Awakening isn't an SRPG

1% critted

Lunatic puts too many restrictions upon play though, unless you use the right characters and the right weapons in the right place at the right time, you can't get through it. There needs to be a balance of difficulty and fun, at least in my opinion, and although Lunatic is challenging, it isn't fun.

Well I mean... that's the whole point. If it wasn't as hard, and you could use whoever you wanted, it's then too easy because you can then either just use the best units and faceroll the game, or use the mediocre ones and still have not too hard of a time. You seem to want to be able to use any character you want on any given playthrough, and that's just not going to happen, not without every character basically being the same, and THAT would be boring. But realistically, most of the challenge in single player strategy games comes only on the first and maybe second time you play through it. Once you've figured out what works, who's the best unit for what situation etc, these types of games typically get much easier.

Edit: And Lunatic isn't terribly bad for being restrictive. You just can't rolfomgwtfbbq your way through it. You can still, for the most part, use whoever the hell you want, so long as you're not dumb about it.

Edited by Raivix

Then I fail to see your point. The whole point of a strategy game like this is to be using the right characters with the right weapons at the right time. I'm just trying to understand your point of view. To me it just sounds like you don't really enjoy SRPGs.

i found it annoying that marriage is so important in this game

It is? I thought child units that aren't named Morgan or Lucina are bad? Beyond that, I never found them mandatory to use.

Support bonuses? Lol plz - don't have to rank them up to S =P

Edited by Interest

i found it annoying that marriage is so important in this game

You do dislike FE4 as well, right?

I dislike FE4 even though I like awakening, that has marriages and FE6, that also has big maps. =/

You do dislike FE4 as well, right?

I dislike FE4 even though I like awakening, that has marriages and FE6, that also has big maps. =/

i quit fe4 after a few chapters(the last one i finished was that nighttime chapter with the theif). that games chapters just drag on way too much. i lost interest before i even knew about the waifu crap. it's a well made game that looks very...looks VERY good...but cmon.

i quit fe4 after a few chapters(the last one i finished was that nighttime chapter with the theif). that games chapters just drag on way too much. i lost interest before i even knew about the waifu crap. it's a well made game that looks very...looks VERY good...but cmon.

Yes I agree. The same thing happened to me. Except the waifu part, I don't care about it.

Edited by Nobody