[EU] Apotheosis

Tables

Well, it's finally here, the most infamous DLC of them all.

And honestly I'm kind of disappointed by the difficulty. For my team I intentionally avoided using children characters and legacy DLC characters, so I expected to have some challenge, what with having much lower stats and weaker skill sets than what a lot of people suggest. But instead I got waves of enemies that don't move, or are in too small numbers to be a legitimate threat. I expected the time limited waves at the end of the secret route to put serious pressure on killing stuff quickly enough, but both waves took 3 turns each. I was basically never in any danger of dying - the only times I took reasonable damage were the Berserkers in Secret Waves 4+5, and that's only because I didn't have the stats/skills to kill them before they attacked me and they have Hawkeye/Luna+/1-2 range axes, meaning 60+ damage counterattacks (oh no whatever will I do o rite fortify)

Probably the hardest wave in the whole thing, and the only one that really made me stop and think, was Normal wave 5. 25 enemies in one place, ~20 of them being aggressive, that was actually a threat. But still, they came from one direction and gave plenty of room, so it was pretty trivial to just slowly back off while using Galeforce/Rescue to pick groups of enemies off.

Despite the fairly low difficulty, it was fun. Having the variety of waves did also makes things interesting.I think it'd have been more interesting if more enemies moved towards you from closer in, especially on secret waves 4+5 (since your position is reset, it would be very possible to make happen).

Maybe in the future, I'll try a no Limit Breaker Apo run. I still expect that it wouldn't be THAT tough, though, maybe the time limit will actually matter...

Hmm, now that might be a lot more challenging. I did make liberal use of Rescue (had 6 dedicated staffers). I reckon it still shouldn't be too bad, but would require a little more caution to be used.

Yes, Apotheosis is quite easy when you are over-prepared and have had two countries figure out all sorts of neat tricks beforehand (Rescue chains are boss). Even no Limit Breaker runs are pretty trivial since Aggressor is almost just as good. Why did you think we kept on making up challenges and new restrictions?

No LB, no Galeforce, no Rescue, no children, no aggressor, no rallies.

Not sure if possible-- secret route anyways.

If it is, it's certainly luck based, that much is sure.

I think after seeing my no-rallied Morgan do what she did to Anna, some points can be given to heavy procs, but you'll need to be using a lot of Snipers to pull this one off, and I think the time limit on Wave 4 will probably be the end of you. And without the kids, yeah, you're gonna be hardpressed to actually get things where you need it.

Edited by Airship Canon

just completed the normal round for the first time after bombing once before

it probably says a lot about my relative lack of skills at this game but damn that was a relatively close shave

i guess i'll do the secret round later? i think i'll need to get my funds up again to rebuy and reforge all those braves/gales

Not sure if possible-- secret route anyways.

If it is, it's certainly luck based, that much is sure.

I think after seeing my no-rallied Morgan do what she did to Anna, some points can be given to heavy procs, but you'll need to be using a lot of Snipers to pull this one off, and I think the time limit on Wave 4 will probably be the end of you. And without the kids, yeah, you're gonna be hardpressed to actually get things where you need it.

That's affirmative.

That way with Longbows+Astra will take out those damned pesky Celica Gale Luna+ Sages as they won't counter attack. Attacking twice in a row with them is even worse. The damage they do minimum to you is somewhat around 32+.And you have to have over 70Res to make it happen. They do 70 normally which would be zero with 70 Res. But with Luna+ halving it...yep 35dmgx2 without duel guarding.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

That's affirmative.

That way with Longbows+Astra will take out those damned pesky Celica Gale Luna+ Sages as they won't counter attack. The damage they do minimum to you is somewhat around 32+.And you have to have over 70Res to make it happen. They do 70 normally which would be zero with 70 Res. But with Luna+ halving it...yep 35dmg. Attacking twice in a row with them is even worse.

Survival threshold for the Celica's Sages is 56 RES. (56/2 = 28. 70-28 = 42. 42*2 = 84. Tonic'd HP is 85.)

Doing something silly like a Vant/Vengeance combo with a Sorc/'Zerker may actually be the death of those.

But it's not guys like those that I think would kill this an attempt, it's the time limits. You're not killing fast enough. It's not happening.

Normal route was pretty straightforward with a quickly put together maxed out team.

Then I tried secret route and almost cleared the 2nd wave, but I sloppily lost Inigo to one of the Vengeance Tricksters. I'm kind of scared of the enemies I would have faced next...

Guess I should train some more characters ^^;;;

Normal route was pretty straightforward with a quickly put together maxed out team.

Then I tried secret route and almost cleared the 2nd wave, but I sloppily lost Inigo to one of the Vengeance Tricksters. I'm kind of scared of the enemies I would have faced next...

Guess I should train some more characters ^^;;;

Well...Nintendo did state that it also takes "ultimate strategism" and have forgotten that. xD

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Well, with Vince wiping, I'm next on the wipetrain.

Gonna try no LB/Agg/Rally.

Probably will die [Either to actually dieing (probably on wave 3 with the Ikeadin) or to the timelimit on wave 4. First I've got to train me an Ike though (Gonna use at least one other A/L/I Sniper)]

And do a few Infinite Regalia runs (Need Valflame and Double Bows) [not going no DLC/no Rally. Screw that. Also, getting out the All+2s.]

Might train Emm while I'm at this so I have a second Lissa.

What about no LB, no Celica's or Braves?

Agg all over the place, that.

It'd be a harder Iron Attack, but to be honest, the "Iron Attack" was relatively easy.

[Doing some math here to see if I can kill certain foes for my next challenge run. Alright, beyond the fact that the Helswath people are going to have to be Longbowed to death... Anna's scaring me (for once). My best shot will still be using LQS/VG to execute after Double Bows do their thing, the problem is without those rallies, Anna pulls a 22% chance to hit Severa... which is a lovely 9% true hit. Problem is Aether is also terminal (87 damage)... so while the odds are certainly in my favor... there's a 0.363285% chance of dying on that Vantage+ before anything else. More dangerous will be counter: If Luna lands, Severa dies. Perhaps I should switch out Vengeance for Astra. Or run her as a Sorc. (Survival chance on "Does not get hit by Luna": 4.0365%)... then I get doubled on top of that. >_>, but hopefully, Anna's dead before it comes to that.]

Edited by Airship Canon