Emmeryn or Aversa?

I plan on trying Apotheosis soon, but I want to prepare as best as possible first. Morgan definitely has a spot on my team because of her amazing versatility. For a mage build, should I go with Emmeryn for her high magic modifier, or Aversa for a slightly lower modifier with Shadowgift?

Shadowgift is kinda meh, so of the two I'd say go for Emmeryn.

IMO, marrying someone like Miriel (or Tharja) would be better than either of those, because they only have 1 less Mag than Emmeryn, IIRC, but you'd essentially get two Morgans out of the deal, and since I assume your Avatar is +Mag, that's a huge bonus for Laurent or Noire.

Maribelle or Lissa are also good choices, although they've only got +2 Mag.

If what you want is just a super Morgan, I'd marry a 2nd-gen girl, and Noire is probably gonna have the best Mag mod out of that (while Noire!Morgan will probably have a lower Mag mod than, say, Tharja!Morgan (I'm assuming that the father is Gaius or someone else whose name isn't Ricken, Libra, or Henry), the other mods will be much higher than a Tharja!Morgan).

3rd Gen Morgan is much better than both. She can literally be a much improved version of your next best kid. Shadowgift is also pretty worthless, all things considered (about it's only use if to have a Nosferatank with 8 natural movement), so if you were to go with either, Emm is a little better.

Why not both?

Because you can only marry one, and honestly neither is the best option.

Going for a powerful Morgan is done by marrying second gen, not Spotpass Six.

He's not asking if he should use them-- he's asking who's better to mother Morgan.

(And Emm's the only one of the Spotpass Six with solid use as a staffbot, she's Lissa+...)

Edited by Airship Canon

Offtopic: Emm and Aversa should marry each other, would be the cutest couple ever <3 Like light and darkness kissing each other.

I would marry 2nd gen too, when I married Avatar with Inigo my Morgan was a powerhouse.

Because you can only marry one, and honestly neither is the best option.

Going for a powerful Morgan is done by marrying second gen, not Spotpass Six.

He's not asking if he should use them-- he's asking who's better to mother Morgan.

(And Emm's the only one of the Spotpass Six with solid use as a staffbot, she's Lissa+...)

Chrom married Sumia and Tharja married Gaius. I haven't decided on parents for the other daughters, but I'm definitely not going with a mage build for them. Would it be best to marry Cynthia/Lucina or Noire?

Yeah, go with Noire, since you want a magical Morgan.

easier to do than not looking at Aversa's chest. at least from the Avatar's perspective.

Chrom married Sumia and Tharja married Gaius. I haven't decided on parents for the other daughters, but I'm definitely not going with a mage build for them. Would it be best to marry Cynthia/Lucina or Noire?

Details (I guessed +MAG/-LCK)

For Lucina/Cynthia

-1 4 4 7 -1 -2 3

+Aether

Noire

1 6 2 6 -7 1 3

Differences:

Noire offers +2 STR, MAG and +3 DEF

Lucina offers +2 Skl, +1 SPD, +6 LCK as well as Aether.

They're both solid, outside of that -7 LCK mod on G!N!M.

If you've got a place for two+ activations on your morgan's build (Two so you can run Aether/Luna or three for A/L/I): Lucina/Cynthia.

Otherwise, Noire.