Yu-Gi-Oh! September 2013 TCG banlist.

Ein

So.... Remember how the OCG and TCG shared banlists? For some reason.

Now they aren't.

List of changes:

Forbidden
Elemental Hero Stratos
Lightning
Burner
Reactan
Stream
Number 16: Shock Master
Card Destruction
Gateway of the Six
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot of Avarice
Spellbook of Judgment
Super Rejuvenation
Solemn Judgment
Ultimate Offering

Limited
Atlantean Dragoons
Brotherood of the Fire Fist – Spirit
Genex Ally Birdman
Deep Sea Diva
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King Rai-oh
Evigishki Mind Augus
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Gold Sarcophagus
Dimensional Fissure
Royal Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Macro Cosmos
Soul Drain
Torrential Tribute

Semi-Limited
T.G. Striker
Plaguespreader Zombie
Mezuki
Fire Formation – Tenki
Dimensional Prison

No longer Limited
Destiny Hero – Malicious
The Agent of mystery – Earth
Tsukuyomi
A hero lives
Blackwhirlwind
E – Emergency Call
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat

this is gonna be weird

I am legit scared of Blackwings now.

Merlanteans and Fire Fists... I dunno. Evilswarm and Bujin too strong too. :L

I can already see the bitching and chaos at my locals.

I havent played ever since the ban list destroyed my perfectly built, hardworked, Frog Genex Synchro Monarch which was quite a long while back. So im behind on the meta, but even then, this list makes no sense. I bet most of the cards in that arent even relevant to the meta.

Wasn't Monster Reborn limited at some point or has it always been banned.

I haven't been keeping up much, but I hear things. I'm also the type of person to waltz in with an outdated deck, duel expecting to win only to lose. Kids these days and their Xyz summons.

Nice pun. But yeah I always thought it shouldn't be allowed anyway, as it literally brings back any monster from both player's graveyard for zero cost. Hi there, nice Blue Eyes Ultimate that I just miror force'd, mind if I use it for myself? Etc.

Reading the complains on duelingnetwork's forums is pretty entertaining though. So many people are pissed about this xD

I read every post in the topic on DN. One of the theories is that they're using two seperate banlists, with one (TCG) introducing a slower format (Which is my preferred format) that's also more balanced, and the other (OCG) being the faster, slightly less balanced but more chaotic format.

I'd actually try getting into the game with the format for TCG sitting as it stands right now.

cant say i disagree with a slower format, but some of those bans just hurt. just about every staple got hit, and gateway is gone. but in the end, it looks like they finally found a good way to keep control over everything, and i agree with you on reborn, klok, as much as it hurts to lose it.

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

I haven't played since late 2004 (right around when the Lv monsters came out), mostly due to the fact that they introduced the Advanced and Traditional formats to begin with. It did not sit well with me that cards that had been given away like candy to basically anyone that had played and bought starter decks were having those cards forcefully pried away from them in Advanced, regardless of whether they were "really strong" or not. As much as you could argue that "oh, but the monsters in Legend of Blue-Eyes sucked, so Monster Reborn was fine then," I would argue that you would have to realize that no one in their right mind was going to run a 2-Star, 500 Atk monster seriously and was going to grab as many strong things as they could. There's also the fact that the sets that Japan was ahead of us on had stronger things already in them, meaning that the localization groups should have been aware of what was coming down the road.

The point of the matter is that if the card is magically way too good now (or even in 2004) (especially in the case of things like Reborn or Raigeki), it shouldn't have been allowed to exist to begin with. Granted, there are things that you just can't predict that are going to take hold the way they do and do need to controlled. That's my personal opinion, but as it relates to this, I can only imagine what one of the guys that I work with is going to say tomorrow morning.

As someone who went to Nationals, he correctly knew that some of the big stuff in the main decks at Worlds were going to get hit (and what they were, not just in general, since that's common sense), but I can't imagine that he saw some of these changes coming. I've heard some of his stories about how ridiculously quick and easy it is to Special Summon masses of monsters these days and I can only shake my head at some of these additions, especially when I've also heard that there are tons of monsters that have effects that allow you to negate any card effect for a cost or prevent them from being targetted, etc. Basically, with my understanding, it seems like getting rid of or limiting stuff like Solemn Judgment or Torrential Tribute would be counter to controlling all of these plays that let players win with what amount to one-turn wins, as that's even less at a player's disposal to try and salvage out a win when their opponent has the equivalent of a gatling gun in their hand, deck, and graveyard.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Torrential Tribute is hardly a gamebreaker...never has been. A slower format wont happen unless they ban synchro and xyz's, which isnt gonna happen because they make $$$$

Edited by PKL

I don't like the way the banlist works. If something is so overpowered that it must be limited to one card per deck, you may as well ban it anyways. And if it's a rare, shiny card, people will have to pay good money to get it. While keeping in mind that the never-ending "power creep" prevents any good deck from staying competitively viable forever. Which is why I quit the physical card game and now only play on duelingnetwork.com

I'd get bored if it was the same deck that could win all day every day. I don't mind the ban list in principle. . .but why in the world is Solemn Judgment back up on the forbidden side?

Also, unlimited Scapegoats and sorta limited Ojama Trio. . .TOKEN DECK~!

Solemn Judgment was never on the Forbidden list. It only got Limited when Gyzarus Cold Wave Judgment format was the main thing.

Otherwise Solemn Judgment is high-risk, high-reward card so it being banned just makes no sense to me.

Edited by Ein

Hey scrubs, lets understan this crazy mess with Sho!

Forbidden
Elemental Hero Stratos -Pre-emptive strike on hero decks creeping up because of Malicious
Lightning, Burner, Reactan, Stream - They had to hit Dragon rulers without hitting the big Dragons because they need to sell tins
Number 16: Shock Master - Shocklock is stupid and we all know that
Card Destruction, Gateway of the Six, Super Rejuvenation, Ultimate Offering, Spellbook of Judgment, Super Rejuvenation - 1 card win conditions are stupid and we should be glad they were hit this hard.
Heavy Storm, Monster Reborn, Pot of Avarice, Solemn Judgment - Stables have been jumping in and out of the list for like forever.

Limited
Atlantean Dragoons, Deep Sea Diva - Mermails completely controlled this format until H7 was released so hit was to be expected

Brotherood of the Fire Fist – Spirit - Fire Fist was right there under Mermail so...
Genex Ally Birdman - Anything to kill the harpie dancer ftk
Rescue Rabbit - maybe a bit premature but we all knew it would eventually go from 3 to 2 to 1 to 0
Thunder King Rai-oh - It hurts the things konami wants us to buy
Evigishki Mind Augus - oh sweet jesus they hit the asdf gishki loop
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier - More Mermail hate.
Constellar Ptolemy M7 - Anything to kill Gishki Loops without making the deck unplayable...
Gold Sarcophagus - Remember the part where Dragon rulers play 2-3 sarco and where tier 0 in Japan basically, topping about twise as much as the second best deck prophecyAHEMspellbooks.
Dimensional Fissure, Macro Cosmos, Soul Drain - Konami is promoting zombies hard it seems....

Royal Tribute, Gravekeepers by some sad way keep being popular...
Bottomless Trap Hole, Compulsory Evacuation Device,Torrential Tribute - no heavy/trunade/cold wave means backrow is insanely good....

Eradicator Epidemic Virus - Anything that can run it runs it. Its that good :P

Semi-Limited
T.G. Striker - Has been way too long on the list anyway
Plaguespreader Zombie, Mezuki - promotes their zombie stuff so people would buy the shiny new Vampire support

Fire Formation – Tenki - Fire Fist is old enough to not make that much money anymore
Dimensional Prison - Heavy was hit, nuff said

No longer Limited
Destiny Hero – Malicious - It had to come back eventually...
The Agent of mystery – Earth - This too
Tsukuyomi - Does nothing
A hero lives, E – Emergency Call - without Stratos these have no reason being on the list
Blackwhirlwind - Why konami, WHY
Hieratic Seal of Convocation - limitting birdman hit the deck enough
Pot of Duality should have never been on the list
Scapegoat - scary move konami...

Wasn't Monster Reborn limited at some point or has it always been banned.

I haven't been keeping up much, but I hear things. I'm also the type of person to waltz in with an outdated deck, duel expecting to win only to lose. Kids these days and their Xyz summons.

Yeah, I and a few of my friends downloaded a yugioh simulator and played a bunch of games for a few days a while back. It's still a fun game, but fuck all these new types of summons. I don't really care that much about banlists when the only people I play with don't care either.