H5 Blind playthrough log - COMPLETED!

Irysa

Yeah I meant 21, derp. And I accounted for the secret shop, don't worry. Sorry about the recording stutters, sometimes fraps decides to lag to like 15 fps and I have to pause and restart the recording.

Chapter 21 turns - 4 (no warp)

Total turncount - 328

Barst has to dodge at least 3 of the enemy general brave lances at 53 disp hit on turn 1 EP to survive (not too unlikely), and the enemy Paladin to the east has to full move south so that he can be killed without messing with the sniper aggro. That is rather riggy since the AI loves to not do it for some reason, despite the fact it did it on my initial attempt just fine, which of course I wasn't recording...

Fun things - Jeorge came in handy again!

I forged a +4 Arrowspate but turns out I didn't really need it at all. It should be useful next chapter though. I bought all the energy drops, dusts and speedwings and will be using them liberally before the next map, I guess I'll update unit stats later.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I just realised that Catria has 0% res growth as a Pally so I guess that's dynamic growths at work here. 10 levels in Pegasus Knight means she'd be carrying a lingering 5% if I understand the system correctly.

Edited by Irysa

So is a trained Horseman pretty much a must for Warpless LTC in this game? I recall Horace trying to bring up Draug in his unfinished run too. Chipping at enemies sounds pretty hard otherwise, what with mages lacking in mobility, though a trained Sedgar or Wolf could even be doubling people with Hand Axes or whatnot.

where's the XANE option to kill gharnef!

or the alternative option of letting him live and keeping the spheres, which is almost better, lol.

Huh, the Xane thing is something I should have though of since it means I can take less turns trying to kill him, what with Merric and Xane able to swoop in to help Lena finish him off I guess on PP once he's low enough. Lena can still get the KO though!

(ultra joke, give all the dusts to Linde and let her land the KO lolololo. oh wait she's at d tomes, rip)

(also I want falchion beacuse I want Marth to kill Medeus. Even if it involves someone else doing all the work. <_< although if he has 30 speed, that leaves...swordmaster, sniper, berserker, horseman, and thief, to not get doubled lol. Is medeus weak to Wyrmslayer/Dragonpikes?)

Edited by Irysa

no, medeus isn't weak to anything but divinedragonstones and falchion

but you can just beat on him with a parthia and mercurius user until he dies honestly, although it will take a bit longer than using Tiki/Nagi

and gharnef is a huge joke in this game

like im pretty sure if you barrier lena she won't take any damage, even if she's doubled

Edited by General Horace

pshhh do I look like someone who updates runs regulary to you?

anyhow, the only reason I was using draug in my run was for a 30 speed beatstick for medeus, since that's actually pretty hard to come by fe11.

i might actually have to sacrifice people to Loputousu Medeus to save turns haha

but anyhow, I don't really see any other use for a Horseman in this game. It's class base stats are terrible much like most class B units growths with any bow rank so it's tough for them to be more effective than having like 10 dracoknights

Wow, I just had a look at Gharnef's stats on 23. You're right, what a joke. I thought he'd have been upgraded from the desert map. I don't even need to dump all the dusts on anyone lol, either she or Merric only need 1 or 2 dusts to 2RKO him.

Lena wins poll, but I figure I'll just use the votes as dust votes as well, Lena gets 3, Merric gets 2.

Plan for Regalia vs Medeus - Catria or Shiida reclass to Sniper with Parthia and at least 27 speed (Shiida already there, Catria just needs a proc + wings, but need 2 arms scrolls for A rank, can be bought from last secret shop), Cain reclasses to Swordmaster since he has the best Sword rank/exp of any Class A units I have, and only needs 1 arms scroll to get to A with a few sword attacks.

Edited by Irysa

This chapter was really easy. Not even much to really say about it.

[spoiler=Chapter 22]sXVIJhk.png

It looks a lot worse than it is. I threw 3 dusts on Lena so she has 22 mag now, and 2 on Merric so he has 18. All my Pallies got an energy drop and a speedwing (except for Shiida who is already speed capped)

gHSUoXH.png

Charge!

yk105IJ.pngGbhD374.pngYGE90EJ.png

Why is Gotoh here anyway. Isn't Michalis working with Gharnef and co? Doesn't that mean he should oppose Gotoh?

QFwlDzo.pngUt9DGiV.pngZMVhyRj.png

AId3qMr.pngJFVpzTJ.pngXhbmP7C.png

mKNtMZf.pngtWPcMdc.pngveHh55A.png

Dz2WOiI.png

ttFAdZe.pngc5HfBeo.png

First things first, rain hell on these guys with my Ballista and forged Arrowspate! Xane can be a 3rd Ballistician. These guys will never keep up in the charge anyway so this is pretty convenient.

Fj03axZ.png

Good thing Xane doesn't care about stats.

378y7p8.png73Qalk5.png

I zerg up the east side with the rest of my units. Couple of turns later we're in combat range. I pretty much just rammed all my Pallies up and killed all the fliers with some support.

MHPSWjx.png

These guys barely even hurt anymore. Starsphere Gradivus Shiida basically obliterated everything.

O8j6sNF.png

Omg, Jeorge did another thing.

p5kyngH.png

Merric's 6 mov meant he was late to the party, but he got to Excaliblick something eventually.

PamsrCA.png

Goodbye Starsphere, I'll miss you. :(

eAih3AS.pnge0oX17y.png

Grab the Lightsphere and visit...

w0Nsuel.png

VIola.

mLIMfoO.png

By turn 5 basically everything on the map except this curate is dead. Not even any particular strategy. Litearlly, just move things forward and attack them with effective weaponry, stuff WILL die. Sit on the mountains I guess if you can.

None of the enemies are really a threat at all aside from potentially the RIdersbane Pegasus Knights, who can't OHKO any of my Paladins anyway (and missed since they were on mountains)

cUm3PAq.png

Michalis is a joke. Even without effective weaponry he gets slaughtered.

Annoyingly, you can only his special dialogue if Minerva is the first to attack him. The game won't let him speak multiple times, which is kinda lame, I wanted Minerva to kill him, but this conversation is better.

u1oI0eP.png21u9npY.png0VHexRt.png

QDB6vrs.pngXy6LS3l.png0IB9jC5.png

igOIqj1.pngfbfj1pd.png

Gave the bosskill to someone who isn't Shiida for once.

ZWj9c3n.png

Marth seizes turn 9.

Yd32OdQ.pngW4loIoR.pngeMDtuZf.png

Sh4on3b.png

Chapter 22 turns - 9

Total turncount - 337

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT CLASS LEVEL HP ST SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL

MARTH LORD
17.89 33 15 12 17 19 12 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/12.61 40 18 22 25 25 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD

CAIN PALADIN
15/05.31 37 21 20 23 12 13 06 B LANCE D SWORD

ABEL PALADIN 15/04.82 35 19 19 19 07 11 06 B LANCE D SWORD

BARST HERO 15/04.39 40 19 23 22 12 15 03 B AXE D SWORD

CASTOR HORSEMAN 15/02.15
31 15 15 16 07 09 03 A BOW

CATRIA PALADIN 15/04.12 38 20 19 25 13 15 07 B LANCE E SWORD

SEDGAR HERO ??/11.50 41 16 20 21 07 18 02 D AXE D SWORD (B BOW C LANCE)

LENA SAGE 20/06.24 27 22 15 15 22 05 19 B TOME A STAFF

MERRIC SAGE 20/03.99 38 18 17 17 13 06 14 B TOME B STAFF

OGMA MERCENARY 12.60 30 12 16 16 07 09 00 B SWORD

CORD FIGHTER 10.64 26 14 08 14 12 07 00 C AXE

JULIAN THIEF 09.68 22 09 11 16 12 07 00 D SWORD

TIKI MANAKETE 05.50 22 16 14 12 16 20 21 ??

BECK BALLISTICIAN 06.70 23 08 05 05 07 15 00 ??

JAKE BALLISTICIAN 07.57 23 07 06 04 06 15 00 ??

EDIT: Whoops, got some dialogue caps out of place.

Edited by Irysa

Is the boss on 23 considered to be Gharnef, or the Bishop on the seize tile? IE, if Gharnef is at the bottom right and dies, will reinforcements still spawn?

EDIT: Real Gharnef is counted as the boss to stop reinforcements, okay, this should be easy then.

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=Chapter 23]

gjUIlXk.png

This map is kinda annoying because of all the swarm bishops (lookit all dat red). Luckily Pallies get 6 res and with Pure Waters that goes down a lot. Class B people don't like this map though :(

qV1o36C.png

Thieves are beginning to get to ridiculous levels of speed. I bet there's a 30 speed thief in the next chapter or on the final one <_<

kwBvdFD.pngumY7gHZ.pngXEdFFKr.png

3 Gharnefs, but which is the real one? Spoilers, my friend told me about the geosphere trick. I MAINTAIN I'M SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE FIGURED IT OUT NORMALLY

If you somehow don't know, you use the first save point, use the geosphere and the only Gharnef that didn't take damage is the real one, since he's immune to everything but Starlight. Then reload the save and dont use the Geosphere. Thing is, since I found out that the "boss" to cancel the reinforcements is actually Gharnef, it's somewhat advantageous to have him spawn bottom right since you can kill him early and not have to deal with any reinforcements.

4g3aJtM.png

Marth doesn't have anything good to hit...I regret forging him another rapier. Oh well. He can go loot chests instead.

F1cz80v.png

Oh yeah, the real one is the only one who actually drops Falchion.

tH5P8zF.png06rfEjT.png06rfEjT.png

Annnd...

V4uzBCZ.pngW193DFh.png

Drat. You have to reset the map to actually change which one it is, not just the savepoint.

AJPDC68.png

Couple of tries and saves later we have a bottom right Gharnef.

Ip4VR7i.png2hBMkP1.png

Lena practically tinks the swarms on this map without even a pure water/barrier use, so misses don't even really matter.

fqhCcZQ.pngQUxrAH2.png

You go girl. Merric barriers her afterwards since the Thoron mages/bishops in the back are kinda lame. Lena also has like a zillion luck so she's not at risk of getting critblicked by those guys either with Thoron's innate crit.

PnblVGS.pngR0fwhtY.png

I'll take it. Merric is blocked off here so he's fine.

2ST1j7a.png

As for the Swarm Bishop...

rRt65YF.pngy1imZZJ.pngMCV0XmG.png

Convenient right? :V

ydauesG.png

Catria kills a thief with some chip, Cain bonks a Curate. He needs to build his sword rank just a bit, a few more attacks will make him at B rank as a Swordmaster, so I can use 1 arms scroll to get him to Mercurius, whilst the other 2 go to Catria as a Sniper with Parthia.

yIkcDf9.png

Tradeswap to Javelin because there's an asshole Brave Bow Sniper...(luck + support combo means they're both safe from random crit)

5pzHw79.png8DB7YCl.png

Fuck yeah Lena :D

SV4JeQZ.png

Fuck no Lena D:

EJsT8YE.png

Oops, didn't react. Abel crit the Sniper.

sGXA7s0.png

Lena now goes to stand in Gharnef's range with starlight. Should be an easy 2rko.

UXpxw9V.png

Ehhhh...

A7AuO1a.png

I'll be ramming all my Pallies up through here next turn.

gKT9xdr.png

Meanwhile Marth has been busy opening doors and chests and shit.

iosBSak.pngROZQFaw.pngPatvWeF.png

H5 Gharnef.

55FJxyP.png

Oh crap, I forgot about this asshole.

TYelS9a.pngLnoJeD1.pngRSSPwa8.png

Well shoot, I can't 2rko anymore. That means I have to get Merric to help. Unfortunately Merric is doubled as well and takes significantly more damage than a boosted Lena, so really I didn't have much of a choice but to chip with Lena then let Merric take the kill. (sorry poll people!)

89AR8OP.png

I also remembered around this point that you can use Gradivus to fully heal, although I have 2 physic staff candidates in Merric and Lena anyway, so I figured trying to get all the damage onto one target makes more sense...so Shiida didn't use a Pure Water. Her avo is good so she might actually dodge but the AI "should" prioritise her due to expected damage output.

jkUbl3g.png

Class B people can't afford to move up :(

toO4J2P.png

Yay

LZzRSCr.png

Boo

OcnzGPR.png

Trolled softly :(

1xGTwwa.pngFRTTaXU.png

Throw Ballistae at that guy until he got hit so I could get rid of him with Merric.

EflQpC7.pngUW4p2UO.png

And Lena Physic'd Abel. (for every empty level I get a good one...can't argue)

jIOFNCA.png

Didn't heal her but with Pure water she'll survive 2x Swarms anyway.

gOORMHL.png

Also realised that having class b's isn't that bad since it'll bait the south swarmer off the Pallies and both Barst and Sedgar can take a hit.

2ZPEdQy.pngeczjKxl.png

Okay now we're close enough to start attacking.

ENShJyO.pngqm63aRC.pngczvDiYA.png

First up, kill this dude on a savepoint because annoyingly, Gharnef is in range if I go to kill one of the bishops, so this may take some rigging to survive...

kxD34JL.pngVKsEAig.pngiaCxoEL.png

Second swarmer goes down, I Physic Shiida, she kills the Brave Bow Sniper. Now Cain needs to somehow survive Gharnef and the Brave Sword Hero...

APpiStv.pngdWetOr6.png

So far so good...

dsrgHYd.png11tdeml.png

Yeaaaaaaah

3vMTgnQ.png

Nooo

12iUgGE.png

Well we have a savepoint so lets try something a bit more strategical.

Q05qDv8.png

This time I have Cain kill the Swarmer using a Javelin from range, giving him an avo support bonus from Abel and having a WTA over the Hero.

TFnRqmr.png

Dodged Gharnef this time so I'm fine even if the Hero hits twice.

5TsYExj.png

Another empty level up :(

zefcyt8.png

Ehhh...

5IFSCKm.png

Killed fake Gharnef and the hero with Cain Abel and Catria, kill the last swarmer with Shiida.

BSM1EGq.pngu9yKhRG.png

God dammit Cain. Had to let Caeda Gravidus the boss.

KoVqOCz.pngVS8TYRj.png

Kinda makes up for it!

uNP3mQe.png

Marth takes forever to run over and I seize on turn 13 (the tile above the seize tile is a secret shop but it sells fucking master seals, how the hell do you need more of those by now)

B7tkOSa.pngn6eIEga.pngHNuPfNI.png

gUkecOC.pngvLwpTpC.png34dqXdG.png

What an imaginative name to place a staff that ressurects the dead...>_>

3ZXCbC0.pngqeB1OuT.pngwOaK2Ui.png

YSFoUJb.pngFOgbfts.pngeW90EFd.png

I didn't let anyone die because I'm not a scrub, sorry Elice.

PS: Next chapter

7a9Auvv.png

Rage. Must be 1 more attack off...

Chapter 23 turns - 13

Total turncount - 350

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
17.89 33 15 12 17 19 12 01 B SWORD

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/13.68 40 18 22 25 25 13 06 A LANCE E SWORD - Robe, Drop

CAIN PALADIN
15/07.10 39 21 21 24 13 13 06 B LANCE D SWORD - Drop, 2x Wing

ABEL PALADIN 15/05.19 35 19 20 21 07 11 06 B LANCE D SWORD - Drop, Wing

BARST HERO 15/04.39 40 19 23 22 12 15 03 B AXE D SWORD - Shield

CASTOR HORSEMAN 15/02.15

CATRIA PALADIN 15/06.28 39 21 21 25 15 15 07 B LANCE E SWORD - 2x Drop, Wing

SEDGAR HERO ??/12.41 41 16 20 21 07 18 02 D AXE D SWORD (B BOW C LANCE)

LENA SAGE 20/08.11 27 23 15 16 22 05 20 B TOME A STAFF - 3x Dust, Scroll

MERRIC SAGE 20/05.49 39 19 19 17 15 06 15 B TOME B STAFF
- 2x Dust

TIKI MANAKETE 05.50 22 16 14 12 16 20 21 ??

BECK BALLISTICIAN 07.70 23 08 06 05 07 16 00 ??

JAKE BALLISTICIAN 07.57 23 07 06 04 06 15 00 ??

Ahhhhh...I'm so tempted to use Warp to kill the boss quick on the next map to avoid reinforcements. I'm going to try without it though.

Edited by Irysa

You can also just use Tiki and a Dragonpike Shiida to finish the boss early. You're now almost done with the game! Early congrats.

Are you planning to play it's sequel next? Or are you gonna finish Sword of Seals?

Killing the boss is not the problem, it's just tempting to warp tiki there to kill him easily instead of actually going through all the enemies first, otherwise a lot of people have to treck over a mountain (only one Iotes shield!). I'm sure it's doable though, I just had a quick look at the map earlier and went to play some other stuff. Probably finish tomorrow.

As for the next game, I definitely want to play FE12 (in fact, it's one of the reasons I started playing this since my friend wouldn't stop raving about how good 12 was), but I dunno if I'll do a playlog for it. It still might be fun I guess, but I'll work on the FE6 thing as a priority afterwards most likely, I'm relatively near the end on that too. (once I get Niime the game is sort of over regardless of the rest of my team really)

I've heard lunatic mode for fe12 is actually a lot harder than FE11 H5 in this because less crutches like lolinvinciblesedgar and lolwinspear obliterating all the bosses, and others say that mixed class sets (which you need the beat the game for first) are sort of important? (then again, I hear MU is broken...). I also definitely wouldn't want to be using stuff like rainbow potion or base stat boosters, those sound kinda lame for casual play.

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=Chapter 24]KxYT11M.png

This chapter wasn't too bad either. Initially I was tempted to use warp to quickly kill the boss to prevent reinforcements, but really, you can kill the boss in ample time without needing to.

fEatlzc.png

Speaking of the boss, like the last dragons we saw (can't even remember how long ago that was), he breaks his caps, so he has 24 speed (note the avd being 24, game doesn't calculate terrain before displaying on the stats page for w/e reason)

y0wipAq.pngpDJFw5d.png

Same deal for the other dragons on this map, 26 and 24 respectively.

qNWxeSi.pngZI1ddF4.png

Aum staff is alllll the way down here. But if you dont kill that thief on like turn 1 or 2 with ballista, he's bound to get there first, so make it a priority.

By0czrP.png

Anyway the crux of this strategy basically revolves around this little gap here in the peaks. You only move through here, which basically makes it a prime chokepoint to kill some enemies before moving to kill the boss with a flying unit.

7Skwb2s.pngmWDwMmV.pngSEb0YRN.png

I sold a ton of junk. Not EVERYTHING but close to everything. I can afford to forge this +10 mt Wyrmslayer for Cain now, who has been reclassed to Swordmaster, and still have enough money left over to buy everything at the secret shop on this map. He also ate a Dracoshield.

8RR1HHf.png

Although if you don't have as much money as me somehow, or don't want to sell things, Tiki makes a fine candidate by herself for this strat since the only initially moving Dragons are magic based, who really don't hurt her much at all.

1hMqOuo.png

Anyway, enough babbling, lets go.

zgcIFQs.pnggwxsmiR.pngxaotDRz.png

It does take a couple of resets to KO the thief but he goes down well enough to Pachyderm and my Arrowspate forge. I move units around the chokepoint but nothing else this turn.

xLbxJ7d.pngsTHfuMF.png

Shiida stayed a Paladin to double this Brave Bow Sniper with Gradivus. The dragons can't reach her, but she can get this guy out the way easily now. I still don't really do anything on turn 2.

lQGIuCc.png

Despite being on a mountain, Gradivus hit + supports + high skill makes it an easy KO.

SwjXCgd.pngMklXx8A.pngnLpAS2D.png

On turn 3, I dumped Cain here and then Barriered him with Merric. I also shot Pachyderm between my 3 Ballistae to hit the Dragon at least once so that Cain oneshots him (although this is not really important or neccessary since we have a fucking 12 use Hammerne to spam at the end of this map anyway...). Since the damage is so low, it doesn't cause the fortify curates to use their staves.

MEBy5m7.pngxoCOcTG.png

B Swords, one Scroll from Mercurius!

ljikmFi.pngBSqijwi.png

Chipped the other Dragon for the same deal.

neWphlo.pngEgMXwhG.pngMgLbnKU.png

Killed the Thoron Bishop. <3 Shiida. Swapped her to Gradivus because she will pull the other Brave Bow sniper.

ZLSP8cw.pngvOatbBC.png

Tiki with a few str procs oneshots pretty much all the dragons on the map.

oBq7HO2.pngQnZtnxR.png74BXyyZ.png

Gee these enemies sure are threatening.

O7xLdKu.png

Cain really is a monster right now.

7Yw0Ocb.pngQkCGH9z.pngVvi7xeG.png

With that this area is pretty much clean. Which means I can go kill the boss with that Dragonpike I forged ages ago! Although, I'm not actually going to attack this turn, and first I use a save point.

ExtpePF.png

Chipped another Dragon for Cain, except this one didn't start on a mountain so my Arrowspate forge does enough damage and was pretty accurate.

5IvuxTt.pngI6Goxhb.pngzvkbkqp.png

Wow, Catria dodged and crit. <_<

j7Igbxs.pngzG5dZ6q.png

And another shiny green number for Cain...

TMvjDZA.png

Meanwhile I've been running over here other units slaying Dragons with Tiki spearheading the charge.

DPgV072.pngA6MJIRI.png

Ballistician on a mountain without warp, I'm too hax.

HKTVROr.pngLUAlPad.png

Abel and Catria get rid of these jerks...

5vnKSdr.png

And next turn I give Catria a regular Dragonpike to bait a Dragon for Marth.

hjYAs20.pngkaMb7JW.png

Meh.

U2wlLfF.pngnfLS5M3.pngxn6R3My.png

All Marth str at this point is just less dmg I need to chip Medeus with so he can get a KO <_<

WOzWgwo.png

This guy was nice enough to start moving towards Tiki after killing that Mage Dragon, so I don't even have to take a hit!

bftivhd.pngiRdZahp.png

I bought everything and have exactly 18 g left over. Booya.

RO00NVz.pngE6nXNCY.png

At this point I start chucking uneccessary hand axe chip in a sort of desperate attempt to get Barst to A Axes. I dont think he'll ever make it though :(

HxcBpHg.png

This jerk started moving too but tanky mofo's like Barst and Sedgar don't care.

CXQbUsm.png

This hero is kind of an asshole because he overlaps with the Manakete's so baiting them out is dangerous. And he has a killer axe. :\

zG0c8Yt.png5BrJ0z0.png

Abel killed the sniper. He's been lagging a bit for a while but he's still good.

X1Dhjv5.png

If things go according to plan here, Catria chips the first Dragon on EP for Marth, chips with Javelin on PP then Marth KO's with Falchion, then Cain oneshots the next dragon and should be fine vs the Killer Axe hero. But hey, that's what we have a savepoint for.

EO0mfaS.png8kaFzDb.png61X8oUm.png

A Lances that sadly will never be put to use because she's going sniper for the last map.

j5L72W2.pngIji02Su.png

Marth is dressed to impress today but like I already said, none of this really matters.

yojazln.png

I bet Cain can oneshot all the Manaketes on the last map too with this forge.

ACS5TnW.pngCxcBnjz.png

And this guy isn't a problem on EP either. And with that, the map is clean, the last fortify curate went down to Abel.

9TC0LYP.png

>letting people die in fire emblem

>2013

shiggy diggy

Gz5ujzN.pngyCmvoMF.png

Spammed heal with Merric for a level up and to get him to A staves for recover on the last map as a sage.

zVqFwYq.pngL3ySsbH.png

And now I pretty much just spammed Hammerne with Lena on all my forges and Regalia, and still had 3 uses left over. And yes, you CAN Hammerne Tiki's divinestone in this game.

4jjBCnR.pngzKcFmYP.pngIoO57Wh.png

Bad level good level is just how Lena works.

Y5CWk3T.png

Marth seizes turn 25.

0eTqOQw.png

Bring it on.

Chapter 24 turns - 25

Total turncount - 375

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH LORD
19.59 42 17 13 18 20 15 03 B SWORD - Robe, Talisman, Shield

SHIIDA PALADIN
11/14.55 40 19 23 25 25 14 06 A LANCE E SWORD - Robe, Drop

CAIN SWORDMASTER
15/10.21 42 21 29 30 15 15 05 A SWORD (B LANCE) - Drop, 2x Wing, 2x Shield, Talisman, Scroll

ABEL DRACOKNIGHT 15/06.34 41 21 21 22 07 15 05 B LANCE E AXE (D SWORD) - Robe, Drop, 2x Wing, Shield, Talisman

BARST HERO 15/04.73 40 19 23 22 12 15 03 B AXE D SWORD - Shield

CASTOR HORSEMAN 15/02.15

CATRIA SNIPER 15/07.70 42 22 25 27 16 14 06 A BOW (A LANCE) - 2x Drop, Wing, Talisman, 2x Scroll

SEDGAR WARRIOR ??/12.41 46 18 15 22 09 17 02 D AXE B BOW (C LANCE) - 2x Wing, Book, Talisman, Icon

LENA SAGE 20/10.43 34 24 16 16 24 05 21 B TOME A STAFF - 3x Dust, Scroll, Robe

MERRIC SAGE 20/06.07 40 19 20 18 15 07 15 B TOME A STAFF
- 2x Dust

TIKI MANAKETE 08.96 31 18 16 14 18 21 21 ?? - Robe

BECK BALLISTICIAN 08.09 23 08 06 05 07 16 00 ??

JAKE BALLISTICIAN 08.91 23 08 06 04 06 15 00 ??

Edited by Irysa

I gave 2 to Catria for her usage of Parthia as a Sniper, and 1 to Cain for Mercurius as a Swordmaster. I have actually just beaten Endgame, am doing a writeup now!

Edited by Irysa

Killing the boss is not the problem, it's just tempting to warp tiki there to kill him easily instead of actually going through all the enemies first, otherwise a lot of people have to treck over a mountain (only one Iotes shield!). I'm sure it's doable though, I just had a quick look at the map earlier and went to play some other stuff. Probably finish tomorrow.

As for the next game, I definitely want to play FE12 (in fact, it's one of the reasons I started playing this since my friend wouldn't stop raving about how good 12 was), but I dunno if I'll do a playlog for it. It still might be fun I guess, but I'll work on the FE6 thing as a priority afterwards most likely, I'm relatively near the end on that too. (once I get Niime the game is sort of over regardless of the rest of my team really)

I've heard lunatic mode for fe12 is actually a lot harder than FE11 H5 in this because less crutches like lolinvinciblesedgar and lolwinspear obliterating all the bosses, and others say that mixed class sets (which you need the beat the game for first) are sort of important? (then again, I hear MU is broken...). I also definitely wouldn't want to be using stuff like rainbow potion or base stat boosters, those sound kinda lame for casual play.

It's a great game, it's my favorite :P. It's a lot harder because of various reasons. The Rainbow Potion and stat boosters are super cool in casual play imo and i personally love them for LTC, as they enable crazy strats to happen and I like distributing stat boosters. The stat boosters are perfectly fine, since they cost a lot, from a rather limited money pool and helps a lot of characters fulfill stuff they wouldn't be able to do in Lunatic. Like, for example, a Seraph Robe makes Linde viable. And an early Speedwing makes Ryan viable, etc. The Rainbow Potion is very powerful, but I personally like it a lot. I'm probably the only one.

Check the last post for unit stats before I went into this, I have used all my statboosters/scrolls etc.

[spoiler=ENDGAME]

WZvtuWJ.png

This chapter...this took a while. Between the doors locking themselves in, and enemy reinforcements, and the ridiculous power of forged enemy braves, I had to reconsider my strat a few times. Moving up too far means you get owned, but if you go too slow you get locked in or get bogged down in reinforcements. I ended up actually taking a break and then remembered I'm a dumbass and forgot about the Geosphere/Fortify trick that I actually posulated on way back when I got the damn thing. This greatly simplifies the chapter in many ways.

I must admit, I'm actually tempted to go back and try it without any Geosphere use, but not right now <_<

lSGji5q.pngM3SiC7P.png4VmFtig.png

I wonder why Medeus was even called the Dark Dragon anyway, he's like, totally brown. I mean yeah he's an Earth Dragon...but...

ioepVFo.png

I feel kind of cheap doing this, but oh well...

KBrCz64.png

After a Geosphere use, I get Gotoh to Fortify. Then Tiki to Geosphere. Etc with Lena, Merric and Minerva. This kills off the enemy healers and puts every enemy on the map (except Medeus) into KO range. See why I'm feeling its cheap? >_>

9y7b32I.pngS2yIuMJ.png

However...the number one thing this does is it lets you kill both Ballista on turn 1 with Jake and Beck Thunderbolt. 2x 10 range 42-45 attack is just not fun to deal with, especially since YOUR ballistae are the prime targets to get fucked by these guys if you don't kill them immediately.

QISQUwq.pngtSt3Ax8.pngpckvhS1.png

Cain kills this Manakete then Abel kills the hero.

v26F8my.png

On the other side of the map I ran into some issues because of the general clumped up nature of the enemies. Trying to move out to kill all 3 enemies in that room on turn 1 is doable but you'll pull a dragon, a paladin AND a hero, who all die in one hit, so you're exposed to all of them for sure, basically making it a death sentence. I holed up back here to pull the Dracoknight first.

WhqbwDR.png

Fail cap, but Cain with that extra Dracoshield manages to avoid being one rounded by this Paladin on turn 1, and KO's back.

dZL7FVd.pngp6FXDhe.png

Sedgar pulls previously mentioned Paladin and KO's with silver bow, whilst Shiida kills the Draco.

zsvsolh.png

Been saving these babies all game.

CUQwGTq.pngL9zDS0e.pngeYO77kc.pngQaeI5j5.png

I get Sedgar to convoy for a Door Key. Gotoh Swarms this Paladin and then Beck KO's it whilst staying out of range of the General. Jake then kills the 2 hp bishop with stonehoist.

xLVv000.pngQFV0zHr.pngPAMGliB.png

Merric takes care of this General, Catria gets the other 2 hp bishop, and Shiida kills the dragon.

YciVgQL.png7tmdVwF.png

On EP, Cain kills the other Dragon, and Barst kills the General.

cL0FQP3.png

Merric is now locked in but it's no big deal since I can still spam Physic and Fortify from here which is really all I need.

yRFCQER.pngupnZH8M.png

Blick some Dracos with more Ballista...

OSOB5PF.pngBzi0wrJ.png

Then get Barst and Abel to kill the Pallies. Barst is once again in range of a General that he will KO on EP. Abel stays back here beacuse I need him to block those stairs nearby. Very nasty reinforcements come out of there, Dragon and a Ballista. Lena will block the other one until Minerva gets in range to sit on it for her. Castor is also sitting on a set of stairs on the other side of the map.

umJmlFD.png

EP KO...

O9lrDxa.png

I chipped this guy last turn but now Gotoh gets rid of one of the snipers.

dENQ8s3.pngwWVfWBF.png

Hey look, Marth is being useful!

UnNS4JO.png

And that's the other sniper down. I haven't been saying exactly all the physic/fortify use going on but since its the last map I'm being pretty damn liberal about using them.

rjoudNH.png

A Dragon and a Hero spawned on the two stairs, Cain can easily handle them though, but more pressing is killing Medeus safely and blocking those up...

mmSyZSA.png

Annnd there are reinforcements from the south starting from turn 5. I left Sedgar to block the chokepoint door. General!Sedgar would have done this better but I needed him to have better mov in order to bait the Javelin Paladin on turn 1.

Zfq4Le1.png1Bwjk5r.png

Hero dies on EP, Dragon dies on PP. I had to chip the dragon first though, apparently even +10 Wyrmslayer isn't enough to OHKO them here.

S82a5mM.pngFv8jKqV.png

I warp Barst to block the Dragon's spawn stair. This is the choke I left Sedgar at.

DTyYLEq.png

Hey, Barst hit A axes, guess I was wrong!

GD9ZgFU.png

Warped Beck to block the other stair. Everything but the bottom fort reinforcements is blocked now, and Sedgar is fine choking the point south, so they'll never reach me.

FzpSqHu.png

Medeus is pretty terrifying in stats but since I'm prepared with 2 units who are over 26 speed and have enough HP, Def, And Luck, he can't kill Catria or Cain. Although if you're in any class but Horseman, Berserker, Sniper, Swordmaster or potentially maxed out Tiki (lol), you can't get over 26 speed. Marth's speed cap is 25 meaing he is doubled and KO'd. Shit outta luck.

HVUFady.pngwUIv0VY.pngAmBAc3h.png

Ouch. His hitrate is kinda bad though.

ORA8Iyn.png

Which can lead to cool dodges like this :D

8drmIA2.png

Used Recover on Catria. Could have double fortified with Merric instead.

ObMb9QB.png

Medeus missed again, hah. Who said you couldn't dodge in DSFE?

MTlg7hM.png

He's actually low eough now for Marth to KO!

Nh9XkGV.png

Pop the save first though...

a54EClF.pngm8bxqV6.pngimxhDtP.png

CANON END

This took 9 turns which I forgot to cap beacuse lol no seize but you'll see it in the end chapter turns listing on my next post

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=WRAPUP / SPAGHETTI]

6128eAY.png06dRiCW.pngAlK8r7b.png

8u21SSe.pngfl0nySo.png0VE1ZjF.png

YA BLEW IT

g9vcjXm.png

TELL HIM HE BLEW IT

VShoAnE.pngHC0GLqM.png

MAYBE YOU CAN UN BLOW IT

rCsetg2.pngqktEgNi.pngRjo8VsX.png

UhsPkjT.png3IXfsoW.pnglPh9Os5.pngGqpnN0X.png

I think its the other way around Marth, you were giving her support bonuses.

lCtppC6.pngOvZz61W.png0wW3iTW.png

Prince of Spaghetti.

XJJSicX.png

9 turns like I said.

Endgame turns - 9

Total turncount - 384

[spoiler=UNIT ANALYSIS]

wBtagIA.png

Got babied the whole game, but forged rapier was actually quite useful here and there so I give him a C.

ruFKDbb.png

S rank.

Do I have to even say anything? Her start is a little slow, but once she got going...took like no boosters and was still carrying the team in lategame.

1dNoHrf.png

A rank for being super useful early game.

uUgXbEs.png

Ate a shitload of boosters and stuff. B for being good the whole game, but his lategame power could have been like, anyone if you throw that many boosters and OP forges on them.

QRFERUx.png

Lagged behind the group a bit near the end but was still solid all game. B.

NX4iTZU.png

Immensely useful earlygame, had no real use for him mid and late. B.

UxxzpfV.png

Decent early, but never quite smashed as hard as I expected he would. B.

mXPippo.png

Didn't have space for the dude and was always in Barst's shadow. C.

8t34sDR.png

Was useful here and there but really didn't do anything that important ever. Also never doubled. C.

WjWAOg0.png

B because he didn't get doubled by some otherwise annoying enemies on some maps, and training him a little meant I didn't die to surprise sniper/hunter doors. (fuck those.)

S9x8iug.png

A for being the best magic user on my team and having utility the whole game.

yFBnlmR.png

Merric may not have contributed as much as Lena, but he still deserves A for staff utilty in lategame and Excalablicking throughout.

hjYbqNi.png

A. Carried my scrubby ass the entire early/midgame, tapered off a lot in lategame but was useful here and there. If he could reclass to Pally or Draco he'd smash so hard...

z6RuWpG.png

SHE DID SHOPPING AND CHIPPED SOMETIMES. A. (she's also hot.)

E3bqSaL.png1DedUvC.png

A to both for being irreplacable in various circumstances, movable ballista own.

Ldc7fli.png

Turned out really well with some boosters. Didn't even need that much babying to catch up. Made big plays. Ehhhh...I'll give you an A. (still not Shiida tier)

lwankQR.png

Remarkably less useful than I thought but still irreplacable nonetheless. Having 3 Ballista was really helpful at times.

ghp2uj0.png

Oneshot Dragons. C.

9uTsUMb.png

Spammed Swarm and Staves, and was really helpful in the last chapter. B.

QWe7djQ.png

Thats all folks!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Irysa