I have about 100 hours on my file. And Inigo is 52 speed as sniper(limit breaker included) +9 from pair up, + 8 from rally(i dont have rally heart) makes it 77 speed already.

52 +9 +8 =69, not 77. That's still enough for the second highest Spd threshold in the game though.

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it. Thanks both of you for the help!

No problem.

Edit- Oh yeah, post #1500. Ha.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New question

Sage Libra!Brady
        Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia
Sorc Laurent!Morgan
        Dark Flier Olivia!Lucina
Sorc Gregor!Laurent
        Dark Flier +Mag -STR FeAvatar
General Donnel!Kjelle
        Berserker FrederickYarne
General Frederick!Gerome
        Hero Vaike!Nah
Sage Ricken!Owain
        Sorc Stahl!Severa
Hero Chrom!Inigo
        Dark Flier Gaius!Noire 

Best class for Chrom and Olivia is...?

[spoiler=old post]

I'm trying to opmtimize units but I'm a beginner, so some help is appreciated

friends on IPC have helped out a lot already

here's a small question

Frederick! or Kellam!Yarne (Berserker) for support for General Donnel!Kjelle?

Sage Libra!Brady
        Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia
Sorc Laurent!Morgan
        Dark Flier Olivia!Lucina
Sorc Gregor!Laurent
General Donnel!Kjelle
        Berserker Yarne

Edited by Kisara

52 +9 +8 =69, not 77. That's still enough for the second highest Spd threshold in the game though.

Oh lol my bad. +5 from Yewfelle(i think that was the one of the bow that gives +5 speed) and +2 from tonic= 76

Also would u say Sniper is better than Berserker for Inigo for my Severa x Inigo?

And im still debating if i should use Wyvern Lord or Assassin Severa. Man, the struggles are real.

Yewfelle: 15 mt, 85 Hit, strikes twice on all enemies. Random DLC chests only.

+5/15 Brave Bow: 15 mt, 85 Hit, strikes twice on 75 Spd enemies and 4 times on everything else. Buyable in bulk.

Legendary weapons bar Valflame and Double Bow are pretty bad in Apo. Valflame is only good because you can give it to your Staffbots to extend their Rescue Range, and Double Bow is for poking bosses. Ragnell can come in handy for setting up specific Vengeance values as well, but it's a very niche scenario.

For Severa and Inigo, if you don't plan on changing their parents, you can just try them out in all their different classes and see what you like best, or even switch between them.

Yewfelle: 15 mt, 85 Hit, strikes twice on all enemies. Random DLC chests only.

+5/15 Brave Bow: 15 mt, 85 Hit, strikes twice on 75 Spd enemies and 4 times on everything else. Buyable in bulk.

Legendary weapons bar Valflame and Double Bow are pretty bad in Apo. Valflame is only good because you can give it to your Staffbots to extend their Rescue Range, and Double Bow is for poking bosses. Ragnell can come in handy for setting up specific Vengeance values as well, but it's a very niche scenario.

For Severa and Inigo, if you don't plan on changing their parents, you can just try them out in all their different classes and see what you like best, or even switch between them.

What do u mean random DLC chests only? I have a Yewfelle in my inventory without DLC. And Yewfelle does let me get past 75 speed, so thats a plus.

And how am i supposed to change their parents? Are u suggesting i should make a new file? And the thing with trying them out in new classes is that i have to grind a whole lot more. I dont have Golden Gaffe or EXPonetial Growth.

Edited by Waifu Severa

You have one Yewfelle, yes, but if you want more they're DLC only. And it may let you get two strikes on the 70 Spd enemies, but a Brave Bow does the same thing while being able to get 4 on everything else.

Not change the parents, change the classes. Second Seals are pretty cheap. The amount of grinding it takes for one class change is pretty small compared to the amount it takes to set up an Apo team, and you'll probably get most of the way there from playing Apo itself (the enemies give pretty decent amounts of EXP, partly because there are so many of them).

If Gaius is available for a dad then who is fathering Noire and Kjelle? Nah is not a good investment for Gaius's Galeforce.

Donnel!Noire and Bench!Kjelle. I'll probably slap Gaius on Kjelle and pair her up with Avatar.

New question

Sage Libra!Brady
        Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia
Sorc Laurent!Morgan
        Dark Flier Olivia!Lucina
Sorc Gregor!Laurent
General Donnel!Kjelle
        Berserker FrederickYarne
General Frederick!Gerome
        Hero Vaike!Nah
Sage Ricken!Owain
        Sorc Stahl!Severa
Hero Chrom!Inigo
        Dark Flier Gaius!Noire 

Best class for Chrom and Olivia is...?

[spoiler=old post]

I'm trying to opmtimize units but I'm a beginner, so some help is appreciated

friends on IPC have helped out a lot already

here's a small question

Frederick! or Kellam!Yarne (Berserker) for support for General Donnel!Kjelle?

Sage Libra!Brady
        Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia
Sorc Laurent!Morgan
        Dark Flier Olivia!Lucina
Sorc Gregor!Laurent
General Donnel!Kjelle
        Berserker Yarne

Olivia - Dancer

Chrom - Bow Knight, to give Olivia +1 Mov on par up

This is pretty much one of the key reasons I dislike Chrom x Olivia for min maxing. 100% DS pairing down the drain.

Donnel!Noire and Bench!Kjelle. I'll probably slap Gaius on Kjelle and pair her up with Avatar.

Why would you bench Kjelle? If you dislike her personality that's fine but for min maxing she's one of the best offensive units in the game. We're talking about a character who has Astra/Luna proc stack along with Assassin and Paladin access at base. Gaius!Kjelle can make for a very competent Wyvern Lord as well since Gaius!Kjelle is 1 speed and 1 skill behind Lon'qu!Severa.

Why would you bench Kjelle? If you dislike her personality that's fine but for min maxing she's one of the best offensive units in the game. We're talking about a character who has Astra/Luna proc stack along with Assassin and Paladin access at base. Gaius!Kjelle can make for a very competent Wyvern Lord as well since Gaius!Kjelle is 1 speed and 1 skill behind Lon'qu!Severa.

I'll pair her up with avatar. She's my least favourite kid, and all her potential spouses were needed elsewhere.

Kjelle also has the lowest Str mod of any commonly used physical unit (+1), and either can't procstack or must give up a Faire to hit 75 Spd with Wyvern (assuming Gaius).

Kjelle also has the lowest Str mod of any commonly used physical unit (+1), and either can't procstack or must give up a Faire to hit 75 Spd with Wyvern (assuming Gaius).

As far as Str goes, she isn't losing too bad to other physical girls and (assuming Gaius) makes up for it with amazing Speed and Skill. She loses to every physical male because Aggressor though.

Well, I'm back here again. I was planning to use these children:

Olivia!Lucina

Ricken!Owain

Donnel!Kjelle

Lon'qu!Laurent

Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Brady

Gregor!Yarne

Stahl!Severa

Frederick!Nah

Gaius!Noire

Chrom!Inigo

Vaike!Gerome

Any fixes or suggestions for Morgan? I'm open as to physical or magic, but I'm not really looking to cheese Apo with VV or something. Do the children marriages matter much? Thanks.

Kjelle's competition in the female speedster category consists of everyone but Nah and Noire though. 5 Spd is pretty much standard faire for everyone else (Virion!Severa, Chrom!Cynthia and Sumia!Lucina all have it, and Morgan can have way better if she wants). Even Noire will reach 4 Spd if she gets Gaius instead, and Nah won't be leading anyway so she doesn't count.

Child marriages are more important than parent marriages because they're the ones doing the fighting. Also, since Morgan is typically your team's MVP, the best teams start with getting the Morgan they want and the proper partner for him/her, then build the rest around that pairing.

Typically you figure out your Morgan and Lucina pairs first, then Nah, then Severa, then the Galeboys, then the non-Galeboys. Kjelle and Noire are pretty much always fixed. Nah is so far up in the list because she has very limited options on how to be good (if she's physical, she has to be with physical Inigo, if she's magical, she has to be with Owain, Brady or Ricken/Libra!Inigo).

Thanks for the advice. You're really helping me out. How are these?

+Mag -Def Libra!Laurent!Morgan

Maribelle!Lucina

Lon'qu!Nah (magic)

Stahl!Severa

Ricken!Owain

Chrom!Brady

Frederick!Inigo

Henry!Cynthia

Gregor!Yarne

Vaike!Gerome

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

DarkFlier!Lucina x Sage!Morgan

Sage!Owain x Sage!Nah (idk on this one. DreadFighter!Owain?)

Hero!Severa x Assassin!Inigo

DarkFlier!Cynthia x Sage!Brady

DarkFlier!FeMU x Sage!Laurent

Hero!Kjelle x Berserker!Yarne

Sniper!Noire x Berserker!Gerome

This has pretty much become my default marriage lineup (mothers based on when recruited):

Lissa/Vaike
Sully/Chrom -Come at me if you dare. : ]
Miriel/Virion
Sumia/Gaius
Maribelle/Lon'qu
Panne/Stahl
Cordelia/Gregor
Nowi/Ricken
Tharja/Kellam
Olivia/Libra -Only guy I trust with my past-file wife. - 3-+ (Looking at you, Onesie Prince.)
Cherche/Henry

I do like other pairings, mind you, but lately these lineups haven't betrayed me at all so I might keep them.
Also, I only pair MU with second gen now, because I kind of like the supports and characters better.
(A little too much maybe, since I can never decide who to marry and call it quits. I love them all too much. T_T)

Depends on what you're going for. Hero x Berserker has advantages and disadvantages, so it's not outright better but it's also not worse.

Oh, i thought u told me that berserker pair up was important.

Also, ik i messed up on Gerome, Owain, and maybe Yarne, and even though i have about 100 hours gameplay in this file, i am sooo tempted to start a new one for the real optimizations. Do u think i should do it, or are my children good enough?

Heck i even messed up my avatar by marrying him to Tharja. If i make a new file, i will marry Cordelia because Severa is my favorite and Cordelia isnt useless like Tharja. Or i can just marry Severa myself and make a super speed/skill Morgan.

Edited by Waifu Severa

It's very good, but there's a difference between good and perfect. Berserker's high Str and pairup bonuses generally outway their inherent Hitrate and DS issues (and not being magical), but those are problems that other classes can fix.

If you restart, keep in mind that you can save a lot of time by skipping the cutscenes/enemy phases and knowing how to play from the get-go. People who know what they're doing can complete the main story in less than an hour with ease. I'm not kidding. Also keep in mind that your Renown carries over between files, so you'll be able to get some of the Renown stuff right off the bat depending on how much you have.

Cordelia is a better wife if you don't plan on fielding a full team for Apo (say, 4 or 5 combat pairs instead of 7 or 8), which also makes preparation much faster. On the other hand, Severa is probably Avatar-M's second best 2nd gen wife (behind Lucina) if you do plan on making a full team.

Either way, if you restart, remember to save all your Spotpass Staffbots/Rallybots to your logbook so you can recruit them later. It might be wise to use your current Avatar as one of your Staffbots/Rallybots as well to save some grinding time. If you haven't used your Boots yet, put them on your current Avatar before updating the logbook as well.

It's very good, but there's a difference between good and perfect. Berserker's high Str and pairup bonuses generally outway their inherent Hitrate and DS issues (and not being magical), but those are problems that other classes can fix.

If you restart, keep in mind that you can save a lot of time by skipping the cutscenes/enemy phases and knowing how to play from the get-go. People who know what they're doing can complete the main story in less than an hour with ease. I'm not kidding. Also keep in mind that your Renown carries over between files, so you'll be able to get some of the Renown stuff right off the bat depending on how much you have.

Cordelia is a better wife if you don't plan on fielding a full team for Apo (say, 4 or 5 combat pairs instead of 7 or 8), which also makes preparation much faster. On the other hand, Severa is probably Avatar-M's second best 2nd gen wife (behind Lucina) if you do plan on making a full team.

Either way, if you restart, remember to save all your Spotpass Staffbots/Rallybots to your logbook so you can recruit them later. It might be wise to use your current Avatar as one of your Staffbots/Rallybots as well to save some grinding time. If you haven't used your Boots yet, put them on your current Avatar before updating the logbook as well.

Yeah ik how to skip cutscenes and battle animations and all that stuff, but holy crap 1 hour to complete the main story? If thats the case then i might start another file, but then it would feel like i wasted 100 hours just to find out that my pairings arent even that good. Are my pairings good enough for me to not restart?

Also i saw some disputes between Avatar marrying 2nd gen and 1st gen. 1st gen gets the advantage of having 2 awesome children, while 2nd gen gets the advantage of having 1 OP child, and can have all of your 2nd gen married.

The Start button skips everything, and by that I mean everything that doesn't require player input. If you have map animations on, you can even use it to skip watching enemy HP going down from an attack, or your exp meter increasing. The only thing it doesn't skip is level ups.

You can also hold L before entering a battle to get a 2-second animation of the map sprites fighting, instead of transitioning to a 10-second 3D animation of units fighting. Also, if you press A on an unoccupied square and open the battle options menu, you can set a whole bunch of stuff including whether or not map animations is the default (if you turn it on, L will instead show you the full battle. Also full battle can't be skipped for Grima, Validar, Aversa, Walhart, Gangrel and Yen'fay). You can change other things there too, like the background music for Risen/Spotpass skirmishes.

Remember, time isn't wasted if you were having fun. Oh, and Apo can be completed with no children and no S supports (actually, it can be done with just logbook units) so you can't really wreck a team enough to make it impossible. Just a good deal harder.

As for first gen vs second gen: there are three parts at play here. First is the quality of Avatar's wife: some units, namely Sumia, Cordelia and Aversa have the skills and mods to perform well even in Apo, but the vast majority of them don't. This is mostly notable because children tend to have an inverse relationship between how much they have to gain from Avatar vs how good their mother is- Cynthia and Severa are already awesome, but Nah gains literally everything.

Second is the tradeoff between slightly higher mods for Morgan (when I say slightly, I mean a lot in one stat- Severa!Morgan can have 10 Spd if she wants to) and two children with all classes. Two Morgans tend to win out when grinding is harder because of Veteran and higher bases, and because if you're going with a small team you might as well have your power spread as evenly as you can. Higher mods is more important for challenge runs and hitting certain thresholds.

Finally, and most importantly, is the pairing imbalance caused by marrying 1st gen: there will be 7 girls and 6 boys, and that means a girl gets benched if Avatar doesn't marry her. This is important if you're minmaxing for the sake of minmaxing or otherwise really want that much player phase offense, however there are several scenarios when it doesn't matter- the biggest of which is if you aren't training a full team in the first place, or want the extra room for Staffbots. It can also be fixed (if Avatar's wife is bad) by leaving Lucina unmarried, and having her fight with Avatar at A using DS+ to keep a decent DS rate, though this strategy is almost entirely for Avatar x Nowi.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yeah i already know how to skip everything, and thanks for clarifying some stuff on 1st gen vs 2nd gen!

Also, who are 2 specific spotpass characters that are good for rallybot/staffbot?

I saw someone suggest Spotpass Katarina, is she good for a rallybot? If so, what rallies do i use for her and what staves? I dont have rally heart.

I might not make a new file..

Edited by Waifu Severa

Sorry, thought you said idk.

Rallybots: Any male/female pair (Rally Str is male exclusive, Rally Spd/Mov/Res are female exclusive) will do, preferably as fliers. Just give them 4/5 rallies each and make sure none of them overlap. If you want both rallybots to be female, DLC Palla and DLC Katarina come with Rally Str- you don't have Palla, but Katarina comes from Normal Apo. She actually comes with 4 rallies out of the box, which is why she's recommended as a Rallybot (assuming you have her in your logbook. Raising a rallybot and clearing Normal Apo to get her sort of defeats the point).

Other than them, Spotpass Cyas (Thracia) and Horace (Mystery) both start with two Rallies, so you may want to choose one of them. I don't think there are any obvious out-of-the-box female picks, but I'll check.

Staffbots: anyone with high Mag (and preferably a high Staff rank. Staff rank is very expensive to raise quickly).