Fred!Inigo will serve you much better than Fred!Gerome will. The latter was a practical joke played on the Gfaqs community a long time ago by someone who wanted to see if they could convince everyone a terrible pairing was top tier.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! Can you rate my Pairings for an apo run pls! Everything is subject to change.

I plan to use:

ChromxSumia

RickenxLissa

StahlxOlivia? - I'm hesitant on what to give Inigo, maybe frederick but that negative speed mod...

VaikexCordelia - I like this pair but now i don't know who goes to nah

GaiusxTharja

VirionxPanne - Leftovers, i guess it's good?

DonnelxSully

GregorxMiriel

LonquxMaribelle - Best brady to my eyes?

HenryxCherche

FeMUxOwain - Max Mag Morgan

Nowix??? - I don't know, maybe frederick? Kellam!Nah was deadweight on a previous run i did...

Stahl and virion are provisionals and can go to other parents if needed

Anyway, here's the team by instance

-Chrom@Bow Knight/Great Lord [Agressor, Bow/Sword-faire, DualStrike+, Hit+20]

Sumia@Sage/Dark flier [Galeforce, Luna, Tomefaire, Dual Guard+]

I don't really know what classes roles since i use chrom as a mobile convoy normally

-FeMU@Darkflier [Luna, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Armsthrift]

Owain@Sage [Luna, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Aggressor]

-Inigo@Sniper [Aggressor, Galeforce, Bowfaire, Hit+20/Armsthrift/Luna] What's better on inigo? so many options...

Severa@Hero [Axefaire, Luna, Galeforce, Armsthrift]

-Noire@Sniper [Galeforce, Bowfaire, Luna, Vantage?]

Yarne@Berseker [Aggressor, Axefaire, Hit+20, Wrath/Deliverer?] What skill should he have?

-Morgan@Sage/Grandmaster [Aggressor, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna]

Kjelle@???

Ironically i can't find a good partner for my best unit, i guess kjelle is better than nah but there's a magic/physical clash on this pairing. I guess i can make moran a grandmaster for overral better pair bonuses for kjelle, but should she be an assassin? a hero? i'm open for opinions

-Laurent@Sage [Aggressor, Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath] - Staffbot.

-Nah is apparently on the bench for now, what a shame.

I'm open to opinions since i have trouble finding a role for each unit on my army of childs.

VirionxPanne - Leftovers, i guess it's good?

One of the best.

Nowix??? - I don't know, maybe frederick? Kellam!Nah was deadweight on a previous run i did...

I don't see that you've left her many options. Nah usually wants Vaike or Henry.

Stahl and virion are provisionals and can go to other parents if needed

Virion!Severa is very nice and would give you Vaike for Nah, but at the cost of a great Yarne. Yarne could take Stahl and be pretty much the same, but then you'd need to give Fred to Inigo. He'll still be good, though- Stahl!Inigo's +2 Spd isn't enough to be useful, so don't worry about losing it.

-Chrom@Bow Knight/Great Lord [Agressor, Bow/Sword-faire, DualStrike+, Hit+20]

Chrom doesn't get Swordfaire.

-Inigo@Sniper [Aggressor, Galeforce, Bowfaire, Hit+20/Armsthrift/Luna] What's better on inigo? so many options...

Luna is usually preferred. Only go AT if he'll be using the Double Bow (forged Longbows are almost, but not quite as good), and he shouldn't really need Hit+20. If you switch to Fred though, he'll need something else to do- try Paladin or Hero.

-Noire@Sniper [Galeforce, Bowfaire, Luna, Vantage?]

Yarne@Berseker [Aggressor, Axefaire, Hit+20, Wrath/Deliverer?] What skill should he have?

Noire's last skill should be Astra, and Yarne's should be All+2.

-Morgan@Sage/Grandmaster [Aggressor, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna]

Kjelle@???

Unfortunately Donnel!Kjelle will never be better than OK, since Donnel's mods are just so terrible. Making her a Bow Knight with All+2 will compliment Grandmaster Morgan nicely anyway, though you'll not have access to Bowfaire for that. Morgan himself will likely want All+2 and Ignis over Tomefaire and Luna, which will give him a much stronger proc, slightly better swords and fix his Spd issues.

-Laurent@Sage [Aggressor, Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath] - Staffbot.

Those skills won't do anything on a staffbot, use +Mag skills instead like TF, All+2 and Mag+2. Healtouch can be a good idea too.

-Nah is apparently on the bench for now, what a shame.

If you do that shuffle to get her Vaike, she'll need Inigo as a husband (or Morgan, if you want to take Kjelle from him). Laurent can go with anyone but her.

I don't see any Brady, Gerome, Cynthia or Lucina so I assume they're all paired already. Remember to give everyone every Tonic before starting (Str/Mag, Skl and Spd are the most important!).

I might have a way to make Kellam a useful Father for once.

Dark Knight Kellam!Laurent: Pavise/Luna/Tomefaire/Renewal/LB.

Kellam's mods used well. Str+1 and Def +3 really help a Dark Knight out, while Pavise is an even further gift. Maybe Frederick is bettter but it allows me to preserve him for Gerome. Both would give Spd - 2 anyway and my plan to remedy this is to pair up with S-Support Dark Flyer Cynthia, just like I would with a Sage Laurent. I mean, it's a shame to miss Ricken's MAG mods but I'm just experimenting. Thoughts?

Edited by Minedreigon

Pavise, Luna and Renewal all have no effect in the back, so Laurent doesn't have any use for them (he's a hard support, unless he's doing a niche 100% crit build). And...

Fred!Inigo will serve you much better than Fred!Gerome will. The latter was a practical joke played on the Gfaqs community a long time ago by someone who wanted to see if they could convince everyone a terrible pairing was top tier.

Fred!Gerome is a major no-go.

Pavise, Luna and Renewal all have no effect in the back, so Laurent doesn't have any use for them (he's a hard support, unless he's doing a niche 100% crit build). And...

Fred!Gerome is a major no-go.

Key part is that when supported BY said Dark Flier, they really do something.

Lol that sounds hilarious, what other practical jokes did they tell?

Hello i am new to Serenes Forest, but not new to Awakening so i am not a Newb. Anyway, I dont what pairing I want to do, and I know people usually post all there pairings below, but my pairing i had was when i looked at IGN and had sullyxKellam. However I have one pairing i need no matter what and that is CherchexRobin. Again, i dont know what modifier to do so if u can help me i really appreciate it!! Thank you!!!

EDIT: Also if u can recomend proper children pairing that would be great.

Edited by ShadowGuy1

Welcome to the forest!

You don't say what you want the pairings to do (context is extremely important in a situation like this), but any of these will serve you well in Apo, which is generally what this thread focuses on:

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Avatar-M x Chrom!Cynthia/Sumia!Lucina > Maribelle/Olivia!Lucina > Severa/Kjelle/Cynthia > Sumia/Cordelia > others

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Fred/Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Child pairings are also context dependent and depend on your parent pairings, so I can't help you there (yet). IGN is a useless and misleading source, btw.

Ok, thanks a lot, i think i will post the final pairings after I see a bit more people respond, but for those who want to help:

Lucina:Need Positive Speed and Stength/Mag mod. Used as an offensive unit.

Owain:FULL MAGIC use, Whatever u find better Luna or VantageVengence

Kjelle: GF non Mag(I think mag kjelles exist XD)

Laurent:Support Unit, paired with a full magic female

Cynthia:Uh, I really dont know what i want for her

Brady:Speedy Sage, Lead Unit

Yarne:Dont know what to do.

Severa: GOOD GOD SO MUCH POTENTIAL IDEK

Nah:Again same with Yarne, no idea what to do.

Noire:GF, Magic Using, Vantage Vengence if possible

Inigo: I heard hes really good with fred, just wanna see if this is true.

THE BEST SON TO EVER LIVE IN THE WORLD:Support Unit, Probably will pair with Morgan because i feel like it.

Morgan:uh, whatever fits?

Lucina:Need Positive Speed and Stength/Mag mod. Used as an offensive unit.

No, she just needs GF since it's easy to get and she doesn't come with it already. Since Chrom is an excellent unit his preference in wives should be taken into account as well; he prefers Sumia.

Owain:FULL MAGIC use, Whatever u find better Luna or VantageVengence

Stahl!Owain goes mixed and is great at it, so being Mag-locked isn't necessary. VV is a bad idea.

Kjelle: GF non Mag(I think mag kjelles exist XD)

Magic on Kjelle is doable but generally a bad idea since Nah and Noire are much better at being non-GF Mag users.

Laurent:Support Unit, paired with a full magic female

Unless his dad is Gregor, in which case you can go mixed. He also has potential with a niche 100% crit build, if you're into that sort of thing.

Cynthia:Uh, I really dont know what i want for her

Aether or bust.

Brady:Speedy Sage, Lead Unit

He's the only one who can do that, so yes.

Yarne:Dont know what to do.

He's best as a Berserker with Hit+20, acting as a hard support for Gaius!Kjelle or Lon'qu/Virion!Severa. His Sniper also is extremely good at achieving 100% DS without much hassle. If Virion and Stahl are both taken, though, he can sponge just about any dad without feeling the hurt and still run a good Berserker (or Hero, if better Hit is desired).

Severa: GOOD GOD SO MUCH POTENTIAL IDEK

Her flagship set with Lon'qu/Virion is as a Wyvern Lord with LB/GF/LF/All+2/Vengeance and a Berserker support (usually Yarne or Robin, sometimes Gerome as well). With Vaike, she'll be an Axefaire/Luna Hero, with Stahl she's usually a Sniper or a Paladin, and with Ricken she prioritizes versatility and can be pretty much anything. Lon'qu has a secondary set as a Swordfaire/All+2 Hero with a General/Warrior support, and Virion has a secondary set as a Tomefaire Dark Flier.

Nah:Again same with Yarne, no idea what to do.

Anything that units burdened with the expectations of standard skillsets can't. With Henry, she can be a critstacking/aura Valkyrie with Vengeance, and can swap into Wyvern Lord with Axefaire inheritance if needed. With Vaike, she can use Axefaire/Luna and be a Hero/General/Wyvern to taste- Hero is usually preferred because it can support Str and Mag equally well. Either way, she can just take +Atk skills if she doesn't want to come up front- this is what she does with her other listed fathers as well.

Noire:GF, Magic Using, Vantage Vengence if possible

No VV, it's a bad idea. Gaius gives her GF, a procstack, and a solid role as an average female lead. Donnel is similar but worse. If you sacrifice GF, more possibilities open up: Vaike allows her to be an epic Sniper with high Str/Spd and AT, Lon'qu allows her to be a Wyvern that can run all three of Luna, Astra and All+2 (giving her a higher base average damage output than Kjelle and Severa), Ricken lets her take full advantage of her innate +3 Mag, and Fred is a low-demand father who gives nice mods for a Sniper.

Inigo: I heard hes really good with fred, just wanna see if this is true.

He's one of the children who can take Fred best, that's for sure. But it doesn't necessarily mean Fred is his best father.

THE BEST SON TO EVER LIVE IN THE WORLD:Support Unit, Probably will pair with Morgan because i feel like it.

You can't have siblings reach S with eachother.

Morgan:uh, whatever fits?

Depends on your asset/flaw.

Hello, and thank you very much for your help in advance.

This is my first FE game, and 1st run of awakening. Currently @ ch.13 and started making children. Lunatic & Casual.

My focus is to make Galeforce/Armsthrift/Luna pairing.

Here is my parent/child pairing. Children with yellow background means they meet the above criteria.

Parent Suitor Child Chrom Avatar Lucina Avatar Chrom Morgan Olivia Ricken Inigo Cordelia Stahl Severa Maribelle Gregor Brady Tharja Donnel Noire Sully Vaike Kjelle Nowi Gaius Nah Lissa Libra Owain Sumia Henry Cynthia Cherche Frederick Gerome Miriel Kellam Laurent Panne Virion Yarne

(Avatar = MU)

I was under the impression that I should be deploying S pairing... but it seems A pairing is okay too since you get same stats from pair up... so I need to rework the below team (your sig's link to the pair up bonus is extremely helpful). Galeforce/Armsthrift remains a priority (all names in red text have Armsthrift).

Assualt Team 1 Chrom Avatar 2 Lucina Inigo 3 Morgan Severa 4 Noire Brady 5 Cordelia Stahl 6 Donnel Tharja 7 Nah Gerome or Nowi 8 Gregor Maribelle 9 Kjelle Owain 10 Rally Bot Olivia

Here are the problems that I am having:

1) I am open to suggestion on which class to use for the above pairing. I like mobility and high skill proc... but it is turning into a clone army of 1 flyer + bowknight or DK as support (Usually primary striker goes magic tomes, support char go physical). I did look into Sol+Nosferatu or waste for sorcerer, as well as VV build... but have not tried them yet since I wanted flyer for high movement.

2) I don`t quite like pairing 6-9 (from the assault team table)... Pairing 6 lacks GF on both chars... so only 1 hit out of Donnel. Pairing 8 - Maribelle has too much reliant for Gregor to proc dual strike (since I am gimping her weapon due to lack of Armsthrift, saving money to upgrade brave weapon for armsthrift people). Pairing 9 - Owain is cousin to Luci, so they should not get S support? So I have Inigo X Luci, Owain got gimped with no Armsthrift.

3) I am only starting to read about 100% dual strike pairing... so have not taken that into consideration at all. I am hoping to work it out for pair 1-3.

4) Nor have I look much into Apoth... although I would like to try it on my current playthru (aim was to unlock lunatic+)... is it too late to fix up the team for it? I prefer to attack than to camp... does it work for that map?

5) I bought the limit break map, as well as dread scroll and bride map. Should I get the all stats +2 one as well?

Skill setup (striker - those that have both Armsthrift & Galeforce):

• Limit Break
  • Proc skill (Aether, Ignis, then Luna or Sol). Luna here for most chars.
  • If no sol, then lifetaker. Otherwise another proc skill. Lifetaker here for most chars, I read that this does not interfere with proc...
  • Armsthrift
  • Galeforce

Skill setup (support - missing either Armsthrift or Galeforce or both)

• Limit Break
  • Dual Guard+
  • Anathema if they have it
  • Armsthrift or whatever is left
  • Galeforce or whatever is left.

Again, thank you for the help :D:

Parent Suitor Child Chrom Avatar Lucina Avatar Chrom Morgan Olivia Ricken Inigo Cordelia Stahl Severa Maribelle Gregor Brady Tharja Donnel Noire Sully Vaike Kjelle Nowi Gaius Nah Lissa Libra Owain Sumia Henry Cynthia Cherche Frederick Gerome Miriel Kellam Laurent Panne Virion Yarne

You should instead phrase it as either Parent x Parent or non-fixed parent!child, eg Avatar x Chrom or Avatar!Lucina. It'll eliminate redundancy and make it much easier to read.

S supports are extremely important as they give an additional 10% Dual Strike over A. For most couples, this makes the difference between ~85% DS and ~95% DS, which reduces your number of failed DSes by more than 60%.

Sol+Nos will get you curbstomped on Apo. So will VV if you don't know what you're doing.

Owain and Lucina still have an S support, so you can go with them if you want.

It'll be difficult to get a 100% DS pair with just a 2nd gen Morgan, unless you're willing to sacrifice a lot for it.

It's not too late to fix up your team for Apo, it can be reliably done without anything that's missable in Casual. But speaking of Casual, completing Lunatic Cas will only give you Lunatic+ Cas... So you'll have to d Lunatic again on Cla if you want Lunatic+ Cla.

Aggression is the only way to clear Apo, you can't beat it by turtling because three of the waves have time limits that will get you kicked out if you don't take initiative.

All+2 is pretty great for patching up pairings, I'd advise it. If money for Braves is also a concern definitely look into Golden Gaffe (Braves are really good), and if you need a grinding map LB3 is exceptional. But then again, I have no idea what your budget looks like so it's your call in the end.

Skill setups: you're missing Agg everywhere. +10 Atk is pretty huge when combined with Braves (a supporting male will hit up to 8 times, which means +80 damage from Agg). Sol doesn't work nicely with other procs and does very little in Apo, so I'd advise leaving it out. Aether and Astra are very strong but also unreliable so only use them on top of Ignis or Luna. Vengeance is a proc too, but never stack it with another because it already has a 100% activation rate. Lifetaker is nice but you really should use Staves for healing and save your skillslots on combat units for more offense. It doesn't interfere with procs though, in case you still want to use it. Finally, DG+ isn't very good, so don't use it if you have anything better (Faire skills, Hit+20, Agg etc).

The [proper] way to post a pairing is Father!Child (or Mother!Child in Lucina's case). It's infinitely easier to read than like 40 names in a row with only spaces. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the synthesized list of your children (in a readable format).

FeMU!Lucina

Chrom!Morgan

Ricken!Inigo

Stahl!Severa

Gregor!Brady

Donnel!Noire

Vaike!Kjelle

Gaius!Nah

Libra!Owain

Henry!Cynthia

Frederick!Gerome

Kellam!Laurent

Virion Yarne

Before I munch on your questions, I'll tell you about S pair up > A pair up on pretty much one reason alone: Dual Strike% (S gets a bonus 10% compared to A).

1. Remember than being unique isn't the same thing as being good. Diversity can be refreshing, but it doesn't really mean you should aim for it. If you end up with a narrow or wide arrangement of classes, then good/bad for you. Don't read too much into having too many similar classes. You shouldn't skip out on a good class just because someone else has it. Also, Sol and Nos aren't highly effective in Apo (which your post listing ~20 characters for "strike" teams imply). I wouldn't recommend V/V either because vengeance is as good as the player (and this is your first time playing). It might be a better idea to have Luna and another proc (the proc %s are not directly additive, but they minimize the chance of a vanilla attack). That also clears up potential skillslots you were worried about.

2. Some of them probably need to hit the bench. You can always substitute a unit for a spotpass unit (wireless menu > bonus teams) and make that unit dedicated for doing a function. Those can be rescue and rallies (Olivia shouldn't be using rallies, she should be using Dance)

3. It might be depending on the classes, skill selection, and so on. I wouldn't eliminate the possibilities, but there are trade offs to get 100% on non-Dual Strike pairs (So Chrom/FeMU + Lucina/Inigo should hit them handily). The one in question is Morgan/Severa based off those factors.

4. Camping isn't really effective on Apo; aggressive playstyle is actually favored over defensive (to the point where defensive is obsolete and poor).

5. Can't comment on AS+2 (I don't have it), but it might help you with Morgan/Severa pairing 100% Dual Strike. I also can't guarantee it would happen if you bought it, so I think you might be better off calc'ing it. On the other hand, AS+2 fits into any filler slot that you don't have anything else for.

Thanks Yoshi, much appreciated!

Good to know on that Lunatic setting... but considering how many time I have to savescrum to max magic on Chrome... maybe classic is not worth it. Is there anything special about classic other than the dying restriction?

Also, does Aggressor works for magic tomes?

As for the proc, I only understand that skills have proc priority of Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance... and only 1 of them can proc at a time. But there is not much reading material on if I should be stacking more than one proc on my char (e.g. Aether & Luna). Currently, Luna is my go to proc if I do not have Aether. I guess I should put in more staves bots.

Aside from S support and rally, is there anything else I should look for to up Dual Strike proc? Any class pairing recommendation that also accommodate for mobility? (High dual strike chance while keeping armsthrift and galeforce).

Thanks again!

1. Classic is bragging rights and classic gameplay. To say "just classic mode" is face value. It might not ever mean anything to you if you don't want to play it.

2. Aggressor will work for mages. It raises your attack--not your strength.

3. The math behind proc stacking can be simple. Let's say you have 50 Skl with Luna and Ignis equipped. Luna has priority over Ignis, so you get a Skl% chance for Luna checked first (50%). You now have 50% of not Luna. That can be any remaining procs and vanilla attack. Only if you fail the Luna check (which is half the time), the game will check for Ignis (50%). But this is 50% of the remaining percent left. So you only get a 25% chance to hit Ignis. You effectively dilute your chance for Ignis by incorporating Luna, but you also dilute the chance of a vanilla attack. You add those percentages for a total of 50% Luna, 25% Ignis, 25% Vanilla. Or, just 75% chance of a proc in general. The more procs you add, the lower the vanilla attack, but it's also a lower chance of the proc happening down on the food chain. Obviously, you will have much, much higher Skl than 50, so your chance of a vanilla attack will be pretty low. It isn't non-existent; it might screw you over once in a blue moon, but your playing with odds much better than vanilla Luna. It's partially reaping the benefit of reliability to an extent (you won't know what you get going into a fight, but you know it's more likely than not to be a proc adding enough to be lethal).

4. Yeah, you need cumulative 160. Remember that rallies will apply to both units, so that can be upward to +20 right there (including heart, 16 without). This is where perhaps a Skill asset (over more common assets such as Mag/Str/Spd), high Skl max class over the high Str/Mag classes come in handy. Then you also sacrifice skillslots for less than prime skills such as Skl+2 or even defender (those points might make or break the 99% to 100%). You might have to sac Armsthrift for the last +1 from defender. We can do a calc for you if you give us your asset flaw. If you did something like +Def/-Skl, then might be shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by Vascela

Post Limit Break, they both have 62 Skill as Snipers. 124 from raw stats. +8 (Sniper pair up) +4 (tonic for each) + 20 (rallies,) = 156

Options; just add them up to 4

Skl+2 (both have access)

AS+2 (both have access, if you buy)

It's in the realm of possibility. If you absolutely were against those, and you really wanted to not include those skills, a Skl asset raises +4 as well.

Also, if you considered adding in those (And possibly defender), you could opt for classes of lower Skl and higher in other stats. Just make sure to balance the equation.

but considering how many time I have to savescrum to max magic on Chrome...

A few things you can do about this.

First off, if you have LB3, put Chrom in Dread Fighter with Paragon equipped and have him tank the map on the bottom right Gate, he'll keep levelling up really fast and you can grind for Mag much faster than mere savescumming. Second, if you get any Rift Doors (easier to do if you have one of the Scramble DLCs, but still a little slow), using them on Cht.23, 24 and 25 yields a Merchant that always carries three stat boosters (or Hammerne/Arms Scrolls). This gives you a pretty good chance of getting a Spirit Dust up for sale.

Finally, maxing Chrom's Mag usually doesn't do anything (except in the niche cases where you want him to be a Tome-using Dread Fighter, or to use a Levin Sword or similar). I usually don't think it's worth it outside of a file you're deliberately setting up for minmax, in which case you should plan out all your pairings ahead of time instead of trying to make the best of what you have.

If you're +Spd/-Lck...

They can do it, but it'll take everything you have:

Morgan@Sniper: 48(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +8(Severa support) +2(Skl+2) +2(tonic) =84

Severa@Sniper: 48(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +2(Skl+2) +2(tonic) =76

That adds up to 160, but sacrificing a skillslot on both units is pretty extreme. If you had All+2 you could upgrade Skl+2 to it on both of them and get a slightly better deal, but running both All+2 and AT usually makes it hard to do anything productive with the rest of the units' skills. Not to mention that Sniper x Sniper, while good for DS purposes, is pretty restricted elsewhere because you have a 40 Spd class with no +Spd pairup and 41 Str on both your lead and support. Even with Longbows, it's not that great.

So I recommend not going for it unless you're really committed to the idea.