• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Noire is saddled with Donnel's hideous mods, Severa will be a far superior choice for Morgan.

Do you have any recommendation on who else to take advantage of Donny`s GF & Armsthrift?

The ladies of Awakening preferred Donnel over Vaike, so had to stuff Vaike somewhere for his Armsthrift as well. It makes the match making interesting when I tried to Maximize the GF/Armsthrift/Luna pairings.

Edited by Bladewind

I usually leave him as a bachelor. One more double Galepair isn't worth it to me.

If you have to have him, Kjelle can take him better than Noire can, but she still doesn't like him (she doesn't like anyone but Gaius, actually).

Thanks Yoshi, I reworked my pairings for next run with +skill -luck:

LB+GF+Arm+Luna+???

MU!Lucina (LB+GF+Arm+Aether+DS+)

Fred!Inigo (LB+GF+Arm+Luna+Aggressor)

Chrom!Morgan (LB+GF+Arm+Ignis+Agg)

Stahl!Severa (LB+GF+Arm+Luna+???)

Greg!Brady (LB+GF+Arm+Luna+Agg)

Don!Kjelle (LB+GF+Arm+Luna+???)

Switched to Fred!Inigo and Don!Kjelle, with priority on skill stat after meeting the GF + Arm + Luna criteria

Children pairing are Luci x Inigo, Morgan x Severa, Brady x Kjelle.

Do you see any gaps or issues for lunatic+ with these 3 pairs? Thanks again :D:

Edited by Bladewind

Pretty much. Using some of those units, such as Donnel, would be begging to get your face blown up. Others, such as Brady, could be feasibly obtained, but they'd have trouble making a meaningful contribution. Severa has the highest chance of success since she'd be good once you got her, but getting Stahl off the ground takes a lot of dedication and a bit of luck, and he's not going to help you much in Cht.5 (unlike some of the other units you could be putting exp into; eg Chrom, Sumia and Miriel).

Ah yes, the first few chapters are painful, but I am quite okay with grinding :XD:

I have been grinding the parents close to 300 rating before I start the children paralogues... so it has been a slow process.

I did follow your advice and got some more DLC. CoY3/all+2 helps out for weaker chars.

Oh and Stahl was good for running people to the corner :D:

Edited by Bladewind

(Avatar in this scenario is Speed Asset, Luck Flaw)

Funny story, the last time I posted here I thought I would be playing FE daily, but instead I haven't touched it in a few weeks...

So after my last post (which I can't remember where it is, but eh), I've been hanging around in the shadows to see what people recommend for children. I don't really remember what I had down for last time, but I think (THINK) I have a better understanding of things. Though it has been a while, so please bear with me for about as long as possible... Please note I am still in Lunatic difficulty, with no access to Lunatic+ or Apothesis, but I do have a lot of streetpasses (I went to a convention)

~ChromxSumia: Sumia!Lucina (Sniper) and Chrom!Cynthia (Dark Flier) (shouldn't need to explain much...)

~OliviaxStahl: Stahl!Inigo (Going through Duck's Inigo guide, I prefer Stahl over Fred since Stahl doesn't bring Inigo's speed down, though I don't know what class to leave him in)

Assassin (pretty good Strength and amazing Skill, but the defensive ability has me weary...), Swordmaster (better defensive ability for small sacrifice in Strength and Skill, as well as no bows (but Amatsu is a thing, so I'm going to sweat the decision a little less)), Hero (not as fast, but can't be doubled via less speed. Slightly stronger than Assassin, and about as much skill as Swordmaster, and bulky enough that I can trust him on the front lines), Warrior (IMO pretty much the same as Assassin if Strength, Skill, and Speed were swapped around), Berzerker (Hit Rate +20 is available on Stahl!Inigo, so it should work...), and Paladin (IMO just a mounted, lance wielding, Skill loss allocated to Resistance Hero)

~MaribellexLon'qu: Lon'qu!Brady (Fastest Brady can be, also Astra)

Trickster/Dread Fighter (really Trickster is just placeholder until I can get my hands on the DLC for Dread Fighter), Sage (I shouldn't need to explain, right?), and Dark Knight (IMO bulkier alternative to Sage that sacrifices Magic and staves for not dying as fast. There are other staff users, I think minus one won't kill me, right?)

~SullyxDonnel: Donnel!Kjelle (There are other options that are more mods-based, but I prefer Donnel!Kjelle for the skillpool that opens up)

Assassin, Swordmaster, Hero, and Paladin (Largely the same reasons as Inigo above, since the two have similar enough caps with the parents I have set for them, only difference is that Kjelle won't have Axefaire for Hero)

~CordeliaxVaike: Vaike!Severa (Between Vaike and Stahl, Vaike was left over)

Hero, Assassin, Swordmaster (broken record, minus Paladin anyways), Bow Knight (really, the caps that Vaike!Severa has are just barely good enough to make me decide to consider this as a minimal priority, but that defense/resistance is a major turnoff...), and Falcon Knight (in my eyes, Falcon Knight is nothing more than a mounted Swordmaster who uses Lances and has Defense and Resistance swapped, but also has access to Staves for healing purposes. Vaike!Severa's magic stat as a FK isn't good... at all... but Severa could always just use Recovers or Goddess Staves)

~CherchexHenry: Henry!Gerome (All things considered, I seen this pairing come up a few times because of Anathema, and I decided it might be worth a look)

Warrior (At least I think this is the class that came up whenever discussing Henry!Gerome), Berzerker (faster alternative), and Hero (the "all else fails" class)

~AvatarxNowi: Avatar!Nah and Nowi!Morgan (Nowi the dragon waifu aside, having two Manaketes who can easily jump into any other class at the touch of a Second Seal when the situation calls for it is always useful in my book)

Manakete (as a base, though I can always jump them into something else should I need to), really whatever class I need them to be that isn't a freaking dragon.

~PannexVirion: Virion!Yarne (I dunno, it was recommended to others though)

Berzerker (Hit Rate +20 looks nice on this one) and Assassin (no Swordfaire, but there is a Bowfaire, and Sniper seems similar enough anyways, just a bit slower. I like being able to counter-attack at close-range anyways)

~MirielxRicken or MirielxGregor: Ricken!Laurent or Gregor!Laurent (I would only consider Gregor as a parent for a mixed attacking Dark Knight, but I had Laurent in mind as a Staff user, which Ricken provides more magic for better staff abilities)

Sage (if Ricken!Laurent) or Dark Knight (if Gregor!Laurent)

~TharjaxGaius: Gaius!Noire (obvious reasons)

Falcon Knight (oddly the caps look like they could work well for Noire, making her both a pretty good flying threat AND pretty good flying cleric), Dark Flier (could work, but I think I'd rather try to keep Noire as a mixed attacker, which Dark Flier typically doesn't seem to qualify as), Swordmaster or Trickster (maybe mixed attacking with swords and Levin Sword could work with these caps, and Dread Fighter isn't an option? I dunno), Assassin (cause everything looks good here for a pure physical attacker), and Dark Knight (I remember somebody saying that Noire would work well as a Dark Knight? Maybe I should go look again for my old post...)

Again, it's been a few weeks, my FE thinking is a bit rusty, and all I've done since then is grind everyone you can get up to Chapter 4 and Paralogue 1 up to their respective level 20's and completed chapter 5. Maybe It'll all come back to me in a few days, who knows, hopefully I'm not misunderstanding anything from what I've been reading.

Hey people of serens forsest.

I'm stuck with having to have 2 what are considered rather good pairings, Ricken X Maribelle and Donnel x Sully. I can marry Brady to Sage FMorgan. What exactly should I do with the children? These are the only 2 children that I have never used or looked into much at all, but I'm thinking obviously something magical for Brady as support bonuses with Morgan will be huge and Ricken's MAG modifier is godly. Can anyone point me in the right direction for Kjelle and Brady?

Welcome to the forest!

You don't say what you want the pairings to do (context is extremely important in a situation like this), but any of these will serve you well in Apo, which is generally what this thread focuses on:

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Avatar-M x Chrom!Cynthia/Sumia!Lucina > Maribelle/Olivia!Lucina > Severa/Kjelle/Cynthia > Sumia/Cordelia > others

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Fred/Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Child pairings are also context dependent and depend on your parent pairings, so I can't help you there (yet). IGN is a useless and misleading source, b

After a lot of consideratio I think i have decided what I think are the pairings I want to do. Again, give any recomendations if you think it should be changed. Also, I think i will need help with an asset and flaw so yeah, please help me with that with the pairing.

Chrom x Sumia: Sniper Lucy and Cynthia, possibly sage if thats any good with this pairing.

Lissa x Libra:(His tome hand can twitch before fates!!!!) Sorceror or Sage.

Sully x Donnel: Hero, i heard that thats a good option for her.

Miriel x Gregor: Support unit, or dread fighter to use Gregors strength and miriels magic.

Sumia x Chrom: Read Above

Maribelle x Lon'qu: Speedy Sage

Panne x Virion:Berserker, not really too positive about this one, maybe Fred instead.

Cordelia x Stahl: Severa is perfect in a lot of pairings, so i placed Stahl, one of, i think, her best father. Paladin, Luna(hahaahhahahahah ha), etc.

Nowi x Vaike: Wyvern Lord so i can use axefaire from vaike?

Tharja x Gaius: Dark Flier is the sole reason. Magic is Noires best thing due to tharja so dark flier noire.

Olivia x Henry/Ricken:Undecided here, but i think Henry is the better bet, the class i have no clue.

Cherche x Robin: No idea here, i think the asset will be something to raise Magic, flaw no clue.

Are these good pairings. I wanna keep Robin and Cherche no matter what btw. suggest any skills if you wanna, tho i can do that later. Thanks in advance.

~OliviaxStahl: Stahl!Inigo (Going through Duck's Inigo guide, I prefer Stahl over Fred since Stahl doesn't bring Inigo's speed down, though I don't know what class to leave him in)

Assassin (pretty good Strength and amazing Skill, but the defensive ability has me weary...)

Actually the only dedicated physical classes with less Str than Assassin are Falco, Trickster and SM (and nobody takes the latter two seriously). Its Str is pretty bad and one of the primary reasons you wouldn't use one.

~MaribellexLon'qu: Lon'qu!Brady (Fastest Brady can be, also Astra)

There are other staff users, I think minus one won't kill me, right?)

Minus 1 staff usually won't kill you, no. Generally it's better to field dedicated staffbots than it is to worry about using turns on your combat units for healing/rescuing, though I do like the versatility of having it as an option.

~SullyxDonnel: Donnel!Kjelle (There are other options that are more mods-based, but I prefer Donnel!Kjelle for the skillpool that opens up)

Mods won't matter as much if you're just fighting Streetpass. Even with LB it's really rare to see something with more than 60 Spd there. Out of those I'd advise Paladin for the high Mov, but keep in mind that Lancefaire Wyverns are really nice too.

~CordeliaxVaike: Vaike!Severa (Between Vaike and Stahl, Vaike was left over)

Hero, Assassin, Swordmaster (broken record, minus Paladin anyways), Bow Knight, and Falcon Knight

What BK lacks in stats it makes up for in utility: it's the only 8-Mov Bow class in the game, which is pretty good. Hero is your other good option, since Axefaire gives it the highest Atk out of all those by far.

~CherchexHenry: Henry!Gerome (All things considered, I seen this pairing come up a few times because of Anathema, and I decided it might be worth a look)

Warrior (At least I think this is the class that came up whenever discussing Henry!Gerome), Berzerker (faster alternative), and Hero (the "all else fails" class)

Berserker is the class that always comes up, actually. Warrior is the higher Hit alternative for Stahl and Virion!Gerome that doesn't give +3 Spd on pairup. Might not matter much for you, though. Since Gerome stays in the back go with one of the first two.

Berzerker (Hit Rate +20 looks nice on this one) and Assassin (no Swordfaire, but there is a Bowfaire, and Sniper seems similar enough anyways, just a bit slower. I like being able to counter-attack at close-range anyways)

Counterattacking at 1 range? You shouldn't be doing that against Streetpass teams. You shouldn't be letting them attack you, period, because they often carry Lethality. But Yarne stays in the back anyway due to no GF so it doesn't matter for him either way.

~MirielxRicken or MirielxGregor: Ricken!Laurent or Gregor!Laurent (I would only consider Gregor as a parent for a mixed attacking Dark Knight, but I had Laurent in mind as a Staff user, which Ricken provides more magic for better staff abilities)

Gregor!Laurent rules at everything.

~TharjaxGaius: Gaius!Noire (obvious reasons)

Falcon Knight (oddly the caps look like they could work well for Noire, making her both a pretty good flying threat AND pretty good flying cleric), Dark Flier (could work, but I think I'd rather try to keep Noire as a mixed attacker, which Dark Flier typically doesn't seem to qualify as), Swordmaster or Trickster (maybe mixed attacking with swords and Levin Sword could work with these caps, and Dread Fighter isn't an option? I dunno), Assassin (cause everything looks good here for a pure physical attacker), and Dark Knight (I remember somebody saying that Noire would work well as a Dark Knight? Maybe I should go look again for my old post...)

DK Noire is a much better mixed attacker than Trickster Noire due to having Tomes, higher Str, and higher Mag. She does work well as one though that's primarily with Apo in mind, so you may not see some of her benefits here.

I'm stuck with having to have 2 what are considered rather good pairings, Ricken X Maribelle and Donnel x Sully. I can marry Brady to Sage FMorgan. What exactly should I do with the children? These are the only 2 children that I have never used or looked into much at all, but I'm thinking obviously something magical for Brady as support bonuses with Morgan will be huge and Ricken's MAG modifier is godly. Can anyone point me in the right direction for Kjelle and Brady?

Donnel!Kjelle isn't good- the only reason why you'd keep her around in an Apo team is if you think a good GF Noire is more valuable than a second Severa (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't).

Anyway, what you can do with her is settle for 69 Spd and then do the same things Gaius!Kjelle would do. As a Paladin with All+2, she can get by without a +Spd support, though she'll have to forgo a procstack due to not having room. As a Wyvern with at least a +2 support (Paladin, Hero, BK, Berserker), she can do it without All+2. As a Hero, she can do it without All+2 or a +Spd support. I'd recommend going one of those ways with her.

Brady is just going to be his usual self regardless of who his dad is: Sage with LB/Agg/GF/TF/Luna. That set is tried and true, though keep in mind that with Ricken there's not much beside it he can do (Ricken only gives Brady one new base class). Unfortunately he also gives Brady no Spd, which is the one useful thing Brady actually can get from his dad, so he'll be fairly plain as a result. Still good, though.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Counterattacking at 1 range? You shouldn't be doing that against Streetpass teams. You shouldn't be letting them attack you, period, because they often carry Lethality. But Yarne stays in the back anyway due to no GF so it doesn't matter for him either way.

Sorry, what I meant was I'd rather be able to retaliate against direct attacks as opposed to being locked into a bow and not being able to do anything.

Gregor!Laurent rules at everything.

...I'm sorry, is this a joke or am I missing something important? Even on a joking scale, what does Gregor offer to Laurent that Ricken can't provide something better than?

...I'm sorry, is this a joke or am I missing something important? Even on a joking scale, what does Gregor offer to Laurent that Ricken can't provide something better than?

oh you have much to learn

What Ricken offers to Laurent:

Magic

What Gregor offers to Laurent:

Good strength without really hurting magic

armsthrift to be an awesome sorcerer (if that's your thing)

Vantage to do VV (if that's your thing)

Absolutely amazing class choices (when he said he rules at everything, he meant it). Launret now has the mods and skills to be anything. Sage? Go for it. Dread Fighter? Well, he has very high strength and magic and faires for any of the three weapons. Need another anathema berserker? Laurent understands. Want a balanced axefaire hero with dua procs? Laurent is ready. He can do anything.

Ricken!Laurent is a sage. There you go, you're done. If you're cool with that, go for it I guess. Gregor!Laurent can be literally whatever you need. He can fill any role your team needs and do extremely well at it. Plus Gregor!Laurent even as a sage misses out on maybe 2 magic points compared to Ricken, which when you're that high isn't a big deal at all. Plus Gregor!Laurent can be a VV sage which is something Ricken can't do.

tl;dr Ricken!laurent is a sage and a sage only and Gregor!laurent is literally everything (including a potentially better sage)

God I love talking about that pairing

I know this is sort of an endless debate, but can someone give a breakdown of Chrom x Sumia vs Chrom x Olivia? I had good experience with the former; I like that both of them can inherit Aether, and I find Chrom!Inigo to be completely unnecessary, but Lucina not having access to stuff like Swordfaire is kind of frustrating.

oh you have much to learn

What Ricken offers to Laurent:

Magic

What Gregor offers to Laurent:

Good strength without really hurting magic

armsthrift to be an awesome sorcerer (if that's your thing)

Vantage to do VV (if that's your thing)

Absolutely amazing class choices (when he said he rules at everything, he meant it). Launret now has the mods and skills to be anything. Sage? Go for it. Dread Fighter? Well, he has very high strength and magic and faires for any of the three weapons. Need another anathema berserker? Laurent understands. Want a balanced axefaire hero with dua procs? Laurent is ready. He can do anything.

Ricken!Laurent is a sage. There you go, you're done. If you're cool with that, go for it I guess. Gregor!Laurent can be literally whatever you need. He can fill any role your team needs and do extremely well at it. Plus Gregor!Laurent even as a sage misses out on maybe 2 magic points compared to Ricken, which when you're that high isn't a big deal at all. Plus Gregor!Laurent can be a VV sage which is something Ricken can't do.

tl;dr Ricken!laurent is a sage and a sage only and Gregor!laurent is literally everything (including a potentially better sage)

God I love talking about that pairing

Jesus, this is the stuff they need to shove down the throats of beginners to being a Lunatic player of FE.

Thank god I took a second to look at Gregor!Laurent then, otherwise I'd be thinking that Ricken!Laurent is the only Laurent... (also the thought of Laurent and his hat in literally any class amuses me now)

I know this is sort of an endless debate, but can someone give a breakdown of Chrom x Sumia vs Chrom x Olivia? I had good experience with the former; I like that both of them can inherit Aether, and I find Chrom!Inigo to be completely unnecessary, but Lucina not having access to stuff like Swordfaire is kind of frustrating.

I use Duck's Lucina guide (and also Inigo's to an extent) as a source.

Chrom and Sumia is considered the best, and perhaps the only, pairing for either of them, and for good reason I guess. Lucina can easily achieve 100% Dual Strike as a Sniper I think it was, or if not 100% then it's in the 90%s, so a non-DS won't be happening often, and Cynthia is given Aether to play around with, which itself is a good skill, but can also be used to skill proc. Their mods favor Speed and Skill heavily, which is always nice, but lower Defense a bit, and also don't touch Strength at all, which sucks I guess, but whatever.

Because Lucina won't be able to use her Parallel Falchion, she won't need Swordfaire at all.

Olivia on the other hand seems to be more favorable to one who wants to keep using Great Lord Lucina, granting Swordfaire without taking away Galeforce and also slightly altering her STR mod. However, Olivia!Lucina is notably slower, and Inigo is left with a skill that he shouldn't need if he is already seeking an extra skill to proc with (which Chrom does give him Luna, so it's all good). But the big thing is that this forces Sumia to marry elsewhere, and her only good, non-Chrom option is either the Avatar, which dulls Morgan a bit and also is limited by the Avatar's gender, or Henry, who could be used much better elsewhere. Freddie and Gaius are NOT options without crippling Cynthia or the army.

So really it depends on if you think you can work around not having Henry as a parenting option elsewhere. Otherwise, Chrom x Olivia is the second best Chrom pairing.

Olivia for streetpass, Sumia for jack of all trades. For someone who wants to do in game, streetpass, and apo all wrapped into one file, (excluding FeMU), Sumia is clearly the strongest choice.

If you wanted to specialize in just one section, then Sumia is always second best. But really, specialization only matters on the fringe beyond theory and challenges, so Sumia will typically eclipse the other mothers. She provides no benefit for me, but she provides excellent service nonetheless to pretty much everyone else.

Sorry, what I meant was I'd rather be able to retaliate against direct attacks as opposed to being locked into a bow and not being able to do anything.

That's what I was referring to, though. You shouldn't ever be in a situation where you could counterattack, range issues or not- because it implies that the enemy will get in a shot, and that adds an element of RNG to your success. Playing properly vs Streetpass, what happens on enemy phase won't matter because there won't be an enemy phase.

Jesus, this is the stuff they need to shove down the throats of beginners to being a Lunatic player of FE.

All that doesn't even cover the best part: Gregor!Laurent is a member of a very small pool of units/pairings that are top tier in both the main story, non-Apo postgame, and Apo (along with Stahl!Yarne, Chrom x Sumia and a handful of others), so with him you don't have to choose between being good in one place while sacrificing performance at something else.

He's even got a resume of use in high-profile situations (he was a big part of Interceptor's Lunatic+ playlog, and I'm using him paired with Virion!Severa in my ultimate team). And if you just want him to do something flashy that almost nobody else can do, he has a 100% crit VV build for Apo that can OHKO any non-Aegis+ 55 Lck enemy in the map, with a 100% hit rate (and it can be modified to work in a no LB/Agg/Rally challenge run, to boot).

Ingame: in both cases, it's possible the have them do a double Galeforce passdown on Lunatic(+), though Olivia's requires significantly more RNG in Cht.12 to pull off (Sumia's is tight, but fairly reliable). Inigo enjoys RK alongside AT/Sol which are easy for him to come by, and has the option of going for Aegis to top it off. Lucina doesn't see any ingame benefit from Olivia as a mother since SMs are bad, but Robin often will see a benefit from Chrom having a son, as it makes family planning easier (regardless of Robin's gender, 3rd Gen Morgan can be produced and married to the opposite sibling for three strong combat pairs out of the same family, alternately Morgan-F can marry Inigo and a potential son of Robin's can marry Lucina for 4 pairs). On the Sumia side, Chrom!Cynthia is one of the few units in the game who can make GK good (Lucina can too, but her skillset is more cramped so I prefer Paladin on her). As far as bases go, Olivia will have 45 levels on Sumia's 35, but Sumia's growths are all equal to or better than Olivia's so I don't consider it too major.

Postgame: Spd modifiers are the most tangible change here (Olivia gives +3, Sumia gives +5, making Sumia one bracket up from Olivia and making her a particularly attractive candidate for a +Mag 3rd gen Morgan). A lot of people will bring up the fact that Sumia gives Tomefaire while Olivia gives Swordfaire, but it isn't actually that big of a deal because Lucina never runs a Faire anyways (LB/GF/DSt+/Aether/Luna). Cynthia and Inigo? They'll get the same ones either way, all Chrom gives is Bowfaire. Though notably, Sniper Sumia!Lucina has enough Spd to double Anna with a Berserker support, while Olivia!Lucina doesn't... The other big factor to consider is that Apo teams tend to use all of the children (they don't have to, but most people do it anyway), and Inigo has a lot more options of a lot higher quality besides Chrom than Cynthia does. Fred!Cynthia wastes her Spd, Gaius!Cynthia is great but hurts Kjelle/Noire too much, and while Henry!Cynthia is good (not great, just good), Henry is a very high-demand father too. Robin!Cynthia would be incredible but that's not likely when every child is being used, as that requires a 3rd gen Morgan. Inigo, though, will be happy with most anyone who gives Vengeance or Luna (though he doesn't care much for Kellam).

I'm pretty late to respond but

Thank you for your suggestions Czar_Yoshi! i'm not convinced by virion!severa tho, i don't like the fact that she doesn't have a proc (i don't use vengeance), so i'm keeping him for yarne.

i'll follow your advice and go for frederick!inigo to free stahl.

I'm on the last details on the team, should i go with Stahl!Nah@Bride + Ricken!Owain!Morgan@Grandmaster and keep the Vaike!Severa or go for the standard Vaike!Nah@Hero and Stahl!severa and just deal with that hair?

Stahl!Nah is pretty nice, you won't have problems if you use her. She lacks a notable strong point like Henry/Vaike!Nah to capitalize on but has lots of lesser options to make up for it, and Morgan is a good pair for someone with versatility as their main selling point. Though keep in mind that Ricken!Owain is really slow and won't give a Morgan that does well in anything but Mag, so even with all that they won't be your best pair.

Chrom and Sumia is considered the best, and perhaps the only, pairing for either of them, and for good reason I guess. Lucina can easily achieve 100% Dual Strike as a Sniper I think it was, or if not 100% then it's in the 90%s, so a non-DS won't be happening often, and Cynthia is given Aether to play around with, which itself is a good skill, but can also be used to skill proc. Their mods favor Speed and Skill heavily, which is always nice, but lower Defense a bit, and also don't touch Strength at all, which sucks I guess, but whatever.

Because Lucina won't be able to use her Parallel Falchion, she won't need Swordfaire at all.

Olivia on the other hand seems to be more favorable to one who wants to keep using Great Lord Lucina, granting Swordfaire without taking away Galeforce and also slightly altering her STR mod. However, Olivia!Lucina is notably slower, and Inigo is left with a skill that he shouldn't need if he is already seeking an extra skill to proc with (which Chrom does give him Luna, so it's all good). But the big thing is that this forces Sumia to marry elsewhere, and her only good, non-Chrom option is either the Avatar, which dulls Morgan a bit and also is limited by the Avatar's gender, or Henry, who could be used much better elsewhere. Freddie and Gaius are NOT options without crippling Cynthia or the army.

So really it depends on if you think you can work around not having Henry as a parenting option elsewhere. Otherwise, Chrom x Olivia is the second best Chrom pairing.

Olivia for streetpass, Sumia for jack of all trades. For someone who wants to do in game, streetpass, and apo all wrapped into one file, (excluding FeMU), Sumia is clearly the strongest choice.

If you wanted to specialize in just one section, then Sumia is always second best. But really, specialization only matters on the fringe beyond theory and challenges, so Sumia will typically eclipse the other mothers. She provides no benefit for me, but she provides excellent service nonetheless to pretty much everyone else.

Postgame: Spd modifiers are the most tangible change here (Olivia gives +3, Sumia gives +5, making Sumia one bracket up from Olivia and making her a particularly attractive candidate for a +Mag 3rd gen Morgan). A lot of people will bring up the fact that Sumia gives Tomefaire while Olivia gives Swordfaire, but it isn't actually that big of a deal because Lucina never runs a Faire anyways (LB/GF/DSt+/Aether/Luna). Cynthia and Inigo? They'll get the same ones either way, all Chrom gives is Bowfaire. Though notably, Sniper Sumia!Lucina has enough Spd to double Anna with a Berserker support, while Olivia!Lucina doesn't... The other big factor to consider is that Apo teams tend to use all of the children (they don't have to, but most people do it anyway), and Inigo has a lot more options of a lot higher quality besides Chrom than Cynthia does. Fred!Cynthia wastes her Spd, Gaius!Cynthia is great but hurts Kjelle/Noire too much, and while Henry!Cynthia is good (not great, just good), Henry is a very high-demand father too. Robin!Cynthia would be incredible but that's not likely when every child is being used, as that requires a 3rd gen Morgan. Inigo, though, will be happy with most anyone who gives Vengeance or Luna (though he doesn't care much for Kellam).

Thanks for the responses.

I usually don't do the full grinding and reclassing to get optimal skills, but what's the suggested build for Sumia!Lucina then? Like obviously you want Aether/RFK/Galeforce, but what final class?

I usually don't do the full grinding and reclassing to get optimal skills, but what's the suggested build for Sumia!Lucina then? Like obviously you want Aether/RFK/Galeforce, but what final class?

As Czar_Yoshi said, you want Limit Breaker/Galeforce/Aether/Luna/Dual Strike+. Rightful King isn't nearly as good a skill as you might think.

If Lucina inherits Galeforce from her mother, the nice thing about this set is that you only have to reclass to Great Knight to get it.