1. 1. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos

• Kanto
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos
    • Orre

Fishing is tricky in Gen III. You press it before "Oh! A bite!" comes up and you lose your catch. You press it too late (and you have about 1.5 seconds), you lose your catch. And you have to do this multiple times depending on the catch quality. Takes some getting used to but it's not that hard once you figure it out.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing is tricky in Gen III. You press it before "Oh! A bite!" comes up and you lose your catch. You press it too late (and you have about 1.5 seconds), you lose your catch. And you have to do this multiple times depending on the catch quality. Takes some getting used to but it's not that hard once you figure it out.

Well, I never could get used to it, it seems. But I would like to beat Emerald simply because I have a shiny Aggron and Aggron is one of the FEW gen 3 Pokemon I really like. And I don't want to transfer my Aggron yet because it's part of my team and I want to beat the league first...eventually. xP

johto is the one overrated. It has barely anything and is still winning. IMO, the only way to consider johto a full region is putting kanto together (which is not an issue, since every game with johto also has kanto).

Come at me, johto lovers!

Btw, to fish in RSE you have to press A when "OH! A bite" or something like that appears, lol.

Edited by Nobody

Ana noooooooo Hoenn is awesome ;o; How can you hate the game so much when you haven't even beaten it? ;-;

Anyways, for me it's Johto>Hoenn=Orre>Unova>Sinnoh>Kanto

Johto is just plain amazing as a region for me, tbh I don't even need Kanto tacked on to love it~ There's always so much to see and do in this game, even if it is just the weekly events after a while. On top of that, it had it's own simple charm to it and the game itself wasn't horrendously broken, which is really nice.

Hoenn and Orre share the spot of second place, partly due to nostalgia, but mostly due to how damned fun they were to explore. Even though the water sections were annoying (although to be fair, what Pokémon game has a fun water section?) it was nice to have so many areas to poke around and check out, although the land sections were much better to play around in. Also, the secret bases were the best things ever~

Orre was a near barren wasteland, which in itself made it vastly different than all of the other games, and the fact that in both games your team selection was rather limited was actually a fun challenge for me, although I had a hard time not putting that Shadow Flaffy/Mareep into every other team. XD

Unova was a pretty awesome region, and I loved the Pokémon and designs, although the huge circle map was a real turn-off for me. I'm glad that BW2 fixed that a bit, but I don't enjoy being railroaded so much. :/

Sinnoh, in a word, was bland. Incredibly bland. And having to constantly go back and forth through Mt. Coronet was incredibly irritating, especially when you forgot which side led to the city you wanted. DX

Kanto has been and always will be my least favorite region. I love the Pokémon, and I love the character designs, but good lord do I hate the region itself. I think it's poorly designed and there is absolutely nothing to do other than Mewtwo and the Birds after you beat the Elite Four for the first time. The fact that the games themselves are irritatingly broken doesn't improve my opinion of it either. :/

I like Kanto the most because sequence breaking. I guess Sinnoh and Johto would be next because I played them fully, and everything else would be below them because I didn't play them fully.

Two of the tags are disgusting lies.

ikr, how dare he say Joh~to and Pokemon Johto!

Hoenn comes second because of its biodiversity. Say what you want about all the water, but the ocean sections of other regions are just as bland for the most part, and if you use a Repel then it becomes one of the better surfing experiences.

wow, nothing funner than pressing various keys on the direction pad for hours on end. also your logic is horrible. "oceans suck. Hoenn has the most oceans. it's still the best because you can use repels even though in literally every single other main series game you could do the exact same thing."

If anything, Red and Blue are overrated. Ruby and Sapphire were base breakers when they were new.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BaseBreaker

according to ur trope page, that applies to every single pokemon game. good job!

I sometimes think I'm the only person in the world who likes hoenn ocean. It's full of secrets to find, like that neat sunken ship, the regies, the sky pillar and many hidden caves/ underwater areas. Because of that, it's literally my favorite area in the whole series.

Edited by Nobody

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BaseBreaker

according to ur trope page, that applies to every single pokemon game. good job!

Wow, okay, so apparently my Tropese is pretty rusty. What I meant is that Ruby and Sapphire got quite a bit of backlash, certainly more than Gold and Silver. Of course, Diamond/Pearl and Black/White got it too, but at least they had backwards compatibility.

Ana noooooooo Hoenn is awesome ;o; How can you hate the game so much when you haven't even beaten it? ;-;

I've still gotten all eight gym badges and crap, you know. I've played a lot of it. xP

Wow, okay, so apparently my Tropese is pretty rusty. What I meant is that Ruby and Sapphire got quite a bit of backlash, certainly more than Gold and Silver. Of course, Diamond/Pearl and Black/White got it too, but at least they had backwards compatibility.

Oh...I guess I could see that. Although to be fair, most of the people on SF seem more biased towards 3rd gen than the first two. As we can see by the votes. :p

Johto>Hoenn>Kanto>Unova>Sinnoh

Unranking Kalos for now.

Johto has the coolest selection of Pokemon for me. So does Hoenn but there's too much water there. Kanto is meh. Unova has a lot of Pokemon but none of my favorites are in it except for Starmie and Roserade, and Sinnoh is just bleh on all levels.

Kalos looks so far like it will be somewhere in my top three right now.

Unova>Orre>Johto>Kanto>Sinnoh.

Unova was the only region where I found everything exciting. I think that every Pokemon before postgame being new helped a lot, and the structure of the region is cool to me too. Also it has some of my favorite Pokemon, fuck anyone who says "all gen 5 designs r bad".

I liked Orre because it cut out wild encounters and that streamlined a lot of the fun for me. Constant double battles was crazy awesome at the time. Also it had plenty of cool things at the time from Jotoh.

Johto gets some points because Pokemon Crystal was my first game ever, and it was a really good game. I didn't even know what I was doing but I had fun. Then when I revisited when I was older and actually knew how to do anything in Pokemon it was cool, and HGSS was glorious. It also had my second favorite selection of Pokemon.

Kanto is pretty basic, but it's also pretty good, so yeah.

Hoenn's design is the worst. Water Types The Game never appealed to me. The first half was cool, but after that... fuck.

Sinnoh is terrible

Hoenn>Johto>Sinnoh/Sevii Islands (tie)>Orre>Kanto>Unova

Kalos=X

X<or= Hoenn

Hoenn was the region of the first game I played, so I am biased towards it, but I loved the wide colour pallet, the unique cities, and the amount of stuff you can find hidden in places you've long past. The music helped too. I also tend to like the non linearity in the games, which is why Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Johto are near the top.

Edited by Knight

Hoenn's design is the worst. Water Types The Game never appealed to me. The first half was cool, but after that... fuck.

This is pretty much how I feel about Hoenn. The first half of the game was okay, but come all those damned water routes... Yeah, fuck.

I still don't understand why so many people hate Sinnoh though. It's not really linear, it has a wide diversity of climates (snowy mountains, warm marshlands, tropical islands, lush forests, the only thing it really lacks is a desert), it has a neat set up with the three lakes and Mt. Coronet dividing it in half, and some beautiful cities. I don't see what's not to like about it. :/

Hoenn's water routes annoyed the hell out of me for being tediously long and lacking different species of Pokemon. All I ever found was Wingull and Tentacool and their evolved forms. Why no Luvdisc or Carvahna or Wailmer or anything else? >_>

Gen 3 is my favorite gen, and Pokemon Colosseum is my favorite game, so naturally I'd pick Orre. :P

Despite none of the starters even being Gen 3 Pokemon. :p

I don't actually like Kanto too much myself, but the Sevii Islands were awesome, in my opinion. Each island was open to you to explore, each one with their own mysteries. I'd love an open post game like that to return in the 6th gen, with new lands to explore. I'd like that even more than going back to a previous region, as long as it had as much or more content than the Sevii Islands.