So I would want to pass down something that the child character can't really class into on their own right? Like I've heard of people passing down Galeforce to Lucina, yet with all the mothers except Sully, she can learn those with the inheritance herself. Is it just to make it easier to get earlier without grinding?

It is basically to make your life easier and save a lot of grinding later on by handing down Galeforce to your girls (if their mothers can learn it themselves).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just to make it easier to get earlier without grinding?

Pretty much. Certain skills help a lot more than others when grinding, so you want to pick them up early for minimum hassle. GF is one of the best for that, and you don't have to go out of your way for it either (from Sumia, at least).

Pretty much. Certain skills help a lot more than others when grinding, so you want to pick them up early for minimum hassle. GF is one of the best for that, and you don't have to go out of your way for it either (from Sumia, at least).

I'm no expert, but I'd say GF is probably the best. The only one I can think of that would rival it is Veteran, since it actually increases XP gain (particularly the minimum). I personally rate GF higher, though, because while a number of the kids can't get it, the number that can is a lot more than the 1-2 that can inherit Veteran (Morgan, and whatever the Avatar's other child is).

Just out of curiosity, what other skills would you rate among the best? Dual Support+ perhaps?

Edited by amiabletemplar

Discipline's a really big one. DSt+ is good too, but everyone who gets it starts with it so it doesn't count as much. Money skills (Despoil/AT) are nice too because, while not reliable, they cover the cost of training weapons and prevent unnecessary GG trips in the middle of training.

Sumia!Lucina Sniper or DF x Owain!Morgan Sage

Robin Valkyrie X Ricken!Owain Sage

Donnel!Kjelle Wyvernlord x Stahl!Yarne Berserker

Chrom!Cynthia Sniper Or DF x Gregor!Laurent Sage (or Zerker)

Virion!Severa Wyvernlord X Henry!Gerome Berserker

Gaius!Noire Sniper or BK x Lon'qu!Brady Sage

Vaike!Nah Wyvernlord X Libra!Inigo Hero ( could also be Fred!Inigo for Luna)

How are these?

alternatively i thought about giving Gregor to Nah let her support Sage Brady as a Valk

then give Fred to Inigo and let him support Sniper Noire as a Paladin

and lastly give Libra to Laurent for Sage or Vaike for Zerker Support

also how many snipers are recommended? My Chrom is also a Sniper so thats at least 1 guaranteed Longbow, im mainly asking becasue i dont like too many low mobility Units. I guess one of them could get the boots, Noire could switch to a Bk or use move+1 depending on who she pairs up with and the last one will have to either get priority kills to move around or become a rescue target.

anything else im missing or some pairings that i could improve on?

Edited by Animaillusionaria

Discipline's a really big one. DSt+ is good too, but everyone who gets it starts with it so it doesn't count as much. Money skills (Despoil/AT) are nice too because, while not reliable, they cover the cost of training weapons and prevent unnecessary GG trips in the middle of training.

All good points. I'm definitely partial to AT, myself--although I agree that it is a "money" skill, I also see it as an indirect offense skill. I hesitate to give 'regalia'-type weapons to anyone that doesn't have it; so, for those that do, I sort of see such rare weapons as almost a "class feature" which can partially make up for the lack of something like Luna or Astra.

Would it be preferrable to have Sumia!Lucina go DF or Cynthia? I'd rather have the sisters go separate classes if I can rather than sticking them both into DF for more diversity and flexibility. With Lucina I'm not sure having the edge with DSt+ would make her the DF candidate of choice but she also has the Great Lord flexibility as well allowing her to use the Falchion again. Or is sniper/BK more preferrable

Any thoughts on this?

All good points. I'm definitely partial to AT, myself--although I agree that it is a "money" skill, I also see it as an indirect offense skill. I hesitate to give 'regalia'-type weapons to anyone that doesn't have it; so, for those that do, I sort of see such rare weapons as almost a "class feature" which can partially make up for the lack of something like Luna or Astra.

Brave Weapons tend to be better than Regalia weapons, Gradivus, Helswath, Double Bow, and Aversa's Night are pretty much the only exceptions IMO. Armsthrift saves you money sure, but if you need the 'best' weapons you're surely planning for Apotheosis since you shouldn't be stressing out on weapons in-game on any difficulty so money shouldn't really be an issue. If it is it'd probably more prudent to use Bronze weapons when grinding using Marth with a Falchion and Despoil if you really need money.

Would it be preferrable to have Sumia!Lucina go DF or Cynthia? I'd rather have the sisters go separate classes if I can rather than sticking them both into DF for more diversity and flexibility. With Lucina I'm not sure having the edge with DSt+ would make her the DF candidate of choice but she also has the Great Lord flexibility as well allowing her to use the Falchion again. Or is sniper/BK more preferrable

Neither of them make exceptionally good DFs, actually. More often they're Snipers or Paladins. If you do want to use one as a DF, try to get a Grandmaster Robin support.

Is Olivia x Lon'qu a good thing to get either Assassin!Inigo or Swordmaster!Inigo? Also, Donnel x Sully, Donnel x Tharja, or Donnel x Nowi?

Inigo gets Swordmaster regardless of who you pair Olivia with. Who are you putting Gaius with?

I thought about Gaius x Maribelle, but I don't know who to put with Cordelia, Miriel, Cherche, Lissa, MaMU, or FeMU, and not sure who to put with Donnel, either. Sumia x Chrom is planned, as I've done all the possible relationships with Chrom.

I thought about Gaius x Maribelle, but I don't know who to put with Cordelia, Miriel, Cherche, Lissa, MaMU, or FeMU, and not sure who to put with Donnel, either. Sumia x Chrom is planned, as I've done all the possible relationships with Chrom.

You're aware Gaius like Donnel can give Galeforce to those 3 children right? I always like my Noire with Galeforce so if you're not using Gaius or FeMU with Tharja I'd go with Tharja personally.

Wait, Gaius can give Peg Knight to children? Didn't know that. Wish I did, then I would've made a previous Gaius!Nah a Peg Knight. Might do MaMU x Tharja, Gaius x Sully, and Donnel x Nowi. just to give as many children GF as possible, with Lissa, Maribelle, Cordelia, and Sumia having children that can have GF automatically.

Wait, Gaius can give Peg Knight to children? Didn't know that. Wish I did, then I would've made a previous Gaius!Nah a Peg Knight. Might do MaMU x Tharja, Gaius x Sully, and Donnel x Nowi. just to give as many children GF as possible, with Lissa, Maribelle, Cordelia, and Sumia having children that can have GF automatically.

Yes, yes he can.

It's generally best to give Gaius to Kjelle or Noire, Donnel to Kjelle or nobody (Noire works, but would sometimes rather have no GF than put up with him) and neither for Nah. Don't have Robin father any of the three in the name of optimization; S supports are really important, Robin is really good and if you give him an incapable wife he'll pretty much be scuttled.

Noire's best non-GF options are Ricken and Vaike, by the way.

Lon'qu is awful on anyone who isn't Laurent, Severa, or Brady. His mods are great, but he only has one excellent class line (Wyvern) and he doesn't pass Luna or Vengeance.

Donnel!Kjelle and Donnel!Noire are fine, but Donnel!Nah is garbage since she can't double with a -2 Spd mod and has no offensive proc (Luna or Vengeance). Gaius!Nah is also bad because Astra isn't consistent enough and she's still slower that all the other Galeboys and girls. Nah still sucks with Galeforce, she's pretty much hard support for Laurent, Brady, Inigo, and Owain.

If you're playing on Hard/Casual or below, do whatever pairing you want, but if you plan on playing Apo, you want to rethink these pairings:

Tharja!Morgan

Gaius!Nah

Donnel!Nah

Lon'qu!Inigo

I main Normal/Classic, and I have no DLC.

Hey! I'm quite new to the forum and needed a bit help deciding a father for Nah. The only that I have available and possibly seem good are: Gregor, Kellam, Donnel, and Henry. I been to many websites and people keep saying different answers, so I'm having a hard choice to make up mind.

Pairings I done and have no regret:

Olivia!Lucina

Lucina!Morgan

Fred!Cynthia

Ricken!Owain

Vaike!Kjelle

Stahl!Severa

Gaius!Noire

Henry is prob the best option. He passes Valkyrie, Vengeance, and +mag mod and Nah has innate Tomefaire. Magic Nah is nice for pairing with one of the Galeboys.

Gregor is decent too, but without the mag modifier and no offensive proc, so she ends up being Axefaire hard support.

Kellam and Donnel are terrible on everyone, except for Kjelle for the latter.

Henry is prob the best option. He passes Valkyrie, Vengeance, and +mag mod and Nah has innate Tomefaire. Magic Nah is nice for pairing with one of the Galeboys.

Gregor is decent too, but without the mag modifier and no offensive proc, so she ends up being Axefaire hard support.

Kellam and Donnel are terrible on everyone, except for Kjelle for the latter.

I had just remembered now, I'm planning to end her in the manakete class. Will Henry still work out for her?