If Libra!Laurent sucks, then who should my Miriel be with? Should i do the Gregor!Laurent, Vaike!Gerome, and Kellam!Nah? Or something different?

Gregor, Lon'qu or Stahl. I prefer Gregor.

Gerome can still work with Vaike, Henry, Stahl or Virion. Can you give Libra to Brady, Henry to Gerome and Gregor to Laurent, perhaps?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregor, Lon'qu or Stahl. I prefer Gregor.

Gerome can still work with Vaike, Henry, Stahl or Virion. Can you give Libra to Brady, Henry to Gerome and Gregor to Laurent, perhaps?

Ok, Gregor for Laurent and Libra to Brady will do. But i want to know why Henry>Vaike for Gerome. Doesnt he miss out on that nice +7 Str mods?

EDIT: Oh, is it because he gets Anathema and Hex?

Edited by Waifu Severa

If you don't mind my input, I think Virion is also a good father for Laurent.
Make Miriel a Dark Knight to pass down Lifetaker, and have Virion second seal to Mage, and then master seal to Sage (either at Mage level 10, or 20 -I always max out levels for the extra stats) so he can pass down Tomefaire. This way Laurent can heal himself and the extra +5 Magic from Tomefaire will make him a beast with tomes.
To be honest, I don't think there is such thing as a horrible pair. As long as you pass down skills that'll help the kids be independent, they'll be fine then. Again though, just my added input. The decision is ultimately up to you.

Hey so I am trying my hand at a harder mode right now and I wanted to learn how to optimize the children in the game. I was wondering if anyone can give me input on this TENTATIVE list.

?= Not really sure...I just kinda stuck them together.

Coredila x Lon'qu

Lissa x Frederick?

Cherche x Kellam

Libra x Maribelle

Sumia x Henry (I want to make Cynthia into a dark flier)

Chrom x MU

Olivia x Vaike?

Pannel x Stahl?

Miriel x Ricken

Nowi x Gregor?

My two cents:

Coredila x Lon'qu I believe I heard Czar_Yoshi (regular pairing guru on this thread) praise this pairing but I can't remember why, and I don't believe this gives Severa Luna, so I can't personally recommend this

Lissa x Frederick? Gets Owain Luna, which he needs, but also reduces his speed. As an aside, it also perfectly evens out his strength and magic modifiers, so there's that, if you're willing to deal with Owain having a -1 speed mod and don't want him to specialize in magic. Otherwise, most people recomment Ricken.

Cherche x Kellam Seems okay, not sure

Libra x Maribelle Gives Brady dark mage and nothing else, keep that in mind. Of course, Brady already has galeforce and Luna access, so if you plan on Brady being a sorcerer or sage, this might be okay.

Sumia x Henry (I want to make Cynthia into a dark flier) Generally considered the best pairing for Sumia if you're not hooking her up with Chrom

Chrom x MU I love this pairing to death, though many will disagree with me. The general consensus among higher-ups is that you want a 3rd generation morgan, because it's not trading two strong kids for one hyper strong kid, it's trading two strong kids for one hyper strong kid and one normal kid, since pairing the avatar with a 2nd genner lets you actually USE all of the second genners (there's 13 of them, one of the kids of the opposite gender of your avatar is going to be left out otherwise.)

Olivia x Vaike? Inigo won't have Luna, which is virtually the only real qualification Olivia's husband needs. Literally anyone with Luna works for Inigo.

Pannel x Stahl? I THINK This is okay, it gives Yarne a decent strength mod, which is really all he needs as a support unit.

Miriel x Ricken Excellent magic mod, but be warned, Laurent can't get galeforce, and in this setup he can't aversa's night tank either since he lacks armsthrift. Also, Ricken is better used elsewhere for his Luna AND good magic mod.

Nowi x Gregor? This seems okay, can't really say.

Edited by Alastor15243

I can't find the post, but I remember someone (I think it was Czar Yoshi) saying that Severa has a somewhat unique niche as a 75 speed Wyvern Lord, while there are already plenty of good proc stackers. I want to try this, partly because it would also free up Stahl for Inigo so he can get Bowfaire. Is this a good build?

Virion!Severa

Vengeance/All Stats +2/Lancefaire/Galeforce/Limit Breaker

38 (WL base) +5 (mods) +10 (LB) +10 (rallies) +2 (AS+2) +2 (tonic) +8 (Berserker support (Would Yarne be good?)) =75 speed

The only reason I'm not giving her Lon'qu is because he was going to go to Laurent, who will father Morgan. I don't see much of a difference between Virion and Lon'qu for my purposes beyond 1 point in skill, since neither WL Severa nor Hard Support Sage Laurent needs anything besides Wyvern Rider that they don't already get from their mothers unless I'm missing something.

I'm a little clueless as to what Hard Supports should run, but how is this for Laurent? Hex/Anathema/All Stats +2/Tomefaire/Limit Breaker

Thank you!

OK, my arm hurts today and I can't type well so this'll be brief. I can elaborate later if anyone needs it.

Ok, Gregor for Laurent and Libra to Brady will do. But i want to know why Henry>Vaike for Gerome. Doesnt he miss out on that nice +7 Str mods?

EDIT: Oh, is it because he gets Anathema and Hex?

He still has +5 Str, and Anathema/Hex are his best options for +Hit skills while keeping Berserker.

If you don't mind my input, I think Virion is also a good father for Laurent.
Make Miriel a Dark Knight to pass down Lifetaker, and have Virion second seal to Mage, and then master seal to Sage (either at Mage level 10, or 20 -I always max out levels for the extra stats) so he can pass down Tomefaire. This way Laurent can heal himself and the extra +5 Magic from Tomefaire will make him a beast with tomes.
To be honest, I don't think there is such thing as a horrible pair. As long as you pass down skills that'll help the kids be independent, they'll be fine then. Again though, just my added input. The decision is ultimately up to you.

Ease-of-access for skills doesn't matter postgame. Laurent already gets TF/Lifetaker without Virion anyway, and he won't even be using Lifetaker because he'll stay in the back.

Lon'qu!Severa is good because she can reach 75 Spd as a Wyvern Lord. Fred x Lissa gives bad mod clash, don't do it. Kellam gives Gerome neither BF nor Zerker, and he needs at least one of those to be good. Vaike!Inigo has Barbarian overlap and no proc, consider Stahl or Fred instead. Ricken x Miriel is good if Ricken is free- but it's a mods-only pair so don't do it if Ricken could see better use elsewhere (Owain). Everything I didn't mention is fine if you use it right.

I don't see much of a difference between Virion and Lon'qu for my purposes beyond 1 point in skill,

As Wyverns they're identical, but Lon'qu gives SF for Hero double duty and Avo+10 for Avoid Stack, Virion gives TF for DF double duty.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hey, I'm trying out Vaike!Severa, with my Chrom!Inigo, has anybody tried that before?

Edit: Same, hope your arm gets better.

I've tried Vaike!Severa (wanted to see her as a blonde). Pass down Axefaire and she's about the same as a Stahl fathered Hero Severa, just with axes instead of swords. However, you lose Vantage (from either Stahl or Lon'qu) for +1 strength and +1 speed (compared to Stahl). It's a luxury skill rather than a necessary one though, as I don't believe the standard Virion or Lon'qu builds even use it. Still something to consider though, as options are always nice.

Just wondering, why Paladin?

It has a great pair-up bonus.

Chrom x Olivia requires VGM/RLM/RBM/ROM to have the best optimization.

V: Vaike

G: Gerome

M: Morgan

R: Ricken

L: Laurent

B: Brady

O: Owain

For VDS+/VVDS+, Olivia!Lucina's support power is worse than Sumia/Maribelle/FeMU!Lucina. So if you want Chrom x Olivia to be more worthy, you should make Olivia!Lucina lead & find a best supporter for the VDS+ usage, such as Extreme Morgans: VGM/RLM/RBM/ROM.

For Inigo, Chrom!Inigo is functionally replaceable. This makes Olivia!Lucina x Extreme Morgan more important otherwise the whole pairing is going to be generally inferior to others.

Lol Severa da best and everybody knows it.

I cant seem to pass Chapter 1(call me noob whatever) on Lunatic, should i just go to Hard mode? Last time i attempting Lunatic, i made it to chapter 4 all by myself but i accidentally deleted that file.

Im still shaky on these pairings:

Henry x Cherche

Libra x Maribelle

Gregor x Miriel

Also, is it Vaike x Nowi or Kellam x Nowi? Im assuming Vaike since Nah will be support because no galeforks.

Oh snap me and Melon posted at the same time

Edited by Waifu Severa

I guess i can go wtih Vaike!Nah...

Also i just noticed something. I wanted my Gaius!Noire to be a Sniper, but she doesnt get Armsthrift! That means i cant use double, but only forged Longbow instead...And she cant even be a Dark Flier because she doesnt get Tomefaire! Should i just leave her a Sniper without Armsthrift and use Longbow instead of Double Bow?

Is it bad if Frederick is a bachelor? I remember reading that he was one of the best fathers, but that may or may not have been on GameFAQs. I don't see how he's all that amazing compared to the other GK dads.

I guess i can go wtih Vaike!Nah...

Also i just noticed something. I wanted my Gaius!Noire to be a Sniper, but she doesnt get Armsthrift! That means i cant use double, but only forged Longbow instead...And she cant even be a Dark Flier because she doesnt get Tomefaire! Should i just leave her a Sniper without Armsthrift and use Longbow instead of Double Bow?

Double Bow has more power (18 vs 14 on common enemies, 44 vs 42 on flying enemies) but less accuracy.

GF+TF is MaMU exclusive. But MaMU x 1st forces a 2nd-Gale-girl to be benched.

You don't need Armsthrift to use the Double Bow. Where does this idea that Armsthrift is needed to use legendary weapons come from? On a similar note, why is Armsthrift getting hyped up again? With all weapons being able to be obtained in infinite amounts, the best weapons being buyable in shops, and there being infinite money to buy said weapons, Armsthrift doesn't really have much benefit.

I mean, I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive in real life, but even I find this overreaction to not having full uses on a legendary weapon a bit much.

You don't need Armsthrift to use the Double Bow. Where does this idea that Armsthrift is needed to use legendary weapons come from? On a similar note, why is Armsthrift getting hyped up again? With all weapons being able to be obtained in infinite amounts, the best weapons being buyable in shops, and there being infinite money to buy said weapons, Armsthrift doesn't really have much benefit.

I mean, I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive in real life, but even I find this overreaction to not having full uses on a legendary weapon a bit much.

I would say it's more for convenience reasons - it does mean not needing to grind Infinite Regalia.

Vaike!Nah: 55 General, 46 Sage

Kellam!Nah: 53-5=48 General, 48 Sage

I think pairup boosts matter too. Not everyone is willing to sacrifice 75 Spd or a few points of DS (2.5 compared to Hero Nah) for a little extra Atk, especially when LB, Rally and Agg are all on the table, because everything dies to that anyway.

However, I do recommend Vaike.

Should i just leave her a Sniper without Armsthrift and use Longbow instead of Double Bow?

Forged Longbows are fine. The main use of Longbows in Apo is getting Anna to come off her throne so she loses the Avo bonus, and you don't actually need to do any damage to do that.

Is it bad if Frederick is a bachelor? I remember reading that he was one of the best fathers, but that may or may not have been on GameFAQs. I don't see how he's all that amazing compared to the other GK dads.

It's fine to leave him out. GameFAQs is a pretty unreliable source, Fred isn't actually that amazing (no Faires and -2 Spd aren't something most units can take).

Where does this idea that Armsthrift is needed to use legendary weapons come from?

He doesn't have IR.

Hey, I'm trying out Vaike!Severa, with my Chrom!Inigo, has anybody tried that before?

Edit: Same, hope your arm gets better.

I'm going to actually recommend Bow Knight for Chrom!Inigo instead of Paladin. You miss out on the Paladin's +7 Str but Vaike!Severa has high Str and is in a class with good Str as well so it is not too much of a loss. Bowfaire access is important. Ignoring Weapon Triangle and going through Pavise as a Physical weapon on top of 2 range, Galeforce access, and Brave effect makes Brave Bow amazing for Bow Knight Chrom!Inigo. The Bow Knight has amazing pair up bonuses. +3 Skl and Spd is always great and +1 move benefits Hero Severa quite a bit as you go from a 6/8 Move pair to a 7/8 move pair.

Bow Knight Chrom!Inigo

Bowfaire

Galeforce

Luna

Aggressor

Limit Break

Hero Vaike!Severa

Axefaire

Luna

Galeforce

Anathema

Limit Break

Hi! ^^ I'm getting Fire Emblem Awakening today, and wanted to plan out my pairings a bit. I'm a total noob to this game and the series as a whole, so I'm sorry if I say anything stupid!

I stole Goldluck's suggested pairings (here), and just put FeMU with Chrom, which is the only part I'd really like to keep that way. That leaves Olivia out, and I'm not sure how to readjust these based on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FeMU x Chrom

Stahl x Cordelia

Frederick x Cherche

Kellam x Panne

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Gaius x Tharja

Ricken x Lissa

Gregor x Miriel

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Hi! ^^ I'm getting Fire Emblem Awakening today, and wanted to plan out my pairings a bit. I'm a total noob to this game and the series as a whole, so I'm sorry if I say anything stupid!

I stole Goldluck's suggested pairings (here), and just put FeMU with Chrom, which is the only part I'd really like to keep that way. That leaves Olivia out, and I'm not sure how to readjust these based on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FeMU x Chrom

Stahl x Cordelia

Frederick x Cherche

Kellam x Panne

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Gaius x Tharja

Ricken x Lissa

Gregor x Miriel

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Freddy x Olivia, Virion x Maribelle, Lon'qu x Severa, Stahl x Cherche.

These are the changes you should make. Otherwise it is good.