(Chapter 20+21 up) Fire Emblem 7 Eliwood Hard Mode LTC Video Playthrough

PKL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 turns

A 3 turn is sadly out of reach for this playthrough as it would require another non-Marcus 8 move unit. I'm glad I got quite a lot of exp for Lucius. Sain also got a few kills chasing the Torch staff thief. He's sitting at 8.99 after this chapter. I plan to have him get a few kills in the next chapter and promote early.

Fiora joins in this chapter. She's looking quite superior to Florina in every stat this playthrough. I might just train her to be a capable flying combat unit.

Not training Raven? You do have a shortage of units with overkill stats / potential to reach that status, and fielding him over Lyn or Hector seems like a dec.. oh right, no HHM bonuses. Not sure how important their lack could be (since he's still probably better in relation to non-Lyn Mode Kain/Sent, albeit he'll never ride a horse).

4 turns

This was actually kinda relaxing. I enjoyed doing this chapter. I guess good levels for once do that. Sain got a lot of exp this chapter and plenty of good levels. We might see a promoted Sain next chapter! I wonder if I can 2 turn EHM Chapter 20. 2 Cavaliers that arent present in the Hector mode of the game block the path to Oleg so I cant really drop anyone in Turn 1 in his range to lure him. I quickly thought of rescue dropping with Fiora to bypass the Cavaliers, but that's off by exactly 1 tile because she's not promoted. None of my units can ORKO Oleg either, barring massive rng abuse, so a 2 turn might indeed be impossible. Although all of this is theoryemblem, we'll find out when I play the chapter.

I think you could've recruited Legault if you tried but he doesn't get you the Guiding Ring or even the Member Card (the thief holding it apparently shows up only on turn 7) so there might be little point. I personally feel I could've gone without Physic/Barrier in some maps, especially for the purposes of feeding Pent exp that translated into +mag levels.

Can you reveal Oleg on turn 2 and start attacking him on player phase? Marcus should be fit enough to 2RKO. I wouldn't miss the whip.

I think you could've recruited Legault if you tried but he doesn't get you the Guiding Ring or even the Member Card (the thief holding it apparently shows up only on turn 7) so there might be little point. I personally feel I could've gone without Physic/Barrier in some maps, especially for the purposes of feeding Pent exp that translated into +mag levels.

Can you reveal Oleg on turn 2 and start attacking him on player phase? Marcus should be fit enough to 2RKO. I wouldn't miss the whip.

Yeah, I could've but I figured there was no point other than looking fancy recruiting him. He gets me nothing unless I am willing to spend turns for them. I can get a Guiding Ring later anyway.

And yeah, that's my backup plan. Making Matthew reveal him with a Torch, get the Whip and try to nuke him in Player Phase. We'll see. I think I'll have to ferry Ninian and stuff to reach him. Shouldn't be too hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference if that's the case. I keep meaning to do this, but I should make a little encoding package for people to upload better quality videos. Takes a little bit of time, but it's worth it.

On that note, where IS Oleg's chapter? Post it post it.

I'm just having issues deciding between 2 turning it with the whip still obtained or 3 turning it and getting Fiora to Level 10 + the whip. Eliwood also gets a really nice level uncharacteristic of him in the 3 turn..so hard to decide.

Chapter 20 completed in 2 turns

I managed to find a strat that would let me 2 turn and still obtain the Whip and a Fiora level. I want Fiora to be Level 10 by the desert so that I can have the option of promoting her if I deem an 8 move flier is neccesary to cut turns in that map. In the next chapter, we get Heath and Rath, both of them are really good units and should prove to be useful to the run.

Chapter 21 done in 2 turns

Got both Heath and Rath and Fiora managed to get to Level 10. I probably could have fed Heath the thief kill instead of Sain, but seeing how I'm not likely to need Sain to promote next chapter, I decided to get him another level before promoting. Isadora breaking the wall at the end burns an RN so that Fiora's level is better. Isadora should also prove to be useful. She's probably one of my best combat units. The Angelic Robe is likely to be used on Fiora for the desert.

Gotta thank that NPC armour for being critted by the mage.

Actually, he would've been ORKO'd had that not happened anyway lol. And if the second armor couldn't attack, there was still Sain, who couldve gotten rid of the mage so Eliwuss could reach Heath anyway.

I was looking at the desert very carefully and I THINK I might be able to get away with Fiora not promoting. Can you say no to 22x if you get enough exp?

There's also deployment slots issues. I can only take 8 people with me in the desert. Fiora Ninian and Lucius are in obviously. Probably one of Florina or Heath and Isadora/Marcus/Sain. I might have to skip deploying Lowen and Rath...

• 4 months later...

Wow, this has been dead since October last year. Guess I got bored from FE7. I will continue this once I get back from a tournament on Tuesday. I think last time I was trying to find out if a 3 turn Desert is possible with my exp-deprived units.