(Chapter 20+21 up) Fire Emblem 7 Eliwood Hard Mode LTC Video Playthrough

PKL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positioning seems pretty random indeed. I might have thought of a way to do a 4 turn. If it doesn't work, I still have a Dracoshield to make Eliwood tank the soldiers in EP 3. Sadly, I can't test my strat now. I'll leave this here though,

4 turning this chapter was really tough. Marcus can't really double the mercs near the boss, but I quickly noticed that he could OHKO with a hand axe if i gave him the energy ring. Lowen is boss and helped out Oswin and Hector, who come so late in this 4 turn and have shaky hitrates versus the bandit near them. Precise positioning was required so that the soldiers don't attack from the mountains because that would cause more whiffs. The boss area was a pain in general to optimize because of the shaky hand axe hitrate on the mercs. (67%) I would've used Javelin, but Lowen needed it to get rid of the archer near Oswin and Hector in time. I might give the Dracoshield next chapter to Eliwood to shave a turn, but im still undecided because I might find a strat that could save me the turn without needing to spend the Dracoshield on him.

According to FEWoD, the location of your units can vary depending on Lyn mode or other factors. I've experimented in every way and I can only 5 turn with the positioning the game gave me...I might have to restart over and over from scratch until the positioning is favorable. I'm so mad that I'm not gonna play for awhile though. Seriously, I hate this random positioning shit costing me a turn.

Edited by PKL

Do the positions change if you proceed to the chapter right away from the previous and then reload from a chapter save? I wonder if it could be a RNG thing.

Also, wait, isn't 4-turning the problem not 5-turning? Just have somebody else rather than Marcus attack the tree (maybe rescuechain Marcus through), or you could have Hector drop Marcus over the river - either way works. Not sure if Matt can lift Eliwood though, but Hector could takedrop/takegive him, too. A 5-turn cannot be a problem in any imaginable universe, including Guy's recruitment.

Edited by Espinosa

Yes, it's the 4 turn that's causing problems. I can do a 5 turn blindfolded lol. It's just the 4 turn that is like, literally 1 space away with river AND snag strats. Guy route is 5 turns because of bad positioning too. I've tried reloading from Chapter 12 and I get the same positioning. I don't even know. Dracoshield strat couldve worked, but the archer always attacks Eliwood from the left and blocks the boss fml. Although I have an idea that might work.

EDIT: Also, I have to play in a way that Marcus will gain spd before boss fight or he cant double with Steel Axe and ORKO. (remember no silver lance in EHM)

EDIT 2: Yep, theres no way this one strat wont work. It's just impossible. I'm sure it'll work.

Edited by PKL

Yeah, just be careful with shopping in chapters 14 and 15 and you'll be fine. THINK OF ALL THE TURNS YOU'LL SAVE.

I think the main problem with skipping gaidens is the loss of the Silver Card. But you should be all right regardless.

If it's only until Chapter 16, I think I can manage. If it was all game, I would definetely not enjoy that. @ Espinosa, it's not like there's a shortage of funds in this game anyway :P

4 turns

This chapter was a pain to plan for. The unit positioning at the beginning made it pretty tough as I could only get 4 turns with a very precise strat. I'm very pleased with this clear though. I would've liked to recruit Guy, but he doesnt like to move in this mode when I trigger the soldiers, which made it impossible. I skip Merlinus' village because that would take me to 13x and cost me 7 turns. That's unacceptable due to the nature of this run. Having no convoy is new territory for me though, but I should be able to manage.

Total Turns so far: 12

I feel like I wasted the Dracoshield. I had no clue Eliwood would dodge the soldiers at the end, which makes me want to go back and not use the Dracoshield on a unit that's getting hp skl levels only.

4 turns

This chapter was a pain to plan for. The unit positioning at the beginning made it pretty tough as I could only get 4 turns with a very precise strat. I'm very pleased with this clear though. I would've liked to recruit Guy, but he doesnt like to move in this mode when I trigger the soldiers, which made it impossible. I skip Merlinus' village because that would take me to 13x and cost me 7 turns. That's unacceptable due to the nature of this run. Having no convoy is new territory for me though, but I should be able to manage.

Total Turns so far: 12

I knew Lowen would have no trouble ORKOing that Archer. I remember doing the same thing on HHM and I noted that if I didn't go the southern route I'd need to have Lowen crit the archer (alternatively, Hector equip a Hand Axe and crit the hell out of literally everything) and Marcus critting the boss. 4-turning is a lot more likely by going the southern route in HHM since you can recruit Guy (by causing a huge mess with all the enemies down there no doubt) and have non-negligible crit against the boss with it - but nobody knows how to cause Marcus to appear on the southeasternmost spot of the map out of all your deployed units.

Did Lowen need any speed above his base AS to double?

I knew Lowen would have no trouble ORKOing that Archer. I remember doing the same thing on HHM and I noted that if I didn't go the southern route I'd need to have Lowen crit the archer (alternatively, Hector equip a Hand Axe and crit the hell out of literally everything) and Marcus critting the boss. 4-turning is a lot more likely by going the southern route in HHM since you can recruit Guy (by causing a huge mess with all the enemies down there no doubt) and have non-negligible crit against the boss with it - but nobody knows how to cause Marcus to appear on the southeasternmost spot of the map out of all your deployed units.

Did Lowen need any speed above his base AS to double?

Yeah, Guy's killing Edge comes in handy. I'm so sad to leave it behind. Idk what causes positioning to change. For the longest time I thought it was tactician affinity, but I dont think thats it now. It seems more random than anything.

He's at +1 spd from his base and I think the archer had 4 spd, so yeah, I guess so.

Also, I redid Chapter 13 in what felt like seconds. It's the same except:

Eliwood didnt use Dracoshield because screw Eliwood.

Serra got a heal at the end because I forgot in the vid.

I'd invest into Eliwood if I were you, since he's supposed to seize and all.

I'm really looking forward to chapter 28, which pretty much requires two proficient staffers (though I think another LTC strat would be to carry a Warper with a flier in the left group, drop with Eliwood and then warp next turn).

Well, so far, Eliwood isnt looking very promising. 2 hp skl levels and then an hp only level in Ch14. I guess I could redo Chapter 14, but I dont want to lose Marcus' skl spd level and Lowen's hp spd level.

3 turns

This one was pretty easy. I wanted to maximize Lowen and Eliwood's exp gain. Both of them got pretty boss levels, so I'm pleased. Hector is off to a bad start. Marcus got a meh but acceptable hp def level. Next chapter I get my first flier, Florina. She should be pretty helpful at cutting turns even though she's so underleveled. Erk will also probably come in handy with his offensive prowess. I also get Sain and Kent, who I plan on using. I will probably train Sain over Kent because he's easier to feed kills to, thanks to his higher str. Both kent and sain dont double at their start and Sain is better at single strikes. I will also be training a few units that aren't really supposed to be used in LTC. Who are those units, I wonder?

Total Turns so far: 15

Edited by PKL