Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

HenryxSumia makes me laugh, also, I prefer the other guys with other women (especially Frederick, he deserves way better than her). As for Cynthia, I plan to pair her with Owain. They seem like they're made for each other lol.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry/Sumia is pretty cute and makes an adorable white-haired Trickster Cynthia that feels so right...but Sumia/Chrom is forever my OTP. Cynthia and Lucina just click as siblings.

As for Cynthia... I haven't seen many of her S supports but of the ones I have seen, Brady's was the best.

I paired Gaius x Sumia because like Brady and Noire, she needed Lethality, Counter, and 2 of: Vengeance, Lucky 7, and Miracle for my StreetPass team. Henry, Gaius, and Vaike would all do the job, but I picked Gaius because I like her with red hair. Little did I know she should end up with +5 Skill and +6 Speed - excellent for StreetPass. I made her a Swordmaster to give her even more of those two stats just to make it harder to double her and easier for her to hit paired up units for that lucky Lethality.

Brady got Henry ending in +4 to Mag, while Noire got Vaike for a +4 to Strength.

I paired Cynthia with Inigo because I saw them as a cute couple.

Edited by BlueFire

Oh come on, don't let FrederickxSumia win... :/

I can't believe people like leaving poor Frederick with such a pathetic girl...

Edited by Anacybele

You have the right to have an opinion, but you don't have the right to force your opinions on others.

Here's what I think: I think Frederick is a boring robot who doesn't have a personality apart from sucking Chrom's dick.

I personally think Frederick isn't good looking enough for Sumia, as shallow as that seems.

I mean, they don't look or seem cute together at all to me, so it's my absolute least favorite pairing in the game (I'm also not fond of Frederick generally so that doesn't help either).

I'm not trying to force my opinions on others. I put a line through that second sentence, so it isn't meant to be taken seriously. And you're free to have your opinions, I don't care.

I feel bad for Frederick now though. Also, I hate how these polls keep winding up with results that I hate. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Gaius/Sumia is my favorite pairing in the game, haha. I'm really not a person who gets invested in "shipping" or whatever but something about these two clicked with me a lot and now I am the obnoxious fan who screams OTP about these two at every opportunity.

I just really like their interactions, and how Sumia, who usually is depicted as shy, lacking self-confidence, and constantly deriding herself, doesn't dwell on her own faults so much in her Gaius supports. She just seems more comfortable with herself. Also, she is the one who makes the first move in the S-support and I have a Thing about the girls in this game doing the confessing/proposing, haha.

Also, Cynthia is the best with orange hair. IF YOU DISAGREE....then you have a perfectly valid opinion and I respect that.

I still love orange-haired Cynthia though. Dat complementary color combination.

[spoiler=obnoxious use of own unfinished fanart under here]t9hsKdI.png

(did i just delurk to ramble about my otp? why yes i did)

why the fuck isn't male!avatar/cynthia an option

or better yet, zm/cynthia

Voted Gaius/Sumia because I like their interactions best (and Cynthia and Lucina make better friends than siblings, despite I love seeing Cynthia with blue hair), and Gerome/Cynthia because it's a VERY good pairing for gameplay purposes, and their supports are some of my favorites in the game, despite me being jealous that Gerome got all her attention. :P

EDIT: Knows what's up.

Edited by ZMeister

Chrom or Henry could pull ahead because there are still over 12 hours left until I close voting.

I can't see Gaius winning, though, which is sad because the pairing is kind of cute.

The hate for my OTP is kind of saddening. I don't think any of my choices are going to win here. :\

And yay Dekodomo unlurked to post fanart, squee~

But okay. Let's have at today's options.

Sumia honestly needs to be able to marry Vaike, because Cynthia would make so much sense and she'd be a beautiful blonde, but nope. IS is killing my dreams of having a gorgeous little blonde Cynthia and a navy-haired Gerome. Fine.

So since I can't get that, I'll gladly take my favorite alternative for Sumia, and his name is Frederick.

Why? Supports, supports, supports, eugenics never give me a problem, and supports.The actual support between Frederick and Sumia is just all kinds of darling. Yes, Sumia's a klutz and messes quite a few things up in this one, but guess who's there supporting her regardless of it? Frederick. They both get exactly what they need out of each other: someone who understands and respects them despite their shortcomings. She finds his obsession with details and his perfectionism sweet, and he knows that under the forgetfulness and stumbling is a kind-hearted girl who just wants to help as much as she can. And that S support is so full of sugar it kind of gives me diabetes. But I love it. <3

But wait: that's not all. His version of the supports with Cynthia absolutely murder my feels dead. I mean, Gaius' version made me want to cry, but Frederick's just... AGH. It's too, too much. I mean, I know this is just an opinion, but it almost feels like that support was written with him in mind. Just, my feels.

Honorable mention is Gaius. Male Avatar as well, really. Both supports are heart-touchingly sweet, and for once the girl actually makes the first move in Gaius' support with her, I love that! They're both funny and endearing supports, just like the girl they revolve around. And I absolutely adore that.

Now for Cynthia... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK?

Argh. I'm so torn between Male Morgan, Gerome and Owain... but I think... I think I have to go with... Owain. Childhood friends? Check. Bonding over being heroes? Check. Hilarious as all hell? Check. Has a super-sweet D'aww-worthy S support? Check!

Honorable mention goes to ALL of them. I'm not freaking kidding with you right now. I've read every single of Cynthia's supports and I can't find one I don't like. She's just... she's like the Stahl of the second generation, honestly.

Though Frederick/Cordelia is better. Way better.

I agree. Aside from Cordelia's whining about Chrom in it, it's one of my favorite supports in the game. My three favorites so far are FrederickxFemale Avatar, FrederickxCordelia, and StahlxCordelia. GaiusxMaribelle and Lon'quxCherche are very close behind though. I would actually like StahlxCordelia supports the most, but Female Avatar calling Frederick Freddy Bear is an automatic bunch of points. lol

Edited by Anacybele

The hate for my OTP is kind of saddening. I don't think any of my choices are going to win here. :\

And yay Dekodomo unlurked to post fanart, squee~

But okay. Let's have at today's options.

Sumia honestly needs to be able to marry Vaike, because Cynthia would make so much sense and she'd be a beautiful blonde, but nope. IS is killing my dreams of having a gorgeous little blonde Cynthia and a navy-haired Gerome. Fine.

The solution is to create a male avatar with blond hair and marry him to Sumia XD

There was no reason for Sumia to have limited supports. It was a stupid move for IS to make. I like her support with Henry, but still.

It was to force Chrom/Sumia upon everybody.

I'm not gonna go all SazukeEX on you, but I'm just saying.

It was to force Chrom/Sumia upon everybody.

But it doesn't because both have other options. If they wanted to force us to do ChromxSumia, they would've made that the only possible pairing for the two.

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh, I hate to bring this back up again, but I really have to ask something.

I'm not trying to force my opinions on others. I put a line through that second sentence, so it isn't meant to be taken seriously. And you're free to have your opinions, I don't care.

I feel bad for Frederick now though. Also, I hate how these polls keep winding up with results that I hate. >_>

Anacybele, I'm not trying to bash you or attack your opinion or anything, so don't take this the wrong way. But I truly do not understand the degree to which you get so worked up and annoyed about the results of these polls going in a direction you hate. None of the polls went in a direction I like, or care strongly for, but you don't see me throwing a hissy fit about it, right? So I have to ask, does it personally offend you that people like things that you don't like? Does it personally offend you that people think that Frederick/Sumia make a good couple while you absolutely despise it? And if it does personally offend you, then why? Like, I'm legitimately curious. And it's not just you, but I just don't understand how worked up people get over their favorite characters not winning like the results actually offended them.

But it doesn't because both have other options. If they wanted to force us to do ChromxSumia, they would've made that the only possible pairing for the two.

I wouldn't say it's to force the pairing, but to make it easier for Chrom to not end up with the Maiden if for some reason the player doesn't have him married off by the cutoff time or if all his other options are taken. It's like a failsafe, since Sumia can't marry many other people it's harder to lock her out of marrying Chrom than it is to lock out like Sully for example. She's also a failsafe against the other failsafe (aka Olivia) in case her and Chrom don't get any support points in the one chapter.

Ugh, I hate to bring this back up again, but I really have to ask something.

Anacybele, I'm not trying to bash you or attack your opinion or anything, so don't take this the wrong way. But I truly do not understand the degree to which you get so worked up and annoyed about the results of these polls going in a direction you hate. None of the polls went in a direction I like, or care strongly for, but you don't see me throwing a hissy fit about it, right? So I have to ask, does it personally offend you that people like things that you don't like? Does it personally offend you that people think that Frederick/Sumia make a good couple while you absolutely despise it? And if it does personally offend you, then why? Like, I'm legitimately curious. And it's not just you, but I just don't understand how worked up people get over their favorite characters not winning like the results actually offended them.

Um... perhaps this would be better in a private message?

On topic - I'm actually rather surprised by the poll results. Namely... I was certain GaiusxSumia would be much higher.