Ok now i have to plan out the children pairings. Im gonna need a little help with this one...

Chrom!Cynthia DF x LIbra!Brady Sage

Stahl!Inigo Assassin? x Vaike!Nah Manakete? or Wyvern Lord?

Lonqu!Severa Hero x Berserker MU

Gaius!Noire Sniper x Henry!Gerome Berserker

Sumia!Lucina DF x Gregor!Laurent Sage/Sorc(Can do the 100% VV and has Armsthrift)

Donnel!Kjelle Assain/Paladin x Frederick!Yarne Berserker

Ok, last pairing is Morgan x Owain, but idk what to do with this. Since Owain is magical, it means that Morgan has to be Dark Flier, but Morgan only has 42 Magic because Severa is her mother., although comes with an insane 52 speed and 49 skill(without LB). Currently the Asset is speed and Flaw is Defense, but should i restart the game and make the Asset Magic or skill or something? It wont hurt the Avatar because he just supports Severa. +Magic Asset gives me a whopping 46 Magic with Morgan, but only 50 speed and 47 skill. So, should i do Magic Asset?

Also for that other person, i dont have Infinite Regalia, so what do u mean i dont need Armsthrift for Double Bow? And thanks Czar, i guess i can just use Longbow.

Edited by Waifu Severa

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom x Female Avatar

Lucina x Gerome

Morgan x Severa

Cordelia x Gaius

Sumia x Frederick

Miriel x Kellam

Vaike x Maribelle

These were my pairings in my first playthrough and I will always ship Chrom x Female Avatar.

Waifu Severa's post

I think most of your pair-ups look solid for the kids - the class bonuses capitalize their strengths, which is good.

You're on Lunatic, right? I probably wouldn't bother restarting with +Mag since a magical Owain will still get at least a +4 to Mag being paired up with that Morgan (ignoring class bonuses, since I can't remember the Mag bonus for DF), but I tend to prioritize the ability to double over the ability to hit super hard. Morgan with 52 SPD accomplishes this no matter what Owain's class is, since she only needs like +3 from him to double even enemy Assassins and will definitely smack all other enemies twice by herself, but Morgan with 50 SPD may not (which I can vouch for, since my last Lunatic Severa had 50 SPD and no doubling occurred on maxed enemies without a pair up).

EDIT: Of course this assumes you don't have Limit Breaker, whoops, but I think what I said still stands since even if you have the DLC it'll take a while to tackle it.

Edited by yewfelles

Double Bow has more power (18 vs 14 on common enemies, 44 vs 42 on flying enemies) but less accuracy.

GF+TF is MaMU exclusive. But MaMU x 1st forces a 2nd-Gale-girl to be benched.

Unless you re-pair the avatar in an A rank support with one of the girls, like I'm doing with my avatar and Lucina.

I think most of your pair-ups look solid for the kids - the class bonuses capitalize their strengths, which is good.

You're on Lunatic, right? I probably wouldn't bother restarting with +Mag since a magical Owain will still get at least a +4 to Mag being paired up with that Morgan (ignoring class bonuses, since I can't remember the Mag bonus for DF), but I tend to prioritize the ability to double over the ability to hit super hard. Morgan with 52 SPD accomplishes this no matter what Owain's class is, since she only needs like +3 from him to double even enemy Assassins and will definitely smack all other enemies twice by herself, but Morgan with 50 SPD may not (which I can vouch for, since my last Lunatic Severa had 50 SPD and no doubling occurred on maxed enemies without a pair up).

EDIT: Of course this assumes you don't have Limit Breaker, whoops, but I think what I said still stands since even if you have the DLC it'll take a while to tackle it.

Yeah im on lunatic but im only on Chapter 1, and i cant seem to pass it lmfao.

52+10(LB)+3(Pair up)+2(tonic)+*(Rally without heart)=74, wow. I need heart to reach 75, or i can do the barracks boost, even tho i dont know how to do it.

Yeah im on lunatic but im only on Chapter 1, and i cant seem to pass it lmfao.

52+10(LB)+3(Pair up)+2(tonic)+*(Rally without heart)=74, wow. I need heart to reach 75, or i can do the barracks boost, even tho i dont know how to do it.

Yeah, it's pretty insane. Very few things will be able to go any faster than that -- Apotheiosis enemies, probably, without all of them going at once, but that's seriously it, and with all of those bonuses even there she'll land a 4x on everything with Brave weapons, I'm reasonably sure. A couple of points off of the attack stat she herself is less likely to use seems like a pretty good trade-off to me.

Chapter 1 is the one where the Risen first appear, right? Unless you're trying to use units other than Frederick, you can smack him and Chrom on a fort with the bronze sword equipped and he can solo the entire thing.

Hi! ^^ I'm getting Fire Emblem Awakening today, and wanted to plan out my pairings a bit. I'm a total noob to this game and the series as a whole, so I'm sorry if I say anything stupid!

First playthroughs are first playthroughs and you only get one. Please don't ruin it by worrying about pairings, just go for aesthetics, don't grind and play to have fun. Awakening has a ton of replay value and if you like it enough to spend time grinding up a team, you'll like it enough to do a second playthrough.

Ok, last pairing is Morgan x Owain, but idk what to do with this. Since Owain is magical, it means that Morgan has to be Dark Flier, but Morgan only has 42 Magic because Severa is her mother., although comes with an insane 52 speed and 49 skill(without LB). Currently the Asset is speed and Flaw is Defense, but should i restart the game and make the Asset Magic or skill or something? It wont hurt the Avatar because he just supports Severa. +Magic Asset gives me a whopping 46 Magic with Morgan, but only 50 speed and 47 skill. So, should i do Magic Asset?

Make Nah a Hero and pair her with Owain (Hero is a Str/Mag neutral pairup) and give Morgan Inigo instead.

My friend and I made a team and I am wondering on how they look.

Lissa x +Mag -Str Avatar

Olivia x Chrom

Maribelle x Virion

Sumie x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Nowi x Vaike

Mirel x Lon'qu

Cordeila x Stahl

Panne x Frederick

Cherche x Gregor

We have also paired the kids.

Cynthia x Owain

Nah x Inigo

Lucina x Gerome

Morgan x Laurnet

Noire x Brady

Severa x Yarne

Thoughts?

Make Nah a Hero and pair her with Owain (Hero is a Str/Mag neutral pairup) and give Morgan Inigo instead.

So its Sage Owain lead x Hero Nah

and Morgan (which class?) x Inigo(idk which class)

And if Morgan is Physical, that means i have 5 physical pairs and only 2 magical.

Morgan/Inigo can use any of the good physical classes, they've both got pretty large pools. 5 Phys/2 Mag is a bit unbalanced, but could be fun. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lol 5/2 seems waaaay unbalanced, but i guess i can try it....

You sure any of my other pairings cant be Magical? Unbalanced was the reason i made Lucina DF instead of Great Lord.

OK, I'm seeing Owain, Cynthia and Lucina as magical leads. That's 3 pairings, and that's not too bad.

Oh yeah lol, forgot u told me to do Owain x Nah instead. 4/3 physical/magical is good, i did that in my main.

If you keep Nah married to Inigo, you could make her a General. It has the highest strength of any of her available classes, so her Dual Strikes will be more powerful than as a Hero, and Inigo can still double everything if you give him All Stats + 2.

I dont have rally heart or AS+2. Im just gonna go with what Czar said, which is Owain x Nah and Morgan x Inigo.

Also Lunatic is extremely hard, do i have to abuse Frederick and defeat all the enemies with him?

Asset is still +Speed -Defense

Generally the idea is to use Fred to hurt stuff and then feed it to whatever you want to train. Lunatic is the big point of maps like EXP and CoY, it's -very- hard to get units off the ground without special strategies there.

But since your Avatar is -Def, blitzing to Cht.4 with Fred might be your best bet anyway. You'll be able to train on Golden Gaffe (albeit slowly) until the rest of your team can hold its own.

There's also another thread dedicated to Lunatic(+) (The Lunatic Club) floating around somewhere specifically for getting through the mode, so you might find some useful advice there. Lunatic's metagame changes a lot more slowly than Apo's so more of the thread will be relevant.

Lon'qu!Severa is good because she can reach 75 Spd as a Wyvern Lord. Fred x Lissa gives bad mod clash, don't do it. Kellam gives Gerome neither BF nor Zerker, and he needs at least one of those to be good. Vaike!Inigo has Barbarian overlap and no proc, consider Stahl or Fred instead. Ricken x Miriel is good if Ricken is free- but it's a mods-only pair so don't do it if Ricken could see better use elsewhere (Owain). Everything I didn't mention is fine if you use it right.

I'm assuming you mean that Gerome needs someone who has access to Berserker? XD I'm thinking Vaike may be a better choice for him. I also just went ahead and switched Ricken to lissa. Thanks for the advice :)

Ok i beat chapter 1 on Lunatic, now im at chapter 2 and it seems impossible because enemies come from everywhere. Also during endgame, how do people cap their characters if you only get 1 exp from spotpass things?

Ok i beat chapter 1 on Lunatic, now im at chapter 2 and it seems impossible because enemies come from everywhere. Also during endgame, how do people cap their characters if you only get 1 exp from spotpass things?

C2 is a bunch of Pick a God and Pray.

As far as capping goes:

1. Not being on Lunatic(+). [You don't need to be capped to beat Lunatic(+). Not even P23.]

2. DLC.

3. It's not unreasonable to cap MU and maybe 1 or 2 other units with the base amounts of EXP available if you know how to flow it.

4. Anything with access to Staves or *IS OLIVIA* can infinitely gain EXP by Staff/Dance spam.

Hey AC. Welcome back.

I'm assuming you mean that Gerome needs someone who has access to Berserker? XD I'm thinking Vaike may be a better choice for him. I also just went ahead and switched Ricken to lissa. Thanks for the advice :)

Either Berserker or Bowfaire, yeah.

Cool story: I just put together a team with 100% DS on all 7 child pairs.

My friend and I made a team and I am wondering on how they look.

Lissa x +Mag -Str Avatar

Olivia x Chrom

Maribelle x Virion

Sumie x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Nowi x Vaike

Mirel x Lon'qu

Cordeila x Stahl

Panne x Frederick

Cherche x Gregor

Most of this looks pretty great! Here's what I do not agree with:

Lissa/Avatar

Maribelle/Virion

Lissa/Avatar:

Everything here is under the assumption that you want Avatar to parent two children.

Unless you want to make Owain a physical lead (which, given the +MAG is evidently not true), the Avatar's massive class set can be better used elsewhere. If you wanted to make a strong magical Morgan, Ricken would be a better parent. This is even more so if you do FeMU x Ricken!Laurent. The common consensus for Avatar's parenting would be for Gerome (poor skill set), Nah (gets Galeforce), and Yarne (physical LEAD). Some also say Cynthia, but I think Henry!Cynthia gives you very little to complain about.

Maribelle/Virion:

I know I'm going to get some flame for this, but Virion is very, very rarely a good father. You also didn't include Noire's parent, so I'm going to assume Gaius is her father.

Brady and Noire are some of the best support characters in the game, but seeing as how you have them paired up, you should go for a Dark Flier Noire x Sage Brady combo or a Dark Flier/Sage Support Noire x Sorcerer Lead Brady. If you go Dark Flier x Sage, you want a father like Lon'qu (I know he's taken, you might have to switch around some parents), who give more skill and speed. If you want to go Sorcerer Brady, you're choices are Libra or Henry. Libra has a massive class overlap, but Brady really does not care. He just wants the Sorcerer access and +4 MAG mod. If you go Henry, you get Wrath and Gamble. Paired with Ruin, you won't be able to hear anything over all of Brady's critical hit quotes.

If you provide us ideas on who you want to be a forward and you want to be support, as well as their respective classes, it'll be easier for us to help you fix up your pairing. A lot of the children's parents are great, but I'm unsure how well they'll function in a pair-up scenario. I am by no means a great player in any respect, but I'll try to do what I can to help ^^.

Cherche doesn't have Galeforce. Avatar will have to be benched due to not being part of a Galepair, and Gerome doesn't need Avatar's genes. He just needs Berserker or Bowfaire, and there are five perfectly good fathers who can give him that already.

Yarne lacks GF. Leading without GF (unless you're a VV unit) doesn't work in Apo. He's also got pretty much everything already and won't benefit at all from Avatar's classes.

Virion!Severa, Virion!Yarne, Virion!Gerome, Virion!Brady and Virion!Nah are all near the top for those children. I'd say Virion is one of the best fathers in the game. Is being one of the best fathers to 50% of the normal children not good enough?

Sorcs are outclassed by Sages in Apo in Spd, Skl, Mag, and pairup bonuses. They have Waste, but it's Hit is very trolly. Mire is best left to Shadowgift Valkyrie Staffbots if you need it.

Wrath+Gamble+Ruin+support =90 crit. Enemies in S.Apo start at 55 Lck and go up from there, and without a Brave on the lead your damage will be pretty unimpressive, critical or not.

Cherche doesn't have Galeforce. Avatar will have to be benched due to not being part of a Galepair, and Gerome doesn't need Avatar's genes. He just needs Berserker or Bowfaire, and there are five perfectly good fathers who can give him that already.

Yarne lacks GF. Leading without GF (unless you're a VV unit) doesn't work in Apo. He's also got pretty much everything already and won't benefit at all from Avatar's classes.

Virion!Severa, Virion!Yarne, Virion!Gerome, Virion!Brady and Virion!Nah are all near the top for those children. I'd say Virion is one of the best fathers in the game. Is being one of the best fathers to 50% of the normal children not good enough?

Sorcs are outclassed by Sages in Apo in Spd, Skl, Mag, and pairup bonuses. They have Waste, but it's Hit is very trolly. Mire is best left to Shadowgift Valkyrie Staffbots if you need it.

Wrath+Gamble+Ruin+support =90 crit. Enemies in S.Apo start at 55 Lck and go up from there, and without a Brave on the lead your damage will be pretty unimpressive, critical or not.

Before I reply, I hope to be able to approach this as a discussion and not have it become an argument.

Let's assume Secret Apotheosis for the discussion of this topic.

Chrom+Pair, Olivia, 3 Staffbots, 2 Rally Bots. 12 Slots left. 6 Pairs.

Given that, if the player wants to deploy all the children, that's 11 slots. Sumia, Cordelia, or Avatar are good candidates for the last one. Not every pair up has to be S ranked. Which brings me to the first point:

1. Cherche does not have Galeforce. Avatar does not have to be paired up with Cherche. In fact, he does not even have to be deployed in Secret Apotheosis. In respect to your saying "Gerome doesn't need Avatar's genes," I agree with that completely. It's just important to point out that the fathers that give him Axefaire, namely, Henry, Gregor, and Vaike, are oftentimes demanded by other, more versatile children to complete their skill sets. Gerome, being a support character and without Galeforce, is less highly prioritized. Of course, that leaves Bowfaire possibilities involving Stahl and Virion (I will disregard Ricken). Stahl is, again, in very high demand, and, on a personal level, Virion is never used.

2. I agree with your notion that Yarne is a poor lead, lacking the very useful Galeforce. I usually propose that Yarne should be a full-time physical support, to which I am sure you will agree. Glancing over a Yarne's skill set again, he seems to benefit only from Axefaire, with Breakers being undesirable in support characters. Stahl and Frederick (Ricken again being diregarded) are the only fathers that offer Dual Guard+. Again Stahl is more desirable on lead characters. Frederick is actually pretty viable, but I leave that open for the opinion of others. Hence, Avatar will provide Yarne not only with Dual Guard + as a support, but also with the opportunity to be a great lead character.

3. As I suspected, somebody will argue my beliefs of Virion. Your opinion being so superlative, I will spend little time discussing his potential as a father. After considering your response, I am slightly inclined to agree that he is a decent father for some children if they are designated to play a support role, the Archer branch opening up some possibilities. I am interested in working with you sometime to design some skill sets for Virion!Child, as you seem to have great ideas regarding this. ^^

4. This will combine your last two points into one. I myself, was never a fan of Sorcerers, but I was merely proposing possibilities for Brady's father in the event that Deivl34 was interested in the prospect. I would also like to take this time to admit that I may have been mistaken in critical hit rates. Nevertheless, it is always enjoyable to have a high-crit character to play with, perhaps outside of Apotheosis (I'm aware I am breaking the boundaries of this discussion).

I mean no offense when I say this: It would be great, instead of merely shooting down my ideas, to propose more of your own for the sake of the person asking the question. This being the reason we responded in the first place.

I found your ideas very interesting, and I hope you find the same value in mine.

Before I reply, I hope to be able to approach this as a discussion and not have it become an argument.

No worries, I won't argue here. And sorry if I sound confrontational, I'm in a bit of a bad mood because I got vaccinated yesterday and the effect hasn't worn off yet. But do allow me to elaborate.

Let's assume Secret Apotheosis for the discussion of this topic.

Chrom+Pair, Olivia, 3 Staffbots, 2 Rally Bots. 12 Slots left. 6 Pairs.

Given that, if the player wants to deploy all the children, that's 11 slots. Sumia, Cordelia, or Avatar are good candidates for the last one. Not every pair up has to be S ranked. Which brings me to the first point:

Math time, then. I'll assume a pair averages 140 total Skl (this is pretty reasonable for 2nd gen pairs). That's a 95% DS rate with S and 85% with A (and no DS+).

Over two hits, 95% has a 9.75% chance of not striking twice, while 85% has a 27.75% chance of not striking twice. Over 4 hits, 95% is ~18.55% failure, and 85% is ~47.78% chance of failure. Obviously 100% DS is preferred, but this is a pretty big difference.

There is a way to get around that (Avatar marries 1st gen, then fights with Lucina at A to use DS+), though.

1. Cherche does not have Galeforce. Avatar does not have to be paired up with Cherche. In fact, he does not even have to be deployed in Secret Apotheosis. In respect to your saying "Gerome doesn't need Avatar's genes," I agree with that completely. It's just important to point out that the fathers that give him Axefaire, namely, Henry, Gregor, and Vaike, are oftentimes demanded by other, more versatile children to complete their skill sets. Gerome, being a support character and without Galeforce, is less highly prioritized. Of course, that leaves Bowfaire possibilities involving Stahl and Virion (I will disregard Ricken). Stahl is, again, in very high demand, and, on a personal level, Virion is never used.

While most of Cherche's preferred pairings can be in high demand, Avatar is too.

2. I agree with your notion that Yarne is a poor lead, lacking the very useful Galeforce. I usually propose that Yarne should be a full-time physical support, to which I am sure you will agree. Glancing over a Yarne's skill set again, he seems to benefit only from Axefaire, with Breakers being undesirable in support characters. Stahl and Frederick (Ricken again being diregarded) are the only fathers that offer Dual Guard+. Again Stahl is more desirable on lead characters. Frederick is actually pretty viable, but I leave that open for the opinion of others. Hence, Avatar will provide Yarne not only with Dual Guard + as a support, but also with the opportunity to be a great lead character.

Frederick... His only other good pairing is Inigo. He shouldn't be in that high of demand.

3. As I suspected, somebody will argue my beliefs of Virion. Your opinion being so superlative, I will spend little time discussing his potential as a father. After considering your response, I am slightly inclined to agree that he is a decent father for some children if they are designated to play a support role, the Archer branch opening up some possibilities. I am interested in working with you sometime to design some skill sets for Virion!Child, as you seem to have great ideas regarding this. ^^

See rest of post on why Virion is good.

4. This will combine your last two points into one. I myself, was never a fan of Sorcerers, but I was merely proposing possibilities for Brady's father in the event that Deivl34 was interested in the prospect. I would also like to take this time to admit that I may have been mistaken in critical hit rates. Nevertheless, it is always enjoyable to have a high-crit character to play with, perhaps outside of Apotheosis (I'm aware I am breaking the boundaries of this discussion).

If critstacking is your thing, it's possible to get 155 crit (100% on S.Apo's normal mooks) on a VV build without LB/Rally that can OHKO anything that lacks Aegis+ and has 55 Lck.

Sorc on Brady does have merit if you want to replace Luna with Vengeance as his proc, but it's by no means necessary and probably harder to use.

I mean no offense when I say this: It would be great, instead of merely shooting down my ideas, to propose more of your own for the sake of the person asking the question. This being the reason we responded in the first place.

I found your ideas very interesting, and I hope you find the same value in mine.

Alright, Virion.

Virion!Severa: Virion and Lon'qu share the ability to pass Severa Wyvern along with the mods to use it well, a niche she only shares with Morgan. With LB/GF/LF/Veng/All+2 and a Berserker support, she reaches 75 Spd, while having the highest Atk of any 8-Mov unit. Flight is also very helpful on Wave 5. Anyway, Virion and Lon'qu are identical in terms of Wyvern, but Lon'qu gives SF for Hero and Virion gives TF for Dark Flier- I just tend to prefer the latter.

Virion!Nah/Yarne: These two are similar so I'm lumping them together. Virion passes the highest Skl mod of any Archer (gives Skl+2), meaning that Virion!Nah/Yarne are at their highest possible potential for boosting DS rates. Both of them can be Snipers for this, but Yarne still appreciates Hit+20 as a Berserker and Nah can work well as a Sage for greater pairing potential. Gerome is in the same basket, though he'll be relegated to Bowfaire Warrior with Virion.

As for Brady, he's got everything and just cares about mods- which are what Virion has to offer. Lon'qu is better, but between Severa and Laurent he's usually busy. Libra/Ricken/Henry can give Brady mods too, but they're harder to shuffle around and Henry!Brady in particular has a tendency to cause snafus with other pairings (I haven't looked too closely into this, but either Inigo, Gerome or Nah usually gets stuck with someone suboptimal as a result).