Both would work. +Mag Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is pretty self-sufficient, all she needs is a Sage, and everything else is icing on the cake.

Trying to decide between a Galeboy and a hard support again haha.

I enjoy having these three sets of pairings for my starting core. They all feel incredibly powerful and flexible in terms of overall class selection. I'm starting to enjoy pairings that have lots of possibilities

Sumia! Lucina @Bride or Dark Flier or Great Lord X +Magic, - Def Robin @Grandmaster or Sage

Sumia! Lucina! Morgan @Valkyrie or Grandmaster X Libra! Inigo @Sage or Dread Fighter or Hero (I like the flexibility of Hero + the skill is nice when Valkyrie has so little)

Virion! Severa @Bow Knight or Wyvern Lord or Dark Knight X Stahl! Owain @Paladin/Assassin or Berserker or Sage
Could Owain work as an Assassin? You have nice boosts to strength, speed, and skill, and Stahl provides him with my choice of sword or bowfaire to compensate for low strength.
Chrom! Cynthia @Falcon Knight or Paladin or Sniper X Henry! Gerome @Berserker or Wyvern Lord (I like Paladin on Cynthia because she mentions roleplaying as one as a child in her support with Gerome, but this pairing is also nice because it gives Cynthia the option of going magical if I want)
That leaves Brady, Yarne, and Laurent along with Nah, Kjelle, and Noire. What would be the ideal pairings for these six? I've traditionally done Brady with Nah and Noire with Laurent, but I am completely flexible with these couples. I want them to have unique classes, but understand the freedom that comes with the above 4 will come back to haunt me with these. Kind of lost now.
I am tempted to give Gaius to Kjelle so that she can be something other than another Hero or Paladin. Brady and Lon'qu seem like a natural fit. Noire could do well with either Donnel or Vaike, imo. She can be a Valkyrie with Donnel and the right magic support, no? Without Henry, Nah seems like she'll be hardpressed to be a good magic support for Brady. Maybe, Gaius! Kjelle @ Wyvern Lord X Vaike! Yarne @ Berserker, Donnel! Noire @Valkyrie x Gregor or Ricken! Laurent @Sage or Sorcerer, and Lon'qu! Brady @Sage X Ricken! Nah @Dark Knight or Gregor! Nah @War Monk?

Or could I give Vaike to Noire, Donnel to Nah, and Gaius to Kjelle? I'm lost lol!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy having these three sets of pairings for my starting core. They all feel incredibly powerful and flexible in terms of overall class selection. I'm starting to enjoy pairings that have lots of possibilities

If you're that happy with those four pairs, why add more? You could run just them and a bunch of Staffbots.

Astra is unreliable for Apo, especially when in comes to enemies with Counter...

Astra mainly has issues with Counter when training in EXPonential Growth, because you're frequently wanting to fight enemies with more HP than you at 1-range and need to rely on not being damaged on the killing blow to survive.

In Apo, you have a lot of freedom around who you engage and how, and with the exceptions of Thronie and Anna (which you should never engage at 1-range without a pair specifically designed to take them down that way) Counter is very safe to take- you have more max HP than the enemies, and the Snipers can't even counterattack. So the Astra vs Counter thing isn't really as much of a problem there.

It's still not optimal to run just Astra. You've got pretty good odds of getting at least one proc over four hits, but if you want a 6HKO and need a proc for that (or want to use it as insurance against a missed DS) then it's not reliable.

If you're that happy with those four pairs, why add more? You could run just them and a bunch of Staffbots.

Astra mainly has issues with Counter when training in EXPonential Growth, because you're frequently wanting to fight enemies with more HP than you at 1-range and need to rely on not being damaged on the killing blow to survive.

In Apo, you have a lot of freedom around who you engage and how, and with the exceptions of Thronie and Anna (which you should never engage at 1-range without a pair specifically designed to take them down that way) Counter is very safe to take- you have more max HP than the enemies, and the Snipers can't even counterattack. So the Astra vs Counter thing isn't really as much of a problem there.

It's still not optimal to run just Astra. You've got pretty good odds of getting at least one proc over four hits, but if you want a 6HKO and need a proc for that (or want to use it as insurance against a missed DS) then it's not reliable.

Even if I do only use those children with Olivia, Chrom and Sumia, and maybe some Logbook avatats and staff/rally bots, I want to make a file that at least uses all the children. I just feel stuck atm, as I've exhausted all the best parents on my favorite children. Especially because I have two possible Galeforce girls left. Even if I do bench the other children, I want to pair their parents as well as them. I just feel a little lost.

I have Vaike, Gregor, Frederick, Kellam, Ricken, Lon'qu, Donnel, and Gaius left for Kjelle, Nah, Noire, Laurent, Brady, and Yarne. Brady X Nah (Magic), Noire X Laurent (Either), and Kjelle X Yarne (Physical) make the most sense to me, but I don't know how to distribute the remaining fathers. Using up Stahl and Virion really left a hole that I don't know how to fill.

Gaius! Kjelle @Wyvern Lord X Vaike! Yarne @Berserker or Donnel! Kjelle @Paladin

Donnel! Noire @Valkyrie X Gregor! Laurent @Sage or Gaius! Noire @Dark Knight or Sniper

How should I distribute Gaius, Donnel, Vaike, Ricken, and maybe Grego or Frederick amongst the others, since Brady is the best candidate for Lon'qu? Is there way to optimize these remaining children? At this point, I care less about class diversity and just making them good still.

Edited by Lucina's Husband

I haven't double-checked the calcs in a looong time, but in my 100% DS team I think I'm using Gaius!Kjelle@Assassin x Vaike!Yarne@Hero because they get a guaranteed melee 6HKO on Thronie (Kjelle takes little enough damage that she can clear out both of the Wave 5 ones at once).

I'm too lazy to check right now, but that could be worth looking into.

I'm doing apotheosis and made Gerome's father Henry. What would be a good skill set?

I just recruited him and from his parents he inherited axefaire and dual support+ (Cherche's skill pool isn't that great)

I also wanted to know does hex/anathema work while in the back of pair up?

I'm doing apotheosis and made Gerome's father Henry. What would be a good skill set?

I just recruited him and from his parents he inherited axefaire and dual support+ (Cherche's skill pool isn't that great)

Yes! It depends on who he marries! If you're going Berserker, then Axefaire, All Stats+2, Anathema, Aggressor, and Limit Breaker are pretty standard!

It does exactly the same thing it would if he was up front. Usually Henry!Gerome wants to be a Berserker with LB/Agg/Axefaire/Hex/Anathema. You do need to be careful to pair him with a melee unit though, as Hex won't work at range.

Yes! It depends on who he marries! If you're going Berserker, then Axefaire, All Stats+2, Anathema, Aggressor, and Limit Breaker are pretty standard!

It does exactly the same thing it would if he was up front. Usually Henry!Gerome wants to be a Berserker with LB/Agg/Axefaire/Hex/Anathema. You do need to be careful to pair him with a melee unit though, as Hex won't work at range.

Thanks for the help you two :)

I also wanted to who to pair Vaike!Severa with? The rest of the children I've already married off or are planned to marry someone else.

Edited by EarthboundAddict

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, January 10, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, January 10, 2016 - No reason given

Thanks for the help you two :)

I also wanted to know who to pair Vaike!Severa with? The rest of the children I've already married off or are planned to marry someone else.

Vaike!Severa will want to be a Hero with Luna and Axefaire. She doesn't mind being in the back, and would really like a Paladin support, so Fred!Inigo is usually the preferred choice. Stahl!Owain can also work out nicely.

Vaike!Severa will want to be a Hero with Luna and Axefaire. She doesn't mind being in the back, and would really like a Paladin support, so Fred!Inigo is usually the preferred choice. Stahl!Owain can also work out nicely.

unfortunetly Frederick isn't fathering anyone and stahl is taken by inigo. Are there any first gen units that would be good for her like her parents or chrom?

Just use Stahl!Inigo as a Paladin then.

Try to avoid using pairs in Apo who don't have S with eachother, and prioritize using children over parents whenever possible (with the exceptions of Robin, Chrom and their spouses).

Ok Radiant Head, or anyone who wants to give my new pairings some criticism.

Ricken x Lissa

Cherche x Stahl

Miriel x Gregor

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Sully x Gaius

Maribelle x Henry

Tharja x Donnel

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Fredrick

Panne x Kellam

Nowi x Vaike

Ok Radiant Head, or anyone who wants to give my new pairings some criticism.

Ricken x Lissa Great

Cherche x Stahl Good

Miriel x Gregor Great

Cordelia x Lon'qu Great

Sully x Gaius Great

Maribelle x Henry Good

Tharja x Donnel Okay

Chrom x Olivia Good

Sumia x Fredrick If Sumia can't get Chrom she wants Henry. Frederick really butchers Cynthia's speed.

Panne x Kellam Switch this for Virion or Libra. Kellam is one of the worst fathers.

Nowi x Vaike Good.

Only Panne and Sumia really look troublesome to me. Panne really likes Virion and Sumia really needs Henry. Luckily, Brady is almost impossible to screw up and can do well with Libra or Virion!

Fred makes the worst Cynthia, but even she can do 75 spd Falco and 69 spd Wyvern so it's not that bad. Though yeah Chrom or Henry (by some distance) are ideal.

And yeah I second Virion/Libra on Yarne.

Edited by Radiant head

Fred makes the worst Cynthia, but even she can do 75 spd Falco and 69 spd Wyvern so it's not that bad. Though yeah Chrom or Henry (by some distance) are ideal.

When you only have five potential fathers, two of which are Chrom and Robin, "worst in the game" doesn't count for anything on its own. You have to look more at what she can and can't do, and Fred!Cynthia is fine- she's a normal unit, just like Henry and Gaius!Cynthia.

What would be a good skill set for Gregor!Laurent? From his parents he inherited dual support+ and axefaire.

LB, Agg, Anathema and a Faire. If he's a Sage, All+2, if he's a Berserker, Hex.

So switch it up and make it

Maribelle x Libra (to stay with a magic dad)

Sumia x Henry

Panne x Virion

then Kellam just becomes a virgin because nobody notices him anyway right?

Now just to figure out what skills to pass down. I really don't get the concept of it. Other than gender-locked classes, can't the child character just reclass into their parents to learn their skills? Thought they inherited their class paths.

Edited by wesman2232

So I would want to pass down something that the child character can't really class into on their own right? Like I've heard of people passing down Galeforce to Lucina, yet with all the mothers except Sully, she can learn those with the inheritance herself. Is it just to make it easier to get earlier without grinding?

Edited by wesman2232