Lon'qu does not give Berserker

You're going to have to elaborate on that. Not sure what you're exactly trying to say...

Yes, Berserkers are good as supports considering their massive damage output, which judging by this statement you're perhaps trying to say anyone with Berserker is better suited for being the ultimate support than anyone...even though most of the said units that have Berserker play a better role for either frontlining or slinging spells than as pair up bots. In any case, how would that make Lon'Qu!Brady shy from his own roles? Deliverer and Galeforce are really good together. Assassin also allows his partner to overkill in speed. Plus he gets frontlining in the form of Vantage and Luna. Are you saying Berserker as a standalone is what makes a good support unit or are you trying to say a combination of Berserker + Assassin + Deliverer + Galeforce makes the ultimate support, b/c realistically speaking, the only character who can accomplish the latter would then be Morgan, and he's better off being used as an offensive unit. And in any case, pairings will always be lacking in one thing or another, which will be the major reason why optimization is always going to be either pointless or challenging. Again, if you would, just try to be specific with your point because I don't get it, or better yet, maybe I don't even need to get it.

Edited by kDog214

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You are advocating Frontlining without Magic. Theres a lot of things that can be said about this, and its not good at all

2. Lon'qu Brady might have Assassin, but he miss Berserker which is another cool class to play with as a supporter because of the sheer offense. I should note that before these days where peeps goes with Lon'qu!Brady, Henry used to be the favorite Brady because he have Zerker and Sorcerer. I should know because I was the person who promoted Lon'qu Brady back in the day

#Elitist

3. And speaking of Lon'qu, if you want Assassin Brady, just go Vaike. More STR, not overkill speed, not many child actualy want Vaike, unless you are SazukeEX and go NO VAIKE KJELLE EVERYDAY DESPITE THE FACT THAT I WANT GALEFORCE SET UP, an I a replacement for Deliverer with Mov+1

Also Counter Brady is overpowered as fuck. It can One Round Walhart

1. You are advocating Frontlining without Magic. Theres a lot of things that can be said about this, and its not good at all

2. Lon'qu Brady might have Assassin, but he miss Berserker which is another cool class to play with as a supporter because of the sheer offense. I should note that before these days where peeps goes with Lon'qu!Brady, Henry used to be the favorite Brady because he have Zerker and Sorcerer. I should know because I was the person who promoted Lon'qu Brady back in the day

#Elitist

3. And speaking of Lon'qu, if you want Assassin Brady, just go Vaike. More STR, not overkill speed, not many child actualy want Vaike, unless you are SazukeEX and go NO VAIKE KJELLE EVERYDAY DESPITE THE FACT THAT I WANT GALEFORCE SET UP, an I a replacement for Deliverer with Mov+1

Actually, if anyone wants Vaike it's probably going to be a daughter like Nah, Kjelle (yes, I said it), Severa or Noire, considering that he gives access to the Mercenary and Knight class trees. Although Vaike!Brady is badass, and I can attest to this and will do so gladly.

Actually, if anyone wants Vaike it's probably going to be a daughter like Nah, Kjelle (yes, I said it), Severa or Noire, considering that he gives access to the Mercenary and Knight class trees. Although Vaike!Brady is badass, and I can attest to this and will do so gladly.

Eh... I'd argue that Brady wants Vaike more than Noire does. Of the three girls that don't innately get Galeforce, I'd say that Noire wants Galeforce the most, since Kjelle and Nah are able to pull off several sets without it. Noire can too, but it's with Gregor, and that's a bit problematic since Gregor's in high demand and I'd say Gregor!Laurent's a bit better because he has Sage. Vaike!Noire can do the whole Armsthrift-Sol Sorcerer, but so can Donnel!Noire. (as well as getting Valkyrie and Galeforce instead of Thief, though Thief synergizes well with Archer. I'd still say it's a winning trade.)

Brady, on the other hand, just doesn't really care. He can literally take every father from the Vaike Triangle (Gaius, Donnel, Vaike) and come out good, because of Maribelle's bases. Even a hypothetical Maiden!Brady would be more or less usable.

This is a bit tangential, but I'd say that Vaike's best kid isn't Nah or Kjelle; it's Severa.

Edited by Canto

#Elitist

Okay, wow. This is the biggest waste of time...First of all you're stuffing words in my mouth and second, you're making way too many unfair assumptions about me.

1. Lolwut? I could say the same thing about you advocating Berserker Brady, but okay...And how in the world was I exactly advocating that, or where in the world were people (and I don't know, maybe it's just you) exactly perceiving me saying such things. Because I'd rather use Brady as a Sage rather than an Assassin or Berserker for frontlining any day. Or any of my frontliners for that matter, unless they had any physical mods and Sol. Otherwise, they'd just be pair up fodder.

In any pairing threads that have come up, I'm only bringing up points that the majority have brought up in past discussions and adding my own insight to it. I'll admit, my views are fairly limited, but I felt like I've been very fair and respectful about everyone's points of views and opinions, but apparently, you of all people are taking my word as a grain of salt. I feel as though you're taking me for some self-imposing ass-hat who goes around preaching to people the best solution as if they were God's words. I gave you a chance for a rebuttal and you simply come off as just that.

2. Why take this personally? Did you hear me knocking Berserkers? Did I say Berserkers suck?! Did I overstep some bounds that you self-proclaimed "pros" make? I prefer Berserkers on units like Gregor, Chrom!Inigo, Morgan, or Yarne rather than Owain, Brady, or Laurent, who make way better Sages. And are you bringing up this other point, the one where you're the one promoted Lon'Qu!Brady simply because you're pissed about not being given credit where credit is due? Man, grow up! No one cares about shit like that and even if they did, so what? This is a community of gamers. Your goal is for the respect, dignity, and collectivity of the community! Not for some personal gain or vanity. You should be damn grateful that we are able to post comments on here and have discussions! And another thing, you JUST heard me praise Berserkers as one of the greatest support units, AND if you want to hear more praise about them, they're good for going on the offense as well...so again, I fail to see exactly WHERE I'm either being unfair or unjust.

3. How in the world am I an elitist?! I usually go around telling people how to do pairings based on their leftover spares and give them MY honest opinion about them. And if they pick something what others would consider suboptimal, I try to encourage them and give them a solution for it. If you deem Vaike!Brady as a good support unit, just bring up your point instead of trying to piss a few people off, one of them including me.

So thank you for wasting my time, you fucking troll... :')

Im the best troll in this boards, deal with it

/ :Kappa:

1. I mean the part where you mention Assassin and Vantage. Vantage works better when you have Magic because Cellica Fart exist

2. This one is just a joke that is taken seriously so >_>

3. I do. Its called he have Berserker, Assassin, and +1 Mov, and nobody really wants Vaike

But seriously, its just a game. Don't take it seriously >_>

By the way, I'm just gonna walk in here to say that you can't say "back in the day" and "elitist" unless you were playing the Japanese version too last year.

Im Indonesian. i automatically win any kind of argument that put myself in a bad light

Also WEEB and Elitist has different meaning

Lack of research on your parts Rey

Edited by Salesmaster MU

Im the best troll in this boards, deal with it

/ :Kappa:

But seriously, its just a game. Don't take it seriously >_>

No! Like I didn't even know that! xD

But seriously, don't assume things!!! D:<

And I love you too <3

.... well, this escalated quickly

Nothing to see here. Just an odd couple having an argument. xD

Edited by kDog214

By the way, I'm just gonna walk in here to say that you can't say "back in the day" and "elitist" unless you were playing the Japanese version too last year.

*walks out*

.....stay out.... :facepalm::XD:

Okay, so I actually do have a question.

See, thanks to me and my love for supports, a couple of my pairings are... less than optimal, but we're here to talk about one in particular.

I have a Virion!Kjelle. ... Help.

More specifically what skillset/final class should I use to so she can still be a viable unit.

EDIT: Dread Fighter is good on Gregor!Brady, but Sage is miles better on him.

Why sage!Brady? It's not a bad choice, I love sages, but I figure you might as well have him as a DF so he can utilize Gregor's awesome STR.

I was planning for him to have GF, LB, AT, Aggressor, and luna.

See, thanks to me and my love for supports, a couple of my pairings are... less than optimal, but we're here to talk about one in particular.

More specifically what skillset/final class should I use to so she can still be a viable unit.

Assassin. Probably will want vantage, luna, DG+, maybe Swordfaire or astra.

Kjelle already has a relatively good class set naturally. I'd go with paladin and dual guard+, luna, vantage, aegis, pavise or something like that.

Edited by Nobody

Kjelle already has a relatively good class set naturally. I'd go with paladin and dual guard+, luna, vantage, aegis, pavise or something like that.

Why sage!Brady? It's not a bad choice, I love sages, but I figure you might as well have him as a DF so he can utilize Gregor's awesome STR.

Assassin. Probably will want vantage, luna, DG+, maybe Swordfaire or astra.

So Luna, Vantage, PavGis, and Dual Guard+?

All decent skills for Apotheosis as well?

It's your pick. From my experience, he just made one of the bestest sages. xD

Go for Dread Fighter if you want to fully utilize all of the Faires and the STR mod. :)

Huehuehuehuehue! You're on your own sista! >:3

Just kidding! ^_^'

Assassin like Duck said, Paladin as Somebody has suggested, Bow Knight as Meteor has suggested, Sage, or Dark Knight are just fine. She's got access to Sword-, Bow-, and Tomefaire. You just have to consider what role you want to put her in and whether you want mobility, caps, or both. If you don't have DLC, something like Swordfaire/Bowfaire/Tomefaire, Luna, Vantage, Aegis, and Pavise are pretty good together, though this is more for frontlining. If you want her to opt for support, what Duck and Somebody listed is just fine. With DLC, just use what Meteor is suggesting.

And yes, all except maybe PavGis are viable for Apotheosis. If you want opinions on Apotheosis skills...they're like...everywhere. =_=

EDIT: Oh, and proc stacking is a legitimate strategy, so you can run Astra and Luna on the same set if you want.

Edited by kDog214

I'd say go with:

Sage!Kjelle

-Vantage

-Luna

-Tomefaire

-Astra

-Limit Breaker

Virion gives her Mage, so might as well utilize it.

Hah, I did this on my first run of the game...only because I initially shipped Virion and Sully, based on their recruit conversation (sue me). It succeeds in giving Kjelle a rather good Skill and Speed modifier, especially when combined with Limit Breaker. So for some of Kjelle's skills, I'd recommend Limit Breaker, Pavise, Luna, and Vantage.

To this end, I'd recommend reclassing her as either a Great Knight or a Dark Knight. DK!Kjelle accompanied with Limit Breaker is actually pretty balanced out in terms of offense and defense. And because Kjelle already gets Lancebreaker, you can just as easily run Swords on DK!Kjelle without any problem of running into Lance users. Alternatively, you could run Aegis on DK!Kjelle out of fear of being attacked by bowmen and magic users. Or for an extremely unorthodox final skill, you could try Lifetaker, Swordfaire, or Tomefaire. As for GK!Kjelle, same concept, except you can add Swordbreaker and take out Tomefaire. In addition to all this, both give her mobility, with DK giving her more than GK.

That's all the advice I got for ya on Virion!Kjelle.

Edited by Karaszure

clearly the only correct pairing is maMUxfeMU (and of course their offspring need to hook up too)

Wow. Going BEYOND FE4.

MaMU x FeMU produces Rightful God Morgan and Mark.

...what godly skill do those two produce?