What if Marth actually was in the story?

HK Motendra

Part of my excitement for Awakening was the possibility that he and Chrom would duke it out in a battle between two eras that was caused by some supernatural force and eventually team up

Until I found out it was actually Lucina

Now, what if he really did make an appearance? How do you think the story would change? Would the story even be the same? How would Chrom and House Ylisse react?

Head cannons: ACTIVATE!

Edited by Hero-King

i just find it funny that they're trying to get a consistent storyline here. they're doing what nintendo did with the legend of zelda series. it makes me giggle.

anyways, i think that if marth were to show up, he'd help fight grima and would be able to tell us the history of archanea

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I was honestly hoping that that Marth we saw was some form of him even though I'm tired of seeing him. I had hoped it was an evil phantom Marth conjured/created by the bad guy to do his bidding. That would've been really interesting. But I was disappointed when I found out he was a real person and not Marth in any way at all. Especially since I found that person to be boring and bland.

I would'ved liked the story more if "Marth" had been the ghost of the hero king himself, but corrupted to be evil and Chrom and co. would have to save him and let his spirit rest in peace once again.

Edited by Anacybele

Elincia is my favorite "chick" in the series. xP

I can't comment on Caeda, as I don't know much about her due to having played little of Shadow Dragon and not having played any Japan only games at all.

if marth were in the story, having tiki in the game would make a lot more sense.

How so? Tiki's a dragon, which have long lifespans. If anything, I'd wonder how she'd react

Bitch Epic fight over who is going to wield Flachion to slay Grima >:D

I actually laughed harder than I should have

I was honestly hoping that that Marth we saw was some form of him even though I'm tired of seeing him. I had hoped it was an evil phantom Marth conjured/created by the bad guy to do his bidding. That would've been really interesting. But I was disappointed when I found out he was a real person and not Marth in any way at all. Especially since I found that person to be boring and bland.

I would'ved liked the story more if "Marth" had been the ghost of the hero king himself, but corrupted to be evil and Chrom and co. would have to save him and let his spirit rest in peace once again.

That would actually make a great story for the later part of the game and to further expand that thought, I had hoped that future Grima would have a Risen version of everyone in the first Gen for the endgame (or Future Past, either one). That would make the climax more intense for and difficult for the future kids

Back to your post: Even though I like your idea, it would sort of rip a whole in the DLC chapters

Back to topic: Like Grima, could it be possible to revive him through the Awakening? If that happened, he could very well serve as a Gotoh archetype

Back to your post: Even though I like your idea, it would sort of rip a whole in the DLC chapters

How so? I don't understand. But whatever the case, I came up with the idea before I knew there was going to be DLC. xP

How so? Tiki's a dragon, which have long lifespans. If anything, I'd wonder how she'd react

well, the game constantly brings up that she knew marth, and besides that, her embarrassing lack of supports left me wondering why she was in the game to begin with. this would give her more purpose.

How so? I don't understand. But whatever the case, I came up with the idea before I knew there was going to be DLC. xP

Well, series one was based off of past heroes and villains and Old Hubba was the keeper of all the spirits. If even one of them made an actual appearance as an Einherjar, it would sort of defeat the purpose of them and they'd have to include all of the playable Einherjar in the story and I don't think a 3DS could hold all of that. Then again, there was a past version of Tiki so I might just be shooting myself in the foot. Or, just have a completely different set of DLC

Eh, I might just be over thinking it. I digress

well, the game constantly brings up that she knew marth, and besides that, her embarrassing lack of supports left me wondering why she was in the game to begin with. this would give her more purpose.

You're right that Tiki didn't really have much of a role for someone who is related to the godlike character that everyone prays to. Once you put it like that, she almost seems thrown into the game, like the rest of the spotpass characters

I actually laughed harder than I should have

That would actually make a great story for the later part of the game and to further expand that thought, I had hoped that future Grima would have a Risen version of everyone in the first Gen for the endgame (or Future Past, either one). That would make the climax more intense for and difficult for the future kids

Ahaha then i accomplished my mission, and will fade back into lurking until another great opportunitiy for comic relief arises ^^ (or i need help in lunatic .__.)

Oh and what you said about the Risen is something that i also had in mind for quite a while, and i think it is wasted opportunity that they didn't implement it. I mean the game has the perfect basis for something like fallen comerades comming back to life but beeing evil, yet the game never says a word that it could or actually did happen. And well i mean the Rises have to come from somewhere right?

And man it would have been awsome if something like that was present, either in future past or maybe if you play classic mode you face your fallen comrades in battle as enemies. Or Aversa could "revive" Phila and her knights and you have to ballte them.

Well, series one was based off of past heroes and villains and Old Hubba was the keeper of all the spirits. If even one of them made an actual appearance as an Einherjar, it would sort of defeat the purpose of them and they'd have to include all of the playable Einherjar in the story and I don't think a 3DS could hold all of that. Then again, there was a past version of Tiki so I might just be shooting myself in the foot. Or, just have a completely different set of DLC

Eh, I might just be over thinking it. I digress

Ah, okay, I see. You are kinda right. But there's that Tiki thing, as you say too. lol

I would think, though, that the evil Phantom Marth would be a different version of him than the spirit inside the Einherjar card.

Edited by Anacybele

sd is not shitty.

kidding, you can have your opinion, its cool :)

I don't consider it shitty,actually.

But he called FE:A shitty, and most people consider SD shitty. And marth is in it.

I'm glad he isn't in such a shitty game :3

I don't consider it shitty,actually.

But he called FE:A shitty, and most people consider SD shitty. And marth is in it.

Back to the topic here: With how highly he's revered, he'd probably be that one overpowered unit if he was actually playable

As a zombie spirit arriving 2000 years in the future, he'd most likely be neutral at first before eventually helping Chrom. But as a Gotoh archetype, I can only see him appearing late in the game

I kinda wish he was... Maybe like Basilio, joining only for the way end of the game, maybe final battle only. He wouldn't be a bachelor for MU (sorry, you're stuck with Caeda, buddy...), but he could support them and Chrom and Lucina and Tiki... And Anna.

I think he'd be cool, just for the final mission.

I can't be the only person who thinks he would have been 200% better than Priam...