Male Only Skills

Sorin

Skills like Counter, Wrath, Gamble, etc. Whats the point in passing skills like these down to daughters? They seem to lose their purpose after the child is maxed or close to being maxed. Especially when the Avatar is the father. But wouldn't you rather want to pass down a skill like Ignis or Luna to ensure they can continue to use it? Give me your thoughts.

It depends on your playstyle.

If you're somewhat of a completionist, you'll probably want to pass down skills they wouldn't normally have access to.

Plus Counter has its uses, eg. versus the Army of Shadow.

It just seems wasteful even on Lunatic+ since most of these skills only seem good when the enemy has it. Like who has actually thought, "Oh I have an open skill slot. I think I'll equip Gamble!"?

Gamble, yes. But Axefaire and Counter can really give you an edge post game. With counter, you can combine it with Sol, or Nosferatanking to have one unbeatable unit (to an extent). And Axefaire for a boost in strength for those who can use them

Edited by Hero-King

Gamble, yes. But Axefaire and Counter can really give you an edge post game. With counter, you can combine it with Sol, or Nosferatanking to have one unbeatable unit (to an extent). And Axefaire for a boost in strength for those who can use them

Counter with Sol/Nosferatu sounds counterintuitive. *rimshot* And it's worthless to boot. I also cba to get Axefaire to pass down just because. That being said, HP +5 is the one male only skill I cba to pass down.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Axefaire is only useful when the daughter's class can use them which is somewhat rare but can still be found.

Counter with Sol/Nosferatu sounds counterintuitive. *rimshot* And it's worthless to boot. I also cba to get Axefaire to pass down just because. That being said, HP +5 is the one male only skill I cba to pass down.

I can agree with Axefaire, but how with Counter?Take damage, send it back at the enemy and gain your health back. It's even more effective when paired with Vengeance and Nosferatu/Aversa's Night

Edited by Hero-King

^Meh 3/7 is still less than half.

False, all female children has access to an axe class by default

Lucina - Great Knight

Morgan - all accessible female axe classes

Kjelle - GK, General, Wyvern, Griffon

Nah - Wyvern, Griffon

Noire - GK, General

Severa - Hero

Cynthia - GK, General, War Cleric

Now whether or not you want to use character x in axe class y is a whole different story but other than Olivia and Anna iirc(who aren't gen2s so inheritance is moot anyway) anyone can go axes

I can agree with Axefaire, but you're going to have to explain Counter.

What use is a skill that only really does much good if you take a lot of damage when taking enough damage to make Counter useful would be stupid in the first place???

What use is a skill that only really does much good if you take a lot of damage when taking enough damage to make Counter useful would be stupid in the first place???

Take damage, send it back at the enemy and gain your health back. It's even more effective when paired with Vengeance and Nosferatu/Aversa's Night

Not to mention, it can be the difference between severely damaging an enemy and killing it

False, all female children has access to an axe class by default

Lucina - Great Knight

Morgan - all accessible female axe classes

Kjelle - GK, General, Wyvern, Griffon

Nah - Wyvern, Griffon

Noire - GK, General

Severa - Hero

Cynthia - GK, General, War Cleric

Now whether or not you want to use character x in axe class y is a whole different story but other than Olivia and Anna iirc(who aren't gen2s so inheritance is moot anyway) anyone can go axes

My apologies. I commented without a thought...

Not to mention, it can be the difference between severely damaging an enemy and killing it

Counter with Nosferatu is shooting yourself in the foot since Counter means LESS HP for you to steal back. As to your other argument, boohoo not having Counter means the enemy survived, it ain't like I have other guys ready to kill it off or I can just finish the job next turn. Also, mages and archers are more worrisome than melee units, and Counter does bugger all against them.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Counter with Nosferatu is shooting yourself in the foot since Counter means LESS HP for you to steal back. As to your other argument, boohoo not having Counter means the enemy survived, it ain't like I have other guys ready to kill it off or I can just finish the job next turn.

*Sweat drop* Huh, I guess I didn't think that far

I have a use for Gamble.

Boosting their freaking crit against my own units that have maxed out luck for the crit exhibition.

All because I don't want to streetpass myself more than once *JUST* for certain footage.

The only "Male Only" skill I ever pass down.. is counter.

I just don't like any of the other skills. I honestly think that the Female Only skills are much better.

For me, I'd rather pass down HP +5, Despoil, or even Gamble because Counter is junk. And I agree that female exclusive skills are just better.

I would only pass Counter down if the female would end up as a Sniper. (Or Bow Knight) Because I want to take damage either way. The only other male-only skill I like the Axefaire.

Despoil loses its purpose(Skill slot) late game especially when you have the Golden Gaffe DLC. So at this point Axefaire is the only useful late game skill. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For me, I'd rather pass down HP +5, Despoil, or even Gamble because Counter is junk. And I agree that female exclusive skills are just better.

Oh. I never gave it much thought.. I just liked Counter.

Plus, it would help Severa in her paralogue, besides the magical units.

I do like HP +5, though.

And yeah.. the females have Galeforce, Dual Support+, Lancefaire, Demoiselle (it'd be weird for a guy to have it), Bond, Relief..

All that great stuff.

And I should forget about Olivia, which is a special class.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Manakete is exclusive to females, in this game. So, another point for the girls.

Edited by Carter

At least the guys have Axefaire...or Resistance +10....Aggressor? This is a crappy argument. Women do have all the good skills.