Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

Since there have been plenty of diffrent contests for the characters of Awakening, I've decided to hold a contest for the best pairing.

How this is going to work is I'm going to feature two characters per day and all of their possible pairings (I'll probably do mother and child each day).

The pairing that gets the most votes for each character will be saved for the final rounds, and the final rounds will break it down to a top five, a top three, a top two, and then the winner.

I'm only going to focus on the girls' pairings (except for male avatar and male Morgan) because all the guys still get all their pairing matches on the poll too, so it seems silly and like a waste of time to repeat things for the guys.

Say'ri, Aversa, Tiki, Emmeryn, Gangrel, Anna, Walhart, Basilio, Flavia, and Priam will be excluded from this except on the Avatar days and Avatar and Morgan will be excluded until their days.

It's going to take a couple weeks to get this contest all said and done, but I think it should be fun.

You can check below to see which day to expect your waifus to get their poll.

Round 1 Day 1

Cordelia: Stahl x Cordelia

Severa: Inigo x Severa

Round 1 Day 2

Sumia: Chrom x Sumia

Cynthia: Owain x Cynthia

Round 1 Day 3

Female Avatar: Chrom x Female Avatar

Female Morgan: Owain x Female Morgan

Round 1 Day 4

Male Avatar: Male Avatar x Sumia

Male Morgan: Male Morgan x Nah

Round 1 Day 5

Nowi: Ricken x Nowi

Nah: Yarne x Nah

Round 1 Day 6

Tharja: Libra x Tharja

Noire: Brady x Noire

Round 1 Day 7

Sully: Stahl x Sully

Kjelle: Gerome x Kjelle

Round 1 Day 8

Olivia: Chrom x Olivia

Cherche: Virion x Cherche

Round 1 Day 9

Lissa: Lon'qu x Lissa

Maribelle: Lon'qu x Maribelle

Round 1 Day 10

Miriel: Gregor x Miriel

Panne: Gregor x Panne

Round 1 Day 11

Lucina: Gerome x Lucina

Round 2

1st Place: Owain x Cynthia

2nd Place: Male Morgan x Nah

3rd Place: Chrom x Sumia

4th Place: Chrom x Female Avatar

5th Place: Inigo x Severa

6th Place: Lon'qu x Lissa

7th Place: Chrom x Olivia

Round 3

1st Place: Inigo x Severa

2nd Place: Chrom x Sumia

3rd Place: Chrom x Olivia

4th Place: Owain x Cynthia

5th Place: Lon'qu x Lissa

Round 4

1st Place: Chrom x Sumia

2nd Place: Inigo x Severa

3rd Place: Chrom x Olivia

Round 5

1st Place: Chrom x Sumia

2nd Place: Chrom x Olivia

Final Round

Winner: Chrom x Sumia

Edited by Sumia

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I think we all know which pairings will win this contest in the end. ChromxFemale Avatar and Male AvatarxLucina. xP

But I voted StahlxCordelia and InigoxSevera anyway for this round. OTPs ftw.

Also, why is female Morgan grouped with Female Avatar and Male Avatar with male Morgan? That should be reversed. Male Morgan is Female Avatar's kid and female Morgan is Male Avatar's kid. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Also, why is female Morgan grouped with Female Avatar and Male Avatar with male Morgan? That should be reversed. Male Morgan is Female Avatar's kid and female Morgan is Male Avatar's kid. xP

To have girls one day and boys the other for those two since they are a special case in the poll.

To have girls one day and boys the other for those two since they are a special case in the poll.

But I don't pair female Morgan because I don't use a male Avatar. Therefore, this prevents me from voting my number 1 Awakening OTP (FrederickxFemale Avatar) because voting in both polls is required. :/

And other people can have the same issue.

Edited by Anacybele

But I don't pair female Morgan because I don't use a male Avatar. Therefore, this prevents me from voting my number 1 Awakening OTP (FrederickxFemale Avatar) because voting in both polls is required. :/

And other people can have the same issue.

I could switch the Morgans perhaps, but it seems more orderly to me to have one special guy day since the contest is set up to have the girls as the main focus every other day.

Edited by Sumia

Vaike x Cordelia and Inigo x Severa FTW!

I'm also gonna have a problem when Morgan comes around since I never pair either of them.....can we have a 'none' option for the children since, unless you as the avatar marry a second gen, its impossible to pair all of the children evenly anyways?

Vaike x Cordelia and Inigo x Severa FTW!

I'm also gonna have a problem when Morgan comes around since I never pair either of them.....can we have a 'none' option for the children since, unless you as the avatar marry a second gen, its impossible to pair all of the children evenly anyways?

Yes, I can put a none option for Morgan.

That should solve any problems there might be.

Okay, in that case, I'll put none for female Morgan. I do plan to pair male Morgan though. I just don't have the heart to leave the adorable little guy single. xP

Cordelia/Kellam, I love how there's no mention of Chrom ANYWHERE. Black-haired Severa is the most beautiful.

Severa/Brady, it's such an underrated pairing. They have a really nice dynamic, and they look great together.

Stahl and Cordelia is pretty great. Not only do you get good supports, you get a great Severa, too.

Severa and Brady is da bess. Snark and Bark, for the win. I find their ending absolutely incredible, too.

Plus with Stahl!Severa and Brady, you have an amazing musical family.

The OTP bias shall be strong with this one...

But I'll mention my favorite pairings and then also give honorable mentions to a few I just love.

Anyway, for Cordelia, my number one vote goes to Gregor.

Why? Just, gods, look at those supports! Gregor sees Cordelia's heartbreak and convinces her to go after the man she truly loves, encouraging and supporting her along the time. Over time, he sees just what an amazing woman she is and falls in love with her, torn between helping her land the man of her dreams and taking her for his own. Meanwhile, Cordelia warms up to Gregor's constant support and care for her, and in their S support finally sees that the man of her dreams was the one right beside her from the very beginning.

It just... my feels. :\

Cordelia's honorable mentions are Vaike and Ricken. I think it mostly has to do with their attachments to Chrom, and how much he matters to them both that seals the deals for me here. Because both of them think very highly of Chrom, and respect him just so much. But at the same time, they want to prove to Cordelia that they're just as good as he is, and because they actually can return her feelings, that they're the better choice. That's a bit of a deeper theme with Vaike's, while I adore the way Ricken strives to be as helpful and talented as she is, I think it's really cute. This shouldn't be a reason, I know, but Ricken's hair on Severa is the closest to her official art - IT'S CANON. [/is shot repeatedly]

Now for Severa, you tricky woman you. But the winning vote goes to Laurent.

Two words: opposites attract. It plays so well here, and also emphasizes their personalities in a way while removing one almost constant element in Severa's supports... her inferiority complex. Here, she and Laurent are praised for their skill while working together in their shopping runs, which helps her feel as if she's worth something. Laurent praises her as well, and actually looses up a bit in her presence, which is just too adorable for the BOTH of them. They needed something like this, and they got it from each other. [/sniff]

Honorable mentions to Gerome and Brady, who smoothly (well, almost) handle Severa's boisterous personality and gain something themselves from their time with her. The secretive "lone wolf" manages to confide in her, trust her enough to hold his secrets despite himself, and Brady finds someone who doesn't at all think he's useless.

^ And ooh, I never thought about that.

Edited by Vashiane

The OTP bias shall be strong with this one...

But I'll mention my favorite pairings and then also give honorable mentions to a few I just love.

Anyway, for Cordelia, my number one vote goes to Gregor.

Why? Just, gods, look at those supports! Gregor sees Cordelia's heartbreak and convinces her to go after the man she truly loves, encouraging and supporting her along the time. Over time, he sees just what an amazing woman she is and falls in love with her, torn between helping her land the man of her dreams and taking her for his own. Meanwhile, Cordelia warms up to Gregor's constant support and care for her, and in their S support finally sees that the man of her dreams was the one right beside her from the very beginning.

It just... my feels. :\

Cordelia's honorable mentions are Vaike and Ricken. I think it mostly has to do with their attachments to Chrom, and how much he matters to them both that seals the deals for me here. Because both of them think very highly of Chrom, and respect him just so much. But at the same time, they want to prove to Cordelia that they're just as good as he is, and because they actually can return her feelings, that they're the better choice. That's a bit of a deeper theme with Vaike's, while I adore the way Ricken strives to be as helpful and talented as she is, I think it's really cute. This shouldn't be a reason, I know, but Ricken's hair on Severa is the closest to her official art - IT'S CANON. [/is shot repeatedly]

Now for Severa, you tricky woman you. But the winning vote goes to Laurent.

Two words: opposites attract. It plays so well here, and also emphasizes their personalities in a way while removing one almost constant element in Severa's supports... her inferiority complex. Here, she and Laurent are praised for their skill while working together in their shopping runs, which helps her feel as if she's worth something. Laurent praises her as well, and actually looses up a bit in her presence, which is just too adorable for the BOTH of them. They needed something like this, and they got it from each other. [/sniff]

Honorable mentions to Gerome and Brady, who smoothly (well, almost) handle Severa's boisterous personality and gain something themselves from their time with her. The secretive "lone wolf" manages to confide in her, trust her enough to hold his secrets despite himself, and Brady finds someone who doesn't at all think he's useless.

^ And ooh, I never thought about that.

Yess, Brady/Severa ftw. 8D Cordelia/Ricken, I forgot about that pairing. In a male My Unit run, that's the pairing I go with, Cordy's the only other woman I don't mind seeing Ricken with. Which is odd, because I hate red-head-Severa.

where is Chrom x Cordelia? actually come to think of it, how can anyone vote for Inigo x Gerome if we're only looking at females?

I do think that Chrom should share a day with Lucina, because while his possible wives might have pairings that people prefer to their Chrom pairing, he still needs his top pairing, IMO.

Anyways of these I'd say Cordelia x Lon'qu and Severa x Gerome.

Some females have my favorite supports of theirs be with the same guy, so I'll just vote as if these were pairings in a vacuum.

Yess, Brady/Severa ftw. 8D Cordelia/Ricken, I forgot about that pairing. In a male My Unit run, that's the pairing I go with, Cordy's the only other woman I don't mind seeing Ricken with. Which is odd, because I hate red-head-Severa.

Cordelia has some decent supports buried underneath those "stab-you-right-in-the-feels" S-supports she has. And that's one of them, even if I end up feeling so bad. I see you picked Kellam/Cordelia, so I feel you indeed.

I actually don't care TOO much about the hair color, but Ricken's is the closest to the official as we can get, and I like that Gregor gives her a very gorgeous auburn. Although, if I had to say there was a color of her I didn't like it would actually be Stahl's. It clashes with the warm yellows and red of her outfit SO MUCH. :cry:

Cordelia has some decent supports buried underneath those "stab-you-right-in-the-feels" S-supports she has. And that's one of them, even if I end up feeling so bad. I see you picked Kellam/Cordelia, so I feel you indeed.

I actually don't care TOO much about the hair color, but Ricken's is the closest to the official as we can get, and I like that Gregor gives her a very gorgeous auburn. Although, if I had to say there was a color of her I didn't like it would actually be Stahl's. It clashes with the warm yellows and red of her outfit SO MUCH. :cry:

She does, but it upsets me so much that they're like "i know i'm not chrom", it turns me off to the pairing. I used to like Fred/Cordelia until I unlocked their S Support. D8 It's too sad for me.

I agree that Stahl's hair color is FUGLY on Severa. Kjelle's the only one who can pull that gray/green/brown color good enough. And maybe Morgan-M.

She does, but it upsets me so much that they're like "i know i'm not chrom", it turns me off to the pairing. I used to like Fred/Cordelia until I unlocked their S Support. D8 It's too sad for me.

I agree that Stahl's hair color is FUGLY on Severa. Kjelle's the only one who can pull that gray/green/brown color good enough. And maybe Morgan-M.

It does. So, so, so much, I swear. I mean in Ricken and Vaike's case it fits, but in some of them it just feels painful. And it's even more agonizing FOR Ricken and Vaike, I mean, this is their idol/rival they're up against, and they just don't like they compare and aren't worthy of her love and I just... [/heartbreak]

The internal agony Frederick/Cordelia causes me might just give me cardiac arrest, I swear. I feel so, so bad. He idolizes his lord, and he thinks very highly of her in return, and I can't imagine what sort of emotions were going through him while he held her, listening to her describe a torrid, passionate, almost neverending love for a man that he himself knows and cares deeply about, all while he's wishing she loved HIM instead.

:sob:

SO MUCH AGONY.

Actually, Inigo and Gerome look good with pretty much anything, so they get my vote for Stahl's hair color as well. And as does Noire, due to her outfit being green. And yes, Kjelle does pull it off, although really Kjelle can pull off anything well enough save for a few oddities.

But yes she does. Blonde Severa is quite pretty, really, but I prefer the darker shades on her, like Lon'qu's, Kellam's and Frederick's. And the reds, as I've mentioned. :)

She does, but it upsets me so much that they're like "i know i'm not chrom", it turns me off to the pairing.

Funny, I never saw a line like this anywhere in FrederickxCordelia or StahlxCordelia (my top picks for Cordelia). And it looked more to me like Cordelia ditched her love for Chrom and grew to love Freddy/Stahl instead. She even outright says to Stahl that he replaced Chrom in her heart and she says to Frederick that she'll love him forever if he loves her forever. I don't see how this is just "settling for each other" at all.

I hate how people exaggerate Cordelia's S supports like this. It upsets me so much.

And as for Cordelia going on about Chrom to Frederick in that picnic they had, yeah, I didn't really like how she was whining about it. But for Frederick to still love her despite her having loved another man and still try to be there for her? It shows how strong he really is.

Edited by Anacybele

Whoa, I just thought of something, Sumia. Little red flag going up.

This contest is judged off of the support conversations only, or no?

Yes, only pairings that have supports will be recognized.

Yes, only pairings that have supports will be recognized.

Alright then. You may want to specify this somewhere so that way it's known to everyone before they post so we don't start having any eugenics arguments. :sweatdrop:

i went with stahl and cordelia and brady and severa.

i... fell for the music trope!! i fell for it and can't get up!!!

S&B society was cute and i like the idea of S&B society facing off against the justice cabal.

i do have a question though, is cordelia a confident young woman or insecure? in here support with stahl it kind of sounds like she has a complex of her own and needs to be the best at everything... i mean i guess she could also just be an over achiever? IDK why it bothers me that idk her pyschology!!!

i went with stahl and cordelia and brady and severa.

i... fell for the music trope!! i fell for it and can't get up!!!

S&B society was cute and i like the idea of S&B society facing off against the justice cabal.

i do have a question though, is cordelia a confident young woman or insecure? in here support with stahl it kind of sounds like she has a complex of her own and needs to be the best at everything... i mean i guess she could also just be an over achiever? IDK why it bothers me that idk her pyschology!!!

Too funny! :)

To be honest, it could swing either way. She's a perfectionist and usually quite confident in her abilities to succeed, but when she doesn't or feels like she doesn't, the insecurities start to slip, I suppose.