CHROM AND OLIVIA IS CANON

Meteor

But what's wrong with deciding to use their mother's weapon instead? Or even a different one all together. A kid will most likely follow one of their parents, but they don't HAVE to. xP

I still support Inigo as Chrom's son, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that Inigo's weapon choice should be used as evidence. Besides that, seeing as Chrom gains lances, Cynthia also wields a weapon that both her parents use.

Actually, in Inigo's case, his mother wields only swords and lances... and the lances are wielded in a class that he as a boy can't become. Therefore, when it comes to Olivia's weapons, he's pretty much sword-locked to begin with.

And Kjelle, as well. She starts with a Lance, and I've always seen her mother as the lancer of the two cavaliers. Damn it Sully, why dont' you have the Pegasus Knight tree for Lancefaire?!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this reminds me. I could actually give a decent argument towards FrederickxFemale Avatar possibly being canon, but I know people would just call me biased because I ship it. xP

I'd honestly love to hear a decent argument if you can make one. This isn't an attack, I'm genuinely curious.

Me neither, there isn't really anything going for them. This is true for most pairings in the game though. The only exceptions, really, are the obvious ChromxSumia, ChromxFemale Avatar, Male AvatarxLucina, and to a smaller extent, FrederickxFemale Avatar. I think, anyway. It's really the characters whom can be paired with each other, but still have a role throughout the game, and/or have multiple cutscenes together.

Sumia and Fred have beautifully written supports. Fred's so patient and understanding with Sumia, he knows she tries hard to be useful, even though she keeps messing up. Their S Support is the most sweetest thing ever. Gems include:

Sumia:

Of course I noticed! My plate and weapons have never looked so good... Why, I glittered like a lighthouse on my ride today! ...I actually felt pretty.

Frederick:

You are always beautiful to me, Sumia. In truth, I've eyes for no one else.

Or

Frederick:

You deserve it and more. Were that I could, I would present you with the moon herself.

Sumia:

I don't want the moon, Frederick. I just want you! So yes! Yes and yes and yes again! You've made me the happiest woman alive!

Compared to that, Fred/My Unit is like "i train a lot" "awesome, here, try some meat" "i'm no longer a picky eater, now marry me".

I'd honestly love to hear a decent argument if you can make one. This isn't an attack, I'm genuinely curious.

Sumia and Fred have beautifully written supports. Fred's so patient and understanding with Sumia, he knows she tries hard to be useful, even though she keeps messing up. Their S Support is the most sweetest thing ever. Gems include:

Sumia:

Of course I noticed! My plate and weapons have never looked so good... Why, I glittered like a lighthouse on my ride today! ...I actually felt pretty.

Frederick:

Or

Frederick:

You deserve it and more. Were that I could, I would present you with the moon herself.

Sumia:

I don't want the moon, Frederick. I just want you! So yes! Yes and yes and yes again! You've made me the happiest woman alive!

Compared to that, Fred/My Unit is like "i train a lot" "awesome, here, try some meat" "i'm no longer a picky eater, now marry me".

Doesn't Female!Avatar also mention that the proposal is sorta unromantic and/or weird? In the support itself, I mean. (The confession image and line are pretty sweet though)

Sumia:

Frederick:

Or

Frederick:

Sumia:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES, Faye, I love you. XD

Sumia:

Frederick:

Or

Frederick:

Sumia:

On the contrary, I think Frederick and Sumia have boring as hell written supports. It just shows as you say, that Frederick is patient and Sumia is a stupid hopeless klutz. Things we can already figure out through the main story. And neither character develops in the support. Sumia stays a klutz and Frederick stays his serious, hardworking self.

Also, Whether supports are good or not are merely down to opinion. It's not evidence towards being canon. Chrom and Sumia's supports suck, but they're pushed as "canon."

Anyway, if it was related to the topic, I would provide my argument, but it isn't, so I will not.

Doesn't Female!Avatar also mention that the proposal is sorta unromantic and/or weird? In the support itself, I mean. (The confession image and line are pretty sweet though)

Yes, but she then says that she doesn't care and that she fell in love with Freddy during their first bear meat dinner. She was attracted to him quickly.

Edited by Anacybele

On the contrary, I think Frederick and Sumia have boring as hell written supports. It just shows as you say, that Frederick is patient and Sumia is a stupid hopeless klutz.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Frederick-Sumia support as well, and I think it's those facts that make it especially as sweet haha. Goes to show that despite how hopeless of a klutz Sumia is, there's a guy out there willing to look past that and accept Sumia for who she is; blunders and all! It's a pretty sweer concept xD

Hmm. I don't think any of Sumia's other supports actually do that to be honest. Using her trope and incorporating it into the support...? Though my memory might be failing me.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Frederick-Sumia support as well, and I think it's those facts that make it especially as sweet haha. Goes to show that despite how hopeless of a klutz Sumia is, there's a guy out there willing to look past that and accept Sumia for who she is; blunders and all! It's a pretty sweer concept xD

Hmm. I don't think any of Sumia's other supports actually do that to be honest. Using her trope and incorporating it into the support...? Though my memory might be failing me.

All of Sumia's other potential husbands can look past it too, you know. Because, you know, they can fall in love with her.

Edited by Anacybele

All of Sumia's other potential husbands can look past it too, you know. Because, you know, they can fall in love with her.

What she's trying to say is that, out of all of them, it's the only one that actually tackles the issue with Sumia's clumsiness head-on. Her lack of confidence due to that is actually presented here, and the way Frederick handles it isn't implied, it's actually then. And of course, he handles it well because, well, he's Frederick.

Henry's C support with her does, as does Gaius'... B, I believe?

Yup, Vash got it. We could argue all day about implied things like these, but only Frederick's support explicitly shows that despite being subjected to the adverse effects of Sumia's clumsiness (numerous times might I add), he's able to look past that and love Sumia o u o

@Vash: Yeah, I guess it does. But it felt like the way they added it to those supports was that it was just there for random flavor than anything, vs. her Frederick support at least.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

It's a very possible stretch if I've ever seen one, but with Inigo actually defaulting in swords, he's the only one I see that could possibly be her sibling to actually try to wield it (excluding male morgan)

I think the idea behind the support conversation is that they use the Falchion despite not being able to wield it. Remember, in canon only Chrom can wield his and Lucina can wield her (and also Marth). So whoever wields the sword isn't really using it as like a weapon class they are trying to upgrade. The whole point of the conversation is that they can't wield it. It's very clear that the log was cut by Lucina's sibling, and the impressive thing is that Lucina's sibling could wield it at all.

wow those fred x sumia supports are the cheesiest

Like a three-cheese pizza, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I like the cut of your jib, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

... We have a newsletter? I was so very unaware of this. o.o

Yup, Vash got it. We could argue all day about implied things like these, but only Frederick's support explicitly shows that despite being subjected to the adverse effects of Sumia's clumsiness (numerous times might I add), he's able to look past that and love Sumia o u o

@Vash: Yeah, I guess it does. But it felt like the way they added it to those supports was that it was just there for random flavor than anything, vs. her Frederick support at least.

Agreed. It was far more prominent there in that support and it was pretty nice theme for it, I should think. :)
Edited by Vashiane

Oh God, shots fired. :\

Much like the autumn breeze shatters the yellow leaves, so will the whiners fall before me.

Edited by Lofrof

I still find the support boring and pointless. As I said, all it does is show Frederick's patience and Sumia's annoying stupidity and klutziness and that's it. And those are things we can figure out in the main story. And neither of the two develop at all.

In the case with supports like FrederickxFemale Avatar and FrederickxPanne, for example, Frederick gets over his bear meat problem, Avatar becomes stronger from his training her, and Frederick starts to get over his fear of wild animals. And as Panne always does in her romantic supports, she learns to love a human and that not all humans are bad people.

I can see how the meat thing with FrederickxFemale Avatar can sound silly at first glance, but the reality is that people can bond over all sorts of crazy ways. And Frederick doesn't propose just because he manages to keep down the meat. He proposes because all the time he spent with the Avatar made him fall for her, which is realistic. Spending more time with the same person can easily make you grow closer. And she kept supporting him as she helped him with his problem. Also, she calls him Freddy Bear, which is just UBER cute. Frederick is the only character that she gives a nickname to and he's the only character that gives the Avatar a kiss of any kind in his confession. I really like that too. ^^

And the confession line is really sweet. <3 "My heart is yours, milady. I vow to defend you as knight and husband until death should part us." Definition of sweet, chivalrous, romantic, and knightly. :D

However, I would have improved the support a bit more by having Avatar call him Freddy Bear a second time in the S support. That would've been even MORE cuteness. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Much like the autumn breeze shatters the yellow leaves, so will the whiners fall before me.

Since when do leaves shatter?

It's an expression.

for a split second i could hear owain and inigo's voices in my head...

However, I would have improved the support a bit more by having Avatar call him Freddy Bear a second time in the S support. That would've been even MORE cuteness. lol

I reiterate, "Frede-niku" isn't romantic. Saying that in the S support in the original Japanese would have killed the mood.

You know... I really should just stay away from the Awakening forum. But I'm apparently too maso to do that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I reiterate, "Frede-niku" isn't romantic. Saying that in the S support in the original Japanese would have killed the mood.

You know... I really should just stay away from the Awakening forum. But I'm apparently too maso to do that.

Which people like me, who are curious about how things are in the japanese version, thank you for.

But someone this forum has changed from Chrom and Olivia to arguing FredxSumia versus FredxMU. Gee, I wonder why.

But someone this forum has changed from Chrom and Olivia to arguing FredxSumia versus FredxMU. Gee, I wonder why.

If you look at most of the threads in the forum, the topic is just really a "suggestion".

Mention the word "pairing" and you're pretty much calling a specific group of 3 people to post for most of the thread, as well as the people who come for "discussion" and just throw points that actually contribute, but just get ignored by said people because pairings and canon are serious business.

I still find the support boring and pointless.

Well I can understand that... But I kind of wish you didn't state things in a way that makes me feel as if our discussion was for nothing. It makes me wonder what the point of discussion was in the first place when after iterating points, the end result is just "Oh, okay. But your liked support's boring and pointless. Unlike the far superior Frederick and Avatar support" u n u

Which people like me, who are curious about how things are in the japanese version, thank you for.

Hey, Faye was the one that started it by arguing that FredxSumia was better. All I said before that was that a few pairings had some grounds for canonness. Edited by Anacybele