How's this?

I probably won't change these, but I just want to see how good the kids'll be and stuff.

ChromxOlivia = Lucina and Inigo

Fe!MuxLibra = Morgan (M)

or

MUxTiki = Morgan (F)

GaiusxPanne = Yarne

MaribellexKellam = Brady

HenryxSumia = Cynthia

CordeliaxRicken = Severa

VirionxNowi = Nah

TharjaxStahl = Noire

LissaxFrederick = Owain

MirielxLon'qu = Laurent

SullyxVaike = Kjelle

CherchexGregor = Gerome

alternatively

VirionxCherche = Gerome

GaiusxNowi = Nah

PannexGregor = Yarne

Please rate these! Thnx in advance!

Edited by BurningCandy

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this?

I probably won't change these, but I just want to see how good the kids'll be and stuff.

ChromxOlivia = Lucina and Inigo Decent, and makes the fastest Inigo with Luna, though Aether is the better skill to have two child users of than rightful king.

Fe!MuxLibra = Morgan (M) Libra's mods are... pretty lame, Morgan's not gonna be very good at all.

or

MUxTiki = Morgan (F) Probably the absolute worst possible marriage option for male MU.

GaiusxPanne = Yarne A waste of Gaius. Gaius is most useful on either Sully or Tharja because he can let their daughters have galeforce.

MaribellexKellam = Brady Brady's gonna be extremely slow, and that's probably gonna bite you in the butt later.

HenryxSumia = Cynthia Best non-Chrom option by far, but she still won't be able to procstack without either Gaius's Astra (Horrible idea, Gaius is better elsewhere) or Chrom's Aether.

CordeliaxRicken = Severa Severa's typically physical, so Ricken's a bit of a waste there, but this is... passable.

VirionxNowi = Nah Makes an excellent bride physical support for a magic user.

TharjaxStahl = Noire Not going to be very good. As I said above, she wants either Gaius or Donnel.

LissaxFrederick = Owain Major offensive mod clash and terrible speed.

MirielxLon'qu = Laurent Pretty awesome in-game and decent postgame. If, as I assume due to your marriage choice, your FeMU is magical, this laurent is a WAY better husband for her. Morgan will be so much better statistically it's insane.

SullyxVaike = Kjelle Sully wants either Donnel or Gaius so that Kjelle can have galeforce. If you wanna use both Noire and Kjelle, Donnel is the right choice here, and Gaius for Tharja.

CherchexGregor = Gerome Not the best, but it's... okay.

alternatively

VirionxCherche = Gerome Makes a good bowfaire fighter.

GaiusxNowi = Nah Nah gets galeforce, but no offensive proc besides astra, so it's wasted.

PannexGregor = Yarne If I was wrong and your MU is physical, particularly if she has a skill or strength asset, this is probably your FeMU's best husband option.

Please rate these! Thnx in advance!

Edited by Alastor15243

Try Stahl for all your mixed Owain needs. He's got Sniper and Paladin as strong new physical classes, Hit+20 for hit Berserker, and positive Str/Mag.

Lissa's mods are just terribad so Owain's mods will smell no matter who his father is (barring +Spd Avatar-M, who will actually make him pretty good). You just have to look past them and focus on his class set instead.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So I'm looking at this as my potential pairings:

(+Spd, -Def) MaMU@Cordelia --> Severa

Chrom@Sumia --> Lucina, Cynthia

Ricken@Lissa --> Owain

Lon'qu@Olivia --> Inigo

idk Libra Brady

Donnel@Sully --> Kjelle

Vaike@Cherche --> Gerome

Stahl@Panne --> Yarne

And then Gaius!Noire

I don't really know what to do with the leftovers for Laurent and Nah, Would do Gregor and Fred respectively if I had to.

I really like the MaMU pairing and the Stahl/Panne pairing because they work so well for their mods and classes. Yarne gets +20 hit and other things, MaMU isn't useless in a Falcon Knight pairing with his wife if he is a Grandmaster, granting an easy 75 and staff utility. Severa gets like, everything she wants, and also has great mods. She can do Dark Flier easily, and can hit 75 with Valkyrie (but loses out on the strength mods usefulness).

Ideas?

Edited by Nicholai

Lon'qu!Inigo has no offensive procs aside from Astra, you might wanna rethink that. Inigo likes pretty much anybody with Luna, Lon'qu wants to father a child who can make use of his awesome speed and skill mods and possibly his astra access for procstacking.

You could always move Virion to Yarne and use Stahl for Inigo. Yarne still gets quite a lot out of it and gets Archer either way, even if he has less Str. As for Lon'qu, he can give better mods to Brady since he isn't being used on Severa. Alternatively, if you want to keep Stahl!Yarne, you could do Fred!Inigo or Kellam!Inigo.

As for Nah... Fred isn't all that great on her. I'm not seeing Henry up there (unless I'm derping really hard), and he's great for her, notably as a Valkyrie.

Gregor is great on Laurent. Gregor really helps him be more versatile, giving him a little extra Str for his innate Hex/Anathema Berserker, Armsthrift for non-Apo needs (or Apo if you really hate maintenance), and Vantage if V/V is your thing.

GM doesn't suffer from being outshone by Dread Fighter, it suffers from being outshone by Paladin. I don't think giving DF extra Mag would have too much of an impact on GM's viability.

Plus, even if DF had better magic, Tactician's pairup bonuses are absolutely fantastic. Literally the best concievable pair up bonuses you could possibly ask for for apotheosis, especially for units that use magic and physical attacks.

Oh, okay. My bad.

Sorry for the lack of substance to this post. I felt the need to acknowledge being told I'm wrong, but I really have nothing else to say.

Edited by isetrh

Swap Lon'qu and Libra and you'll be good.

If you want to take advantage of Severa's Str (she's only got +2, so it's not too big of a deal- DF's Lance damage output will still be way lower than its Tome output), be a Wyvern instead. Going DF over Valkyrie isn't worth it for Lances (you'd normally do it for the extra Skl).

Try Stahl for all your mixed Owain needs. He's got Sniper and Paladin as strong new physical classes, Hit+20 for hit Berserker, and positive Str/Mag.

I could always try Vaike since his he can pass down Sol via Hero Class. Then again, +2, +1, +1, +2, +2, 0, 0 looks pretty balance for a ideal Swordmaster sorta...hmmm...

Edited by Formerly Colm

Vaike!Owain is really, really bad. Stay away from him.

His mods stink, just like all Owains, but unlike Stahl, he doesn't have the classes to remedy them- Vaike just gives him Hero and Trickster (which is bad and doesn't count). Hero is good, but it's not what Owain wants or needs.

Well, I wouldn't really consider Vaike!Owain really bad, I mean Vaike's mod would make Owain a decent physical unit. Though in the end, he pales in comparison with others...I just wish there's more options for physical... : (

Relative to the other children, he's pretty goddamn awful :(

Vaike!Owain

+2 Str | +1 Mag | +1 Skl | +2 Spd | +2 Lck | 0 Def | 0 Res

Maiden!Lucina

+2 Str | +1 Mag | +2 Skl | +2 Spd | +2 Lck | 0 Def | 0 Res

Yeahhh ... he has worse mods than Maiden!Lucina LOL and no one's calling her a "decent physical unit"

Combined with a lack of offensive proc & terrible class overlap you have the worst Owain possible imo

Edited by burgerkong

Well, I wouldn't really consider Vaike!Owain really bad, I mean Vaike's mod would make Owain a decent physical unit.

+2/1/2 Str/Skl/Spd is not decent. It's really bad. And he doesn't have the classes or skills to back it up, either, so they're all he's got.

So I've been wondering, there's been some thought as to who makes a good in game partner for MaMU. There's the Pegs, Nowi, Miriel, and Sully. But not too much thought has been put to who is a good in game partner for FeMU since people pair with Chrom and call it a day. So, who would be considered a good non Chrom husband for FeMU?

I'll put in a vote for Stahl. Cavalier Morgan is just too good (double C ranks + discipline is nuts). I wonder how Vaike would do. Kellam's out. Virion? Probably not. Gregor seems appealing. How would he differ from Vaike?

Edited by Ownagepuffs

You could stick with Frederick. It's an awkward question tbh. We don't really have a defined, strongest spouse for MaMU, so it's natural that we have plenty of options for the uncertainty. There's reasons to pick Sumia, Cordelia, Nowi, etc. over one another. There really isn't a reason to pick non-Chrom unless it's self imposed.

I don't really think there are that many good options. There's a reason Avatar-M is preferred for making large teams, and it's not just because of two kids: it's because there are a lot more good females in the game than there are good males.

I'd go Fred or a non-screwed Stahl if I had to, though.

Figured as much. Irysa had some success with LQ in his Lunatic run too, for what it's worth. The only good male units I can think of that stand out, aside from Chrom, are Stahl, LQ, Gregor, Laurent, and Freddy. The rest are simply "not bad". The list of good females is much more expansive. I'd like to do more casual runs in the future to explore what some of the other Shepherds are capable of. A part of me wonders what Vaike is capable of with a speedwings, since he is just a mountless Stahl with no discipline or dual weapon types. speedwings!Kellam top tier?

I feel that Kellam x FeMU would just be a worse version of Fred x FeMU. Besides Fred's statistical and join-time advantages, having Morgan start as a knight instead of a cavalier is clearly a losing trade, not just for the move difference, but skill wise as well.