Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

^ You're such a troll, Rey. XD

Ooh, found it~!

ZYYR7iH.jpg

From left to right: Lon'qu!Owain, Libra!Owain, Henry!Owain, Donnel!Owain, Stahl!Owain, Frederick!Owain, Virion!Owain, Vaike!Owain, Kellam!Owain, Gregor!Owain, Ricken!Owain (with his mother's magic! Oh wait, headcanon, gush about that privately), and Gaius!Owain.

It's from pivix.

HA! Lon'qu!Owain is first in the pic! This totally mirrors the fact that his parents are gonna be first in the poll! GOOOO LON'QU X LISSA!!!!

Just let me know when I become too obnoxious. I'm doing a case study to see how obnoxious I am and can be compared to all the other obnoxious people!

On topic: I did NOT expect Gaius x Maribelle to be tied for first with a pairing other than Ricken x Maribelle. Yay?

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On topic: I did NOT expect Gaius x Maribelle to be tied for first with a pairing other than Ricken x Maribelle. Yay?

I'm rather surprised how well Lon'quxMaribelle is doing. Yes, I like the pairing, but I'd heard Ricken and Gaius more for her husbands, so I assumed it was a minority opinion.

And Donnel-fathered Owain and Henry-fathered Owain are both tied for third...which they are in that pic since they're side by side and after Libra-fathered Lissa. lol

I like Frederick x Lissa.

I thought they had good chemistry in the start of the game, so they ended up being my first decided pairing in my first play through.

Their supports were okay, but I generally find Frederick supports to be dull. I still think they are a good pairing, though, because the whole young princess and her guardian knight thing has an appeal to it (along with the good chemistry mentioned above).

Look at the results.

Lon'qu for both.

Part of why this topic's logic fails.

I get the whole lack of 'none/needs avatar' can be considered a flaw, but why is having the same person winning for both a logical fail? Lon'qu has some good supports.

Look at the results.

Lon'qu for both.

He's voiced by Koyasu.

It's a given that he gets a harem, no matter what the context of the character is.

It's an unwritten law.

I get the whole lack of 'none/needs avatar' can be considered a flaw, but why is having the same person winning for both a logical fail? Lon'qu has some good supports.

It all loops back to that. The idea to not have MU/Morgan on the would (logically) be to prevent having a large amount of same winners for them.

Yet, it's allowed elsewhere.

Set up fails.

Look at the results.

Lon'qu for both.

A character being in two pairings doesn't make "logic fail" whatsoever. It just means that the character has multiple really good/popular supports and doesn't take away from the objective of the contest at all.

As for the Avatar days (since it gets complained about every few pages or so), it seemed like the common sense thing to do for two reasons. Reason one is that Avatar x anyone would win most of the time (not just a couple) since Avatar is used as a self insert character. The pairings between characters would have a low chance because of this. Reason two is because Avatar had to have his/her own day even if he/she was added to every poll due to the fact that there are characters that can only marry the Avatar. It would be kind of dumb not to save all of the Avatar pairings for Avatar day when it had to happen anyways.

Edited by Sumia

A character being in two pairings doesn't make "logic fail" whatsoever. It just means that the character has multiple really good/popular supports and doesn't take away from the objective of the contest at all.

As for the Avatar days (since it gets complained about every few pages or so), it seemed like the common sense thing to do for two reasons. Reason one is that Avatar x anyone would win most of the time (not just a couple) since Avatar is used as a self insert character. The pairings between characters would have a low chance because of this. Reason two is because Avatar had to have his/her own day even if he/she was added to every poll due to the fact that there are characters that can only marry the Avatar. It would be kind of dumb not to save all of the Avatar pairings for Avatar day when it had to happen anyways.

Still incredibly illogical for any purpose. If the same character can win multiple days, why not MU or Morgan?

The MU day has to happen, yes, but at the same time it's more logical to run with it with all options available, including MU. Simple.

In short, this contest is flawed.

Still incredibly illogical for any purpose. If the same character can win multiple days, why not MU or Morgan?

The MU day has to happen, yes, but at the same time it's more logical to run with it with all options available, including MU. Simple.

Because there's a difference between Lonqu winning multiple times and the exact same pairing winning twice.

If we polled MU everyday and if he also got his own day, the same pairing could win twice.

Is that clear enough for you?

As I just said, the Avatar is treated as a self insert character when other characters are not. More than half of the time people would vote for Avatar x their favorite character/s for the self insert purposes. As for Morgan, it kept the organization of parent/child and also gender. Organization is an important thing to have.

Also as Celes added, the same pairing could win twice because we'd either have to have Avatar day with all of the pairings for it to be organized well or simply not count the Avatar only pairings so there wouldn't have to be an Avatar day (which is the worse option of the two).

We get that you dislike the set-up and no matter how much I stress the organization thought behind it you probably won't budge on disliking it, but I'd appreciate it if you could stop coming in the thread to complain about it every other day. It derails the thread and it's also kind of rude because it's obvious I put a lot of thought into the set-up and didn't just put it as it is for no good reason.

As I just said, the Avatar is treated as a self insert character when other characters are not. More than half of the time people would vote for Avatar x their favorite character/s for the self insert purposes. As for Morgan, it kept the organization of parent/child and also gender. Organization is an important thing to have.

Also as Celes added, the same pairing could win twice because we'd either have to have Avatar day with all of the pairings for it to be organized well or simply not count the Avatar only pairings so there wouldn't have to be an Avatar day (which is the worse option of the two).

We get that you dislike the set-up and no matter how much I stress the organization thought behind it you probably won't budge on disliking it, but I'd appreciate it if you could stop coming in the thread to complain about it every other day. It derails the thread and it's also kind of rude because it's obvious I put a lot of thought into the set-up and didn't just put it as it is for no good reason.

Maybe we should just ignore him. By this point, it almost seems to be a cry for attention.

On topic - I actually picked Gregor for both (haha). I just really like their supports with Gregor and am still working on figuring out pairings I like just as much.

Gregor x Panne! Pretty sweet and cute supports with Gregor teaching Panne to open up and lose that chip on her shoulder. And they make a powerful Yarne! I also love that after visiting her warren in the ending, they walk the earth together as mercenaries, which fits with their drifting personalities.

And Kellam x Miriel! I love the fact that she won't leave him alone because she wants to be around him and study his vanishing ways, but eventually they grow too close for him to be invisible anymore. The resulting Laurent is also makes for a not-so-squishy sage, which is refreshing for once.

Yesterday was Lon'qu's harem day. Today shall be Gregor's.

Honorable mention goes to Vaike x Miriel for actually taking his woman out on a date.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

I don't have a preference for Panne yet, but I'm currently planning to put her with Virion because leftovers. xP

For Miriel, I'm starting to think I like Kellam best with her, cause she actually pays attention to the poor guy. Kellam's gimmick is horribly done, and that's why I feel bad for him. xP

Gregor x Panne for the win. Such a cute support, and I feel like these two are closer in age than anyone else. 8U; It's awkward for me to pair Gregor with anyone else.

Honorable mention goes to Henry x Panne and Ricken x Panne. The former is another proper way of showing Henry's inner sadness without faking being cursed out of nowhere in front of a so-called curse expert. The latter is just plain sweet, and I actually smiled at the S support, which is amazing because I'm usually snarling in S-supports with Ricken that aren't with My Unit. 8U

As for Miriel... Lon'qu x Miriel. No contest. This is the best pairing for either of them. Lon'qu always saving Miriel, and she likes gets a crush on him and keeps putting herself in danger just so he could keep on saving her is just too damn cute. This is a proper way to fall in love, force the gynophobe to rescue you by constantly grabbing your arm and pulling you close. Plus have you seen a Lon'qu!Laurent CG confession? Freakin' handsome.

Honorable mention goes to...no-one, really. 8U I really only like Miriel with Lon'qu.

Oh, can't believe I almost missed Miriel's day. I voted Virion with Panne, their interactions are interesting. For Miriel, I voted Henry. I think they're hilarious together, plus they're my favorite 1st gen female and male characters and are almost always used.