I'd make Nowi a Bride for 10 extra levels, or a DK. Avatar wants to pass down Veteran which he already has, so just go with whatever you want- Paladin is nice for ingame, while DK/DF let you keep both your Tomes and Swords.

Alright then, I think I'll go for Dread Fighter and Bride for 10 extra levels each and keeping the swords and tomes. Plus I've never tried a dread fighter/bride couple together, that would look pretty damn cool.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then, I think I'll go for Dread Fighter and Bride for 10 extra levels each and keeping the swords and tomes. Plus I've never tried a dread fighter/bride couple together, that would look pretty damn cool.

They support eachother well enough to be useful even in Apo, actually- DF boosts Bride's Str and Bride boosts DF's Mag. Very nice for getting around PavGis, especially when Bride can choose Lances or Bows. They also have complete weapon triangle control between the two (actually, they have all 6 weapon types).

Im still debating between Virion!Brady and Libra!Brady. Ive researched some, and people said Libra was better for Sorc access and +1 mag. Although in my case, Virion!brady can actually reach 75 speed.

45+10(LB)+8(DF Pair Up)+8(rally)+2(tonic)+2(barracks)=75

I still cant decide between 75 speed with baracks but 1 less mag and no sorc.

i dont even know how to do the barracks boost but i can learn.

Barracks Boost gives +4 in two random stats (other than HP) to a random unit for one battle, and is a random event that can sometimes occur in the barracks. Basically, it's something that you would only use for challenge runs in which that stat is vital for completion. There are a few ways of speeding the process up (characters always get boosts on their birthdays, for example) but it's not like you can just wait for a Barracks event to open up, save, and keep resetting until you get what you like- the RNG is fixed. Because it's so random and takes so long to set up for a 1 battle payoff, I try to avoid strategies that rely on them.

Strategies for getting them faster include killing off other units on classic to increase the chance of your desired unit being selected, and formatting your 3ds after every try to reduce the amount of time you need to wait after changing the clock to the character's birthday. Those aren't exactly desirable, as you might be able to guess.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Depends on parent, but usually LB/Faire/All+2/Str+2/+Hit filler. Nah's filler options are fairly sparse unless Henry is her dad, she should use Skl+2 or Hit+20 if she has an Archer dad though.

TF.

Noire should usually be physical/Bride. Assassin and Sniper work well for her.

That's actually what I was considering doing with her and pairing her up with Brady, though particularly since I've banned brave weapons, there may be something to be said for having at least one character with access to long/double bows as a sniper, and Noire's a prime candidate.

Also, god damn, Czar_Yoshi, your patience and commitment are astounding to answer so many questions on a daily basis. I hope this isn't a chore for you or anything.

Edited by Alastor15243

With no Braves, don't forget Luna Mystletainn Assassin. Their Skl is kind of absurd.

No, I do this for fun.

Brady: maybe. 75 Spd is the upper threshold to aim for, but there are only 3 enemies in Apo that require it so it's not like you have to make all your units reach it or anything. Libra!Laurent isn't bad (in the same way that Nah isn't bad) but he's practically identical to nobody!Laurent, and since Libra has a lot to offer to others, it's more of an issue of wasting Libra's potential.

Laurent's normally recommended fathers are actually mostly for Vantage, but if he's not doing VV then he sort of doesn't even matter.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Laurent is basically a male Nah who's locked to Sage but can do VV. His commonly recommended fathers are Stahl/Gregor/Lon'qu because he needs them for Vantage. Without them pretty much anyone except the dudes with negative Mag mods are equal on him since he's already got a full skillset for hard support (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/Mag+2 or Anathema), so I just list those three as his recommended supports since they can do both. Outside of Fred and Vaike, there isn't really a bad Laurent.

Laurent is basically a male Nah who's locked to Sage but can do VV. His commonly recommended fathers are Stahl/Gregor/Lon'qu because he needs them for Vantage. Without them pretty much anyone except the dudes with negative Mag mods are equal on him since he's already got a full skillset for hard support (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/Mag+2 or Anathema), so I just list those three as his recommended supports since they can do both. Outside of Fred and Vaike, there isn't really a bad Laurent.

Oh, you meant his FATHER "sort of doesn't even matter". I get it. For a second I was like "Jeez, no wonder you humored my idea to turn him into a mama's boy staff bot."

Depends on parent, but usually LB/Faire/All+2/Str+2/+Hit filler. Nah's filler options are fairly sparse unless Henry is her dad, she should use Skl+2 or Hit+20 if she has an Archer dad though.

sorry forgot to mention, avatar is the father. and she should be hero too right

Edited by ipodluffy

Im still debating between Virion!Brady and Libra!Brady. Ive researched some, and people said Libra was better for Sorc access and +1 mag. Although in my case, Virion!brady can actually reach 75 speed.

45+10(LB)+8(DF Pair Up)+8(rally)+2(tonic)+2(barracks)=75

I still cant decide between 75 speed with baracks but 1 less mag and no sorc.

i dont even know how to do the barracks boost but i can learn.

Sorc is straight outclassed by Sage in every stat that matters. Mag, Spd and Skill. +1 Magic means no extra damage because Dragonskin rounds down. Not only can Virion!Brady hit 75 Speed, he is also packing Hit +20 to boot when it comes to hitting the dodgiest enemies in the game.

Virion!Brady is easily the better choice.

Sorc is a bad class, but Vengeance isn't a bad skill and can be used on Sages over Luna as a proc.

+1 atk won't change your damage if you would be doing an even amount before Dragonskin, but it will change it if you'd be doing an odd amount.

Ok..so Virion is the better parent here? And like i said he cant reach 75 Speed because i dont have rally heart and All+2.

And Czar u seem to like Vengeance so much, i actually think it's bad. When u told me to use it on Severa, it wasnt doing anything since Severa wasnt getting hit at all, and i found Astra to be better for her regardless of the low Activation rate.

With all the advice you guys have given me, especially Czar Yoshi, I revised my pairings. It's probably unnecessary, but I included my reasoning for each.

+Mag -Def Libra!Laurent!Morgan

Laurent is just a hard support so he doesn't mind Libra. Morgan has just 1 less Magic than Ricken!Laurent!Morgan but doesn't prevent Owain from getting Ricken.

Sumia!Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia

Cynthia gets Aether.

Vaike!Nah

To be a Hero so she can give Brady 75 Speed.

Lon'qu!Severa

She passes 75 Speed as a Wyvern Lord. There isn't any particular reason why she has Lon'qu and Brady has Virion instead of the other way around. I'll switch them if that would be better.

Ricken!Owain

For Luna and great Magic. This is the best Owain as far as I can tell.

Virion!Brady

75 Speed

Stahl!Inigo

Luna, Bowfaire, and mods.

Gregor!Yarne

I figured Armsthrift on a hard support couldn't hurt. I know that alone isn't a good reason to use Gregor, but no one else needed him.

Henry!Gerome

Gets Berserker and Anathema. Vaike was taken.

Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire

These two are standard.

DarkFlier!Lucina x Sage!Morgan

Morgan's high Magic makes good use of Dual Strike+.

DarkFlier!FeMU x Sage!Laurent

For Morgan's sake, but with Ignis and Luna, FeMU shouldn't mind being in front.

DarkFlier!Cynthia x Sage!Owain

It was between Ricken!Owain and Virion!Brady. I'll switch them if it would be better.

Sage!Brady x Hero!Nah

75 Speed Brady.

WyvernRider!Severa x Berserker!Yarne

Kjelle needs Inigo, my lone physical GF support, more. I'll switch Yarne and Gerome if that would be better.

Hero!Kjelle x Assassin!Inigo

My only pure physical double GF pair.

Sniper!Noire x Berserker!Gerome

Sniper is the only role Noire can do that isn't already filled.

Who should use the boots? I was thinking Lucina and Cynthia Brady and Kjelle.

Edited by isetrh

If she's not getting hit at all and doing just fine KOing everything, then she might not need a proc at all.

Vengeance is definitely a lot harder to use than Luna, but it's definitely a good skill if you're good with HP management. Treating HP like a currency rather than insurance is second nature for me though, so I might be getting above average mileage from my Vengeance skirmishers due to a more aggressive playstyle (charging Counter foes at 1 range, attacking Hawkeye foes without a Brave and fighting on EP to charge Vengeance, for example).

If she's not getting hit at all and doing just fine KOing everything, then she might not need a proc at all.

Vengeance is definitely a lot harder to use than Luna, but it's definitely a good skill if you're good with HP management. Treating HP like a currency rather than insurance is second nature for me though, so I might be getting above average mileage from my Vengeance skirmishers due to a more aggressive playstyle (charging Counter foes at 1 range, attacking Hawkeye foes without a Brave and fighting on EP to charge Vengeance, for example).

She has nothing to replace Astra other than Deliverer, which is nice for the move but i might end up using my boots on her anyway. And i dont play aggressive, i play mixed offense and defense.

Also for Lonqu!Severa!Morgan with +speed -Def, she gets 48 speed(without LB or anything) and 48 strength. Is it a good idea to have her as a Wyvern Lord(since she can still reach 75) while being paired with a berserker for that insane strength? Her hubby is planned to be Inigo like you said.

Well, then, that changes a few things. Avatar's female children generally run LB/GF/Ignis/Luna/Faire.

Luna triggers BEFORE Ignis, right? I have my suspicions that if I have Morgan and Nah roll out as Manaketes, Ignis will be better than Luna for them, causing Luna to actually harm their average damage output in exchange for stability. Am I wrong?