I came across this article the other day http://level5ia.com/news/level-5-international-america-recaps-the-level5-vision-2013-line-up/, and it looks like we might be getting another Layton game. :)

Not much is known it about other than that you play as various characters (like a taxi driver or even a dog). I wonder if Professor Layton himself will be in it?

I'm also hoping Wonder Flick gets localized.

I think Level-5 has said that they're done with the Layton character. There is some screenshots and footage here (TinyCartridge). The characters are freakishly huge in the environments for some reason which kind of mires what I think is an otherwise decent artstyle, but people are already raging about it. Especially since it's a mobile game.

I'm indifferent about the game itself, but they could have chosen a better and totally less misleading name.

I mean, every good Layton fan must know the next Professor Layton game--if there will be one--will be the 7th game.

I just watched some of the gameplay. Wow, that does look...different.

I think Level-5 has said that they're done with the Layton character.

That is what I've heard as well, but when I saw the title Layton 7, I was hoping they changed their mind. Maybe it will have Layton's son like in Layton Brothers? Either way, the title does seem misleading.

Uh...why call it Layton 7? They're depreciating the value of their own franchise by doing this.

I never had enough money to really become a fan of Layton (way back when, it was Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, fittingly, and I chose the Ace Attorney series), but I downloaded the first one onto my flashcard and it was amazing. Played a quarter of the game before I deleted because I felt guilty haha.

Note: It was PL vs AA because I had downloaded both of them, to demo them out, but because of money issues, I decided I could only become a series follower of one of them. Ended up being able to find every AA title for like $20 (per game) at the most.