Typical Apo classes are Sage (highest Mag cap in the game, good Skl, good distribution), Dark Flier (like Sage with lower Mag but more Mov and +Spd instead of +Skl, good distribution), Berserker (high Str, good physical pairup boosts, good 2nd gen distribution), Hero (high Skl, no major flaws), Paladin (high Mov, good all around pairup bonuses, common Faires, good distribution), Assassin (very high Spd/Skl, good physical pairup boosts), Sniper (very high Skl, can use Longbows/Double Bow), Bride (good Ignis user, gives magical pairup boosts with a physical attack, good distribution), Warrior (high Str, doesn't have Berserker's Hit problems), Wyvern Lord (high Str/Mov), Valkyrie (good staffbot class, fastest Tome user), and Falcoknight (good staffbot/Rallybot class).

The only classes you really should stay away from are Great Knight, Griffon Rider, Swordmaster and Trickster. Those classes either have no redeeming qualities or flaws crippling enough to make them almost never worth it. Most of the classes I didn't mention are decent, but not top tier.

Your units can typically go in any of those classes they have provided the class matches up with their physical/magical orientation and they have a Faire for it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not playing Apotheosis yet, but i did finish both my Rallybots(not maxed out stats but i doubt they need it) and whenever im playing paralogue 23, i can never get rally on all my units because they are too far(usually only 1 pair misses out on one of the rally bots). Does that mean i need to bench a pair(LucinaxGerome in this case because i dislike them) or am i positioning my units wrong?

I am using 7 pairs and 2 rallybots.

Not pairings, but the standard build for kids with GF is GF, proc, proc/agg, LB, faire, right? What do I do for Cynthia and Severa without Aether, Ignis, or Agg? Would it be worthing switching Chrom!Brady and Henry!Cynthia to fix this for Cynthia?

Also, what if anything should I cut for Lucina to have DS+?

Edited by isetrh

Shoutouts to Czar_Yoshi for being on the ball.

I heard Sniper x Sage was actually good, especially if the Sniper had Ignis and i suddenly thought of my Noire x Brady. Would Sniper!Noire x Sage!Brady outclass DarkFlier!Noire x Sage!Brady? Dat 3 range Celica's Gale tho, and the awesomeness of Sniper Noire.

In terms of damage, Dark Flier x Sage would outclass Sniper x Sage. Odds are the damage would be overkill anyway (assuming you've got your Limit Break/Aggressor/Rallies) so the only real loss from rocking Sniper x Sage is the loss of movement compared to having a Dark Flier. But 3 Range Celica is still pretty sweet.

Also thinking of benching Lucina and Gerome just because i hate my Frederick!Gerome now, and maybe i can use those extra slots for more Staffbots or Lucina paired with Avatar A rank.

Hold on now, you can't bench Lucina. She's the murder machine. Even if you dislike Freddy!Gerome, Lucina x Gerome is still a 100% DS couple and you shouldn't let that go to waste. S rank > A rank.

And do rallybots/staffbots need their stats capped other than magic? Because im having a hard time maxing out their stats.

Also what is the best class for Rallybot Horace? Sage or Wyvern Lord?

Rally bots don't need any stats besides Mov. Staffbots would like to have capped magic, but the Falcon Knight's 35 Mag should be enough. This is why I like using logbook avatars from previous playthroughs. They usually have close to capped magic and are easy to train.

Not pairings, but the standard build for kids with GF is GF, proc, proc/agg, LB, faire, right? What do I do for Cynthia and Severa without Aether, Ignis, or Agg? Would it be worthing switching Chrom!Brady and Henry!Cynthia to fix this for Cynthia?

Also, what if anything should I cut for Lucina to have DS+?

Henry!Cynthia can just use Vengeance and Spd +2/AS +2. But making the switch to Chrom would be a worthwhile choice anyway because Aether/Luna is god.
Severa with any dad usually has the same skills: Vengeance, faire, GF, Limit Break, AS +2/Armsthrift.
With Lucina it's worth cutting a faire for DS+. Lucina's skillset is almost static regardless of mother with DLC enabled. Aether, Luna, GF, Limit Break, DS+
Edited by Ownagepuffs

Oh, I'll just stick to DF Noire. And it is true that Lucina is a killer, i guess i can bench another pair maybe.

Also im thinking about buying either Golden Gaffe or EXPonential growth because all this grinding is annoying, especially since i have to grind everybody 10 more stats because of limit breaker. Which one should i get?

Between Gaffe and EXP I'd say Gaffe. EXP doesn't do to much when your internal level is high enough. Gaffe makes buying things and forging less painful

Yeah i was thinking of getting Gaffe instead too. I need soooo much gold to forge and buy stuff its not even funny. And with that gold, i can buy the stat boosters(Talismans, Speedwings, etc.) to gain up my stats for limit breaker. Also is it worth using my Naga's Tear? Because i only have 1 and i think it's rare, so idk if i should use it.

But the thing is with Apotheosis, R&R3, and Golden Gaffe, what do i do after i've maxed out everything? Do i just make a new file with a higher difficulty, or are there other stuff i can try out like all females run or beating apotheosis with all spotpass characters or other challenges with apotheosis?

Im not playing Apotheosis yet, but i did finish both my Rallybots(not maxed out stats but i doubt they need it) and whenever im playing paralogue 23, i can never get rally on all my units because they are too far(usually only 1 pair misses out on one of the rally bots). Does that mean i need to bench a pair(LucinaxGerome in this case because i dislike them) or am i positioning my units wrong?

I am using 7 pairs and 2 rallybots.

Position your Rallybots side-by-side and you should have more than enough room to cram everybody in.

Shoutouts to Czar_Yoshi for being on the ball.

Hold on now, you can't bench Lucina. She's the murder machine. Even if you dislike Freddy!Gerome, Lucina x Gerome is still a 100% DS couple and you shouldn't let that go to waste. S rank > A rank.

No problem, that's why I'm here.

As for the "benching Lucina" thing, it's a bad idea to outright bench her... But not so unviable to leave her unpaired (or not fighting with her husband, if he's benched). Because Lucina has DS+, she can essentially fight at A with an S level of DS (you can still get it up to 100% if you want to). This is important because if Avatar married a really bad 1st gen wife for the sake of someone like Nah, you can still form a 7 pair setup and not bench any kids (or Avatar). You'll lose out on a free 100% DS, but it's still possible to get one elsewhere if you really want it and you get an extra Galeforce to compensate (7/3 instead of 7/2).

EXPonential Growth vs Golden Gaffe: Golden Gaffe by far. EXP is meant more for getting uber-weak untrained units from the Plegia arc off the ground than training strong ones- all but the strongest Entombed will give just 8 exp after a point. If you want an exp grinding map instead, pick LB3- Paragon doubles a unit's exp gain (and stacks with Veteran), and there are 50 fairly weak enemies who all start out aggroed, no Counter/Longbows and two Gates for you to sit on. If you have Paragon and solo the map, it can take even a max internal level unit from Lv.1 promoted almost to Lv.15 (so one class per unit per playthrough). There are a few legendary weapons though, so it's mainly for capped units who are grinding for skills (or that last bit of some random stat).

Yeah I guess i shouldnt bench LucinaxGerome. Heck, Gerome can actually be good if i had All+2 and Aggressor, but sadly, i dont.

Yeah Gaffe does seem amazing. The Leif Blade trick only scores me like 50k in like 30-40 minutes and it is sooo annoying. And holy crap LB3 one unit goes from lv 1-15? Thats what i NEED! But is it worth the 5 bucks to get these 2 maps?

Also my Noire and Morgan don't have Veteran(yeah im stupid), so should i go fetch them right now, then use a master seal to go into Grandmaster, making me cap more stats for limit breaker and then go back into Dark Flier, or should i just let them stay as Dark Fliers and just keep second sealing back into DF when they hit lv 20?

Veteran saves a lot of time. It's worth it, especially if you plan on getting them additional stuff they don't need for Apo (minmaxing for the sake of minmaxing can be fun too).

I found it easily worth the money to buy all the DLC- it costs slightly more than the game itself to get it all (assuming you don't have a Japanese copy) but it ~triples the replay value. I don't know what your financial situation looks like, but if you can spare the money you should do it (you'll certainly get a lot more bang for your buck than if you used it to pay 10% of another game's cost).

Ok cool, i'll get Veteran right now for them. And yeah, i cant buy every DLC although i would love to. Also planning on getting Gaffe and LB3 later today :)

Wait, should i get the packs or just save money and buy them seperate?

Edited by Waifu Severa

So hopefully someone here can give me some feedback! I'm trying to plan my pairings for my current Lunatic file before I progress any further, with the end goal being the best children possible. There's a handful I'm really struggling with.

What I have so far:

- Chrom x Olivia. Benefits Inigo and Lucina pretty heavily. Lucina gets Swordmaster and GF, Inigo gets Rightful King and Luna.
- Stahl x Cordellia. Gives Severa Luna and Vantage, plus the good mods don't hurt. Since Cordellia is so kind to her already she doesn't want for much else.
- Donnell x Sully. Gives Kjelle Galeforce and Armsthrift.
- Lon'qu x Miriel. Gives Laurent Vantage and decent mods to make use of. About the best I can do since Laurent is a lesser child
- Gregor x Cherche. Best Gerome as far as I'm concerned. Grants Vantage and Armsthrift. Plus, those mods. Might not be the best use of Gregor but I really like Gerome so I want him to be good.
- Henry x Sumia. Not crazy about it but seems like the only other good choice after Chrom.
- Kellam x Nowi. Gives Nah Luna. Seems kind of overrated to me but there's a lack of great options. Maybe switch for Frederick?
- Frederick x Panne. Helps make Yarne a great support. Luna and DG+ are good for him. Maybe switch Kellam and Frederick?
- MU x Tharja. Honestly I have no idea who to marry MU to. Gaius has Noire covered but I don't know who else could use MU dad that wouldn't be a total waste.
- Ricken x Lissa. Seems to be the best of what's left. Gives Luna and Mage mods.
- Libra x Maribelle. Gives Sorcerer. Don't know what else to do here with my other pairs.
I know Gaius is now childless and he's a good parent but I couldn't find a space for him. And I'm really uncertain about MU x Tharja but I don't know what other child desperately needs a good dad besides Noire. And the Lissa and Maribelle pairings I'm not sure about. They just seem fillerish because of whats left. So, any advice?

So hopefully someone here can give me some feedback! I'm trying to plan my pairings for my current Lunatic file before I progress any further, with the end goal being the best children possible. There's a handful I'm really struggling with.

What I have so far:

- Chrom x Olivia. Benefits Inigo and Lucina pretty heavily. Lucina gets Swordmaster and GF, Inigo gets Rightful King and Luna.
- Stahl x Cordellia. Gives Severa Luna and Vantage, plus the good mods don't hurt. Since Cordellia is so kind to her already she doesn't want for much else.
- Donnell x Sully. Gives Kjelle Galeforce and Armsthrift.
- Lon'qu x Miriel. Gives Laurent Vantage and decent mods to make use of. About the best I can do since Laurent is a lesser child
- Gregor x Cherche. Best Gerome as far as I'm concerned. Grants Vantage and Armsthrift. Plus, those mods. Might not be the best use of Gregor but I really like Gerome so I want him to be good.
- Henry x Sumia. Not crazy about it but seems like the only other good choice after Chrom.
- Kellam x Nowi. Gives Nah Luna. Seems kind of overrated to me but there's a lack of great options. Maybe switch for Frederick?
- Frederick x Panne. Helps make Yarne a great support. Luna and DG+ are good for him. Maybe switch Kellam and Frederick?
- MU x Tharja. Honestly I have no idea who to marry MU to. Gaius has Noire covered but I don't know who else could use MU dad that wouldn't be a total waste.
- Ricken x Lissa. Seems to be the best of what's left. Gives Luna and Mage mods.
- Libra x Maribelle. Gives Sorcerer. Don't know what else to do here with my other pairs.
I know Gaius is now childless and he's a good parent but I couldn't find a space for him. And I'm really uncertain about MU x Tharja but I don't know what other child desperately needs a good dad besides Noire. And the Lissa and Maribelle pairings I'm not sure about. They just seem fillerish because of whats left. So, any advice?

Chrom x Sumia is much better

Libra x Olivia maybe? idk

Stahl x Cordelia-good

Donnel x Sully-good

Lonqu x Miriel-good

Gregor x Cherche-I think this is the best Gerome, but i'm not too sure

Sumia needs Chrom

Kellam x Nowi- Idk about this, i think Vaike x Nowi is better

Frederick x Panne-good

MUx Tharja- please don't make the same mistake i made and dont use this pairing. Marrying MU to a child was the best advice i got, so maybe u should do that, Lucina maybe

Gaius x Tharja

Ricken x Lissa-good

Libra x Maribelle-I think Henry x Maribelle is better, but idk

I dont really know much about Nah, Yarne, and Gerome as i said, so maybe somebody else can fill those in.

Edited by Waifu Severa

Ok cool, i'll get Veteran right now for them. And yeah, i cant buy every DLC although i would love to. Also planning on getting Gaffe and LB3 later today :)

Wait, should i get the packs or just save money and buy them seperate?

If there's even a possibility that you'll eventually want the other maps, get the packs. it saves a tremendous amount of money and often the other maps are cool enough that you'll use them, but not enough that you'd shell out for them alone.

It's also not marked anywhere, but you get an item for clearing Infinite Regalia that makes all shop stuff 50% off (excluding forging).

What I have so far:

- Chrom x Olivia. Benefits Inigo and Lucina pretty heavily. Lucina gets Swordmaster and GF, Inigo gets Rightful King and Luna. Good.
- Stahl x Cordellia. Gives Severa Luna and Vantage, plus the good mods don't hurt. Since Cordellia is so kind to her already she doesn't want for much else. She won't have Wyvern, won't be as fast as she could be and doesn't care about AT, but good if you want a Swordfaire Luna Hero.
- Donnell x Sully. Gives Kjelle Galeforce and Armsthrift. Good.
- Lon'qu x Miriel. Gives Laurent Vantage and decent mods to make use of. About the best I can do since Laurent is a lesser child Laurent is awesome. Don't underrate him.
- Gregor x Cherche. Best Gerome as far as I'm concerned. Grants Vantage and Armsthrift. Plus, those mods. Might not be the best use of Gregor but I really like Gerome so I want him to be good. Gerome doesn't care about AT, he's only interested in Gregor's Berserker. Good if you don't mind shaky hitrates.
- Henry x Sumia. Not crazy about it but seems like the only other good choice after Chrom. Pretty much.
- Kellam x Nowi. Gives Nah Luna. Seems kind of overrated to me but there's a lack of great options. Maybe switch for Frederick? Nah's only "good" father is Avatar, though Henry makes her perform well if you can free him up. Stahl, Virion and vaike work too.
- Frederick x Panne. Helps make Yarne a great support. Luna and DG+ are good for him. Maybe switch Kellam and Frederick? Yarne doesn't care about Luna. All he wants are good mods (Fred gives these) and Hit+20 (Fred doesn't deliver, see Virion or Stahl instead).
- MU x Tharja. Honestly I have no idea who to marry MU to. Gaius has Noire covered but I don't know who else could use MU dad that wouldn't be a total waste. Nah, for one. Or marry your Avatar 2nd gen.
- Ricken x Lissa. Seems to be the best of what's left. Gives Luna and Mage mods. Good. Libra is also an option here.
- Libra x Maribelle. Gives Sorcerer. Don't know what else to do here with my other pairs. Good, but consider Virion for better mods.

Gaius!Noire is perfectly competent. Either use your Avatar on Nah (who really needs it, she has no other way of getting Galeforce+Proc) or marry 2nd gen so you don't have a pairing imbalance (Lucina, Cynthia and Severa are good options).

Sully

Gaius - Spd+5 to accelerate Wyvern. No Hero & Valkyrie.

Donnel - Hero + Underdog to be a no-LB dodgetank. Valkyrie + Deliverer to be an Apo LTC member. No enough Spd to double Anna with Wyvern.

MU - The only Galeforce + Tomefaire. Worst Mag of the three. All the three makes one 2nd-gen Gale-girl being benched.

Tharja

Gaius - Everything goes better & less wasteful but no AT & Tomefaire.

Donnel - AT to save Double Bow. Worse mod to double Anna with Longbows. Unlike Sully, Donnel's Hero & Valkyrie access gives Noire nothing.

MU - The only GF + TF. Mag+8 is excellent. All the three makes one 2nd-gen Gale-girl being benched.

Nowi

Gaius - Lancefaire Wyvern & Tomefaire Dark Flier. No Luna. No enough Spd to double Anna with Wyvern.

Donnel - Lancefaire Wyvern & Tomefaire Dark Flier. No Luna. No Astra. Worst Spd to do everything well frontline.

MU - The only GF + Luna. A medium Mag+6. All the three makes one 2nd-gen Gale-girl being benched.

Since Severa is my fav unit, what is better? MU x Cordelia or MU x Severa? MU x Cordelia gives me an awesome Severa, while MU x Severa gives me a deadly fast Morgan.

Are R&R1 and 2 worth it? To me they dont seem special because they have no rewards. Also for Golden Pack, Infinite Regalia and EXPonential dont seem worth it, so i can get Golden Gaffe alone. And are LB1 and 2 good? Ik 1 has no rewards, but 2 has Dread Fighter.

If LB pack is worth it, then i'll get that instead of LB3 alone.

So that would be LB3/123, Golden Gaffe, Apotheosis, and R&R3 as my DLC.

With LB pack is $14 total i've spent, and without it is $10.50 i've spent.

MU x Cordelia (Def flaw)

Str asset: 6 0 5 3 -1 0 -1

Mag asset: 2 4 3 5 -1 -2 1

Skl asset: 4 0 7 3 -1 0 -1

Spd asset: 2 0 5 7 1 -2 -1

MU x Lon'qu!Severa (Def flaw)

Skl asset: 4 0 10 6 -1 -2 -3

Spd asset: 2 0 8 10 1 -4 -3

Hmm.

Is Lon'qu!Severa worth losing Luna over to pick up some speed? This was originally a huge debate for me but I figured when it came time to trudge through Apotheosis that Luna might be more needed, should I reconsider? Also figured if all else fails, she can always abuse Vantage Veng Sorc.

Will Gregor!Gerome suffice or will the low accuracy be problematic?

What's the main draw of MU!Nah? Just for her to get skill choices? I feel like I wouldn't use her as a Manaktee but of course she'd be good in other roles since she's a MU child. And of course Morgan is always good. Just curious what the speed situation is mostly, since I don't want Morgan to be slow.

And I suppose Maribelle and Panne will have to fight for Virizon. Seems Yarne needs him more and Maribelle can make do with Libra but I might need to think on it more.