Fire Emblem Path of Radiance GBA Hack

D4C

I don't know if anyone else has ever seen these pictures, but I assume it is Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, but with GBA sprites. Does anyone have any knowledge on this or anything really about what this even is. I believe this goes here but can anyone help with any info?

post-7747-0-09711500-1377045355_thumb.png

post-7747-0-19237900-1377045368_thumb.gif

@Wood do you remember anything else about it? I'd love to play this game.

Much like Rainbow said, I'm pretty sure those are standalone. A game would've been interesting, but I figure it would've been out by now.

Or it is indeed out and kept as an ancient Chinese secret.

IIRC those are Chinese sprites and are actually quite old. Some dude back in FESS got banned for claming them as his work.

I think that was in 2007, 2008 tops, but I know I recognize Ike using Aether on Shinon.

This is pretty much it. Here's two more that were posted around the time of the others:

55tPUNF.jpg

U2pNmsI.png

well you can just, y'know, play fe9 on the gcn or wii.

The problem with that is that Path of Radiance is pretty rare these days. On Ebay it typically sells for £70 (that's 105 American Dollars or 81 Euros). Not many have that much loose change to chuck around in the current economic climate (or I'd have snapped it up long ago). And unlike Radiant Dawn it never shows up in second hand shops. I suppose there's always the emulator option, but I for one prefer to get official games legitimately.

Then again, maybe it's easier to get in the USA, what do I know?

Edited by Wayward Winds

• 2 weeks later...

There was a sprite sheet for Ike in the gif, and I've made them into frames. Although, the colors exceed the 16 color limit and I'm currently going through them and fixing it, I've got about 20 or so more to go as of this post.

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcwo0r6ah5s3ljd/Ike%20lord%20animation.rar

Some frames can be used for other things, like the first three normal attack can be used for dodge, or the magic ones can be used for physical attacks. I'm not really good at custom stuff so I didn't really bother to try and edit it, aside from reducing the colors. I'll leave that up to anyone who would want to do it, and plus it really needs a script, there are only two test ones in that, one I believe doesn't work because I renamed the first frame, and the second that only uses one frame and both were from that ultimate tutorial.

Edited by Toasty

• 3 weeks later...

IMA THROW MY TWO CENTS IN PEOPLE!

There was a sprite sheet for Ike in the gif, and I've made them into frames. Although, the colors exceed the 16 color limit and I'm currently going through them and fixing it, I've got about 20 or so more to go as of this post.

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcwo0r6ah5s3ljd/Ike%20lord%20animation.rar

Some frames can be used for other things, like the first three normal attack can be used for dodge, or the magic ones can be used for physical attacks. I'm not really good at custom stuff so I didn't really bother to try and edit it, aside from reducing the colors. I'll leave that up to anyone who would want to do it, and plus it really needs a script, there are only two test ones in that, one I believe doesn't work because I renamed the first frame, and the second that only uses one frame and both were from that ultimate tutorial.

You did get permission, right? It would be quite rude for you to not notify the creator...

• 6 years later...

I don't like necromancy, but as I was searching those gifs for myself ended up managing to find all of them and I had to share what I got (made an account to do so). Going through ngo's pixiv stuff I found a link in the Ike sprite sheet (Link 1) which linked to the website I remembered finding the other gifs back in the day. The site was down, but I recalled knowing of this pretty handy site known as Wayback machine and managed to recover all of them. Internet is quite a thing.

I'll upload them here AND leave the links from the Wayback machine backup (to call it something) if you wanna retrieve them directly (Link 2). Remember to give proper credits to ngo if you ever decide to reupload them.

BTW managed to piece all of this together because of shadowofchaos mentioning the artist.

Link 1. Ike sprite sheet by ngo. I wont upload it here, since the link to it is still alive.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/4765696

Link 2. Wayback machine link. First click on "DOT", then all the links with "GBA" on them are the Fire Emblem stuff. I must assume this page belonged to ngo, since it was linked in his/her work on pixiv and cuz the art in the website had pretty much the same style than his/her stuff on pixiv (pretty much close to if not a 100% sure).

https://web.archive.org/web/20060922145334/http://www.geocities.jp/moonlitcage/top.html

Have a good one everyone!

PS: Shinon turned out to be quite the sparring dummy. That's what you get...

Edit: Even if it was found before, I hope this helps for anyone looking for them.

nef_hissatsu_anime_e.gif

nef_st_anime.gif

souentriangle_anime.gif

ike_tenku_animep.gif

vssikkoku_anime.gif

Edited by Luck

• 3 months later...