CHROM AND OLIVIA IS CANON

Meteor

And by "taking it seriously", I mean posting like there is actually substance in the first post and THEN pass it off as a joke.

I count at least three so far.

Well, given the proof with Inigo, I now think that Olivia is canon. But I definitely do not care a single bit, in the end.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most insidious lies, are the ones that we tell ourselves.

ilu

[spoiler=amidoinitrite?]

Also FEMUXWalhart is totes canon:

Morgan has amnesia, if you ever watch bad soaps, you'll know that only happens after a traumatic event happens,like your wife and your sister having an affair with your best friend, Barry, at your wedding as the Eastender's theme starts playing.

Having a mother who is really a dark god, and a father who's a zombie sounds pretty traumatic to me. Like right off Emmerdale or some shit.

This pair also means Morgan has to be a boy, which anybody who ever went through being 7 years old would know that it's canon, because girls are icky and probably have cooties or something.

Edited by Mikethfc

You know, I could make a sound sounding argument that Takeru/Lucina is canon that's just as easily undermined as a lot of those points.

And Takecina is crossover crack. (That also happens to have an H-doujin. (Yay, I'm not the only one who thought of/likes that?!))

No, just no.

Think about it

* Sumia in the opening scene -- might seem like a nod to the pairing, but actually is the reason the future collapses. Lucina comes back from the future to make sure her father marries another woman. This is why the game is not completable if Chrom marries Sumia.

How is it not completable if Chrom marries Sumia?

And Lucina doesn't affect his choice in any way.

* Lucina defeated Lon'qu (thanks to knowing him from the future) so that she could throw the fight in the Feroxi arena. If she hadn't done this, Chrom would have lost the battle and not gained support from the Khans. WHO CONVENIENTLY ARE THE REASON OLIVIA JOINS.

Who said that in original future Chrom didn't defeat Lon'qu? If Lucina beat Lon'qu and Chrom beat Lucina, then Chrom surely would've defeated Lon'qu.

* Olivia and Inigo both wield swords. Chrom and Lucina also conveniently wield swords. incredible coincidence or family trait???

Severa wields swords too! She's also Chrom's canon daughter! OMGWTFBBQ!!11!1eleven!

* Inigo looks fabulous in blue hair, just like in his official artwork.

This official artwork?

Oh yeah, just look at all that blue hair!

* Lucina's support conversation with her mother is on the topic of dresses. Only Olivia wears dresses, so it's pretty safe to say this was written with her intended as the mother.

This is even less of a dress than Sumia's outfit which includes a short skirt.

Note sure if trolling or stupid.

I just realized something, this isn't in Far from the Forest... THAT's why people are taking this seriously.

I don't like what you're implying, sir. I can read between the lines; I know you're trying to discredit all my work which just so happens to be incompatible with your favored pairing (gasp!). But sorry, this is a thread for discussing CANON, not shipping.

No, just no.

I've already addressed some of your points in later replies.

> Who said that in original future Chrom didn't defeat Lon'qu? If Lucina beat Lon'qu and Chrom beat Lucina, then Chrom surely would've defeated Lon'qu.

It is heavily implied that Chrom would have lost the battle. And using your logic, we can prove that Lucina must have thrown the match. Clearly she had a hand in the whole thing.

> Severa wields swords too! She's also Chrom's canon daughter! OMGWTFBBQ!!11!1eleven!

Chrom can't marry Cordelia, so that clearly is not canon. duh

> This official artwork?

Oh yeah, just look at all that blue hair!

Preeeetty *convenient* how Chrom also has blue hair, wouldn't you say?

> This is even less of a dress than Sumia's outfit which includes a short skirt.

I take it you are not a man of passion fashion. It's the only explanation for how one couldn't see that is a dress. And you said it yourself, Sumia wears a skirt.

> Note sure if trolling or stupid.

Ad hominem attacks will get you nowhere.

Edited by Meteor

Think about it

* Sumia in the opening scene -- might seem like a nod to the pairing, but actually is the reason the future collapses. Lucina comes back from the future to make sure her father marries another woman. This is why the game is not completable if Chrom marries Sumia.

* Similarly the Lovebirds cutscene shows Chrom heading down this dark path, a reminder that the past has not yet diverted from its natural course.

* The other women (Sully & Maribelle) are simply there so players don't always have to make the "right" choice (which is Olivia).

However you may have noticed that only explains why the others are the wrong choice, and not why Olivia is right. Very observant. I'm getting to that.

* Lucina defeated Lon'qu (thanks to knowing him from the future) so that she could throw the fight in the Feroxi arena. If she hadn't done this, Chrom would have lost the battle and not gained support from the Khans. WHO CONVENIENTLY ARE THE REASON OLIVIA JOINS.

* Olivia does not need to have any support conversations with Chrom to marry him. Thanks IS for forcing this pairing down my throat! Lucina, being a daddy's girl, knew knew all too well that Chrom would fall for her instantly, which is why she needed them to meet.

* Olivia and Inigo both wield swords. Chrom and Lucina also conveniently wield swords. incredible coincidence or family trait???

* Lucina's support conversation with her mother is on the topic of dresses. Only Olivia wears dresses, so it's pretty safe to say this was written with her intended as the mother.

Ok, first of all. There will be lots of grammar errors, english is not my first language, so.. and second, what I'm about to say it's my opinion and I don't tend to offend or change others opinions.
- Well, when you come back from the past, everything you do, can change the future, that's why she appear herself with another name and a mask and pretending to be a man, right?. I don't remember Lucina saying anything about it, I mean, to make sure Chrom marries another woman.
* Similarly the Lovebirds cutscene shows Chrom heading down this dark path, a reminder that the past has not yet diverted from its natural course.
- I can't argue with this. But could be with anyone.
* The other women (Sully & Maribelle) are simply there so players don't always have to make the "right" choice (which is Olivia).
- I think that the sole reason that they exist as choices proves that there really is no cannon in this game (Chrom's marriage). I mean, one thing is only cannon when actually happens and theres no way you could change (as a player, reader). Take novels and books as example: If someone writes a romance, and the guy marries the girl at the end, it's the canon ending, no matter if the readers like other girls from the book, or whatever. The canon is what the creator says what it is, if you have choices, everything is headcannon, no matter of the argument.
- And is conveniently the reason why Lon'qu joins, too. So he should marry Lon'qu? xD I think this pretty vague, as you get a big game over screen with you lose this battle, leaving no openings no continue the game and see what happen.
* Olivia does not need to have any support conversations with Chrom to marry him. Thanks IS for forcing this pairing down my throat! Lucina, being a daddy's girl, knew knew all too well that Chrom would fall for her instantly, which is why she needed them to meet.
- That's a boomer, I would be more convinced if they had actuall conversation. I mean, take the FeMUxChrom pairing conversations: Chrom is so dorky and dumb that he wouldn't have the guts to marry any girl right in.
- Lucina can wield a lance and Inigo I think he can too.
- I can't argue with that, too. Inigo is just awesome in blue hair.
- I think only Sully in the WHOLE GAME wouldn't talk about dresses, every other girl would do.

((Perfect Sazuke imitation, Meteor. 10/10))

It's actually not a good one, since he actually explained his reasoning instead of making idle threats for no reason.

What he said.

*Actually deconstructing the first post*

...come on people. It's like you purposely take the bait.

Also, I'm supposedly confused why SazukeEX and Westbrick hate me over there at GameFAQs, even though I've never even exchanged words with Westbrick, and only blocked Sazuke on Youtube because he kept spamming my Sumia videos. The latter is HARDLY something to hold a grudge over.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What he said.

...come on people. It's like you purposely take the bait.

Also, I'm supposedly confused why SazukeEX and Westbrick hate me over there at GameFAQs, even though I've never even exchanged words with Westbrick, and only blocked Sazuke on Youtube because he kept spamming my Sumia videos. The latter is HARDLY something to hold a grudge over.

Because people hold grudges over the stupidest things, and some seem to thoroughly enjoy crafting their opinions on someone from what others say, without ever having actually spoken to the person themselves. >.>

And by "taking it seriously", I mean posting like there is actually substance in the first post and THEN pass it off as a joke.

I count at least three so far.

Am I one of those 3? I posted that the 'game being unable to be beat' was the only issue, which meant that the other reasons (namely the next 2, the sword one, and the dress one) had to totally be correct and flawless.

I'd like to point out that out of all of Lucina's possible siblings, Inigo is the ONLY one who has the Brand of The Exalt. There's a point for ya

Only Inigo does (or rather, he's the only one that actually says he does). It's in his right eye and he says it in his paralogue when recruited by Chrom

To to further add on to my point (that only Phoenix seems to have noticed), He also admits to Chrom that he cannot wield Falchion in Future Past 2. Need I say more?

This is the only bit of evidence that can actually prove Chrom/Olivia to be canon (Not like I even care)

To to further add on to my point (that only Phoenix seems to have noticed), He also admits to Chrom that he cannot wield Falchion in Future Past 2. Need I say more?

But doesn't Lucina's sibling support prove that her sibling can wield it? Chrom finds the log chopped perfectly after said sibling "uses" it. xP

But doesn't Lucina's sibling support prove that her sibling can wield it? Chrom finds the log chopped perfectly after said sibling "uses" it. xP

Lol I suppose, but supports are just supports, and I don't think they actually contribute to the story

It's actually not a good one, since he actually explained his reasoning instead of making idle threats for no reason.

Actually it's an exceptionally accurate one.

Sazuke pattern:

Claim A -> Subjective/Circumstantial Evidence -> Gets Refuted because its Subjective/Circumstantial -> Ignores the Rebuttal -> Gets called out for ignoring it -> Flames -> Restates bad evidence -> Gets Refuted again -> Repeat.

Meteor just did a perfect example of a Sazuke type ignoring the rebuttal.

That said, there is very little objective evidence for pairings in FE:A, enough to make some calls, but not enough for everyone.

Edited by Airship Canon

Lol I suppose, but supports are just supports, and I don't think they actually contribute to the story

Considering how much of the characters' backstory is mentioned in supports, I'd say they count for SOMETHING...

Considering how much of the characters' backstory is mentioned in supports, I'd say they count for SOMETHING...

For the character, yes, but I don't think we can say the same about the plot. But that's just my opinion

Edited by Hero-King

For the character, yes, but I don't think we can say the same about the plot. But that's just my opinion

True. But even then, there could be an explanation as to why those two pieces of evidence don't match up...

... Maybe... Lucina could have split the log beforehand. She might have already known her sibling couldn't wield it and didn't want them to be disappointed when they found out otherwise. Maybe the Falchion can only be wielded by one person per generation or something... By the time Chrom entered the tent, the log could have easily fallen apart again.

... That's a stretch if I've ever seen one, but...

True. But even then, there could be an explanation as to why those two pieces of evidence don't match up...

... Maybe... Lucina could have split the log beforehand. She might have already known her sibling couldn't wield it and didn't want them to be disappointed when they found out otherwise. Maybe the Falchion can only be wielded by one person per generation or something... By the time Chrom entered the tent, the log could have easily fallen apart again.

... That's a stretch if I've ever seen one, but...

It's a very possible stretch if I've ever seen one, but with Inigo actually defaulting in swords, he's the only one I see that could possibly be her sibling to actually try to wield it (excluding male morgan)

Edited by Hero-King

It's a very possible stretch if I've ever seen one, but with Inigo actually defaulting in swords, he's the only one I see that could possibly be her sibling to actually try to wield it (excluding male morgan)

Right. Cynthia and Kjelle start out as Lancers and Brady can promote to being an axe-wielder. :\

But what's wrong with deciding to use their mother's weapon instead? Or even a different one all together. A kid will most likely follow one of their parents, but they don't HAVE to. xP

I still support Inigo as Chrom's son, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that Inigo's weapon choice should be used as evidence. Besides that, seeing as Chrom gains lances, Cynthia also wields a weapon that both her parents use.