1. 1. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos

• Kanto
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos
    • Orre

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos.
Personally,
Johto>Kanto>Hoenn>Sinnoh>Kalos>Unova, personally, GEN V was the worst gen for me, but ehh, thats just me.

EDIT: I added Orre to it.

Also: Johto>Kanto>Hoenn=Orre>Sinnoh=Kalos>Unove

Edited by MasterKeeper™

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoenn

i'd probably be slightly less fond of it if it wasn't constantly the victim of such overwhelming amounts of dumb backlash, but really it's still a neat region

Sinnoh's a closeish second, and HGSS really did a great job of selling me on Kanto/Johto

Unova's pretty neat too i guess but it comes across as somehow slightly blander than the others for reasons i can't really put my finger on

Johto, mainly cuz it was the most memorable for me (the fact that I could go to Kanto later too also made me love Gold/Silver/Crystal). It also has some of my favorite cities (Ecruteak City, Blackthorn City), my favorite Legendary Duo (Ho-oh, Lugia), and my second favorite rival (Silver) in the series. And it has National Park (DAT MUSIC!). I get more nostalgia thinking of Johto than I do Kanto sometimes...

Edited by Silver Lightning

Imo, Sinnoh and Kalos > Unova > Kanto > Johto > Hoenn. Gen 3 is the worst for me. There's little I really like about it at all.

But I don't know if I like Sinnoh or Kalos best now! Sinnoh is just overall awesome (and I played gen 4 to death and loved it) and Kalos is based on one of the places I was hoping for on the region of gen 6 (those being France and Pittsburgh, PA in the US). And I like its star shape. ^^

And why do TM's get to be used infinitely anyways?

because once every few centuries, the heavens align and open before us, and the almighty Game Freak issues a proclamation in a deep, booming voice:

"LET POKéMON PLAYERS EVERYWHERE SUFFER SLIGHTLY LESS THAN USUAL"

and they gazed upon Their creation and saw that it was good

between infinite TMs and the auto-replenishing Repels that happened far more often than usual in the past three years

Unova. Everything felt alive and dynamic. To me anyway, before someone comes at me pretending their own opinion is fact. Would have been Sinnoh, for the atmosphere but eh.

2. Sinnoh

3. Hoenn

4. Johto

5. Kanto.

I don't hate them or anything.

1ST. Unova

2nd. Hoenn

3rd. johto

4th. Kanto

5th. Sinnoh

Kalos is undecided until i play X and Y when they release.

I go into each gen with no expectations based on my opinions of previous gens, which is why Unova is my favorite.

because once every few centuries, the heavens align and open before us, and the almighty Game Freak issues a proclamation in a deep, booming voice:

"LET POKéMON PLAYERS EVERYWHERE SUFFER SLIGHTLY LESS THAN USUAL"

and they gazed upon Their creation and saw that it was good

between infinite TMs and the auto-replenishing Repels that happened far more often than usual in the past three years

xD

Yay Johto is winning

And also, infinite TMs do make the game a bit easier.

Hoenn. Most diverse region, quite big and has that lovely ocean full of secrets to find. I don't understand how people like Johto, without kanto it's incomplete and it's by far the smallest region, even in HG/SS.

For me, Hoenn > Sinnoh > kanto > unova (SO LINEAR!) > Johto

Edited by Nobody

Personally my favourite is Sinnoh. I love the east-west split and the diversity of areas. Platinum especially sold the world to me with the vast flower fields contrasted by snowy mountains. Now, traversing said snowy mountains was slow going, but atmospherically it's my absolute favourite. I'm surprised so many people like it the least.

Kanto is my 2nd favourite due to its grid layout and lots of interconnection making it easy to approach the mid-game non-linearly. I like how you can approach Erika, Sabrina, Koga, and to a lesser extent Blaine in pretty much any way you want. And then in GS and its remakes, revisiting Kanto is one of the more open affairs in Pokemon as you go for the remaining 8 badges. However, the region itself doesn't have much in the way of variation, it's just well laid out.

There isn't really any region I dislike. Hoenn is my least favourite, since I got sick of the many, many water routes, even though I like the region's theme.

Have we got any news about kalos besides the fact that it looks like France? I mean, a map with the cities, etc. I find it hard to judge it before seing the routes/cities/caves/ocean placement.

Edited by Nobody