Hottest/Cutest/Handsomest Tellius Guys

Anacybele

Why are people saying volke is better than sothe, sothe is infinitely better than volke. Sothe is your best unit for a significant portion of the game, and is still very reliable in part three. His endgame is bad, like a lot of jeigan archetypes. Volke is only there during endgame as a unit that is reliable if your own units all got rng screwed. And even then, he is outclassed by almost every other late joining character.

A characters value isn't solely determined by his endgame potential, endgame is a small margin of the game. Volke wins over sothe in endgame, but sothe beats him in early and mid, not only by being there while volke is absent, but also because he is a highly valuable unit during that time instead of being a deadweight like fiona.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He definitely looks older than that, LOL. I'd even say he's 15 in FE9.

He looks more like 12-13 in PoR to me. Look how small he is compared to even Ike. xP

I prefer taller and more muscle-toned men. I don't go for the boyish-looking type. Not often anyway. I like a MAN man, not a boy man. lol But at the same time, this is probably funny, because I'm small and quite thin, so I'd almost look like a kid next to one of them. XD

Thank you. He looks really good looking to me, but maybe that's because I prefer slim & toned instead of muscley. I'm attracted to more boyish looking guys on average. And hey, if he's gonna show off those abs with that kind of shirt, then damn, he's certainly got abs to show off. Even as a younger kid in FE9, he was pretty cute; never expected him to grow that fast and that well in 3 years, so he gets credit for that at least.

TBH, I'm probably one of the only people who actually likes that he has a role in RD and doesn't mind at all that he's mandatory for endgame; he's always been a very capable unit overall for me, even if he may not be as good as Volke...

Why did you strikethrough, all of that? lawl

Anyway, he doesn't really have that much going for him in the abs department, honestly. He's just rather thin, which gets you those results with moderate amount of excercise and a solid diet. Then again, #AmeriFAT. I understand, completely!

I started being fond of Sothe very recently. It was because I found some important aspects in common, with myself. Also because I have always been aware of just how good he happens to be, as a unit. I also had Heather as one of my favorites (I tend to like Thieves-branch characters), so why not Sothe up there?

Any attractiveness that Sothe might have had was destroyed by his lack of personality and fashion sense.

I don't think that'd be an excuse for alot of characters, here, seeing as they don't have much development thanks to the lack of non-generic support conversations. I am currently re-playing FE10 and I am liking what I am seeing of Sothe, so far. The one thing I had against him (which was him generally being a jerk-ass and reserved character), I am starting to sort of understand.

He looks more like 12-13 in PoR to me. Look how small he is compared to even Ike. xP

I prefer taller and more muscle-toned men. I don't go for the boyish-looking type. Not often anyway. I like a MAN man, not a boy man. lol But at the same time, this is probably funny, because I'm small and quite thin, so I'd almost look like a kid next to one of them. XD

Oh, yeah. I'd say he does look around that age. But I really do think it's more of a "late bloomer" case. He could've hit quite the growthspurt from age 14-15. Because a 16-year old doesn't look like he does in FE10, even in FE.

Not to nitpick and put and trying to put a ton of science into video game characters, but uh, "muscle tone" is really the result of lower body fat percentage. I can agree with you, when you said Ike wasn't exaggerated buff. Taking a look again...he actually isn't that huge. I think alot of us mostly felt alot of impact from his transition between FE9 to FE10...he looks really manly, in FE10. I'd say it's a more significant impact than Sothe's growth.

^Hmm, I dunno. I just like strikethroughs I guess. XD

I suppose he doesn't. Maybe he really is just thin, but it certainly doesn't hurt; looks perfectly attractive overall in my book. X3

One of the reasons I think he's pretty cool is that I just never expected that little stowaway thief to become a much more major player in the sequel; I like when seemingly insignificant characters and details get important later on. And I'm rather amused at having an overpowered thief character in the early game who IMO can carry himself through the game rather easily, when said unit in the previous game could barely leave a scratch on anything. Personality wise, I rather admire his steadfast presence and loyalty to Micaiah, staying with her no matter what even against overwhelming odds and his reluctance to fight against Ike and what he believes is the correct side of the war. I like that he's her voice of reason.

Yes, I'm an unabashed Sothe fan... >_<

I'd prefer that kind of slim-toned kind of look, myself. That's not implying that at least a small amount of muscle, should be there. Sothe's a good example. But I really just want to be like Volug.

Guys like Ike, Zelgius, Tibarn, Boyd, etc. tend to be more about muscle mass. But they're pretty "toned", too, so being bigger AND toned makes them look pretty "muscular". Then there's ridiculous guys like Caineghis, Giffca & Gareth...................

I'd prefer that kind of slim-toned kind of look, myself. That's not implying that at least a small amount of muscle, should be there. Sothe's a good example. But I really just want to be like Volug.

Guys like Ike, Zelgius, Tibarn, Boyd, etc. tend to be more about muscle mass. But they're pretty "toned", too, so being bigger AND toned makes them look pretty "muscular". Then there's ridiculous guys like Caineghis, Giffca & Gareth...................

Oh yes, how could I possibly forget Volug. He's....really hot..... x3

And you forgot to add Skrimir to that list. The muscles on those guys are ridiculous indeed.

Oh, yeah. I'd say he does look around that age. But I really do think it's more of a "late bloomer" case. He could've hit quite the growthspurt from age 14-15. Because a 16-year old doesn't look like he does in FE10, even in FE.

Yeah, that's possible. I'm a late-bloomer myself. In fact, I still look like a 15 year old, pretty much, and I'm almost 23. :P

Not to nitpick and put and trying to put a ton of science into video game characters, but uh, "muscle tone" is really the result of lower body fat percentage. I can agree with you, when you said Ike wasn't exaggerated buff. Taking a look again...he actually isn't that huge. I think alot of us mostly felt alot of impact from his transition between FE9 to FE10...he looks really manly, in FE10. I'd say it's a more significant impact than Sothe's growth.

Yeah, exactly! I like manly men like the manly RD Ike! I was amazed at his transition from PoR too. He grew just the way Mist describes. Like a beanstalk. XD

I hope this topic isn't carrying over to how I am in real life. I actually prefer personality over looks but this information doesn't matter in a discussion like this.

Muscles don't hurt though.

Oh yes, how could I possibly forget Volug. He's....really hot..... x3

And you forgot to add Skrimir to that list. The muscles on those guys are ridiculous indeed.

Overly muscley guys are a little gross. Having muscles to the point were you can't reach your head would seem pretty inconvenient. Not that those characters ever complained about that problem. Caineghis is so buff he looks like he could rip through his kingly robes by flexing his arms.

Yeah, I look at personality first too, but I still don't want a guy that's totally ugly. :P First impressions can mean a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

No matter how many times Oliver is called a "fat ugly dastard" he ends up being beautiful by default. Unfortunately...

Ulki is the king of the manly face.

Edited by Hashuni Mei

I hope this topic isn't carrying over to how I am in real life. I actually prefer personality over looks but this information doesn't matter in a discussion like this.

Muscles don't hurt though.

I hear that alot from women, but I seriously think they're lying. :awesome:

It's worse when a guy looks like a potato and thinks he's so fresh. Ugh I've met too many people like that in my life. -.-

Oh yeah, I have a friend like that. It's really funny. :Nino:

Yeah, Oliver seems to be like that. He thinks he's so great and stuff, but he's really a fat ugly dastard. Ike uses the perfect insults for him. lol

PFHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But Tibarn.

I know right?

I'm sort of impressed how Sothe isn't exactly popular with the ladies.

Ehh hes still too young for me. At least Soren is actually really in his 20s in RD. Hes about Ike's age in PoR but looks younger because reasons.

Any attractiveness that Sothe might have had was destroyed by his lack of personality and fashion sense.

Natch. Sothe irritates me a lot.

Caineghis is HUGE.

Not gonna lie, its kinda sexy...Big beard and big muscles.

Clearly Ulki...

Dude, im this great big weirdo who really thinks of Chris Cornell every time i get a good look at Ulki. (except Ulki obviously has a pointier nose...)

Hotness points have to go to Ike, Shinon, Geoffrey, Boyd, and Ranulf. But even the handsomest of these fine men cannot stand up to Nephenee or Titania.

What, you say? They don't count because they're not men?

Put 'em in drag. They can totes pull it off.

• 4 weeks later...

(RD)Ike,Zelgius and Tibarn...Mmmm...They should make a one of those interactive,touchy,dating sim-type things with every dude in the Fire Emblem series....Imagine touching IKE.... :wub: But unfortunately no one will ever make that so...

Imagine touching IKE.... :wub:

(>///<)

Eeep! Stop right there! I can't handle!

The chances of something like that happening... well actually there is no chance of that happening... but if it did oh lawd take my money IS!!! An opportunity to make Ike mah husband ???!!!! Hsvdnsjklkmdkmmmmmmm :t:I'm sorry Chrom but Ike is my true husbando \(O.O)/