H5 Blind playthrough log - COMPLETED!

Irysa

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably not a fish, but I'm definitely not an ichthyologist or even a zoologist so I wouldn't know.

Does AI really target Marth over other units because he's the Lord? I always thought it was because Marth has lolstats.

catria isn't honestly that bad but theres quite a few things that Palla can OHKO/2HKO that Catria just misses early, and a few things that OHKO Catria that don't OHKO Palla. And if Catria's strength doens't cooperate, she's a waste of space, although she seems to be doing fine.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 16]

eJSkIU1.png

This map really kind of made me want to warpskip until I figured out something that made it a lot easier. It's still annoying though, the layout is just awful.

P8Wrhh6.png

I mean, why the fuck are the villages so far away from the throne? Theres a thief there too so he'll raid them if you dont get there quick.

akUYrEP.png

And this recruitable is on the other side of the map from the villages. At the least, he can't attack, so I'm not in a big rush to recruit him.

q6SfMCY.png

Enemy forged ridersbanes :(

There's a lot of shit like that on this map, its pretty lame.

4KVu3nc.png

Not to mention another fortify curate...

XaeqK0D.png

I forged another Wing Spear since this one is almost broken. Named it in honor of Ephraim. Fun fact: Reginleif means Valkyrie. Shiida fits it pretty well imo :V

ZfxByNX.pngMB3YDWs.png

I gave Catria a drop as well, and arms scrolled Lena so she can use Aura (oops, forgot to do that last chapter since she was busy tinking :facepalm: )

UGdHGVa.png

With the drop, Catria can oneshot this guy with a Ridersbane. Although we may not need that.

vcAeLB5.png

Oh yeah and there are a set of forts here that no doubt spawn reinforcements...

eoCQ1yg.png

Anyone, attempt something-i-forgot here we go. (don't ask why Shiida is a Paladin. I really can't remember <_< ) I like the intro to this map but theres not much to say or point to showing the conversation.

TCcti82.png

First things first, kill this stupid curate with my Ballista.

0JXUh7H.pngr0uZIGv.png

A considerable amount of misses and resets later...

8Xl7O3k.png

Beck killed him with a much more accurate hoistflame because my patience was done.

TyOKsFL.png

Marth and Shiida charge east to get to the villages, and will be going the long way around the map. Everyone else goes bottom.

dexV1Uq.png

And as you probably guessed, Sedgar is going to go bait the DKs.

WzdgAfB.png

le sedgar face

Pf4wbO8.png

The third dk likes to be a derp and fly into dumb places instead of hitting Sedgar, so I had Barst and Castor hang back a little in case the position was off. Sometimes he actually is untouchable on the water which is really annoying and forces an instant reset since he's in range of your entire army. :\

fRGx2iX.pngu62iDn3.png

Barst chips, gets B axes, solid growth.

FLDyQqe.png

Castor gets to put his shiny new silver bow to use now.

eYOYArk.png

For a dude with 40% in like everyting he likes to dissapoint.

qOWpyN2.png

Catria gets fed more kills...

EcQl643.png

Catria is trying her damndest to outdo Shiida and get Marth's attention.

lqxqI33.png

Note that Sedgar is in the red for enemies on the center island. This has some fun side effects which we see in a minute.

P2hnbrn.png

:V

jdBnUSy.png825L56C.png

This also makes allll the AI who have 2 range stop going round the map and come back up to try to tink Sedgar, and activates the general and Paladin to start moving as well. I think I may have originally made her a Paladin because I wanted her to be able to fight on the east witout getting blicked by horsemen but forgot to turn her into a DK after I figured this out.

D3qHDPC.pngL7AzQ2F.png

I could open the door now but I can't because this other stupid Hero actually has a mag stat with a levin sword, and the damage the two of them can do is enough to fuck anyone up bad (even Sedgar). The plan is to get Lena to kill the first hero, then have her kill levin sword one from behind the door before I open it up.

YEnjpC9.pngY6gwCYm.png

You can only visit one of these villages. I went for Arran because he comes with a silver lance and killer lance, wheras Samson comes with a Silver Axe. They'd both be sitting on the bench anyway.

jmMKDPN.png

Pop the save for something fun next turn.

7vag8vc.png

I want to feed this to Marth so I'm going to rig him a crit.

AR51vh2.pngtBfhs3f.png

After like 15 resets (that is so not a 29% chance to crit...) marth pulls it off and levels up.

FzOxW6Z.pngh95g6ij.pngVUtVTFF.pngMFX9br9.png

Well I'll be damned, Jake actually hit so Sedgar could kill that dude this turn.

5WTTj0l.png

I have nothing witty to say this time, sorry :(

DytS1EU.png

...why didn't I think this would be a problem.

tlpg5GR.png

Okay plan B, marth chips the ridersbane cav then Shiida will KO him next turn.

ZOFSE2K.png

Between Lena and Sedgar I'm untouchable, screw your forges!

vNV3Gep.png

Jesus christ, aren't your growth rates supposed to be garbage?

R8KtIlY.png

Mission accomplished.

D36EdCk.png

Marth runs away like a pussy to let his girl look after his mess.

8CpdPYC.png

With all the horsemen done, Catria goes to kill this javelin cav.

FZBZPhS.png

Don't let Xane block the door!

OelPZgj.pngx0xxN2j.png

A Lances for Shiida, both the cav and paladin suicide on her.

gxONgd5.png

Shiida owns and has blue hair, Marth is hers and she won't share (too bad Catria)

Seriously is everyone with blue hair in this game rigged? (ignore Marth...wait and Midia. Nevermind)

b1iQSPQ.pngbp278Wz.png

Unfortuantely, Shiida is now so low hp that she will die to the General and can't OHKO him. So instead of using a physic, I cheese out and have marth pull a vulnerary out and give it to her so she can heal herself and hit the general with her 1 use remaining Win Spear, then marth can take the kill.

N3ZdjEF.png

Rip in peace.

6OxuM1r.png

Whoop whoop.

7JKgQzf.png

I walled Xane in so he doesnt do anything stupid whilst Marth runs over.

UeTxLZc.png

Threw sedgar out the door solo with a javelin and he crit killed one of em.

i49NrqI.png

Don't even need a Ridersbane to finish these dudes off. Abel killed the other one.

SiTHyEA.png

Popped the save since we're near the end now.

9QMtAtI.pngjjCOQNR.png

Well shit, reinforcements. Check the top left too...they spawn on turn 11 EP. I reloaded my save and checked and Shiida can just about make it to the boss in time to kill it on turn 11 without any warp use, but wont be able to get healed since she has to run full mov range every turn to make it. Luckily, she's still carrying a vulnerary.

H0q8KmI.png

Wth that, I can do it easily.

MU65hqH.png

Of course I'm greedy and just reset till I get a crit/miss on the boss since she's only 1 hp off surviving the boss, and I obviously can't use up that precious vulnerary/physic! <_<

tzorvzo.png

Soup.

MT4mVpp.png

Kay. Turning into people is cool. Too bad he can't copy their held weapons too, INFINITE WIN SPEAR. Being able to clone Barst kinda obsoletes Ogma a bit...now that I think about it, another Ballista would be cool too.

bX5zqLA.png

Actually I wonder, can Xane seize in place of Marth?

sfmzKHy.png

Don't care about this crap.

8l4Xtp8.pngKhtq6uc.png

Now THESE i can get behind.

Y3saUGv.png

I'm doing a few rounds in the arena beacuse Sedgar Lena and Shiida kinda ate all the exp on the map >_>

TP3Jasj.png

Xane can't seize :(

MgcPcNd.png

Catria stopped proccing str :((

yTaYi4q.png

Marth could seize but I'm dumping some more arena time into my crew.

4a1nTfg.png

Meh....

cGy3qlY.png

Abel thinks he's a Pegasus Knight.

Mti3Rd0.png

Thank you for not sucking.

6wRzEk2.png

God DAMN Barst is a beast.

Q2nCrot.png

Marth seizes turn 23.

WyPzKoE.pngArMA7di.png

Okay that's a little bit over localised...

Chapter 16 turns - 23

Total turncount - 256

I have a bunch of statboosters lying around and the boss of the next chapter has another speedwing! Lemme know who you wanna see them go to, since I'm rather undecided.

1 Talisman, 1 Dracoshield (probably Barst), 1 Goddess Icon (probably Sedgar), 1 Spirit Dust (probably Lena?), 2 Speedwings (Cain?) and 1 Energy drop. I am thinking about benching Ogma and Cord, Cord simply doesn't have deployment room anymore and is lagging behind in levels and Ogma's stats, whilst nice, don't compare to Barst's and Hero!Sedgar, and I can just arms scroll them for weapon ranks if neccessary (i know the next map has the secret shop since the vip card is there and jake said so! ).

[spoiler=Unit stats]

UNIT CLASS LEVEL HP ST SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL

MARTH LORD
12.86 28 11 09 13 15 11 01 C SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/06.79 37 14 17 24 20 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN CAVALIER
13.30 28 14 13 12 09 11 00 D SWORD C LANCE

ABEL CAVALIER
13.08 28 12 13 14 06 10 00 D SWORD C LANCE

BARST FIGHTER
14.19 35 17 12 15 10 08 00 B AXE

CASTOR HUNTER
14.22 27 13 11 13 07 06 00 B BOW

CATRIA PEGASUS KNIGHT 09.23 24 11 11 17 09 09 06 C LANCE

SEDGAR GENERAL ??/10.34 45 17 12 12 06 25 02 C LANCE C BOW

LENA SAGE 20/04.39 27 15 15 15 21 05 17 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC CURATE 18.90 31 09 14 15 12 06 03 B STAFF (C TOME)

OGMA MERCENARY 12.60 30 12 16 16 07 09 00 B SWORD

CORD FIGHTER 10.64 26 14 08 14 12 07 00 C AXE

JULIAN THIEF 09.58 22 09 11 16 12 07 00 D SWORD

Edited by Irysa

Well crap, the secret shop here doesn't sell arms scrolls. <_< This sort of makes the boss a little problematic.

Maybe Ogma gets to help one more map. Or I just make Swordmaster!Shiida kill him with a Wyrmslayer. Or maybe I should just keep Ogma around period because aside from Marth (lol) nobody else has a good sword rank without a SM reclass. Then again...that can't be THAT demanding, I have so many units who could become an SM if i really needed one. Ehhhh.

Is having a dedicated hero with C sword or better important? Or can I just get away with making people SMs when neccessary.

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb, I have dragonpikes. I don't need that at all. Facepalm.

Edited by Irysa

I should have said suggest statboosters on the units listed in the stats :V

[spoiler=Chapter 17]

KICudk1.png

This chapter looked rather easy but there are some nuances that can complicate it a bit.

ZzBnk2h.png

Fortify bishops :(

(Special shops you say? Like...a secret shop? ho ho)

esJGG7D.png

Siege magic is lame. Luckily he can't really hit anything and Shiida can easily reach him when the door gets opened.

DzcCj5x.png

Oh yeah and the boss. He's problematic because he immunes magic so no excalibur/aura crit > easy cleanup. I had a plan to make Shiida into a Swordmaster and have her used a forged Wrymslayer to kill her, but then I remembered that I'm stupid and there's a Dragonpike.

K2F6oqv.png

So I forged a +4 mt +10 hit for her. She can one round him easily with this.

OC8NAiM.png

These thieves are jerks and try to steal another warp staff. I'll go into detail about how I deal with them later.

FuF2dWF.png

And these guys are assholes. As if capped skill and speed wasn't bad enough, they're actually lying. I got warned about this earlier, but I noticed anyway because of their avd. Despite having 0 luck, and not being on any special terrain, the dragon has 25 avd. Which basically means that's actually 25 speed. So to not get doubled, you have to be Shiida. Fortunately that's another reason to make a strong Dragonpike for her.

hHxZVIY.png

Oh yeah and, I made Sedgar a Hero. I thought before I could buy arms scrolls at the secret shop but you can't, so I really need to start building his weapon ranks, at the least getting to D rank for Hand Axes.

yIkC4bh.png

Okay lets go!

bZ9ieGw.png

Originally, the plan was to have a ballistician chip one of the bishops, then have Barrier!Shiida kill without taking a counter, and be able to survive and take out the sniper and other bishop next turn. Unfortunately...the thieves cause problems because on by turn 3, they are in range of the top left Dragon. Who wrecks everyone but Shiida. So I have to have Shiida run up the western passage to get him out the way STAT so that I can get rid of the thieves safely.

Unfortunately, the first dragon does not move unless you are in his range. This raises 2 problems because there is an aggressively moving bolganone mage to the north. The dragon has to die on turn 2, but the mage also needs to die or he causes problems. So that means Shiida needs to be able to kill the mage on turn 2, which means the dragon must already be weakened. Beacuse there are two fortify bishops, they will heal the dragon if he takes damage from Shiida (she puts him to about 7 hp with the forge), enough to the point where even Aura!Lena cannot kill him. So to start, one of the fortify bishops must die on turn 1, and the only units that can safely do it are my Ballisticians. I choose the one who drops a fortify staff, so that it is not used at all and I get a full use one.

As you can see though, the hitrate is rather less than ideal with stonehoist.

cYk7ceN.pngHGkTr7g.png

To make matters worse, if the bishop rolls high on hp or def then I can't rely on the much more accurate hoistflame to KO him afterwards and have to trade for the stonehoist and try again. Odds really aren't in my favor on this.

gnUCsAj.png

:(

yKuhOaA.png

Eventually I get lucky from resets and he rolled lower on hp, allowing me to get the KO with hoistflame.

uwTjYJg.png

I'm pretty sure speed is useless for you but I won't say no to strength!

tsQwVtQ.png

Catria will K.O this enemy mage on EP with her javelin.

0ErDKFg.png

Whilst Shiida runs up near the dragon with her shiny new forge (obviously since I can't KO him on PP he'd just kill me on EP if I attacked now so I have to wait)

LgVL25K.png

Lena will be finishing him off next turn, and Merric probably healing Shiida up so she can take out the next Dragon quickly.

mbbn99N.png

Marth and the rest take the other passage to cut the thieves off and clear out the knights.

glDRUsA.png

Oh yeah and Julian tags along to open chests <_<

RLUD0UZ.pngnRdVU9u.png

Not for long.

xpr8UIg.pngQQuyLSz.png

Dynamic duo at work

Vyd2ckQ.pngpnbxuRo.png

The positioning of these knights is really random and can basically break my attempt. Sometimes both of them position themselves in such a way that Marth cannot safely KO one after Sedgar has chipped it, because he is in range of the Hero below. This time however, Sedgar can chip one, bait the hero, and marth can finish off the other.

Z8ZMfDB.png

Even if he apparently isn't very useful lategame, 9 mov with forged rapier isn't anything to sniff at, so I don't regret raising him.

1g9RQpb.png

Depending on the dragon's resistance rolls, this is either barely a KO or close enough. Technically I could have spirit dusted Lena and then had her use an Elfire or something instead but whatever.

oftatmS.png

Thats a Lena level up alright.

UA2skbx.png

For a 20% growth in mag whilst a curate he's not really been doing too badly.

GhcArCu.png

Just barely! I don't actually need to OHKO the mage with a silver here since she's baaarely bulky enough to take it but since I need her for tanking shortly after, this is a good thing to do.

H2tG0xR.png

And another shiny green number for Paladin.

UQEO3vW.png

Poor Beck and Jake have basically nothing else to contribute on this map now.

bshJMD1.pngFB54zZC.png

Now, we have to clear up the remaining enemies here without aggroing the sniper or the Dragon.

V6FnFiq.pngCWgC9eZ.pngXJtaDdQ.png

Sedgar chips for Marth again, whilst Cain and Abel throw javelins at the Hero, before Barst takes the kill.

ySZ1p4i.png

Clear!

RAufqXH.pngyA4wS44.pnguaIzTma.png

Instead of having her KO the Dragon, I get her to chip so Marth can get fed another kill.

ftgGXVI.pngSi5rwd9.pngrDDxa4k.png

Julian actually pulls some weight because he's one of the only units aside from Shiida who isn't doubled by these thieves and I don't want her to take them, as the exp dump is better spent on someone else. Abel gets one, and Catria gets the other (with Sedgar's help)

V0150MZ.png

At this rate I can probably promote her at 12.

g6sCYdo.png

I have Shiida move down to bait the sniper with a javelin. Her position is so that the sniper can actually be attacked by two units, since if he's in the door or just below it I'd have to use chip + 1-2 to finish him off. Then I get Cain to save because the sniper has a forged killer bow. She has just enough EHP to survive one attack, and her massive luck stat negates a lot of his crit, but not all of it. Better safe than sorry!

ysi9wQN.png

Close call, but calculated.

CEnjqOZ.png

Barst takes the kill next turn.

FOfEK5G.png

What the fuck man, that's Lena's job, not yours. D:

H73zHX3.png

Good thing we have that save...

I would have resetted until he got str anyway, seeing as once he promotes (which is basically like, after this chapter), he goes down to 20% str growth as a Hero, meaning he needs to get as much as he can out of his 40% while he can.

2Ecdzwn.png3bYjUpH.png

Shiida actually crits him back...not what I want for once.

n45c3C7.png

Annnd then I GET crit...

T0hbuCb.png

And then she crits once and misses the other...(we've almost exhausted every possibility here lol)

j6QTD1f.png

Barst KO's for a stellar final tier 1 level up.

Now all I have to worry about is the mages.

inELpZx.png

Cain baits, Catria cleans up.

cAARYiQ.png

Then Barst baits and Cain cleans up.

dTjp7zI.pngcS26m8i.png

Looting time! Everyone else starts running back over, Merric doles out more heals.

UKE78D7.pngFTMRYcs.pnggvFnRhu.png

I lied, Beck and Jake do get to help out again with this dude.

jmiycUZ.pngTx6XxwZ.png

Merric hits 20 whilst healing everyone up, and then promotes next turn. The reason this takes so long is because I'm being a derp and lugging Julian ALL the way over to open the door instead of just using a door key.

kPCxY5L.pngtFCscZn.png

He'll be going straight back to sage next map. Julian's almost here!

uIRQ9an.png

Pop a save with Shiida and get everyone into position to storm the door.

Zd8UBSH.png

From the save to the Bishop, its exactly 10 tiles. :themoreyouknow:

IXtPZNE.png

I bet she probably procced speed too but yeah, caps. Paladin str growth is better than DK but only by like 5%, impressed to see it happen again.

QceLQ5D.png

A staves for Merric! Although he's undoubtedly dropping back to B when he reclasses to sage but w/e

ISZuglu.pngcIhWUpE.png

B Swords for Marth (Silvers yay), Sedgar and Catria kill the other Knight. Now its just the boss.

tKB8vPj.png

I spoke too soon...

AdsJmON.png

Pfft, chump.

IpaAjhG.pngrj5hAux.png

:V

scqbw3P.png

Marth could seize but I want to visit the secret shop with my silvercard/vipcard Catria.

OKUSEsC.png

I looked up where it was, but whatever, here it is.

2fHlGxg.png

I bought two longbows, two poleaxes, and a killer axe.

v2JvDQU.png

Marth seizes turn 17.

xwMpVsI.pngRJxQyBO.pngGDr6TJH.png

zBPVv5i.pngakp1gE2.pngQ5to8aF.png

;_;7

Chapter 17 turns - 17

Total turncount - 273

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
14.22 30 12 11 14 16 11 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/08.92 39 15 19 25 21 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN CAVALIER
13.69 28 14 13 12 09 11 00 D SWORD C LANCE

ABEL CAVALIER
13.67 28 12 13 14 06 10 00 D SWORD C LANCE

BARST HERO
15/01 38 19 22 21 10 13 00 B AXE D SWORD

CASTOR HUNTER
14.22 27 13 11 13 07 06 00 B BOW

CATRIA PEGASUS KNIGHT 10.73 25 12 12 18 10 09 06 C LANCE

SEDGAR HERO ??/10.65 45 15 19 20 06 17 02 D SWORD E AXE (C LANCE C BOW)

LENA SAGE 20/05.16 27 15 15 15 22 05 18 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC SAGE 20/01 37 13 16 17 12 06 13 C TOME B STAFF

JULIAN THIEF 09.68 22 09 11 16 12 07 00 D SWORD

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, I played a lot of other games in the meantime but hopefully I can plough through and finish this in the next week or so and then finish my FE6 challenge run.

[spoiler=Chapter 18]

dnWaU1l.png

This is a pretty simple chapter. There's only really one way to go and not much planning or anything required. Just a lot of Ridersbanes since the entire enemy army is mounted.

ETbkIsj.png

The only issue is that there are some horsemen intersparsed between some of the enemy Ridersbane Pallies/Cavs which means you need to a bit careful about how you handle things but as long as you pull the groups properly you can just blick everything anyway so it's really not a problem.

5BkRksO.pngq511ySy.pngj1PzRND.png

Rawr, Barst promoted, then reclassed to Hero. I also fed him a Dracoshield for 15 defence, tanky.

3GNjjbr.pngmP0jspU.png

I didn't actually promote Cord, just a comparison shot. The Axe Rank is nice and all but Sedgar has the def and can go to Horseman...ehhh...getting Sedgar to a decent weapon rank is going to really suck though, I was counting on being able to buy arms scrolls.

The primary problem with Sedgar as it stands is that I can't put his decent Lance rank (he has nearly B) to use in anything other than general. If I could turn him into a Pally or something I'd be so over that but alas, there are no mixed class sets in this game. Since his main job is to basically tank shit on EP, using 1-2 is pretty advantageous but 6 move is beginning to become a bit annoying to cope with so I really would like him to be able to be a Hero (8 mov) with Hand Axes.

For now I made him a Warrior (7 mov) so he can use his decent bow rank and use axes a bit better (including hand axes, which will be sort of important.)

7HiIXHc.png

Nobody told me Longbows were Sniper/Archer only in this game...well thats a total waste of money, unless Jeorge gets randomly fielded again sometime. :facepalm:

s9kUBQ6.png

Round 1, Ready, Go!

5MgL8zk.pnge2LKvVq.pngMqz7D9X.pngTlNj0dd.png4wZyjyb.png

Someone has the hots for Camus.

By the way, the new map music here is fantastic, it's a minor key rearrangement of the initial map themes. I love it when games do stuff like this, probably one of my favourite tracks I've heard so far in the game.

qlaMbuy.png

Nothing much to say about Turn 1 besides Xane is now Shiida. People ran up.

hrE9k2L.png

Turn 2, had Barst and Sedgar block off the bridge from the cavs and pallies charging towards me. I stay out of range of the killing edge cav and just have them bait at the top of the bridge for the two javelin cavaliers with handaxes.

5SiuScV.png

Everyone else moves up and I pop a save with Merric because the hitrates on handaxes are generally less than stellar...

xwETdkY.pngIuwyICE.png

Only had to reset once to get Sedgar to connect all 4 hits!

6JVm9KD.png

*shakes fist*

NGbYjwh.png

Yeah uh, these guys are still quite powerful despite their attack power not having gone up for a while, they dont even get forges. They double less people by now but are still fomidable enemies if you let them hit you on EP (unless your name is General Sedgar). They overlap in range a bit with the other enemies here so a little finesse is required to pull them all out correctly.

c2vl5KC.pngTOq1Kvz.pngui24h95.pngyqSjk8B.png

Although in the meantime we're just mopping up cavs with magic, rapiers and ridersbanes.

DKzyc2M.png

Another monster in the making...

ZlPAYuJ.pngmaThWtN.png

N6B1fbz.png

With this layout, Shiida is only exposed to at max 3 EP attacks from a Pally and 2 Cavs, which she can handle. However, Xane next to her is using a weaker weapon and is in range of the 3rd cav (south) so with any luck he'll aggro that cav instead so Shiida only has to take two. Both arent in range of the horsemen.

wfJ1CvG.pngMWrlE5J.pngl78MJOg.png

Just as planned.

Wj35pgZ.pngHH5wI5x.png

This is why this map isn't particularly interesting, you just run around bonking everything on PP <_<

SzAzIGF.png3QXKcTm.pngYL9dOb8.png6C728fW.png

Cain and Abel bonk the horsemen and level up. Solid stuff all round. Cain is going to be a beast once he promotes I feel.

YpGUF34.pngl27OMEo.png

Gee this looks familiar...

Z8Bc4jw.png

Welp, another reset. Sedgar hit all his hand axes after this.

iyG05qG.png

Cain bonked the horseman, Catria kills the Pally, Sedgar/Barst go to pull again.

ty5cxGk.png

Yep...thats Sedgar alright.

UNmOwpO.png

Horsemen actually went for Barst instead since he has lower def now :V

HB7zZYV.png

Hey look, they all queued up for me to kill! How thoughtful.

qkf45Hq.pngGsSCvUq.png

Catria doesn't want to get more str but I can't really complain. Even after I energy dropped her her str is good.

d6Z2siI.png

B tomes to Merric...

QlTlffO.pngjQToX4P.png

I wish my Roy turned out like Marth :(

DV8ECnF.pngzUCunAZ.png

And that's pretty much it for enemies. There are 2 more ridersbane cavs near the boss I guess...

sQY9WQN.png

Wonder what's for sale...

RtVQk7x.png

OH BOY RIDERSBANES MY FAVOURITE. (I didn't buy any because I already have enough)

oCfQDTT.png

I did buy a pure water though.

DysxA6x.png

Oh hey it's Est.

iTapMDF.png

Payback on this jerkface.

eTQrv2m.png

Lame, I guess it's another MUST RECRUIT SELF BY TALKING TO MARTH deal.

1lE4BZC.pnghwmaWLO.png

Tanky Barst.

XOTcoGs.pngXxRm6It.png

h7pGdV5.pngO8xedYm.png

Bonk/10

r0IXOnY.pngJK0zJCo.png

Can't quite oneshot the boss so I get Catria to help. Close call though!

d1wIdP0.pngNVw7RhJ.pngYEDrcxh.png

Shut it Gandalf.

RM6fuEF.png

Have to move Marth a tile west so Est can go talk to him next turn.

lCKoAiC.pngD06IZj1.png

Oh boy, and I have nobody to use it since Ogma got benched. Crap. I guess Marth can maybe eventually. <_<

26OTPVo.png

Fuuuuuck, need another turn.

fzpMjir.png

Since I'm waiting I have the sisters chat.

Jbh2AzE.png

Zzz, triangle attack. Can't remember the last time I ever actually used that in any FE game.

W8zORxA.png

Haha, good joke, have you seen her bases Palla?

IY50ino.png

Marth seizes turn 10.

Wkw3Pxw.pngfPSPQ6V.pngXntGvMd.pnggvn9ocZ.png

Marth 1, Rumors - 0

Chapter 18 turns - 10

Total turncount - 283

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
15.09 31 13 11 15 17 11 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/09.81 39 15 19 25 22 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN CAVALIER
15.08 30 15 14 14 10 11 00 D SWORD C LANCE

ABEL CAVALIER
15.06 30 14 15 15 06 10 00 D SWORD C LANCE

BARST HERO
15/01.81 38 19 22 21 10 13 00 B AXE D SWORD

CASTOR HUNTER
14.73 27 13 11 13 07 06 00 B BOW

CATRIA PEGASUS KNIGHT 12.30 27 12 14 20 11 10 06 C LANCE

SEDGAR WARRIOR ??/11.09 45 17 12 17 07 16 02 D AXE C BOW (C LANCE)

LENA SAGE 20/05.37 27 15 15 15 22 05 18 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC SAGE 20/01.66 37 13 16 17 12 06 13 B TOME B STAFF

Quick question since I'm just cleaning up chapter 19 for treasure and have those Priests sitting there - can you Hammerne Tiki's divinestone, and is it worth giving her some levels? I see manakete's dont get a class bonus in this game for exp unlike what I'm used to in GBA so it's not as easy to level her as say, Fae or Myrrh. I imagine she can still be a mobile nuke for dragons but idk how important it is to give her levels considering you've all told me Marth can't kill Medeus. <_<

Edited by Irysa

you can't repair dragonstones since they're not considered to be weapons

i honestly haven't used Tiki in a long time but she still grows really fast since she's such a low level, and even an underlevelled tiki can wreck problematic manaketes

she or nagi definately aren't nescessary to kill medeus though, just give a good swordmaster/horseman/berserker a megaforge or a reglia and they can do the job

I actually tried that out whilst clearing out the map and was pleased to find it worked. Anyway, here's chapter 19.

[spoiler=Chapter 19]

em25C8y.png

This chapter isn't too bad either really, some fast enemies and hard hitting mages but nothing we can't handle.

2z22h9E.png

Hey look, it's Tiki. As the boss. Recruitable bosses are fun!

EWM5fnU.png

This guy apparently already stole the Lightsphere and has enough speed that even Shiida can't double without reclassing to swordmaster. And is using a devil sword. What a jerk.

cFjsMS2.png

The only real things of note are a few Killer weapon enemies but I've got a good plan on how to basically nullify the risk here. Note that if you move up to kill this guy you get exposed to an even more dangerous Hero who also has a Killer, so I guess a little bit of planning is required.

J5exgap.png

Bantu crawls out of his cave to come recruit Tiki. I hear he's actually good in the original game, but without any weapon effectiveness he's far too fragile to use on anything in H5.

vFatB1l.pngaSMKt9r.png

Cain and Abel both promote. I also gave Cain a speedwings, so he has 17 speed. Now neither of them get doubled by the enemy Heroes. Also made Sedgar a Hero again. Maybe I can get him to D axes?

UpvW4a9.png

Lets get those Spheres!

Kd2VD5a.png

I should have known Gharnef would be behind this.

Qzfgijt.png

Castor and Merric chip the first guy and Marth takes the kill. This is actually somewhat important beacuse...

0K3u77c.png

With Shiida's high luck and her support bonus (yes, they exist in Shadow Dragon, I only found out a bit before too!) with Marth, the crit is entirely negated.

Uy5cj6f.png

Then Catria swoops in for the kill.

WCjo1Fu.png

Shiida is the only one exposed here to the KE Hero too, and she + marth bring his crit down to 1% (she's also my only unit who can double him)

37RrhAj.pngvzBfnUT.png

Cain will tank the other non KE Merc. Everyone else moves up, and Julian starts working on some doors and chests.

8EzXWqS.pngBcuww1A.png

Oh hey, a miss. Though, now that I know properly about it, all the bonuses really do add up for some rather decent avoid.

VJeH4mI.pngx7mUzhZ.png

58 from a merc, and 71 on the hero (note the 1 crit). The Hero got healed by the Physic priests a bit. Cain is a more ideal candidate to tank the Merc on EP because he doesn't double (which would make the Priest heal the Merc to MORE hp than what a non doubling unit leaves him at)

OPrGbEe.pngdFlnJKk.pngiQAp215.png

Cain kills the Merc with Castor's chip. Nobody else can safely reduce the crit on the Hero enough so I have Shiida chuck javelins at the Hero then Catria take the kill.

bhdQyyq.pngYIIhNu3.png

They both level up nicely.

Y04FCn4.pngQ0FjdDR.png

Abel runs up to chip this Hero on EP. People move up again, Julian keeps looting. I pop a save with Bantu since that was a nice level up.

Vq3uRxP.pngwHL16Nw.pngqIIWVlB.png

One of the thieves opened a door this turn which now presents this mage and another hero, slightly problematic. I do have a save though.

plJsigJ.png

I kill the next hero with Abel after Lena chips.

1mBw8Al.pnglmke9md.png

And then Merric very surprisingly crits. Its not really needed since I still had Shiida to double chip him, but hey, I'll take it. Catria takes the kill again.

DkP1Noi.pngGlSj6RE.png

Since I have the opportunity I'll kill these thieves now as well. Cain is safe from the mage and only exposed to the hero on the right.

GByTmPy.pngsq60OZt.pngqAs0Gfz.png

Shiida tradeswaps him to a Silver Lance and chips the Lightsphere thief, who Marth promptly does away with. One down...

U2n7o01.png

Barst killed the other thief.

q5qDIxx.png

Ehhhhh....

0NlLbHb.pngmiP19Sq.png

Mage goes for Shiida since there's nobody else, and gets rekt. Why is Pally like the only class that gets to have significant res in this game anyway? Just seems to further imbalance things. Cain chipped the Hero.

0iWhSTe.png

Pop a save since Catria and Merric are about to level up and I want to rig mag/str.

BEPWRHC.png3wPlBFI.pngdES2aAh.png

Well..that was easy. Merric chipped and Catria took the Hero kill again.

KQVNE2K.png

I send Barst and Sedgar down since Julian's about to open another door and there might be enemies around.

3R4pxRb.png

Formation here is so that Merric can heal Cain, then Lena can tradeswap for the more-uses-heal to heal Abel before they move up to charge the mages.

X3pF5Yp.png

Not for long.

5DBrcRg.pngxsE25da.pngTZNztcC.png

Welp, turns out I was right. Luckily my Julian actually had a few levels invested so he's not at risk of dying on this turn and Sedgar can kill the Hunter next turn.

vkUSIRP.png

I chipped the starsphere thief with Castor but the priests are still being jerks.

6KkTA8Y.png

IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH LEVELING JULIAN UP GUIZ

mEM7UxW.png2CSsX7e.png

Castor chips the Starsphere thief again for another decent growth and Catria takes the kill.

GnqBsNy.png

Now I just need to talk to Tiki and clean up the chests!

4evpE0G.pngbyVAqh7.png

Cain and Abel get the Mages, Sedgar kills the hunter. Marth whacked a priest a bit but can't double him.

tjXv3K6.png

Just die already jeez.

07XAOU5.png

No surprises here.

lghHGrH.pngbp75Pcx.pngnYg00KD.png

Hi Tiki!

2RdsuIv.pngFmpkV1I.png

Haha, keep dreaming Bantu. Back to the bench with you. <_<

0rkYFor.pngGMtD1uI.pngmf4UVWx.pngHK2yImc.png

Har har.

fUb7iBR.pngtiXj2vp.png

Whilst Julian is looting, Marth finally kills one of the priests. Nice growth there Mar-Mar.

EyHhHTQ.png

Tiki killed the other Priests because I figure I can dump SOME levels into her.

BiDpgzT.pngEkTrEdu.png

Another jerkass Hunter gets put in his place by Starsphere Catria.

SVYEe3I.png

This is a pretty cool item, it hits everyone (even your army) on the map for 13 damage. I can already see the possibilities with fortify and 3x uses...

1GYoAC6.png

Fed Starsphere Tiki another one of these guys.

5Qw15tA.png

Oh shit, this guy is actually kind of strong.

WDLev7q.png

Julian can survive with 1 hp though. :V

BDoQTtH.pngawHN5Nz.png

I do some baiting with Barst and Sedgar to pull him out so I can safely kill him. Catria chips him for the 10 exp she needs to level up. NERF PEGASUS KNIGHTS.

LJTRrsW.png

Then Sedgar misses an 85% disp hit :facepalm:

QjG1lz9.png

But its okay, because now he has D axes as a hero, yay!

YPEFe7a.png

Tiki kills the Sniper with Starsphere again.

7gcqZB2.png

Marth seizes turn 27. Maybe I should have deployed Rickard to save myself some time...

eQHmwBK.png

Did IS know that a sable is like, some small mammal in asia?

Sable.gif

Not very threatening...

GwnIWLG.pngC0IINv0.pngCFZvDNs.png

+ 1 to localisers again.

Vca26jM.png

That you want Camus dickings.

30KE6NN.png

Oh just get it out already woman.

Chapter 19 turns - 27

Total turncount - 310

Promoted Catria and Castor on the next map so here are the stats from there.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
16.19 32 14 11 16 18 12 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/10.30 39 16 20 25 23 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN PALADIN
15/01.83 34 17 17 17 10 12 06 B LANCE D SWORD

ABEL PALADIN 15/01.79 34 16 18 16 06 11 06 B LANCE D SWORD

BARST HERO 15/02.04 39 19 22 21 11 13 00 B AXE D SWORD

CASTOR HORSEMAN 15/01
30 14 14 15 07 09 03 B BOW (ALMOST A!)

CATRIA PALADIN 15/01 35 18 16 20 12 13 06 B LANCE E SWORD

SEDGAR HERO ??/11.37 41 16 20 21 07 18 02 D AXE D SWORD (C BOW C LANCE)

LENA SAGE 20/05.55 27 15 15 15 22 05 18 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC SAGE 20/02.23 38 14 16 17 13 06 13 B TOME B STAFF

Might make Castor a Warrior instead of a Horseman just for some extra str. Maybe I'll energy drop him since he's really close to Parthia. Mm.

Edited by Irysa

you can't repair dragonstones since they're not considered to be weapons

i honestly haven't used Tiki in a long time but she still grows really fast since she's such a low level, and even an underlevelled tiki can wreck problematic manaketes

she or nagi definately aren't nescessary to kill medeus though, just give a good swordmaster/horseman/berserker a megaforge or a reglia and they can do the job

I actually think you can. I was trying to make a max level tiki on a normal mode playthrough I was grinding off the hundred or so dragons in chapter 24. So I was restoring it so she could continue to fight.

Maybe I can even finish this thing in the week :V

2 parts because there is a lot of PLOT

[spoiler=Chapter 20 Part 1] agQsvUO.png

There are a metric fuckton of forts on this map so I actually checked WOD for the reinforcement data. I basically just block all the forts until 10 turns are up and then finish the map, which made it rather simple.

lokwwKa.png

Isn't it convenient that Camus doesn't quite have the speed to avoid getting doubled by a speed capped Paladin? <_< *coughshiidawinspearcough*

vLi5Uvm.png

What utterly pitiful stats. He MUST be recruitable. :V

81PePrI.pnguosiTvd.png1RwbRcS.png

Enemies start using Brave Weapons in this game? That's kinda crazy, but at the same time, their actual individual attack power isn't that high. Neither is the hit rate either.

w5UzsGP.pngSsBH68k.png

Castor and Catria both promoted. Catria promply reclassed to Paladin. Castor is about 3 attacks or something off of being able to use Parthia.

OVh2BLk.png

Fielded Minerva for filler/to hit save points/to camp forts. I was toying with the idea of throwing all my boosters on her to make her legit but I ended up deciding against it. Sorry!

yCw3EHP.png

I guess that's the Regalia equivilant for a Ballistician. Ouch. Good thing I'm packing thunderbolts.

lZqAIMl.png

Marth's rapier is nearly broke so I actually forged him another +4 copy in the convoy right now but I doubt he'll need it this map.

Mp7PxW6.png

XgUAkvo.pngS3oq7TE.pngR5qAPtq.png

MfDDNZN.png5RKFI4m.pngCYw1Sxf.png

0kdG9gW.pngrnqegCV.pnguVt7Rvb.png

CONVERSATION SKIM BECAUSE PLOT OVERLOAD

BOVn4eG.png

Barst's avo is actually 36 since the window didn't calc in the forest, and with WTA + the lower accuracy of the enemy braves, he's pretty damn safe. He can pull all the brave lance pallies for me to Ridersbane next turn.

UMaladv.png81kXXd7.png

There is this guy but even if Barst gets hit by EVERYTHING he'll be fine. Everyone moves down, Minerva gets ready to hit a save (you'll see why in a minute)

BiG216j.pngDFz8xzx.pngfYbkA7A.pngyinSzdD.png

I kill this ballista with Thunderbolt and Beck and Jake both level up.

aJThcje.png80SFmJC.png

Nobody even gets hit.

0VBlkX9.png

Oh yeah, Pallies can cross mountains. Uh. Whatever I should have this cleared out by the time they get over.

d7XWt2Q.png

Lena chip + Marth rapier...

RtBWtku.pngPPWoHcW.png

Castor chip + Tiki...

zY1WpXS.pngfnPGFib.png

Merric chip + Cain ridersbane...

fcRz4KV.pngLH1YRup.png

Sedgar handaxe chip (crit + miss) + Abel iron lance...

Nwfr2O9.pngDJOjnOO.png

Now I'm going to rig a crit with Barst's Killer Axe using a savepoint.

wrcNgGt.png

Couple of resets later...

JXLAuSw.png

Next turn I'm kind of wishing I'd made Shiida a Draco on this map, oh well.

DcxE0MJ.png

Oh huh, Tiki and Xane can talk.

8oVbsni.pngwerSaoY.png

Ncn0lG1.pngJR5PGPD.png

r1yhiPE.pngTo5z2Zg.png

FUXKzIN.pngiHfHrQD.png

NIjdwDl.pngCqyOXoA.png

Who the hell is Xane anyway? Tiki knows him, he knows Gotoh, he can morph...

OpqCZnd.png

Ballista gets tag teamed by Barst and Sedgar next turn.

nGWuNau.png

As for the Brave Sword Pallies, they made it over the hill. Castor chip + Catria Ridersbane...

m5WUQ2i.png

Xane and Lena chip + Cain non forged Ridersbane...

P4BPDv2.png

Merric chip (crit) + Abel Iron Lance...

2RoySsp.png

Marth visits...

tcZ5ZWD.pngfJu6EAf.png

Oh she's quite well! And she'll be slaying an evil wizard soon too, aren't you proud?

GlkVmA9.pngIi0J4dk.png

Can't wait to spam the fuck out of forges!

ARu07Rs.png

That sneaky Thief stayed in range of the ballista instead of moving out >:(

QrM7K7W.png

Killed him anyway and stayed safe with Castor and Catria.

p9lRpQP.png

Speed cap here we come!

P2l19gL.png0JJs7o7.png

Turn 7, everything's blocked except for a lone fort to the east, whom Tiki is poised to handle (with Lena support if neccessary)

vYe00Jj.pngEIU1RoG.png

Haha it's a Knight. Tiki can double him, but can't quite get a kill, and those blasted fortify curates heal him up >:(

tYzjGnX.pngcsjf9fW.png

I heal Tiki next turn so she can safely kill him but it turns out it wasn't even needed since she crits. Damn, 1 point off a perfect level up.

Xg6iyHj.png

Pop a save since I'm about to Thunderbolt the Pachyderm Ballista and I don't want to miss one of them.

9P9r5ld.pngqspkTsm.png

Wasn't needed but whatever. Once it's turn 11 I start heading towards the throne.

DRZ1O9K.pngaPWsUeq.pngaDL6qdJ.png

PREPARE FOR PLOT OVERLOAD, STILL SKIMMING IT WITH SCREENS AS BEST I CAN.

G2JX4cS.pngpYmMj6T.pngHRCMyHA.png

CNHMbG7.pngd0BHMtF.pngZco3NPa.png

When did Nyna get over here?

Urlthlp.pnguXGbk5m.pngDnXQKl4.png

vZnWdNp.pngsgPGE3f.pngYfiLv1k.png

wiSWstA.pngJW0mmID.pngTObjFV1.png

bjaExe4.pngyDa1Uzd.pngBbjR02t.png

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=Chapter 20 Part 2]K2EV0Ih.png

It's actually possible for me to end the map without killing Camus from here. Shiida can recruit Lorenz, he walks off the throne and then Marth seizes. But I want his Lance. Sorry Nyna!

YrIOF7E.pngyplEIV9.png

Marth is safe from Camus, and that General (trust me).

yPfGnyU.pngnANZxYH.png

Well he missed twice but you can see that Marth is bulky enough to take a hit. Camus was even nice enough to move down by himself.

NGd2BOm.png

First though, I got Castor to A Bows! Now if only I had a Mercurius user...

WR8ltt0.pngbyVT2yM.png

MARTH SMASH

ska7e8X.png

SHIIDA ALSO ABOUT TO SMASH

qoNpadj.pngKW32XVP.png

Famous last words.

zF9XHyF.pngpBBgtS7.pngmoGQHDQ.png

RIP.

f1bwcpo.png

Instead of seizing this turn I break Marth's trusty Estoc.

HL3MND6.png

And Shiida recruits Lorenz.

6k4IJcJ.pngTeSdKo1.pngqCEGA1n.png

uITOVQC.pngm9el8l1.pngr8yf1MH.png

S7lEx7r.pngNvvVJnT.pngGkbeeSK.png

mh8zFQB.pngsmgVEQI.pngdtTWKsI.png

MSbo1w6.png

Shiida owns.

rAIYYn4.pngAKLNdZp.png

Marth se-oh wait.

I1dCarT.png5EWqBLA.pngeaBlGFC.png

Just about done too.

mv0nz6C.png

Marth seizes turn 14.

vnBksxn.pngR8192tk.png08Fj43h.png

PKXjys4.pngOXz5ei4.pngba8u1kH.png

XD2mibb.pngQ1Ac07h.pnghk2nMz5.png

sQcOOw3.pngpo7XaaX.pnguEptwxd.png

kgeFAVF.png

Sorry.

Chapter 20 turns - 14

Total turncount - 324

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
17.35 33 15 12 17 19 12 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/10.93 39 16 20 25 23 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN PALADIN
15/02.90 35 17 18 18 11 12 06 B LANCE D SWORD

ABEL PALADIN 15/02.86 34 17 18 17 07 11 06 B LANCE D SWORD

BARST HERO 15/02.43 39 19 22 21 11 13 00 B AXE D SWORD

CASTOR HORSEMAN 15/01.44
30 14 14 15 07 09 03 A BOW

CATRIA PALADIN 15/02.10 36 18 17 21 12 13 06 B LANCE E SWORD

SEDGAR HERO ??/11.50 41 16 20 21 07 18 02 D AXE D SWORD (C BOW C LANCE)

LENA SAGE 20/05.85 27 15 15 15 22 05 18 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC SAGE 20/02.55 38 14 16 17 13 06 13 B TOME B STAFF

Edited by Irysa

Xane gets a lot more backstory in fe3/12 but the general gist of it is he

is part of the divine dragon tribe (like tiki) but lost his ability to transform into a dragon, but can imitate other people instead

Edited by General Horace

Teeta is just a Nyna pallete swap anyways, basically the same thing with green hair!

EDIT Also I maintain that Sheeda could recruit Camus with that exact same dialogue, so the reason you don't get a bitching Perceival wannabe (shutup I know he came first...heh) is because Nyna is a chump.

Edited by Refa

I have a 3 turn warpless strat that I already did for 22, and I want to record a video for it. But god damn, the AI just behaves so weirdly in this game sometimes. Sometimes the Brave Lance Paladin goes full move on turn 1 EP and sometimes he doesn't, on different map save loads lol.

EDIT: Derp I can't count, it was a 4 turn. Also I did get a recording but then wanted to redo it maximise exp gain...and now I want to play something else so I'll get it up later today hopefully.

Edited by Irysa