Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

Honey, remember what I said about watching how you phrase things? Some people don't feel as if a ten(ish) year gap is that bad.

It's not the age gap. It's that Lissa is 14 while Frederick is like 26. She's still a child while he's a grown man. That's what I find disturbing. Ten years is fine if the two people are like 25 and 35 or something.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the age gap. It's that Lissa is 14 while Frederick is like 26. She's still a child while he's a grown man. That's what I find disturbing. Ten years is fine if the two people are like 25 and 35 or something.

Even so, the correct term then would be ephebophilia, since Lissa is not a prepubescent child if she's fourteen (I see her more as sixteen). Its actually around the prime age range back in medieval times to have any girl, but especially a girl of status, married off to an eligible suitor; so, its not like its wrong in that world, if we're assuming that FE takes place in a medieval culture.

I dunno, I guess it just doesn't bother me as much since a lot of the literature I read has it happen commonly....

Even so, the correct term then would be ephebophilia, since Lissa is not a prepubescent child if she's fourteen (I see her more as sixteen). Its actually around the prime age range back in medieval times to have any girl, but especially a girl of status, married off to an eligible suitor; so, its not like its wrong in that world, if we're assuming that FE takes place in a medieval culture.

I dunno, I guess it just doesn't bother me as much since a lot of the literature I read has it happen commonly....

Well, that doesn't mean I don't find it disturbing and gross. There's a reason that it isn't still done today. xP Also, Lissa's confirmed age is 14 before the two year time gap. And even at 16, I still find a pairing like her and Frederick to be just ugh.

Also, I find FE Awakening's world to be more advanced than past FE worlds, though not as advanced as the real world, obviously.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, that doesn't mean I don't find it disturbing and gross. There's a reason that it isn't still done today. xP Also, Lissa's confirmed age is 14 before the two year time gap. And even at 16, I still find a pairing like her and Frederick to be just ugh.

Also, I find FE Awakening's world to be more advanced than past FE worlds, though not as advanced as the real world, obviously.

You can find it that way. The problem is voicing why.

"I don't like this pairing because I find it discomforting" vs "I don't like this because it makes one character look like a pedophiliac". See the difference?

This was EXTREMELY common back in the time periods it was set, so it's plenty accurate.

Anyway, Lissa and Maribelle's days, whee.

I'm sorry AGAIN about yesterday and not stating my choices again: I'll admit that my need for long responses tires me out sometimes. However, I picked Chrom for Olivia because activate hidden Charm skill and the best damn family dynamic in the game, bar nothing. And it's canon. And for Cherche, I chose Lon'qu, due to the stellar backstory and NIGHTWING.

Honorable mentions are Ricken and Stahl for Olivia and Frederick and Chrom Henry for Cherche.

Maribelle goes first. And her winning choice is Vaike.

Not just because Brady makes so much sense it hurts and not just that Vaike's conversation with Brady fits Vaike just... oh-so-much, but because the actual romance itself is sweeter than sugar. Step up your game, Gaius. The way she learns to let go and relax around him, while he learns to look past her colder exterior is just too much. While they warm up to each other, they proceed to also warm my heart. <3

Honorable mentions to Henry and Chrom. The way Henry soothes her worries in that odd way of his is freaking adorable, I swear. And that's probably Chrom's best support conversation in the entire game tied with Sully's.

Now to Lissa. I think I've mentioned what my OTP for Lissa is, but that's because a certain other guy is taken. Since I've already broken the vacuum seal here, I'll do it again. Lissa's vote goes to... Henry.

Because diabetes-inducing adorable.

SERIOUSLY. I could feel the cavities forming, but it was SO worth it. Even if Henry's "not much of a mood person" and proposes out of the blue like that, it actually fits the both of them well. For him to propose like that and for her to just kind of roll with it. But the best part is all the little things. [/squee]

Honorable mentions go to Ricken (who you probably expected it to go to) and Donnel. Once again, more adorable diabetes pairings. They're so sweet I can't stand it!

Crap, Maribelle voting day is while I'm still on vacation lmao WHATEVER nothing will get in the way of my obnoxious gushing over Lon'qu/Maribelle. If Gaius/Sumia is my ultimate OTP 5ever, these two are a close second.

I just really loved their dynamic throughout their support, and how it progressed from the both of them being annoyed to having genuine respect for each other, especially when Maribelle realized how hard Lon'qu tries to deal with his gynophobia in battle. The segue from A to S rank also felt pretty natural, I think, and gotta love how Maribelle is the one to propose marriage, which I think is very fitting for her, haha.

For Lissa, I like Lissa/Henry the most, their support was so adorable and I feel like their personalities would complement each other well. Also, white haired Owain supremacy.

MAN I wish I had my computer so I could post more of my obnoxious fanart of these two pairings since I'm Bad With Words and I'd rather let pictures do the talking. :V Ok I'm done rambling now.

This was EXTREMELY common back in the time periods it was set, so it's plenty accurate.

Like I said, this doesn't mean I have to think it's okay. >_>

But nice that Donny finally got a couple more votes. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

And that's probably Chrom's best support conversation in the entire game tied with Sully's.

Sometimes I feel like the quality of Chrom's supports is inversely related to the quality of his children.

Libra/Maribelle: I love it. I feel like Maribelle has a ton of good supports, but they just feel right together. Running an orphanage and fighting against social inequality from within the system... Give this couple an award.

Lissa/Vaike: I like the idea of the rival getting with the sister, sue me. I admit their supports don't really wow me, this is one of the few pairings I like in spite of average supports. Vaike makes sense as Owain's dad, too, as both Teach and the Avenging Avenger have...big personalities.

...I'm the only person that voted Donnel? I'm VERY surprised.

Don't worry Ana. I voted for Donnel too xD

I thought Lissa's Donnel proposal was one of the cutest things eveeerrr. Super sweet! The S support for this one really won me over because it was one of the very rare times where Lissa displayed herself to be really mature (I actually haven't seen her S support with either Frederick or Ricken though, as both those guys got married first in my playthrough so I wasn't able to unlock their S with her)

Her dialogue of not caring if she didn't have pretty dresses and other luxuries, as long as she was with Donnel was pretty cute. And I can't help but have this mental image of Donny coming home to his ma with his Princess Bride in tow! I bet she'd be so surprised and proud (and maybe slightly panicky? Haha)

As for Maribelle, I married her with Ricken. The actual support itself in its entirety was so-so, I thought. But the S support was pretty sweet c:

I usually dislike romances that ran on premises where the two love interests have a mutual, secret, supposedly unrequited love for one another but I thought it was pretty good with Maribelle and Ricken's support!

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Voted Lon'quxLissa and Lon'quxMaribelle.

The former because of father supports with Owain. Lon'qu has a talent for taking arrows for his loved ones, and that really struck a chord with me. How could you not end up like Owain with such a badass father like Lon'qu?

The latter because the support is so well-written and well-paced showing each of the character's quirks in equal measure. It makes sense for Brady too, as Lon'qu grew up in the slums of Chon'sin and that... roughness passed onto his son.

Lon'quxLissaxMaribelleistheonetruethreesome

Voted for Ricken/Lissa because *minmaxing* but Donnel/Lissa ain't that bad I suppose.

Also...

qxfYktg.jpg

(At least, I think that's supposed to be Donnel!Owain. Pixiv ID's 35589112, page 85)

For Maribelle, Gaius Gaius Gaiusssssss. I love how naturally they warm up to each other, and how Maribelle actually has a decent reason for hating him at first instead of "ew commoner." It really shows the kinder, deeper sides of the both of them and while 8'm nowhere near completing the support log it's my favorite support for the both of them by far.

Honorable mention to Ricken, but I felt that their support was missing...something. I don't know what. It's sweet, but I guess it just lacks the depth of Gaius/Maribelle to me. I adore the resulting Brady, though.

For Lissa, Donnel. I love how she comes to respect him over the course of their supports and how we get to see Donny's stronger side.