• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm having this issue now, Chrom!Cynthia as a Dark Flier only hits the 69 threshold, and obviously she doesn't have room to run AS+2. Wondering if her support should be switched from Sage to DF or just deal with it.

Even if you did use All+2, it wouldn't make a difference. That's why I said earlier that sibling Lucina/Cynthia run into some issues trying to go magical (Virion!Severa has the same problem). Usually, you'd just go Sage x DF and deal with the fact that your Spd is the same as it would be with Maribelle.

Grandmaster is a slightly preferable alternative to Dread Fighter, should you have one around.

What sounds best is to use Morgan and a handful of Sniper x Sages to meet your magical needs.

Do note that means it will be a female x female pair up... I don't think that's really something ever considered in depth.

The biggest limiting factor there- even more than the DS, I'd say- is the rarity of same-gender supports. There are very few potential combinations one could get away with to do that.

It could probably work, especially with Vengeance involved to eliminate a little of the RNG introduced by dropping to A, but that just lowers the possible pairs even more.

On the same subject, male + male can be made workable as well- Chrom + Chrom!Inigo sounds tempting. It has the added bonus of double Agg, which gives so much power it doesn't even matter much if you miss some DSes.

Whats the threshold for hit again?

220 for mooks, 257 for bosses. Both of those are without WT.

Best physical/mixed Owain to pair with a Physica Sumia!l Lucina? Stahl? Libra? Henry? I've seen other posts outlining how awful Frederick and Vaike are for him despite how easily the supports seem to go.

Stahl, definitely. He gives Owain some great physical classes, which is really all Owain can be given since Lissa's mods stink so badly.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

220 for mooks, 257 for bosses. Both of those are without WT.

So just to make sure I'm doing this right. If you were looking at stahl!gerome in the back row as a warrior with lb/as2.

He'd have 55 skl and 56 luck

so ((55*3)+56)/2 = 110.5 + 5 (bow A WRB) = 115.5

The only other component to consider is the weapon hit? So brave bows have 10/70/0 so you'd probably do +5/+15 forges which would give you 200.5 hit so hit20 would be the best thing for that last slot for him to be able to hit 220?

Even if you did use All+2, it wouldn't make a difference. That's why I said earlier that sibling Lucina/Cynthia run into some issues trying to go magical (Virion!Severa has the same problem). Usually, you'd just go Sage x DF and deal with the fact that your Spd is the same as it would be with Maribelle.

Oh right, she'd still be one point short.

Practically speaking, 69 is totally fine; it just feels weird that an optimal pairing like Chrom x Sumia has the same spd bracket as a suboptimal pairing like Donnel!Kjelle.

So just to make sure I'm doing this right. If you were looking at stahl!gerome in the back row as a warrior with lb/as2.

He'd have 55 skl and 56 luck

so ((55*3)+56)/2 = 110.5 + 5 (bow A WRB) = 115.5

The only other component to consider is the weapon hit? So brave bows have 10/70/0 so you'd probably do +5/+15 forges which would give you 200.5 hit so hit20 would be the best thing for that last slot for him to be able to hit 220?

You are not factoring rallies or tonic (assuming heart included), that's 12 Skl and 16 Luk (or an additional 26 Hit). And if you're a still missing a window, there are still auras to consider since some people on the team should have hexnathema (be it a unit or rescue bot) to pinch nickels. Excluding heart still gives you 22 hit.

You are not factoring rallies or tonic (assuming heart included), that's 12 Skl and 16 Luk (or an additional 26 Hit). And if you're a still missing a window, there are still auras to consider since some people on the team should have hexnathema (be it a unit or rescue bot) to pinch nickels. Excluding heart still gives you 22 hit.

Hmmm. So basically if he was fully rallied/tonic'd and if you did +25hit/3mt he'd hit 256.5. Do these round up or down?

Working on my lonqu!severa x stahl!gerome pair.

Was basically thinking gerome as lb/agg/as2/bowfaire/hitrate20 warrior in back.

For severa either hero lb/swordfaire/gf/as2/vengeance or wyvern lord lb/lancefaire/gf/vengeance/???

Edited by ckc22

Hmmm. So basically if he was fully rallied/tonic'd and if you did +25hit/3mt he'd hit 256.5. Do these round up or down?

Working on my lonqu!severa x stahl!gerome pair.

Was basically thinking gerome as lb/agg/as2/bowfaire/hitrate20 warrior in back.

For severa either hero lb/swordfaire/gf/as2/vengeance or wyvern lord lb/lancefaire/gf/vengeance/???

I'd do Hero if you care about 75 spd (since warrior can't boost spd) and Wyvern if not. Though even with Wyvern you could maybe make Gerome a sword Hero for the spd.

Best skill set for Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan for Future past? I am thinking of doing either Sage, Sorcerer (for fun) or Dark Flier with at least Tomefaire and Galeforce. The rest I am not totally sure of but might go bowbreaker if there are archers on the maps.

I'd do Hero if you care about 75 spd (since warrior can't boost spd) and Wyvern if not. Though even with Wyvern you could maybe make Gerome a sword Hero for the spd.

Yeah pretty much the main difference. the wyvernxwarrior still hits 69 speed

Do keep in mind that since Bows and Tomes can't have WTD (and therefore have their WRB taken away) it's usually helpful to just count the +5 as part of the weapon's base Hit. This often leads to nice numbers as well, like a flat 100 for a 5/15 Celica's.

But yeah, Rallies and Tonics- you need to fully calculate both Skl and Lck to get your Hit. Sometimes, an approximation is good enough, but if you're stretching for an important 100, it's worth it to do the calcs.

Best skill set for Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan for Future past? I am thinking of doing either Sage, Sorcerer (for fun) or Dark Flier with at least Tomefaire and Galeforce. The rest I am not totally sure of but might go bowbreaker if there are archers on the maps.

?? Anyone?

Future Past 1 is mostly Sorcerers and the like, you'll want some anti-magic skills. Since you're on Normal and don't have same-turn reinforcements, this isn't quite as important, but also stock up on +Mov skills to take dangerous ones down quickly- they like to spawn with Mire, and will kill the kids in the center with it, so always check their gear and figure out which ones to go after.

FP2 is full of Wyverns, so you'll probably want Dark Flier with some Wind Tomes to avoid WTD and have an effective bonus (and better navigate the terrain). If you use Tomefaire and a forge, you can probably get some OHKOes.

FP3 is a kill boss map and you should always try to snipe the boss, so just do what it takes to get Chrom and Lucina over there. Morgan might not need to help out too much, unless she's ferrying Lucina.

In general, just always keep GF on her. Ignis and Aether are pretty nice too, but you don't need them if you want the room for something else.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Future Past 1 is mostly Sorcerers and the like, you'll want some anti-magic skills. Since you're on Normal and don't have same-turn reinforcements, this isn't quite as important, but also stock up on +Mov skills to take dangerous ones down quickly- they like to spawn with Mire, and will kill the kids in the center with it, so always check their gear and figure out which ones to go after.

FP2 is full of Wyverns, so you'll probably want Dark Flier with some Wind Tomes to avoid WTD and have an effective bonus (and better navigate the terrain). If you use Tomefaire and a forge, you can probably get some OHKOes.

FP3 is a kill boss map and you should always try to snipe the boss, so just do what it takes to get Chrom and Lucina over there. Morgan might not need to help out too much, unless she's ferrying Lucina.

In general, just always keep GF on her. Ignis and Aether are pretty nice too, but you don't need them if you want the room for something else.

I noticed that even on normal those maps are a pain if you've got under leveled parents and kids. What is WTD exactly? I am not familiar with that.

I do believe that yes, more than likely either Robin or Morgan might do some ferrying (that or have Lucina as a DF/DK so she can make use of tomes...perhaps a DK because her falchion can be used as a concotion...or some self healing skill like aether)

Would the same apply to F!Robin as well? Except aether of course because she can't get it.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Looking for some advice for my pairings. Right now I'm trying a "Eugenics" run. I have access to all DLC. Current objective is to take this team into Apo.But I really would like to make this team as flexible as possible without compromising its full potential.

So far what I have set in stone:

Chrom!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Ricken!Owain

Lon'qu!Brady

I have had some doubts about the Lon'qu pairing as I did some searching that Lon'qu!Severa was also extremely popular as well, and I'd like some insight on that for a future playthroughs.

Gauis!Noire is pretty much set, but I have yet to figure out what skills to pass to her at the moment.

At the moment my biggest struggle is:

-Stahl/Viron!Severa

-Libra(pending)/Fred!Inigo

While the others I have up in the air since I don't know too much about the pairings, but from what I understand it goes something along the lines of

Henry!Gerome

Vaike!Nah

Gregor!Laurent

Stahl(?)Viron !Yarne

All input is appreciated and thanks in advance

Do Virion!Severa and Stahl!Yarne. Severa gets high speed as well as the faires to run Sniper/BK, Dark Flier, and Wyvern Lord. Stahl makes her speed just average (and her hair looks bad). Yarne is fine with either but Stahl's extra str is more valuable than Virion's speed.

Is there an absolute "best" pairing set?

Nothing becomes needed (and by extension, truly "better" in execution performance) until you do ridiculous limitations on Apo like no dlc/no rally.

edit: so no, not really. Some kids just get to have more tools to play with depending on different parents.

Edited by Vascela

Nothing becomes needed (and by extension, truly "better" in execution performance) until you do ridiculous limitations on Apo like no dlc/no rally.

edit: so no, not really. Some kids just get to have more tools to play with depending on different parents.

Do you have a list of what would be considered like the best 2 parents for each one?

Would the same apply to F!Robin as well? Except aether of course because she can't get it.

For skills? Pretty much. Always GF, +Mov is helpful and anti-magic could be good in 1.

-Stahl/Viron!Severa

-Libra(pending)/Fred!Inigo

Virion is definitely better for Severa. Stahl makes her into a good unit, but Severa is someone who really should be above average, and Virion's Spd lets her do that well- she can also put all three of his class trees to use.

Inigo will mostly depend on how your girls turn out and whether you need an extra physical support or an extra magical one.

Do you have a list of what would be considered like the best 2 parents for each one?

Robin x Sumia!Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia > Lon'qu/Virion/Vaike!Severa/Gaius!Kjelle > Sumia/Cordelia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Chrom/Fred/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

The husbands are listed in order obtained, not usefulness, by the way.

Robin x Sumia!Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia > Lon'qu/Virion/Vaike!Severa/Gaius!Kjelle > Sumia/Cordelia

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Chrom/Fred/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

The husbands are listed in order obtained, not usefulness, by the way.

thank you! what about yarne?

Edited by spnc2217

Hmm... ok so I think:

Sumia!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Lucina!Morgan

Donnel!kjelle

gaius!noire

ricken!owain

gregor!laurent

fred!inigo

lonqu!severa