CHROM AND OLIVIA IS CANON

Meteor

Think about it

* Sumia in the opening scene -- might seem like a nod to the pairing, but actually is the reason the future collapses. Lucina comes back from the future to make sure her father marries another woman. This is why the game is not completable if Chrom marries Sumia.

* Similarly the Lovebirds cutscene shows Chrom heading down this dark path, a reminder that the past has not yet diverted from its natural course.

* The other women (Sully & Maribelle) are simply there so players don't always have to make the "right" choice (which is Olivia).

However you may have noticed that only explains why the others are the wrong choice, and not why Olivia is right. Very observant. I'm getting to that.

* Lucina defeated Lon'qu (thanks to knowing him from the future) so that she could throw the fight in the Feroxi arena. If she hadn't done this, Chrom would have lost the battle and not gained support from the Khans. WHO CONVENIENTLY ARE THE REASON OLIVIA JOINS.

* Olivia does not need to have any support conversations with Chrom to marry him. Thanks IS for forcing this pairing down my throat! Lucina, being a daddy's girl, knew knew all too well that Chrom would fall for her instantly, which is why she needed them to meet.

* Olivia and Inigo both wield swords. Chrom and Lucina also conveniently wield swords. incredible coincidence or family trait???

* Inigo looks fabulous in blue hair, just like in his official artwork.

* Lucina's support conversation with her mother is on the topic of dresses. Only Olivia wears dresses, so it's pretty safe to say this was written with her intended as the mother.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone post "CHROM AND OLIVIA IS CANON" in a thread... I will totally proceed to post very vocal disagreement in said thread.

*Insert vocal disagreement here*

...what? I didn't say that I was going to proxy it with that.

*Insert vocal disagreement here*

Your disagreement is noted, but the overwhelming evidence > your opinion

ChromxAvatar is canon

The Avatar is an illusion, Chrom's invisible friend. You can't marry your invisible friend, bro. Edited by Meteor

Meteor, I think you just won.

All non ChromxOlivia shippers are now to be shunned from the community.

I thought this would be a trolly topic but damn you make some good points here....

I would never joke about the sanctity of canon

All non ChromxOlivia shippers are now to be shunned from the community.

I would never joke about the sanctity of canon

Dammit, now I need to change my pairings. Oh, well, I was thinking about it anyway.

Wait, how can Chrom x Olivia be canon if Virion x Olivia is canon? Olivia is now the prostitute if the army.

* Lucina's support conversation with her mother is on the topic of dresses. Only Olivia wears dresses, so it's pretty safe to say this was written with her intended as the mother.

I thought his official art was with grey/silver hair?

I thought Olivia wore a weird leotard thing to show off her awesome behind?

Think about it

* Sumia in the opening scene -- might seem like a nod to the pairing, but actually is the reason the future collapses. Lucina comes back from the future to make sure her father marries another woman. This is why the game is not completable if Chrom marries Sumia.

* Similarly the Lovebirds cutscene shows Chrom heading down this dark path, a reminder that the past has not yet diverted from its natural course.

* The other women (Sully & Maribelle) are simply there so players don't always have to make the "right" choice (which is Olivia).

However you may have noticed that only explains why the others are the wrong choice, and not why Olivia is right. Very observant. I'm getting to that.

* Lucina defeated Lon'qu (thanks to knowing him from the future) so that she could throw the fight in the Feroxi arena. If she hadn't done this, Chrom would have lost the battle and not gained support from the Khans. WHO CONVENIENTLY ARE THE REASON OLIVIA JOINS.

* Olivia does not need to have any support conversations with Chrom to marry him. Thanks IS for forcing this pairing down my throat! Lucina, being a daddy's girl, knew knew all too well that Chrom would fall for her instantly, which is why she needed them to meet.

* Olivia and Inigo both wield swords. Chrom and Lucina also conveniently wield swords. incredible coincidence or family trait???

To help you out, it's also pretty clear that the canon avatar in the intro and such is male. Thus it can't be Chrom X Avatar as the parents of Lucina.

I prefer Chrom and Sumia, but this is a very good argument.

I thought his official art was with grey/silver hair?

I thought Olivia wore a weird leotard thing to show off her awesome behind?

You probably thought you could beat the game if Chrom and Sumia got married, too. Don't worry, we all make mistakes.

I come expecting terrible logic

And then I realized this isn't gamefaqs

That's definitely true. At least SasukeEX isn't writing this, thankfully.

(But then again, Chrom/Olivia isn't one of his favorite pairs.)