• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alastor. I could take suggestions regarding Lucina if she doesn't get too much from a FeMu mother. I'm just looking to optimize her as much as I can.

She makes a fantastic sniper or dark flier, and Sumia gives her a ton of speed to do either. She can also do paladin if you like, and if you pair her up with a berserker on either sniper or paladin, she can hit 75 speed, though that's really only useful for one enemy when it's physical. And Chrom x Sumia will make Cynthia WAAAAAAY better than Frederick x Sumia too, and Henry will still be free.

If you want to make a male Morgan good, I'd highly recommend going +Spd-Def and marrying Virion!Yarne. Morgan's speed mod will be +10, meaning he can do pretty much whatever he wants and still hit 75 speed, and Yarne will be an excellent berserker to support FeMU. Other good candidates are Laurent!Morgan and, to a lesser extent, Gerome!Morgan.

Lucina gets boatloads more from FeMU than Sumia. Dark Mage means she can lead Vengeance over proc stack; vantage if she was leading VV (versus just leading to Galeforce one kill). As a support she gets Hexnathema (and DuSu+... if you had the slots lol). Then she gets class selection for physical/magical options (if you didn't want Sage, Dark Flier, or Sniper).

That's also ignoring potential mod advantages. I know Sumia's mods don't mesh as well for certain restrictions, but it's not like Sumia isn't unsalvageable.

The biggest issue is that she isn't getting an S rank with Morgan. She can lead VV or she can support it with specific pairings that can pass the correct classes. Something like Lon'qu! Laurent. It's up to you how to setup everything. And it's not like you are locked into vengeance based strats. Lucina can still proc stack. She isn't obligated to run vantage or Hexnathema. There are other options and advantages to consider due to the enormous class selection (as well as handpicked mods).

Lucina gets boatloads more from FeMU than Sumia. Dark Mage means she can lead Vengeance over proc stack; vantage if she was leading VV (versus just leading to Galeforce one kill). As a support she gets Hexnathema (and DuSu+... if you had the slots lol). Then she gets class selection for physical/magical options (if you didn't want Sage, Dark Flier, or Sniper).

That's also ignoring potential mod advantages. I know Sumia's mods don't mesh as well for certain restrictions, but it's not like Sumia isn't unsalvageable.

The biggest issue is that she isn't getting an S rank with Morgan. She can lead VV or she can support it with specific pairings that can pass the correct classes. Something like Lon'qu! Laurent. It's up to you how to setup everything. And it's not like you are locked into vengeance based strats. Lucina can still proc stack. She isn't obligated to run vantage or Hexnathema. There are other options and advantages to consider due to the enormous class selection (as well as handpicked mods).

My point was that the benefit to Lucina is minor compared to the cost to both Cynthia and Morgan. And also, I don't think Byron's going to be particularly interested in doing a low-manning 100% VV run, so I don't think many of those advantages apply.

You don't need to do a 100% run to use Vengeance, hex, anathema, and other potential classes. I'd consider Hexnathema almost a free staple on anyone with dark mage (assuming the skillslots are reasonable.

You don't need to do a 100% run to use Vengeance, hex, anathema, and other potential classes. I'd consider Hexnathema almost a free staple on anyone with dark mage (assuming the skillslots are reasonable.

...and they almost never are reasonable outside of no DLC runs, least of all on Lucina, who also has DS+ to equip.

so everyone's gonna just ignore my question again? what is my inquiry less important because i'm not on lunatic? ok then

Yeah, sorry, I think everyone ignored your question because it's rather general and basically asks everyone to do your work for you. We can give general advice, but without some basic information about some particular pairings, or your playstyle, it's a bit much to ask. I can give my classic standby, but why don't you give me a big more information about what you want.

i don't know what you want from me. i've said i don't know anything about pairings at all. ignoring me isn't the right choice though. perhaps tell me where i can learn about this kind of thing. but this being the pairing thread where you're suppose to ask questions about pairings, i thought this was the appropriate place. but i guess i was wrong. never mind then. i'll just figure it out.

If you are expecting us to hand you a list of objectively the strongest pairings and along with the objectively best asset/flaw... Then you are in the wrong place

There is no list that we can give you because it would be full of ass opinions that nobody would agree on. There are so many factors you have to consider. What we need from you is the list of pairings you will not budge from (be it Avatar x Cordelia or Chrom x Sumia). You can leave off a handful like ~2 or 3 you have zero clue for.

We're here to tell you what you can do with math to back it up. Say you want Chrom x Sumia: we can tell you certain spd thresholds she can reach with various tiers based off DLC, classes, and potential spouses' classes. We'll tell you that she can proc stack Aether/Luna. We'll tell you she can be a Sniper, Sage, or Dark Flier as the 3 most core common classes.

We're here to sculpt your dream team to be perfect for you and you alone. The team we help you craft can be complete garbage for the next person who asks because of different preference, play style choices, goals, challenges, and how to define what is fun.

So if you are still interested in making your ideal, perfect team, then you have to let us know what you want and how you want to do it. Tell us what is set in stone. Tell us you are unsure of Lon'qu!Laurent vs Ricken!Laurent and want opinions for both sides of the argument. Tell us you have no clue to do with Yarne, but you narrowed it down to 3 fathers.

Tell us what you want, and I will make it come true.

well i don't expect you to do the work for me but i don't know what i want. i just want the best balance of good children so that everyone is good. or at least decent.

chrom x sumia

is my only solid pair, everyone else is up for grabs. as for play style, i play agressively so i guess i want galeforce on as many people as possible. without overly screwing over another character too heavily. i know it's still vague, but i'm very flexible. i

Edited by izanagi61

well i don't expect you to the work for me but i don't know what i want. i just want the best balance of good children so that everyone is good. or at least decent.

chrom x sumia

is my only solid pair, everyone else is up for grabs. as for play style, i play agressively so i guess i want galeforce on as many people as possible. without overly screwing over another character too heavily. i know it's still vague, but i'm very flexible. i

The important thing to remember is a solid understanding of what each child wants.

Every child who can get galeforce wants to get their hands on Luna or Vengeance (vengeance is advanced), possibly a faire, and galeforce if it isn't inherent to them.

That means Lucina wants a mother with galeforce (Sumia's generally the best), Owain and Inigo want a father with luna or vengeance who suits their offensive mods (generally Ricken, Henry or Libra for Owain, and pretty much anybody with luna or vengeance for Inigo), Brady has everything and just wants mods (Virion and Lon'qu are the best options, and Lon'qu lets him procstack), Cynthia has everything and just wants mods and maybe procstacking or vengeance if you don't like Luna alone (Chrom and Henry both provide this via Vengeance and Aether), and Severa either just wants mods if you like Vengeance or she wants a father who gives her luna if not. Noire and Kjelle want galeforce, generally the best way to do this is to give Noire Gaius and Kjelle Donnel so they can both procstack, Yarne wants a hit boosting skill, Gerome wants faires (or if you give him Henry, he can be almost as effective as a berserker as Yarne can), and Laurent just wants a positive magic mod boost or maybe some nifty skills like armsthrift or vantage.

Morgan wants the second gen with the most to offer for a parent (generally Lucina or Chrom!Cynthia for female morgan or a speed-maxed Yarne, magic-maxed Laurent or strength-maxed Gerome for male morgan).

Nah is tricky and can either function as a full hard support (though somewhat strapped for skills) or she can do the second round up front, though this is actually only practical if you can give her a function her husband doesn't have, otherwise you should just let her husband stay up front.

That's the general gist. Serenes Forest has a list of who offers what, so with that in mind you have everything you need to make a team to your liking.

Well this is a start: the children who can only get galeforce through their fathers are Nah, Noire, and Kjelle. Those fathers are Male Avatar, Donnel, and Gaius. The alternative option is FeMU (who can get galeforce on her own vs male) and only 2 of those children getting galeforce (which typically ends in dropping Nah from galeforce). But if you really liked Nah, we can work with that and drop galeforce from Kjelle or Noire (be it completely dropped from being fielded or just using them as galeforceless units). Again, it isn't that Nah is always the one to be pitched (it's just a typical route to take if you pick FeMU). I need to bash this in your head: there is no size that fits all.

So with that in mind, are there any combinations of father/mother you're leaning towards? The other big names here know more about those 3 kids than I do, I'm sure they're more than willing to give you a short crash course on them. If you preemptively know you are going FeMU and you absolutely hate Noire to the point of never using her, then it makes our job a lot easier.

i actually went male mu. i heard that it was good at the time ( like three or four months ago, ) but i don't remember why. something about marrying one of chroms children and making a great morgan. as for other fathers, i'll say again, i'm flexible. i don't really mind who marries who mostly because i don't know who should.

Alastor and Vascela mostly summed it up, but here's an idea of who gives those things to each kid

Lucina: Sumia, Olivia, Maribelle

Owain: Ricken, Libra, Henry, Stahl

Inigo: Chrom, Stahl, Frederick, Henry, Libra

Brady: Lon'qu, Virion

Kjelle: Gaius, Donnel

Cynthia: Chrom, Henry

Severa: Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Gerome: Henry, Stahl, Virion, Gregor/Vaike

Yarne: Virion, Stahl, Gregor

Laurent: Ricken, Gregor, Libra

Noire: Gaius

Nah: Vaike, Stahl, Henry

Alastor and Vascela mostly summed it up, but here's an idea of who gives those things to each kid

Lucina: Sumia, Olivia, Maribelle

Owain: Ricken, Libra, Henry, Stahl

Inigo: Chrom, Stahl, Frederick, Henry, Libra, Kellam, Ricken

Brady: Lon'qu, Virion

Kjelle: Gaius, Donnel

Cynthia: Chrom, Henry

Severa: Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Gerome: Henry, Stahl, Virion, Gregor/Vaike

Yarne: Virion, Stahl, Gregor

Laurent: Ricken, Gregor, Libra

Noire: Gaius

Nah: Vaike, Stahl, Henry

so

chrom x sumia

gaius x tharja

lon'qu x mirabelle

male MU x lucina/cynthia ( which ever i make a sage idk )

frederick x olivia ( heard fred isn't that good a pops, and inigo is one of the children he doesn't make worse. feel free to correct me since idk shit )

donnel x nowi ( by the looks of it, the only way she gets peg knight so galeforce )

miriel x stahl? ( highly questionable. gives him vantage or dual guard but idk. serious if you got a better choice let me know )

sully x libra ( gives her sorcorer so vantage vengeance? )

cordelia x gregor ( inherit axefaire. she seems to learn pretty good skills by herself )

cherche x henry ( gives him barbarian for axefaire )

panne x kellam ( iffy about this too )

lissa x ricken ( high strength mod and dual guard. owain seems like another of those " good on his own " children )

i feel like half of these are bad choices so feel free to suggest better

so

chrom x sumia

gaius x tharja

lon'qu x mirabelle

frederick x olivia ( heard fred isn't that good a pops, and inigo is one of the children he doesn't make worse. feel free to correct me since idk shit )

donnel x nowi ( by the looks of it, the only way she gets peg knight so galeforce ) Nah really was never meant to be a full lead. Only the avatar can give her both galeforce and procs, and even then she has the worst speed mod of any child in the game, which is pretty damning. She's best off as a hard support who maybe goes up front for the last attack if she has a good reason to. Go with somebody who gives her axefaire, bowfaire, or a good magic mod if you wanna go magical.

miriel x stahl? ( highly questionable. gives him vantage or dual guard but idk. serious if you got a better choice let me know )

sully x libra ( gives her sorcorer so vantage vengeance? ) VV generally requires the whole team to be built around it. You're far better off giving her Donnel so Kjelle can have galeforce and be a frontliner.

cordelia x gregor ( inherit axefaire. she seems to learn pretty good skills by herself )

panne x kellam ( iffy about this too ) All Yarne wants is a hit boosting skill, either Hit+20 from Sniper or anathema from Dark Mage. Kellam offers neither and nerfs his speed stat, making him a poor father for Morgan too incidentally.

lissa x ricken ( high strength mod and dual guard. owain seems like another of those " good on his own " children )

i feel like half of these are bad choices so feel free to suggest better

The rest are fine.

so i guess panne x virion?

and donnel x sully

as for nah, idk who to give her for a father. only ones i have left are kellam, libra, and virion. i was gonna give virion to panne to help yarne's hit rate.but the other two choices don't seem that good because neither gives faires or magic mod. so of the remaining fathers, do any of them benefit the other children so i can switch the fathers around to give nah better choices? sounds confusing but simpply put, can i give kellam or libra to someone else so i can give that father to nah? without hurting the child significantly?

Oh shoot, I missed Miriel x Stahl. Definitely give Miriel Libra and Nowi Stahl. Stahl's benefits are heavily wasted on a magical unit who needs nothing.

Also you forgot The Vaike. Vaike's also a great father for Nah.

Edited by Alastor15243

i coulda swore i used the vaike already.

chrom x sumia

gaius x tharja

lon'qu x mirabelle

vaike x nowi ( inherit axefaire from teach )

sully x donnel

panne x virion

lissa x ricken

miriel x libra

that right? is stahl a better father for nah or vaike?

i coulda swore i used the vaike already.

chrom x sumia

gaius x tharja

lon'qu x mirabelle

vaike x nowi ( inherit axefaire from teach )

sully x donnel

panne x virion

lissa x ricken

miriel x libra

that right? is stahl a better father for nah or vaike?

Depends on what you want to do with them. What are your favorite support pairings?

i don't have any favorites yet. on my first playthrough i didn't recruit them yet out of fear that i might not pass on vital skills that they might need. that being said, i haven't seen most of their supports. as for their actual benefits, i don't know those for the same reason. i started a new file to work from the ground up, needless to say, i'm not that far, i wanted everything set in stone before i start so i don't mess up.

as for vaike vs stahl specifically, preliminary examinations show that vaike is better all around, gives her axefaire, sol, and armsthrift, all of which are good.

Edited by izanagi61