SF meets RPG Maker VX Ace

Lucina's Pet Cat

I happened to pick up RPG Maker VX Ace when it was on sale. I've decided that for my first RPG I'll incorporate friends from Serenes Forest. We'll use this little thread to keep track of all our glorious shenanigans. The combat, by default, is extremely similar to Final Fantasy. That might change, or it might not. Only time will tell. The default classes included in RPG Maker VX Ace were:

• Soldier (High attack, use axes, heavy armor, and shields)
  • Monk (High hp, attack, and agility, use claws and light armor)
  • Paladin (High HP and defense, use spears, heavy armor, and healing magic)
  • Spellblade (High attack and magic attack, use swords and magic and heavy armor)
  • Samurai (Very high attack, use katanas and light armor)
  • Archer (High luck and agility, use bows and light armor)
  • Thief (Very high luck and agility, dual weild daggers and wear light armor)
  • Priestess (High MP and magic resistance, use magical armor and hammers)
  • Witch (High MP and magic resistance, use magic armor, staves, and elemental magic)
  • Sage (High magic attack, MP, and magic resistance, use magic armor, staves, and support magic)

I can make my own classes and customize them quite a bit, so that may happen down the road.

So far, I've asked around in chat and these were the people who wanted a character in this project:

• Mewyeon: Sage
  • The-Mage-King: Spellblade
  • Gorgar: Thief
  • Silverhand: Soldier
  • Austin (That's me!): Samurai

If anyone else wants in, just ask! An optimal party size would probably be 3-4 for Final Fantasy's combat system, but I can actually make the party size whatever I want. I haven't thought of any kind of story line yet, so we'll just see where things go. Honestly, this could end up anywhere from Final Fantasy to Windows ME. This is kind of a sandbox project, so the point here is just for me to mess around and hopefully create something amusing. Let's hope for the best. :)

TL;DR- LPC got RPG Maker VX Ace on sale, now wants to make SF themed RPG, will use this thread to keep track of mischief progress

Yeah so jumping on the bandwagon if'n you ever have a spare bit of time, I'd appreciate a character (preferably female Samurai or Spellblade, but idrc). Thanks in (possibly) advance,

~Lyaraaaa

postscript: Could the name be "Silvertongue", or would that be confused with Silverhand? Lyraa~ is fine too.

Yup, I can add you guys tomorrow. Apparently, by default you can have as many party members as you want, but only 4 of your choosing enter combat. Here's a couple screenshots of what I have so far.

At the very beginning of the game:

rnf3j8E.png

The-Mage-King overslept...

MzlIBud.png

Recruiting Eclipse

e2fIKMX.png

Classes start this week for me, so I'll be pretty busy, but I'll post updates when I'm able. I'll begin thinking of a story line, too.

Yeah so jumping on the bandwagon if'n you ever have a spare bit of time, I'd appreciate a character (preferably female Samurai or Spellblade, but idrc). Thanks in (possibly) advance,

~Lyaraaaa

postscript: Could the name be "Silvertongue", or would that be confused with Silverhand? Lyraa~ is fine too.

Obviously LPC needs to find a way to do awesome special Dual strikes so we can have the "Silver Slash" or something Silver related then. :D

Heh, RPG maker VX Ace is probably the best thing I got on steam sale this time round too.

Can I be an NPC who hangs around in the lounge where you select who you want to bring along? I can totally be one of those 'guild staff management' type NPCs 8]

Steve, I do need some villains, so I think I could make that happen. And Rothene, that'd be perfect for our SF lounge! Small bios and nicknames would be great if you can think of something. I'm pretty busy with classes this week, so I probably won't get much done until the weekend.

Obviously LPC needs to find a way to do awesome special Dual strikes so we can have the "Silver Slash" or something Silver related then. :D

Obviously. Which is why we're obviously the bestest units of this entire game even though I doubt I've appeared yet (but if I have I'm still the bestest except we're the bestest so) and LPC is liek totally teh bestest writer ever.

Okaaay I don't actually know how I managed to write ^ that ^ but in any case that is obviously what needs to happen.

Can I be part time Barman ? I would serves yousome strange drinks, and give you the last informations about the game's world.

Sure! That would be perfect, we need a character like that.

I wanna be a Monk or an Archer if Monk is taken.

We only have one monk so I don't see why not!

I've been pretty busy with classes this week but I'll try to get some more updates on this tomorrow night or Sunday.

Assuming you're still up for adding more people into this.

Name: Eudan
Class: Thief
Appearance: Young, around the age of 18. Light brown skin with medium-short length hair.

Personality: Witty kid with a great sense of adventure. He steals not because he needs to, but because he finds it fun.

If I can't have a party character, I'm totally down with a NPC.

Name: Rioun

Appearance: Tanned skin, everything else is up to you. :]

Sure! That would be perfect, we need a character like that.

We only have one monk so I don't see why not!

I've been pretty busy with classes this week but I'll try to get some more updates on this tomorrow night or Sunday.

Sweet !

My character is a goblin, even if its name come from Kobold...

His personnality is stoic, with a snarky side. He keeps his cool in every situation, but nobody really know if he is really serious.

He also keeps the secrets for the different characters, and act as a confident, due to his job.