar on Hard or Lunatic (not Normal or Lunatic+), reclass to Merc and marry Nowi. Nowi should stay in Manakete for the entire game. Nah and Morgan should either inherit Veteran and reclass to whatever they want immediately- probably Merc or Cavalier- or something else (Sol, AT or Ignis) and reclass to Tactician. After 1-2 non-Manakete base classes, have them go through two promoted classes, one of which is Dark Flier, before reclassing back to Manakete and staying there for the whole game.

How is it poor? With stat boost from dragonstone ignis would add a lot of damage, and with sol, vantage will either hit massive damage or heal armsthrift because I hate rebuying and reforging and galeforce is a second attack how is that crappy?

So your saying to make it work I have to marry nowi to avatar?

How is it poor? With stat boost from dragonstone ignis would add a lot of damage, and with sol, vantage will either hit massive damage or heal armsthrift because I hate rebuying and reforging and galeforce is a second attack how is that crappy?

So your saying to make it work I have to marry nowi to avatar?

...but you don't get to choose which you want, Sol or Ignis. Sol > Ignis in terms of skill activation priority, meaning a lot of the time you will heal unnecessarily, or you can get unlucky and miss a crucial heal and die. Not to mention that Armsthrift is worthless since you can't forge Dragonstones at all, so it's literally only for a tiny bit of convenience.

In terms of ingame stuff, it's impractical to get all these skills without excessive grinding, which is why Czar is suggesting you just run through Tactician --> Mercenary.

In terms of Apotheosis, Manakete damage output will always be inferior to practically every other unit outside of Taguels simply because they lack Brave weapons. Manaketes are definitely the 2nd worst class after Taguel for this reason. Dragonstone / Beaststone stat boost does not even come close to making up for attacking half as many times, and their stat caps are generally inferior to boot.

If you're just doing this for postgame stomping with excessive grinding, then you're really at liberty to run whatever you want. Manaketes are cool and all, but they're simply not that good unless you're gonna run them for fun, in which case it's all opinion and we can't really help.

And yes, no other father will give Nah access to all the skills you want.

Edited by burgerkong

Hello, I would like to know the optimal father for Yarne. I want to have my MU marry him and I am planning for her to be +Strength and -Defence. Which father would be best for Yarne in this scenario?

Edited by TheSylveonGirl

Hello, I would like to know the optimal father for Yarne. I want to have my MU marry him and I am planning for her to be +Strength and -Defence. Which father would be best for Yarne in this scenario?

Stahl & Virion are considered two of the most popular fathers for him, since they give him access to Archer and great physical mods overall.

Libra & Henry are other options for their +Hit Dark Mage aura skills, but their mods aren't the most compatible, particularly Libra's. Henry is in fairly high demand as well.

Lon'qu's mods are arguably better (higher Skill & Speed) but Yarne doesn't get anything noteworthy from Lon'qu class-wise.

Stahl & Virion are considered two of the most popular fathers for him, since they give him access to Archer and great physical mods overall.

Libra & Henry are other options for their +Hit Dark Mage aura skills, but their mods aren't the most compatible, particularly Libra's. Henry is in fairly high demand as well.

Lon'qu's mods are arguably better (higher Skill & Speed) but Yarne doesn't get anything noteworthy from Lon'qu class-wise.

Thanks! I think I'll go with Virion since he provides Lifetaker for Yarne.