Berwick Saga Menu & Other translation help!

lckhoa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! It looks like the main issues are the several-word weapons, which would probably be cumbersome in any circumstances. We could cut the military weapons to "Army (weapon)", "Imperial" (weapon)", and "Old (weapon)", I think. I'll add shorter versions on the doc. It looks like 12 characters is a good standard max, so I'll see if any others need trimming.

and I'm sure Banzai wants to say "I told you so" right now

Edited by Othin

I'd just like clarification about what platform this is for. I know the original games are for PS1 (?), does this translation follow suite? Or is it for an emulator on PC?

TRS is on PS1, but this is Berwick Saga, for the PS2. Like most patches, I'm assuming this is being designed for a PC emulator meant to run games for the original system.

Awesome! It looks like the main issues are the several-word weapons, which would probably be cumbersome in any circumstances. We could cut the military weapons to "Army (weapon)", "Imperial" (weapon)", and "Old (weapon)", I think. I'll add shorter versions on the doc. It looks like 12 characters is a good standard max, so I'll see if any others need trimming.

and I'm sure Banzai wants to say "I told you so" right now

You don't want a new font? I'll try to make one and we'll see.

I've just upload the remaining un-translated part at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmgAmMojnPkLdDJJbjNWRGRCbkFCNEsyQnNrVGVPTUE#gid=15

I think we missing some allies/enemy/boss name and ...

Anyone out there feel free to comment.

Thanks,

Edited by lckhoa

Well, if it's easily doable, that'd be nice.

In any case, I decided to make some trimmed-down alternatives for the names exceeding 12 characters. They're listed next to the originals, so both versions are available. In a few cases, something along those lines is probably necessary to make them fit comfortably in any standard font, although others are just kinda squished and ugly. Being able to do like 14 instead of 12 would let a lot of them fit as their non-crushed originals and be really nice.

Awesome having the rest dumped! But looking it over, that's almost 2300 things, and while it has things like skill and food and horse descriptions, I didn't see the weapon descriptions, so there's at least those on top of it, and possibly other things. This isn't going to be a fast process.

Now, many of those shouldn't be much trouble, but still.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help(what should I do if I can?)

But I was just about to get this game, and then a translation pops up, So you have my (moral) support in as much as that entails

Hey, yeah, that is a lot of space. Not much that's longer than "Royal Army Crossbow"; shouldn't be an issue to fit things with that.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help(what should I do if I can?)

But I was just about to get this game, and then a translation pops up, So you have my (moral) support in as much as that entails

If you know JAP than feel free to take a look at Berwick Saga Patching google speadsheet.

Thanks,

Need help!

While making JAP table, I use KanjiTomo to recognize the letter and it's ok for big/clear but this time the font's smaller than previous so it cannot do well.

This font's still clear for human reading.

Anyone who has time and know JAP, please take a look and type in text file (Shift-JIS) for me.

FNT6.png

Thanks very much.

For those who don't quite understand what is being asked:

http://www.romhacking.net/start/#text

A table file is an index of what hexadecimal (or whatever format) should mean what under certain contexts. It's often used for text, but it's also possible to use it for level format, music, and whatever else you'd please.

In this case, what the person is asking is for a 1:1 transcription of each graphical glyph into a text file, so that they can begin setting up a table.

Edited by Celice

What exactly do you need? Turn that image into text form?

As in type out the characters?

I should've figured it was for a table, I've only just started learning tables, but, well for the most part, I'll try and do what I can

Thanks for your help but i've done the table before you!

Text has been dump and uploaded on BWS Patching Google spreadsheet for edit/comment.

Gu...! Well, I suppose this is one result, I had really bad timing in accecpting this proposal, I didn't think I'd get swamped with so much crap that I could barely make time for it... Good job on getting it done and not waiting around, and sorry for not having done any sooner

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

English & Jap is not my native language so i need help from all of you :)

I would like to translate at least the menu (other could come later :) ) of this game into English.

Below picture will prove that i tell the truth, not lie

gsdx_20130818212720.jpg

gsdx_20130827095927.jpg

gsdx_20130827095947.jpg

Text related has been dump. I try google translate but i think it need more correction from all of you.

Am I allow to post this dump text here and ask for help?

Thanks,

hi, Mr. lckhoa,

I'm a Chinese BerwickSage fan. Our team have completed the game Chinesization.

Maybe the following lincks are useful to you.

http://bbs.fireemblem.net/read.php?tid=244575

http://bbs.fireemblem.net/read.php?tid=244759&fpage=1

http://bbs.a9vg.com/forum-219-1.html

PS: any way,I Think the translating team is the key piont to you, and you need to export the game texts files.

Edited by puww

Thanks for your information :) but Chinese is more complicated then JAP - I think.

The main translator is Othin and it seem that he is busying for other thing.

Most of the weapons, classes ... have been dumped and translated and post on the google spreadsheet.

PS: i assumed that your team know the decompress/compress routine. I am not but i found another way to do with it.

Rgds,

Edited by lckhoa

Yes, if your team can make a compressor/decompressor than it much easier for translation.

From my side, i found the way to use the game itself decompressor engine to decompress what i want and after modify i will update the ISO with decompress data.

It take some manual steps and more time.

Anyway my email is khoa.lecong@gmail.com

Rgds,