WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. PS3, PS Vita, or 3DS XL?

• PlayStation 3
    • PlayStation Vita
    • Nintendo 3DS XL

It's me, Neal... or Fruit Ninja... or whatever you want to call me...

Anyway, I was just stopping by to give myself a self-given probation from social networking. And video games. And TV. And movies. And... you get the point. (Weeeeeellll, I might make Pokemon X/Y an exception, but I'll have to seriously think about that...) >_<

The reason is..................... *drum roll* ................STUDIES! HOW STEREOTYPICALLY ASIAN OF ME!

Seriously, I have to concentrate on this now... I should have a pretty packed schedule... with AP Computer Science, AP World History, Physics 101 at a nearby community college, US Govt, and English at home and/or English Language and Composition at CC... And I have to prepare for an SAT re-take in November. And the SAT IIs in October. And I have to get my college application together. And community work. (Okay, okay, maybe this isn't that much to some people, but to someone who's not used to so much, it's hard... for someone like me. -_-')

*sigh*

So yeah, I'll probably be gone 'til, like, December. Or mid-November, depending. It depends on when this whole college thing is over... T~T

Maybe I'll drop by once and a while, but it'd probably be better if I didn't. (Don't want to get tempted, now do I?)

Oh! Actually, if anyone wants to contact me, PM me; I'll reply to those... not that anyone here needs to talk to me. >_<

Maybe I'll come on October 25th! Y'know, and make my "I was here for one whole year" thread... =P (Dang, one year already...?)

*sniff* I'll miss it here. Actually, I miss here. We just moved and got good Internet, too... AFTER ALL THOSE MONTHS OF TERRIBLE INTERNET IN KYRGYZSTAN!!! D:<

How long have I been gone for now...? Let's see... since the beginning of June, so... 3 months. Wow. ;~;

*sigh*

;~;

Priorities are priorities, I suppose...

I hope this sits me in UPenn. (<- 99% chance of not happening)

P.S. Hey guys, I was going to buy some video game console with some spare money I had (after my studies, of course), but I don't really know what to buy... A PS3 seems good, since there are a lot of good games on it. But a PS Vita seems okay, too. Since the price was cut and Sen no Kiseki and all. But if a Pokemon 3DS XL Bundle comes out, that's a big temptation as well. Especially since my current 3DS's L and R buttons are not functioning... So what do you guys think? *putting up a poll to see what the community has to say*

ps3 but by now it's way too late and games are expensive

so 3ds

also, i had similar schedules my junior and senior years in high school, and i was able to come here in addition to playing the vidya gamez. then again, i'm pretty lazy so that probably explains it far better than anything else.

But if a Pokemon 3DS XL Bundle comes out, that's a big temptation as well. Especially since my current 3DS's L and R buttons are not functioning

After some reading up, there are some rumors that there will be 3DS XL bundles with Pokemon X or Y (depends on which you buy) coming to NA, so there's that. I've found a few sites saying that Target SKUs (whatever those are) are saying stuff about Wind Waker HD and Pokemon X and Y bundles.

A lot of people promise stuff like they'll be away because they have to focus on school but they all come crawling back after like 2 days.

Yeah, I did it too, I haven't even bothered this year, I'm going back to school and I'm just like "cool, I'll keep going on SF". Though one time I self-requested a suspension so I could take a week off SF to study for exams and it worked pretty well.

Speaking of, I need to log out of SF for a bit because it keeps distracting me from reading and I have a lot of reading to do x3

Okay buh bye for however long Neal and good luck

Since this is a Nintendo-based forum it's obvious where the bias is going to lay, but the PS3 is a much better console than the 3DS or Vita. It's definitely the one to get right now, its game catalog is so much better and more varied than either of them that it isn't even worth comparing.

My advice: don't decide based on the poll, go look at the games.

PS3 is eventually going to be my next big purchase. Granted I already have a 3DS (I assume you do, too), I see no need for a 3DS XL, really.

I'm getting a PS3 for several reasons:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (MG1, GM2, MGS1, VR Missions, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Gran Turismo 6 (it will be released by the time I have a PS3)

Ace Combat Infinity (same as above)

Killzone 2 and 3

Amongst other exclusives I may eventually try out.

PS3 is eventually going to be my next big purchase. Granted I already have a 3DS (I assume you do, too), I see no need for a 3DS XL, really.

I'm getting a PS3 for several reasons:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (MG1, GM2, MGS1, VR Missions, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Gran Turismo 6 (it will be released by the time I have a PS3)

Ace Combat Infinity (same as above)

Killzone 2 and 3

Amongst other exclusives I may eventually try out.

Oh, if he already owns a 3DS, a fact I did not pick up on, then the decision is more than obvious. PS3 all the way no contest.

Revengeance is a nice 4 hour experience. I would definitely say get The Last of Us before you get MGR, though. In terms of quality they're incomparable. Unless games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are your favorite.

Legacy Collection = worth it. I own that in addition to MGS4 and the HD Collection already and it's still worth it.

I actually own a 3DS and most Nintendo things, and my vote still goes for PS3...which I don't have. It's only worth for MGR:R

Have you played it? If so, what about MGR was so great to you, may I ask? Genuinely curious--amongst everyone I know (literally everyone) that has played this game feels like it was pretty good, but it's no system seller. What did you get out of it?

As do I. But, if it weren't obvious, I'm actually much more fond of Sony's consoles. Milking every franchise for all its got is the style of Nintendo, and I don't like it...

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Have you played it? If so, what about MGR was so great to you, may I ask? Genuinely curious--amongst everyone I know (literally everyone) that has played this game feels like it was pretty good, but it's no system seller. What did you get out of it?

As do I. But, if it weren't obvious, I'm actually much more fond of Sony's consoles. Milking every franchise for all its got is the style of Nintendo, and I don't like it...

I haven't played it, no. But I have seen some of the gameplay, and I found it very enchanting. I like it's fast pace and "hack n' slash". I'm into that kind of thing. The graphics (not a very good reason, I admit) are also beautiful (and probably nothing especial, considering it's PS3/360). And the music- Oh lawd. The music is a major strong point. It has really good music.

At last, I admit that I'm kind of biased on this. If anything, I can like things quickly without much analizing.

Yeah MGR is good but I wouldn't get a new system for it, especially if OP has a 360 (unsure) because it's on that too.

I am actually really considering getting a PS3/360 just (or mostly) for MGR:R. But there are other good potential interest titles like, Fallout, MGS4 and MAYBE 5.